Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 23:24   #3211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Hey folks,

I have completed 3000kms on my figo tdci.

the FE update is not promising now in city i got 11.8 and 11.6 kmpl (full tank to full tank auto stop)

I was getting around 12.5 kmpl before the service

I guess Figo tdci FE is not going help figo sales. i might have got this FE even with POLO petrol i guess !

Cheers.
I'm getting 12.88 from my Titanium Diesel. Just before the first service. I'm expecting things to improve now. Current odo reads 2552.
Old 5th September 2010, 12:56   #3212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
I'm getting 12.88 from my Titanium Diesel. Just before the first service. I'm expecting things to improve now. Current odo reads 2552.
I do not know your driving patterns but when I told the SA at Talera Ford Pune that I am getting around 15-16 in city, he told me that they generally do not do the mileage check before 10k kms as the diesel engines take some time to run in completely.

However, he said that 15-16 is a border case and he offered me to get the engine diagnosed if the mileage falls below 14.

So, if your driving patterns are decent and if you know other diesels giving a better mileage in similar conditions that you run, I suggest you raise your voice to SA and if he does not offer to help write to ford.

Me thinks 12.88 is a bit low for a diesel unless you drive too less or drive only in congested roads!
Old 5th September 2010, 14:17   #3213
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Went for estimate - 8500 for changing windshield through insurance. I may need to pay around 2k. I do not understand why it is called Full insurance.
Showed the little sratch. Quoted 5.5k . So not going to do that now

Little OT: Ford is going to open another plant. Heard that is not in Chennai and is in Gurgaon. Almost all things seems to be finalised. What problem in Chennai or any logistics issues faced during delivery.
Old 5th September 2010, 14:26   #3214
Senior - BHPian

I find it hard to believe that the Figo can give lower mileage figures than the iKon and the Fiesta powered by the same engine. Unless they got it completely wrong and the emission norms, the gearing or factors like an uprated A/C are responsible, this defies logic.

Fuel economy depends a lot on driving style too, but I haven't heard any Fiesta owner voicing a concern due to FE (1.4TDCi). In fact, I'd expect the Figo to be close to best in class.
Old 5th September 2010, 14:48   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Went for estimate - 8500 for changing windshield through insurance. I may need to pay around 2k. I do not understand why it is called Full insurance.

Little OT: Ford is going to open another plant. Heard that is not in Chennai and is in Gurgaon. Almost all things seems to be finalised. What problem in Chennai or any logistics issues faced during delivery.
Don't you have drive assure or one of the similar equivalent products ? Thats supposed to give 100% coverage ?
Old 5th September 2010, 14:56   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I do not know your driving patterns but when I told the SA at Talera Ford Pune that I am getting around 15-16 in city, he told me that they generally do not do the mileage check before 10k kms as the diesel engines take some time to run in completely.

However, he said that 15-16 is a border case and he offered me to get the engine diagnosed if the mileage falls below 14.

So, if your driving patterns are decent and if you know other diesels giving a better mileage in similar conditions that you run, I suggest you raise your voice to SA and if he does not offer to help write to ford.

Me thinks 12.88 is a bit low for a diesel unless you drive too less or drive only in congested roads!
While I was at the service station for the first service, I met a guy who had done 9000 km on the same variant. He also got around 12 kmpl to start with, which went up to 15 and then 20.
They also did a test with the laptop PC, and said it was fine, and suggested I report back with updated mileage figures.
Old 5th September 2010, 22:04   #3217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
While I was at the service station for the first service, I met a guy who had done 9000 km on the same variant. He also got around 12 kmpl to start with, which went up to 15 and then 20.
They also did a test with the laptop PC, and said it was fine, and suggested I report back with updated mileage figures.
An increase from 12 to 20 kmpl ! Phenomenal.

Apart from the natural increase in FE due to good running - in practices, is there any other factor within the control of the ASC which can be used to increase the FE, (at the expense of acceleration, torque and so on) as was the case with earlier generation vehicles ? Requesting some inputs on this
Old 6th September 2010, 11:49   #3218
Senior - BHPian

Mileage update for 1.4 Tdci.

Method - tankful to tankful

ODO at tankful - 2918

Total distance travelled before the tankful- 581.

Total fuel taken - 37 liters.

Mileage - 15.7 km/l

Driving pattern- 2*20 KM/day in mostly city driven traffic, with a 2km stretch that has bumper to bumper traffic. And a 200 KM trip with 40% highway. A/C on 80% of the times!

Current DTE after refill 685. Mileage expected ~ 16 kmpl

Last edited by anilisanil : 6th September 2010 at 12:02.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:39   #3219
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Still I see lot of inconsistency among FE values particularly diesel. Petrol engines was never higher.
@ownerofazkaban - seems, that is how insurance companies live..
Old 7th September 2010, 10:43   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@Yamaha, You could go back to the service station, request them to drain the oil and refill it again in 20s.. You dont loose anything and if they are proved wrong, you know what to do!!
Thanks Headers/Rajan.

I will talk to the service center in the next week or two. I will update once i have some results.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:55   #3221
BHPian

Long drive report

Hi Folks,

I went for a long drive on the weekend to Mysore and nearby places. I have crossed 3000+ kms. The following are my observations.

1. Highway driving is a pleasure in diesel, as long your RPM is in 1800-2000 range, you can overtake any vehicle without downshifting

2. The vehicle always seems to be planted on the road, with no body roll at all. I dont drive around 60 to 80 (max 90)

3. Braking is quite good for my speed.

4. Gear box is not smooth even after 3000 kms.

5. AC is quite good.

6. Headlights are just OK for highway driving

7. Rear seats and legroom is fantastic for short people

8. Overall visibility from Driver is one of the best in this segment

9. Rear washer/defogger was very helpful

10. Underscrapping happened about 3-4 times in this trip.

11. Steering is fantastic at high speed, and does exactly what you would expect from it. But its tight at low speeds.

12. Front seat thigh support is great, but back support is average. It does not support your entire spine.

13. Clutch is good and does not seem to stress my ankle too much.

Would love to hear comments from Polo (petrol) owners (who have driven couple of thousands on polo) about similar aspects that i have reported above.

Cheers.
Old 9th September 2010, 09:34   #3222
BHPian

Is Ford Figo TMP worth it

Hi Folks,

I got a call from Ford service with the following offer for Figo TDCi - diesel

1. 12k for 2 years 20k
2. 21k for 3 years 30k

Fiesta TDCi / Ikon TDCi owners, can you tell me if the normal servicing itself will cost 21k for 3 years ownership?

My average per year would be 10k so i guess i am fine with 30k plan for 3 years.

Thanks for your quick replies.
Yamaha
Old 9th September 2010, 10:56   #3223
BHPian

Has anyone got the USB cable recently fitted on the Figo? I have been asking for the USB cable since I purchased Figo (back in June) and still not got it. The dealer says (Planet Ford, Pune) they haven't received any cable since last 3 months!
Old 9th September 2010, 11:03   #3224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Hi Folks,

I got a call from Ford service with the following offer for Figo TDCi - diesel

1. 12k for 2 years 20k
2. 21k for 3 years 30k

Fiesta TDCi / Ikon TDCi owners, can you tell me if the normal servicing itself will cost 21k for 3 years ownership?

My average per year would be 10k so i guess i am fine with 30k plan for 3 years.

Thanks for your quick replies.
Yamaha
If you have extended warranty I do not see why you should go for TMP.

But I am a confused customer myself regarding TMP, I wonder where and how it would be helpful!

My assumption is to avail it post the warranty period! Correct me if I am wrong!
Old 9th September 2010, 12:34   #3225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

same thing happened to my car.
Total charge for the windshield, rubber parts, sealant and labour - 7250
Insurance paid about 5300.
Rest I had to pay from my pocket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks