Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 19:07   #3331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Yes I did observe what you observed. It is as if air is getting leaked, but I could not establish if the air is actually leaking, but could not find anything. Do let me know if you are able to solve it, I am fed up solving the squeak issues and do not want to take up one more issue again!
Sure! I did a preliminary scan and found no issues with any gaps on the window beading. Will check more extensively. Luckily my car hasn't started squeaking yet after 1160 kms, fingers crossed.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:15   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Did the first tankful to tankful method to calculate the FE in 1125kms (TDCi).
Since last tankful,
Trip meter:- 417.8 kms
Fuel:- 27.06 litres
Hence FE:- 15.44 km/l
Driving condition:- 60% highway 40% city with moderate traffic (very rarely bumper to bumper)
AC:- ON 80% of the time
New DTE reading:- 662 kms

I'm pretty satisfied with the data considering that the vehicle is still in the run-in period and also at the fact that I'm new to a diesel car.
Quote:
Sure! I did a preliminary scan and found no issues with any gaps on the window beading. Will check more extensively. Luckily my car hasn't started squeaking yet after 1160 kms, fingers crossed.
So you too got a Figo? I thought you had an innova. Is it a white one? I remember seeing a white one at prasanth nagar.

Good to see you are enjoying your car.
Old 18th October 2010, 21:01   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
So you too got a Figo? I thought you had an innova. Is it a white one? I remember seeing a white one at prasanth nagar.

Good to see you are enjoying your car.
Hey Gemi, yeah, we have a new Figo at home
It's a white ZXi, but I guess you might have spotted another car since I haven't taken my car through that route till now. We had a Santro Xing which is being used by my sister in Bangalore.

And yeah, I'm enjoying the drive in the new Figo, though I miss the peppiness of the Xing at times, but something which I will get used to. Hope your car is serving you well too!
Old 20th October 2010, 09:13   #3334
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My Engine Oil level lower 2 to 3 mm from the max mark. I have done 5300km (2600 km was my first service and oil change). My engine noise is still not got resolved. If correlate these two I smell something eventhough very early to predict. Will post the developments in my ownership thread.
Now more Figos on the road and expect some discounts during this year end.
Old 20th October 2010, 12:39   #3335
BHPian

Ford recommends raising the rpm to 3000 for 30secs once every week. What does this do?
Old 20th October 2010, 14:57   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Gemi, yeah, we have a new Figo at home
It's a white ZXi, but I guess you might have spotted another car since I haven't taken my car through that route till now. We had a Santro Xing which is being used by my sister in Bangalore.

And yeah, I'm enjoying the drive in the new Figo, though I miss the peppiness of the Xing at times, but something which I will get used to. Hope your car is serving you well too!
Good to hear you are enjoying the car. A new car is always very special.

My Figo is doing well. Have completed 11.5K.

Did you mention of a F.E close to 15km/l? Thats really great on the Petrol Figo. I wonder why people are complaining of very low mileage on the petrol one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
My Engine Oil level lower 2 to 3 mm from the max mark. I have done 5300km (2600 km was my first service and oil change). My engine noise is still not got resolved. If correlate these two I smell something eventhough very early to predict. Will post the developments in my ownership thread.
Now more Figos on the road and expect some discounts during this year end.
If the sound increased after changing the windshield. Why dont you get the windshield rubber beadings checked. It could just be that more noise is coming inside the cabin than the engine really making more noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Ford recommends raising the rpm to 3000 for 30secs once every week. What does this do?
It cleans the exhaust system especially the EGR system in the Diesel. I guess its recommended only for diesel engines.
Old 20th October 2010, 18:57   #3337
BHPian

Quote:
It cleans the exhaust system especially the EGR system in the Diesel. I guess its recommended only for diesel engines.
Is there any change felt after doing so. Sometimes I feel the engine is little less "tight" after the exercise. But that too lasts only for a short period, maybe a 5kms or so.
Old 20th October 2010, 19:39   #3338
BHPian

Has anybody changed stock headlights?
Could you advise which would be the right choice, philips or osram and the model info plz :-)
Old 20th October 2010, 21:40   #3339
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Could you advise which would be the right choice, philips or osram and the model info plz :-)
Brand is not very much important than wattage. If you upgrade to 90/100 then there is a chance of loosing warranty. Please check. But no doubt stock headlights are almost useless.

Quote:
If the sound increased after changing the windshield. Why dont you get the windshield rubber beadings checked. It could just be that more noise is coming inside the cabin than the engine really making more noise.
Yes. The table top (wiper motor black cover) was removed and SA checked the rubber beadings and sealant and found OK. Now the confusion is whether noise of engine became more (coincidently happened) or the noise heard inside cabin is more due to some failure in sound insulation. These things really make to loose interest in this good car. Luck is not doing anything good for me now.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:51   #3340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm using 100/90 philips blue vision in my figo, along with the oe fog lamps. The difference is amazing. Sticking to the original lights may safeguard your warranty, but puts you at a great risk of crashing into something. The first time I drive with those at night, I thought I had only my park lights on! :Lol I wonder how ford approved such a design.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:52   #3341
BHPian

Did some research, I think Philips X-tremePower H4 12342 XP 12V 60/55W P43t-38 will do the job.
Old 21st October 2010, 01:19   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Did you mention of a F.E close to 15km/l? Thats really great on the Petrol Figo. I wonder why people are complaining of very low mileage on the petrol one?
Mine is a TDCi ZXi
A petrol Figo should return around 10-12 km/l in the city, and thats reason enough for the owners to complain I guess.

Quote:
Did some research, I think Philips X-tremePower H4 12342 XP 12V 60/55W P43t-38 will do the job.
Using them will keep your electrical warranty in tact since the wattage remains the same. As per user reports you can expect around 50% increase in light output from the stock bulbs. A pair should cost around 1K.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:19   #3343
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gr8 work. Any idea where it is available in chennai or bangalore

Quote:
Using them will keep your electrical warranty in tact since the wattage remains the same. As per user reports you can expect around 50% increase in light output from the stock bulbs. A pair should cost around 1K.
Rs1000 right. I think we can change the bulb instead of going to service centre.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:59   #3344
BHPian

Looking for some answers from Figo owners -

(1) Does figo show real time fuel consumption, or is it only DTE?
(2) Does figo have illuminated all power window & OVRM buttons?
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:16   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Looking for some answers from Figo owners -

(1) Does figo show real time fuel consumption, or is it only DTE?
(2) Does figo have illuminated all power window & OVRM buttons?
1) Its DTE only! Calculates distance based on past 500km usage! You get pretty much useless figures in first 500km (aka Fiesta DTE), there afterwards its pretty much accurate.
2) Only front windows have power windows, one of them illuminated on driver side. OVRMs button isn't illuminated (aka Fiesta style).

Last edited by RaguHolla : 22nd October 2010 at 16:18.

Most Viewed