Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 12:59   #3436
Senior - BHPian

Hi Figo Owners,

One of my friend who has a Ford Figo Titanium Tdci has faced a problem after his 2nd service.
Now the Audio Bluetooth system is not working rest everything is working fine.
It's shows 'BT waiting'.
I tried to figure out the issue and it failed as i could not find any reset button and the menu won't show any other bluetooth menu items other than Bluetooth : on/off
Please let me know how to reset to factory settings or how to fix this issue.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:22   #3437
Senior - BHPian

^^ Try removing the fuse for music system and refitting it or just disconnect the battery and reconnect it.

Disconnecting the battery would reset DTE memory (not sure though!)
Old 19th November 2010, 17:35   #3438
Senior - BHPian

RGK
No problems so far. I have seen several cars use the exact same bulbs.

happy.tripathy
The bulbs cost 800 Rs which I bought from the philips dealer. The ford accessory shop also have the same thing but charge a bit more.
The fitting charge was 60Rs done at Ford A$$.
Old 19th November 2010, 17:45   #3439
Senior - BHPian

^^ 850 is much less than the Marked Price, no? And I am all the while happy that I got a great deal!!

I got extreme ones, though!!
Old 19th November 2010, 18:22   #3440
Senior - BHPian

800 Philips crystal Vision
850 Philips Extreme Vision
900 Philips Diamond Vision
This price is from the philips distributor
Old 19th November 2010, 19:20   #3441
Senior - BHPian

The one i got is china made and has 1150/- as the Marked Price.

And AFAIR it is Extreme Vision. I will post the picture of casing if I still have them.
Old 19th November 2010, 20:21   #3442
Senior - BHPian

anilisanil,
The ones me and some other bhpians got are made in Germany and are officially distributed by philips India
Please post picture of the box if you stilll have them.
Old 20th November 2010, 20:05   #3443
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
@captain slow was this the labour charges or metro ford replaced the existing bulbs and charged you this much ??? My figo is going for its 2nd service tommorow, and I also want to upgrade the bulbs.
Not a great deal for replacement. Just refer Page 34 in the manual. You need to spend 30 min if you are interested in doing these kind of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Go to Rahul enterprises on FC Road (just near the Nokia Care and behind the BP petrol bunk) the charge for the said bulb is around 900-950 (white light) including installation.

I went for Extreme Power and they did it for 950.

Note: I am assuming you are in Pune!
Pune is real automobile city. Here so called motorcity Chennai is costly - 1150 I paid for xtreme power - but Yellow light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
anilisanil,
The ones me and some other bhpians got are made in Germany and are officially distributed by philips India
Please post picture of the box if you stilll have them.
Posted. But not so clear. I have put the original stock bulbs inside this pack and kept in the dash. One of my friend told that Philips bulb really lasts longer. Let us see

Period
My car came back after 5 days for fixing my engine noise.. All in my ownership thread. One thing in this common most readable forum
MPL Ford - Perungudi - Response & Dedication on the job is TOP CLASS.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image_167.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 20th November 2010 at 20:19.
Old 20th November 2010, 20:42   #3444
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Just to add - wrote a mail to write2md@ford and got a call from their MD's office to know the name of service centre. I think they forward customer mail to the respective service centre. But so far no call from Ford.
Ownership thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2147419 which I missed in my previous post
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:03   #3445
Senior - BHPian

I do not know about others, but I am really pissed with the squeaking sound from my car and is not getting solved no matter what and the following mail goes to Ford.

Quote:
This is to bring to your notice that, besides your squeaking irritating car, there are equally irritating Customer Service Representatives on your toll free number 18004252500.

Just for your information, my vehicle number MH 12 FY 8231 and irritatingly squeaking Ford Figo has a concern pending for the squeak, which you unfortunately have not been able to sort out so far. I also wrote a mail in this regard last Monday. I called up 18004252500 which is generally busy and hard to get connected to. But when I was, I was answered by “someone” who promised that the person dealing with my concern would call me back in an hour (which incidentally did not happen)

And when I called back again, I was answered by Parimala, who either seem to have not received her salary for last few months or must be throwing her tantrums at the odd customer. She absent mindedly asked me to tell the details of my problem and when I enthusiastically spoke for five continuous minutes she snaps back disinterestedly and tells me that the person dealing with the concern will call me back.

What I do not understand is that, why that person “who is dealing with my concern” could not call back. I hope he is alive and have not got caught in the Parimala’s caustic mood and passed away, may he RIP if he did

If you are wondering how a person can be so caustic, please do not any further. I request you to just come and drive my Figo for five minutes and your sarcastic best would come dancing out of you, it is IRRITATING

I don’t expect any reply from you. Not after three months of irritating follow up. Why I wrote this mail is to tell you that someone out here knows that this email ID is a farce and no one cares to look into the issue

Hope you loot more and more customers!

happy looting!

Last edited by anilisanil : 22nd November 2010 at 11:06.
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:14   #3446
Senior - BHPian

Hi anilsanil,

I am free these days and ready to accpet your offer(if you were to make one) to sit on the back seat and hold up the rear panels (a la the descent from Kaas) as and when you drive the Figo

Otherwise take the Figo to the denting and painting or the Body shop department of the A.S.S. and catch hold of the head fitter (forget about the SAs). Get this guy to take off your panels and fit them back again after checking each and every one of the plastic locks and replacing any that are suspect. You would also do well to buy and take along a few sound damping sheets and let the fitter apply these wherever the panels are rattling against the body work.

EDIT

Do give a ride to the fitter on the back seat prior to taking off the panels so that he can ascertain for himself the likely source of the noise. Much better than verbal description.

Last edited by khoj : 22nd November 2010 at 13:17.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:04   #3447
Senior - BHPian

^^ All this was done. The sound persists even after changing the rear parcel trims. But then thanks for the offer :P

I guess its one of those side effects of Monday Blues :P
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:15   #3448
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Anilsanil - This is worst. did you write to write2md@ford. Pl do that and write reminder mails daily.

My observation after driving 150kms yesterday... no improvement in engine noise inside the cabin. The noise is pretty there. My followup with service centre will start in a day or two.
One thing I learnt - Do pay more and get a top class quality product.
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:05   #3449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I do not know about others, but I am really pissed with the squeaking sound from my car and is not getting solved no matter what and the following mail goes to Ford.

I am resigned to my squeak box or rattle trap Figo. The only solution I found is turn on the music!. Thankfully, they have provided a decent music system.

Really spoils an otherwise pleasant ownership.
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:12   #3450
BHPian

Hi Deepblue,

I am also facing the same squeaking noise although not very intimidating(yet!) but i spoke to one of my friends and he is facing this issue and just does not seem to be finding a solution. it would be interesting to know the response from Ford is. I own a Petrol Figo ZXI and my friend also has petrol zxi.
I have another problem with my car.. it has some noise while braking slowly some kind of dragging noise and though this is not there while braking hard so does not seem to affect my safety but its irritating none the less. I have driven it 2000 kms and will give for servicing soon and get the problem resolved HOPEFULLY. But ford is not keeping up its service especially after figo. i was very happy owner of a fiesta and the ikon but something has certainly gone wrong

Most Viewed