Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:19   #3451
BHPian

I'm having a squak problem too. If someone sits in the rear and then exits, the shock make a groaning sound when they come back to their normal position.

OT - yesterday a Maruti Van caught fire in Kotturpuram, Chennai. It was totally gutted I heard.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:22   #3452
Senior - BHPian

RGK
Sorry to hear about all your problems. A close relative of mine got a Figo Petrol Titanium 1.2!
I went to their house to see their car and I was really surprised to find the engine noise to be a lot less than my car!
I think during the windshield change they have messed up something somewhere in both our cars.

Most of us also have similar problems with our cars! I'm fed up with the squeaking sound coming from the backside

I spoke to one of the SA at a ford A$$ which I can not name here. He confirmed that all figos have the rattle/squeak and also 90% of them complain about the breaking sound issue.
He told me all this can be solved if given enough time. The problem is that they don't have time. They need to quickly move the cars out to make room for new cars coming in for service.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2010 at 18:34. Reason: "I'm back" post removed.
Old 24th November 2010, 02:11   #3453
BHPian

Now close to 2,400 kms, my Figo hasn't started squeaking till now, and I'm pretty happy with the car so far.
The minor issues that crop up
1) The front wiper speed goes mental at times. When i put it on lowest speed, the interval between the strokes vary randomly at times. It has varied between around 2 seconds to 7-8 seconds
2) At times the rear wiper do not get back to the lowest position when switched off in between a stroke, rather it freezes midway.
3) While going over a rough patch there is a kind of rattle from the front area. It sounds similar to engine knocking, but I'm almost sure it's not the knocking since I might be doing a 1,500 rpm on 2nd gear then. I read someone saying something about the brake pads vibrating. I'm not sure if my car has it.

Planning to get these checked at the first service that will most probably happen next Monday.

By the way, welcome back Mustang, the Figo owners need you here

Last edited by jayded : 24th November 2010 at 02:24.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:46   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW9763 View Post
Hi Deepblue,

I am also facing the same squeaking noise although not very intimidating(yet!) but i spoke to one of my friends and he is facing this issue and just does not seem to be finding a solution. it would be interesting to know the response from Ford is. I own a Petrol Figo ZXI and my friend also has petrol zxi.
I have another problem with my car.. it has some noise while braking slowly some kind of dragging noise and though this is not there while braking hard so does not seem to affect my safety but its irritating none the less. I have driven it 2000 kms and will give for servicing soon and get the problem resolved HOPEFULLY. But ford is not keeping up its service especially after figo. i was very happy owner of a fiesta and the ikon but something has certainly gone wrong
I have not got that sound yet otherwise mine is a real squeaker/rattler, infact I think I have maximum squeaks in Tbhp Figo

I have the following sounds

1. Standard right rear squeak
2. Standard left rear squeak
3. Dash board squeaks occassionally on poorly finished concrete roads
4. Rattle from front tyre area diagnosed as break caliper problem
5. The latest one - from the rt front door, near the upper corner.

I turn on the music and act stone deaf till the next service. The first two have been attended to before but do appear back again after sometime.

@Jayded.
Your sound may be similar to the my fourth sound. I had posted details on this thread earlier.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 24th November 2010 at 10:58.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:57   #3455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I have not got that sound yet otherwise mine is a real squeaker/rattler, infact I think I have maximum squeaks in Tbhp Figos.

I have the following sounds

1. Standard right rear squeak
2. Standard left rear squeak
3. Dash board squeaks occassionally on poorly finished concrete roads
4. Rattle from front tyre area diagnosed as break caliper problem
5. The latest one - from the rt front door, near the upper corner.

I turn on the music and act stone deaf till the next service. The first two have been attended to before but do appear back again after sometime.

Except the 4 above I too have the other four squeaks, but 1 and 2 take the cake. You just need to talk to me after I drive through a bad road to know how irritated I get!
Old 24th November 2010, 11:17   #3456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Now close to 2,400 kms, my Figo hasn't started squeaking till now, and I'm pretty happy with the car so far.
The minor issues that crop up
1) The front wiper speed goes mental at times. When i put it on lowest speed, the interval between the strokes vary randomly at times. It has varied between around 2 seconds to 7-8 seconds
This is because you can customize the interval as per your need. Switch on the wiper in its lowest speed once and immediately switch it off. After this if you again switch it on after 'x' seconds, then the interval will be set at 'x' seconds.
'x' definitely has to fall between a range of operating values.
Old 24th November 2010, 15:07   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
This is because you can customize the interval as per your need. Switch on the wiper in its lowest speed once and immediately switch it off. After this if you again switch it on after 'x' seconds, then the interval will be set at 'x' seconds.
'x' definitely has to fall between a range of operating values.
Whoa, now that's cool. I was a bit worried at that strange behaviour, now I can relax and enjoy the feature and not be worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
@Jayded.
Your sound may be similar to the my fourth sound. I had posted details on this thread earlier.
Yeah so may be it's your post I had read and it seems you have company. It is a fast shuddering sound that comes up while moving over a rough patch. As I said there is very little chance that its the engine knock, since I make sure I shift down on time. Sounds as if some stuff is left loose under the hood and is bouncing around.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2010 at 18:33. Reason: Removing quote from deleted post.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:16   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Except the 4 above I too have the other four squeaks, but 1 and 2 take the cake. You just need to talk to me after I drive through a bad road to know how irritated I get!
You bet! It is as if somebody is scratching a sulcus into my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Yeah so may be it's your post I had read and it seems you have company. It is a fast shuddering sound that comes up while moving over a rough patch. As I said there is very little chance that its the engine knock, since I make sure I shift down on time. Sounds as if some stuff is left loose under the hood and is bouncing around.
I think we are talking about the same thing. The SA told me Ford is brought out a TSB on this break caliper problem but has not reached them yet. In this email age, it seems a little hard to believe. You can check with your dealer. I also wonder if it is really the break caliper problem or something else.Break caliper sound is heard if you kick the tyre in a parked vehicle. But I dont hear any such rattle, it comes only on rough roads.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:31   #3459
BHPian

Figo Airpressure

I have started having airpressure of 36 Front-41 Rear since few days because of underscraping issue. Please let me know if there are other Figo owners who keep this pressure and if there are any potential issue if i keep the pressure so high consistently like decreased tyre life or some handling/suspension issue etc.
Old 24th November 2010, 22:14   #3460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
I have started having airpressure of 36 Front-41 Rear since few days because of underscraping issue. Please let me know if there are other Figo owners who keep this pressure and if there are any potential issue if i keep the pressure so high consistently like decreased tyre life or some handling/suspension issue etc.
36- 41 is way too much tyre pressure! Your tyres can get punctured easily even with small nails or stones with such high pressure!
I don't think it will affect your suspension but it will surely increase your braking distance and make the ride bumpy like hell!

I maintain 30 on both front and rear. Where ever I see a bigger than usual speed breaker or some pot hole too deep I go dead slow. Managed to avoid any bottom scraping this way.
Old 25th November 2010, 16:46   #3461
BHPian

I found a strange problem with the DTE today. I had put 300 bucks diesel in a local bunk and came to Office. While waiting for the turbo to calm down, I decided to check the DTE.

What happened is - It showed 160, then it went like a timer all the way upto 168, then it came back to 160. Then it reduced all the way down to 154. Kept doing this in an endless loop.

Is this normal? I'm seeing this for the first time.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:28   #3462
Senior - BHPian

^^ I dont think it is. I check the DTE daily while the customary idling before turning off, never observed this.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:39   #3463
BHPian

When there are five people in the car i scrape some humps quite badly regardless of how slow i go. This has reduced after i went for the higher airpressure basically 36-41.

One hump which i used to scrape quite badly is when i come from mcity towards the NH. THis has reduced after going for the higher airpressure

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 25th November 2010 at 17:41.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:00   #3464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
When there are five people in the car i scrape some humps quite badly regardless of how slow i go. This has reduced after i went for the higher airpressure basically 36-41.

One hump which i used to scrape quite badly is when i come from mcity towards the NH. THis has reduced after going for the higher airpressure
Yes, with 4 average sized people in the car, the bottom scrapes no matter how slow you go over the hump. If the scraping can be avoided by having the said above tire pressure then i will do it right now. However is this the recommended air pressure and if no then any impact?
Old 25th November 2010, 18:52   #3465
BHPian

The manual recommends this airpressure. That's why i went for it. I have started having it only for 2 days now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks