Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 14:25   #1951
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang: Could you please confirm the thing about the Fog Lamps. Some say we will get rear fog lamps too and some say its just the front fog lamps. WOuld be great if you could confirm.

They guy in trivandrum quoted Rs.5300 for fog lamps. Can someone confirm the price? I think its too steep considering the least cost of ownership promise

Last edited by gemithomas : 13th April 2010 at 14:27.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:49   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Ford Dealers in Chennai - Are quite a honest bunch, wrt FE figures. To quote, "Fiesta P owners report 11 or 12 in the city Sir. But we would say 9 or 10".

I don't know if even these guys have fallen to the trap of giving inflated FE figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
During test drives, sales person from Lathangi said "Maximum of 15 kmpl for the Petrol and a Maximum of 20 kmpl for the Diesel". Most guys in their brochures have a small fine-print that says "Under test conditions".

Tallest claims are by Chevy Spark closely followed by Maruti Alto I guess, and neither gives what it claims. None that I know of.

I guess the Chennai and Bangalore guys are at least speaking something more or less close to reality. The Cochin guy said "saar 15-18 kmpl for petrol, sure saar, and 20-22 kmpl for diesel saar"

No wonder guys getting 17 kmpl from their Figo diesels are turning up at Ford service centres in Kerala complaining about FE. No point in giving them the what more do you want look.

I know FE is most dependent on driving style, but I don't think even the sanest drives in 5th gear on a highway can extract 18kmpl from the petrol Figo.

Last edited by longhorn : 13th April 2010 at 15:04.
Old 13th April 2010, 15:22   #1953
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<Originally Posted by longhorn
Lying to potential customers about FE is just not done.
Originally Posted by joshdrive
This is done by dealers from almost all brands. Not specific to ford.>>>

FE of a vehicle is a very big topic than this forum and it is very difficult to handle in a single thread.

- Yes this is common across all dealers and off-course across all sales guys.
Old 13th April 2010, 15:31   #1954
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Thanks gemithomas ! I really don't like the cheap looking finish on the center console. Wish they give that option on Titanium.

Mustang,
Any chance if I can get it replaced/customized on a Titanium, even if it can be done after taking delivery?
I guess you can get it replaced at an extra cost though and after waiting for a few days till it is available as such extras are currently not available at dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
@Mustang: Could you please confirm the thing about the Fog Lamps. Some say we will get rear fog lamps too and some say its just the front fog lamps. WOuld be great if you could confirm.

They guy in trivandrum quoted Rs.5300 for fog lamps. Can someone confirm the price? I think its too steep considering the least cost of ownership promise

I can tell you that it is for both front & rear but i cant tell you the price.

The best way to confirm both these things is to call up ford dealers anywhere in India & ask them about this.But do Tell them that you bought the figo from them otherwise i guess they wont care much.
Old 13th April 2010, 15:33   #1955
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

Gemi - In chennai I got the quote as Rs 5500/- two weeks back. The accessories guy told that it come with full set of wires, new switch assembly and the lights ( i did not check up regarding the lights at the back)
Old 13th April 2010, 19:29   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Figo TDCi on Ghat Roads

Does anyone have any experience in taking a Figo TDCi on a ghat road? Someone I know in Coimbatore wants to know. He currently drives a Uno D which is apparently the benchmark! I have never driven a Uno before so I have no idea how it drives on a ghat road. My guess is the Ritz may be a better puller than the Figo based on figures.

Kerala Thomases, have you taken your cars on a ghat road yet? And have you guys driven a Uno by any chance for a comparo?

Last edited by Gilead : 13th April 2010 at 19:34.
Old 13th April 2010, 19:49   #1957
BHPian

Gilead, I did drive the car on some ghat roads. The car won't have any problem as long as you keep the revs above 1500. On a steep incline if it drops below that, you might have to work that clutch a bit. The last time I drove the Uno was around 10 years back, in Bangalore. I did drive it to Nandi Hills but I don't remember a thing except for the extra hard steering. The Uno with it's NA engine might have the upper hand if you like to keep the revs low.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:19   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Joe, thanks for the info. Can it climb steep inclines on 1st gear without clutch riding?
Old 13th April 2010, 20:22   #1959
BHPian

When the car's stationary? if you are willing to burn some rubber, Yes.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:26   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
When the car's stationary? if you are willing to burn some rubber, Yes.
No, I meant if you feel the need to ride a clutch a bit in the 2nd to keep revs above 1500 on a steep incline, will downshifting to 1st help to avoid clutch riding? By steep inclines, I was referring to the Coimbatore-Conoor-Ooty section.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:33   #1961
BHPian

Yes if you downshift to 1st when the car goes below 1500 rpm, you don't need to ride the clutch, even in Coimbatore-Conoor-Ooty section. There's a considerable gap in ratios between 1st and 2nd so the car jerks a bit when you shift to 1st. Maybe a little heel-and-toe will help
Old 13th April 2010, 22:29   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I guess the Chennai and Bangalore guys are at least speaking something more or less close to reality. The Cochin guy said "saar 15-18 kmpl for petrol, sure saar, and 20-22 kmpl for diesel saar"
They probably learnt the hard way from Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I know FE is most dependent on driving style, but I don't think even the sanest drives in 5th gear on a highway can extract 18kmpl from the petrol Figo.
Even I would love to see that and will surely try once the car is here. But I am very sure it will be a boring drive. I do get near that figure often with the 4 year old Fusion 1.6 though.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:02   #1963
Senior - BHPian

OT: Just as mkerala has gone missing. The number of posts on this thread have drastically come down.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:16   #1964
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Joe & Gilead - Could not understand about your discussion on clutch riding in CBE-Conoor ghat road. How to ride on clutch on a slope. Will the vehicle move up if the entire power is not transmitted to the wheels.. If it is a very high steep (like dodabetta in Ooty) I shift to 1st and completely take my foot out of the clutch. Will do "half clutching" if needed to stop between vehicles on a slope during heavy traffic on both directions - Correct if I am wrong.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:54   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
How to ride on clutch on a slope. Will the vehicle move up if the entire power is not transmitted to the wheels..
No, you press half clutch or quarter, step on the throttle, increase the RPM and then let go off the clutch. Repeat as needed to increase the RPM depending on which gear you are in. This is called slipping the clutch and should not be done too often. Best to downshift on a ghat in order to be in the correct RPM range. Never try to hold a vehicle stationary on a slope using half clutch. It will lead to early clutch wear. Use brakes or hand brakes after pressing the clutch fully.

Last edited by Gilead : 13th April 2010 at 23:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks