Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 14:00   #2086
BHPian

Figo Query.

I had done a SWOT Analysis of the figo along with the other cars and put it on the What car forum.I got some feedback regarding some of the points in the Analsysis.

Given below is the analysis.

Ford Figo TDCI.
Strengths.
1. Smooth Engine, Good to drive.
2. Very Good Handling and ride. Took the car to 120 and it was totally planted at that speed.
3. Reasonable looks according to me.
4. Already have a ford. So relationship with the service center.
5. Good Space, Good Ergonomics, Good Interiors, Everything felt durable.

Weaknesses/Risks.
1. According to the overdrive test Figo takes around 20 seconds to reach 100K. Ritz in comparison takes only 15 seconds. I guess this could be a
big issue once i start living with this car. Surprisingly when i drove it it seemed quite punchy to me and the GTO review and lot of other
feedback has confirmed the same. Ford also claims around 15 second for 0-100. However i am inclined to go with overdrive since they are a successful automagazine.
2. Resale could be an issue.
3. Safety is an issue. According to the car magazine the Figo is not crash tested at all. This is a deal breaker according to me.
4. FORD A.S.S is not too good.
5. Looks not futureproof.
6. Waiting Period.
7. GC Not that good (This feedback was from the forum)

Some ack/Info that I got from the Forum.
1. Never depend on Overdrive since their numbers are not accurate for 0-100.
2. Crash testing is mandatory for all models. So the car magazine was incorrect.

Accordingly i got ACI and I did see huge disparity in atleast the 0-100 number. I was a bit surprised since atleast 0-100 number measurement should be pretty objective according to me. This may be a bit OT here but won't the carmakers sue the magazines which print incorrect information about them. Which one do i believe in?

Please have a look at my analysis and see if the points are accurate. Let me know if I am missing something.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:28   #2087
BHPian

I received delivery of my Car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-my-home.html
Old 20th April 2010, 17:18   #2088
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@vishnurp99 - is the what car forum same as whatcar mag. whatcar mag (April issue) has given Figo as the best hatchback ahead of Swift,Vista & Ritz in the Diesel segment
Old 20th April 2010, 17:43   #2089
RGK
Senior - BHPian

This thread and Figo booking & delivery issue thread is stagnant as new Figo ownership threads are increasing day by day
Old 20th April 2010, 17:54   #2090
BHPian

The 'what car forum' is team-bhp forum where i had put the car query. The magazines that i am talking about are overdrive and 'what car' magazine. Actually i am not too sure about the 2nd magazine name but they had a comparo of all the petrol cars.
Old 21st April 2010, 11:22   #2091
BHPian

Its the sign that the thread is maturing. From the general unknown car to the specific car and its details.

This Figo thread had an excellent run IMO. A very valuable thread of information for the prospective buyer. I wanted to put it as a short digest, but <time> is a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
This thread and Figo booking & delivery issue thread is stagnant as new Figo ownership threads are increasing day by day
Old 21st April 2010, 11:46   #2092
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Its the sign that the thread is maturing. From the general unknown car to the specific car and its details.

This Figo thread had an excellent run IMO. A very valuable thread of information for the prospective buyer. I wanted to put it as a short digest, but <time> is a factor.
Absolutely Brix. Immense info is here for figo buyers. By any chance is Ford picking the feedback and fixing it in the newer batches of vehicles (eg: varied opinion about A/C performance)
Old 21st April 2010, 18:31   #2093
BHPian

Am sure with the double shift running, they done have time either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Absolutely Brix. Immense info is here for figo buyers. By any chance is Ford picking the feedback and fixing it in the newer batches of vehicles (eg: varied opinion about A/C performance)
Old 21st April 2010, 19:38   #2094
BHPian

1 - Autocar did show those figures. No comment on that.
2 - Thats Indian mentality. No comment on that too. I expect Figo owners to hold on to their cars for a long time.
3 - Since this is a previous gen Fiesta, I guess it would already have a good safety rating.
4 - Ford A.S.S has improved a lot(according to lots of feedback from the forum)
5 - Which car looks futureproof? Will you pay big bucks for looks? Ford has gone for a safe classic design. Its quite objective. I dont like the way the Punto looks. Looks like a tight-lipped labrador. The Polo is a handsome german. But expensive.
6 - That is the cost of runaway success. Atleast for this month.
7 - My house has a massive ramp. The car passed it successfully. And its quite better than most cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post

Weaknesses/Risks.
1. According to the overdrive test Figo takes around 20 seconds to reach 100K. Ritz in comparison takes only 15 seconds. I guess this could be a
big issue once i start living with this car. Surprisingly when i drove it it seemed quite punchy to me and the GTO review and lot of other
feedback has confirmed the same. Ford also claims around 15 second for 0-100. However i am inclined to go with overdrive since they are a successful automagazine.
2. Resale could be an issue.
3. Safety is an issue. According to the car magazine the Figo is not crash tested at all. This is a deal breaker according to me.
4. FORD A.S.S is not too good.
5. Looks not futureproof.
6. Waiting Period.
7. GC Not that good (This feedback was from the forum)

Some ack/Info that I got from the Forum.
1. Never depend on Overdrive since their numbers are not accurate for 0-100.
2. Crash testing is mandatory for all models. So the car magazine was incorrect.

Last edited by Brix : 21st April 2010 at 19:39.
Old 21st April 2010, 22:18   #2095
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<<Which car looks futureproof? Will you pay big bucks for looks? Ford has gone for a safe classic design. Its quite objective. I dont like the way the Punto looks. Looks like a tight-lipped labrador. The Polo is a handsome german. But expensive.>>>>

Even Swift is not liked by many people. So the looks are totally of personal choice is my feeling.

<<<My house has a massive ramp. The car passed it successfully. And its quite better than most cars>>>

This is what I heard from my colleague also - he was comfortable with speed brakers. I think you should not brake at the last minute on seeing the bump
Old 21st April 2010, 22:40   #2096
Distinguished - BHPian

Tempted to reply My views

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
5 - Which car looks futureproof? Polo, Lancer, OHC.
Will you pay big bucks for looks? If I had the money yes. One white Polo and red Punto pls!!
I dont like the way the Punto looks. Looks like a tight-lipped labrador. - Oouch. I love the Punto but my wife hates it. She says Punto's front looks like a frog.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:35   #2097
mxx
BHPian

Why only 68bhp/160Nm inspite of 1.4L engine? Isnt that too low considering the engine capacity?
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:50   #2098
BHPian

Probably not to provide competition to the existing lineup. Or to focus on F.E.

For City driving, I find it very adequate. I think its overqualified for its job. And thats a good thing.

I also think that this car was envisioned keeping a focus on City driving. Probably all the Sandeep's were city guys. It will also fulfil an occasional highway sprint. Its not a do it all car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Why only 68bhp/160Nm inspite of 1.4L engine? Isnt that too low considering the engine capacity?
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:53   #2099
BHPian

AFAIK - only the Beetle has the evergreen look to it. Lancer seems dated for the past 2 years, though I love its looks too.

Looks - maybe I'd spend for a Mustang look. Only if I were some rich dude with a lottery.
I'd say for me looks matter for 2 weeks. Then its just a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
5 - Which car looks futureproof? Polo, Lancer, OHC.
Will you pay big bucks for looks? If I had the money yes. One white Polo and red Punto pls!!
I dont like the way the Punto looks. Looks like a tight-lipped labrador. - Oouch. I love the Punto but my wife hates it. She says Punto's front looks like a frog.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:33   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
its the same for Fiesta and Ikon,its a tad lower than the other diesel in the same class

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks