Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 09:56   #2056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
What has happened to this thread. It used to be always in the top 5 of the section. Now the enthusiasm has died down it seems. No major updates, discussions for last few days.

Seems all those who have been waiting for delivery of their Figos have got it and are now busy enjoying their cars.

Few Intial ownership threads have also comeup. Unfortunately all of these are are diesel except our beloved 'Black Donkey'which seems to be only Figo 1.2 in TBHP at present.

Am still not sure if buying a Figo Petrol would be a wise decision for me. Ritz appears to be a safer bet.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:20   #2057
BHPian

A question on a/c running:

Is it going to be a problem if I keep the engine idling and run the a/c, say for some 30 mins or so? Apart from FE related issues, will there be any problem related to engine/battery life?

In addition to the above, I have a habit of switching on the a/c as soon as the ignition is on. Does that have an effect on the engine/battery life?

Last edited by sanjayc : 19th April 2010 at 10:22.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:25   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Is it going to be a problem if I keep the engine idling and run the a/c, say for some 30 mins or so? Apart from FE related issues, will there be any problem related to engine/battery life?

In addition to the above, I have a habit of switching on the a/c as soon as the ignition is on. Does that have an effect on the engine/battery life?
Its a good practice not to switch on the AC immediately, drive for atleast 2 kms with the Windows down and then switch it On, just for some fresh air and also not to put load on the engine whilst its cold. Am not an expert at this someone else might have more accurate response.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:06   #2059
BHPian

+1 to that. Put the blower on for a minute or two before switching on the AC. This will flush out the hot air and vent the system. AC will be more efficient subsequently.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:19   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
What has happened to this thread. It used to be always in the top 5 of the section. Now the enthusiasm has died down it seems. No major updates, discussions for last few days.
Ever since this thread was split up by the moderators, I lost some interest in this thread. Reasons?

1. This was one thread that I could earlier check up all discussions on the Figo. Now, there are Figo discussions all over the Forum and it makes it cumbersome for me to scan all Figo threads. At one time, this thread was the most exciting one on the forum and we figo-lovers had touched nearly 2500 posts, until some posts were pushed to another thread.

2. This thread has lost a lot of fizz after mkerala was banned for reasons unknown to us Aam Admi members.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:07   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Its a good practice not to switch on the AC immediately, drive for atleast 2 kms with the Windows down and then switch it On, just for some fresh air and also not to put load on the engine whilst its cold. Am not an expert at this someone else might have more accurate response.
Agreed. Read in some forward that when the plastic heats up in the sun, it releases some toxins. So its better to open the windows, start the car without AC, drive 2KM, let the temperature needle go up a few notches and then switch on the AC and close the windows.

Benefits - the car gets some fresh air and the engine is not under load immediately.

The email I got might be B$ - but I'm used to this routine now for the past 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Ever since this thread was split up by the moderators, I lost some interest in this thread. Reasons?

1. This was one thread that I could earlier check up all discussions on the Figo. Now, there are Figo discussions all over the Forum and it makes it cumbersome for me to scan all Figo threads. At one time, this thread was the most exciting one on the forum and we figo-lovers had touched nearly 2500 posts, until some posts were pushed to another thread.

2. This thread has lost a lot of fizz after mkerala was banned for reasons unknown to us Aam Admi members.
I agree on the thread split. Though it was the practical thing to do, somehow my interest fizzled out. This thread is now without the "masala".

Yeah - mkerala's case is a strange one. Wonder what he did.

Last edited by Brix : 19th April 2010 at 12:15.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:32   #2062
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

scorpio & brix had given the answers. My view is that especially after a city ride, just run the engine for 1 or 2 min around 1500rpm. Then idle (for some time) as per the manufacturer norms and switch off.

@ Brix - have you got your car delivered. I did not view latest ownership threads of Figo. Would have missed yours and hence the question.

I think Ford has corrected their initial mistakes - so no interest in the thread
Old 19th April 2010, 12:34   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Looks like TN is a Ford land. I counted inumerous Figos and Fiestas on TN highways on my trip to Kerala.May be next only to Innovas.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:38   #2064
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes TN has more Ford and Hyundai cars as they are manufactured here as I saw more maruti's in Delhi
Old 19th April 2010, 12:42   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
scorpio & brix had given the answers. My view is that especially after a city ride, just run the engine for 1 or 2 min around 1500rpm. Then idle (for some time) as per the manufacturer norms and switch off.

@ Brix - have you got your car delivered. I did not view latest ownership threads of Figo. Would have missed yours and hence the question.

I think Ford has corrected their initial mistakes - so no interest in the thread
Not yet RGK.

Quote:
Looks like TN is a Ford land. I counted inumerous Figos and Fiestas on TN highways on my trip to Kerala.May be next only to Innovas.
Yeah - I saw 3 in my neighbourhood today. Agast, as I wanted to be the first one to showoff. One black, one silver and one chill.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:43   #2066
BHPian

guys a bit offtopic, whats the best way to remove bird droppings on car? dried ones too
Old 19th April 2010, 13:19   #2067
BANNED

Quote:
guys a bit offtopic, whats the best way to remove bird droppings on car? dried ones too
Water jet! & then wiping with a damp cloth.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:33   #2068
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do not allow for a longer time say - a week. Better to remove as soon as you notice if you want to protect the car
Old 19th April 2010, 13:53   #2069
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang.101 - the rear bumper of the figo looks almost flush fitted to the rear hatch. It does not protrude. Will this affect impact absorption? I have attached a pic of the previous generation fiesta hatch (which the figo is based on) that seems to have an ample rear...

So why the shortened bumpers for the Figo? Was it an effort to reduce length?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-fiesta.jpg  

Old 19th April 2010, 14:06   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
If you let the water soak in the dropping for sometime, they come off easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post

So why the shortened bumpers for the Figo? Was it an effort to reduce length?
There was a tax waiver for cars with less than 4000mm length. Probably the reason. Nice color BTW.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks