Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 18:51   #2161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes ford is aware of it & ford india has terminated the contract with apollo tires & now only goodyear GT3s & MRF tires are coming from the company.

Hey guys, I took a break from all the figo threads & made my fusion ownership thread. Check it out at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rm-report.html
Mustang. That is good news.

Which means Ford accepts that a OEM was at fault and should ideally recall all cars with Apollos and replace them. Hmmmm.
Old 25th April 2010, 19:16   #2162
BHPian

Saw a red Figo today with 15" Momo Alloys and 195/60 R15 Goodyear as footwear. Wondering if the person is there on this forum and how it is fairing out over the stock 14" wheels.
Old 25th April 2010, 20:29   #2163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Which is more FE for both city and highway driving? Is it the Fiat GP or the Ford Figo?? I'm seeing more decent figures for the Fiat GP than the Ford Figo.

IMO, the FGP is more FE than F-Figo. We need to wait and watch though..
Old 25th April 2010, 21:36   #2164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
My friend's Punto MJD for the past 1900+ kms has given an average fuel economy of 19.3 kmpl. I will ask him to post the average fuel consumption image here. I would think that mileage will improve as you pile on the kilometers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
My dad's FGP - EP consistently returns 18 kmpl @ 120-130 kphs and 16.xx in city. Its done around 1400 kms..
Are these figures calculate from full tank to full tank or is it what the dgital display shows? I would really like to know. Coz i never thought a car could do above 800km in city with just one full tank!!!

Quote:
Yes ford is aware of it & ford india has terminated the contract with apollo tires & now only goodyear GT3s & MRF tires are coming from the company.
How will that help the customer? Shouldn't ford come out with a circular to replace all apollo tyres on Figo's or ATLEAST CALL BACK CARS FOR A CHECK!!!
I still have a slight pull to the left. The A.S.S has no info on the apollo issue and they claim its because of the roads. How many Figo owners are members of such forums? How are they supposed to know bout such things? Is it that FORD is unable to figure out which cars were fitted the the apollo's!!!

I'll just share with you my feelings as an owner.
- The dealers have charged me Rs.6980 for the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty. Now when i enquire with them they say there is no 4th year warranty!!! They did not have the courtesy / decency to call me up and refund my money even till now.
- After 1 month i am yet to receive part of the so called "essential pack" and another part is already broken in 2 weeks of use.!!! I thought Ford knew what was "essential"!!
- I have sent a mail for ford customer care stating my concerns. Two days later i receive a mail that the are looking into it and i would soon get a call. Its a week now and i am still waiting for that call.

So things dont seem to be that good. Atleast from the customer care point of view. Good car though. But hey! the Fiat cars are better. The only reason i moved from them is for better response in case of a issue.

Mustang: I would surely like to hear on your take with this.

Last edited by gemithomas : 25th April 2010 at 21:38.
Old 25th April 2010, 22:11   #2165
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Regarding FE of Figo, they are not consistent across owners even in our forum. Ford has to fix this and address initial issues (eg: Gemi, Ebiz). If Ford thinks that they have done the job, I think they have just jumped half of the well..
Old 25th April 2010, 22:20   #2166
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Headers - FGP is definitely a better car but at a higher price. My question is how long will Fiat continue these cars. They have a bad history regarding this. Pl refer my view in the automsn blog
Tour de South India in Fiat - 1 - *MSN India Autos-Features
Old 25th April 2010, 22:27   #2167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Hey - thats my Green on the right.
Hey happy you got your green figo at last. That particular day was an auspicious day and many figos were lined up to be delivered. All colours were there. The CHILL colour was looking really good. Diff from the others!
Old 26th April 2010, 00:39   #2168
Team-BHP Support

Just saw 2 interesting pics here and thought would put them here side by side.

1st pic is the Figo and second is the new WagonR.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo_pedals.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wagonr_pedals.jpg
Old 26th April 2010, 08:16   #2169
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good find vid6639. I think these pics need to be sent to ford management.

Between: Does the Figo come with Drive by Wire? Those accelerator pedals look like that.
Old 26th April 2010, 08:34   #2170
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, But I did not get the message. Are you suggesting of the striking similarities. But I assume most of the footwells will look similar.
Old 26th April 2010, 08:48   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Pardon my ignorance, But I did not get the message. Are you suggesting of the striking similarities. But I assume most of the footwells will look similar.
He's talking about the area where the steering rod goes under the platform.
Old 26th April 2010, 09:03   #2172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Are these figures calculate from full tank to full tank or is it what the dgital display shows? I would really like to know. Coz i never thought a car could do above 800km in city with just one full tank!!!

How will that help the customer? Shouldn't ford come out with a circular to replace all apollo tyres on Figo's or ATLEAST CALL BACK CARS FOR A CHECK!!!
I still have a slight pull to the left. The A.S.S has no info on the apollo issue and they claim its because of the roads. How many Figo owners are members of such forums? How are they supposed to know bout such things? Is it that FORD is unable to figure out which cars were fitted the the apollo's!!!

I'll just share with you my feelings as an owner.
- The dealers have charged me Rs.6980 for the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty. Now when i enquire with them they say there is no 4th year warranty!!! They did not have the courtesy / decency to call me up and refund my money even till now.
- After 1 month i am yet to receive part of the so called "essential pack" and another part is already broken in 2 weeks of use.!!! I thought Ford knew what was "essential"!!
- I have sent a mail for ford customer care stating my concerns. Two days later i receive a mail that the are looking into it and i would soon get a call. Its a week now and i am still waiting for that call.

So things dont seem to be that good. Atleast from the customer care point of view. Good car though. But hey! the Fiat cars are better. The only reason i moved from them is for better response in case of a issue.

Mustang: I would surely like to hear on your take with this.
Gemi, Slight pull is not a problem, Today i drove a figo with those defective apollos & I can assure you that the pull is really really strong.

As far as the termination of the apollo tires contract goes, well the contract has been terminated, not because apollo supplied all defective tires but because they provided some defective tires.

On saturday i met a customer also at harpreet gurgaon, who had come to get his defective apollo's changed & he told me that he never cared about this problem but ford people called him up to tell him that his car had this problem & then he noticed it & then he has come to the service station.

This means that ford is already calling up the figo owners with defective tires & they know who these guuys are & i guess you are not one of them.

Quote:
Thats a good find vid6639. I think these pics need to be sent to ford management.

Between: Does the Figo come with Drive by Wire? Those accelerator pedals look like that.
Yes it come with 'drive by wire'
Old 26th April 2010, 10:07   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He's talking about the area where the steering rod goes under the platform.
Well, that's what I thought, and I guess he was trying to point out the rubber boot used in the Wagon R.

However, that doesn't play any functional role, even dust/grime doesn't matter on that linkage (it's similar to the linkage one can see from the gearbox to the propeller shaft of most real wheel drive vehicles), so the boot is not necessary.
Old 26th April 2010, 10:42   #2174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@ Mustang,
My cousin is awaiting delivery of his Figo. I believe the tire upsize would void any warranty.
Does it void warranty if I change the steel rims to alloy wheels(14") as well?
Quote:
I dont think it voids warranty if you use the alloy wheels of same size & same PCD. You can check out the OEM alloys also, It looks good too & they are not very expensive either.
Guys, what is the PCD for the Ford Figo?
Old 26th April 2010, 10:56   #2175
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Guys, what is the PCD for the Ford Figo?
AFAIK it is 108 for the ford figo, but still should confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks