Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 20:22   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
how much did it cost you to get that done?
Not sure how much a fender job alone would cost. My guess is 2-3K. I had to do a little more than just the fender alone. Call the body shop and speak to an SA. They can tell you approx. how much it would cost on the phone itself.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:30   #2222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
It is a good question from Kadir about the airbags and nothing to laugh about.

Airbags have to be replaced if they get deployed in an accident or accidentally as happens when you hit a speed bumper or big pothole at very high speeds as an example. It can also get deployed in case of faulty circuitry or rust /corrosion of circuitry in high humidity environments. Sometimes it can even get deplyed in slow speed collision if the deceleration is very sudden.

Also airbags need to be inpspected approximately after every 10 years to make sure that they are in working condition and replaced if found to be faulty( In case you retain the vehicle that long).
I agree with the reasons you stated. Whats the probability of that happening? If they were so susceptible to accidental (pun intended) opening when not required, we would be running up huge bills right?

Also, the costs suggested, for replacing airbags, 1.3lacs for skoda and 2lacs for i20, is way out of reach for someone who is going to purchase a Figo. Most will then drive without the airbag and hope the almighty protects them from future collisions! Just trying to keep things in perspective and related to hatchbooks in the price range of Figo.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:36   #2223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
No body replaces airbags. Haven't heard or seen such an instance yet. The cost is high enough to consider the car a total loss. And unless its a faulty mechanism that inflates airbags, its assumed that have been into a serious head on collision warranting tons more repair work and not just airbag replacement. So question on the replacement cost for airbags mostly is left unanswered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
ROFLMAO. I could'nt agree with you better
Not quite guys. Have you seen the photos of a couple of VW Jettas in a covoy banging into each other in Bangalore? I don't think the cars showed so much damage in the front warranting total loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
There is no speed limit as such, There is a deceleration sensor which measures deceleration & if it goes above a certain limit, the airbags deploy. This happens in milliseconds.

Wrong Info, There are no pressure sensors scorpio. Only the accelerometre is present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I checked with some dealers, Airbags are very much replaced. Skoda's cost 1.3 Lakhs and Hyundai i20 around 2 Lakhs.

Sometimes even for a crash of 20KM speed the airbag can open. The sensor at the front calculates and opens the airbag.

The sales guys told like if you hit a wall it will open.
Conflicting views on the Airbags. Can someone please write to Ford and get the correct answer. I'll also send out a mail tomorrow.

If it's the deceleration sensor then would it trigger the Airbag for a 20Kmph crash into a car in front?
Old 29th April 2010, 00:59   #2224
BHPian

I did check with the dealer about the cost of replacement of Airbgs for Figo. Not sure if this is true. Mustang, maybe you can confirm.
Old 29th April 2010, 01:27   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I cant tell you an exact figure from the company side but from what research i am doing & what i am hearing from other company officials , The ratio is 45:55 , petrol:diesel
Thanks, ARAI numbers out for the Figo Diesel yet ??

BTW, you still owe me an answer on the compressor
Old 29th April 2010, 04:35   #2226
BHPian

Guys does the audio system in Figo have a pre- amp out?
Old 29th April 2010, 09:30   #2227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys need your help, in my ownership thread i have posted the dent on the wheel arch, it should be in the last page the pictures.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...orado-red.html

When i asked the service guy he suggested the dent will be removed by heat and the entire front quarter panel be repainted.
Thats crazy for tat dent to do?

Any suggestions?
ehh!! Why dont you just try beating it up with some wood. Its under the wheel arch right? So i think its worth a try. And why should they paint the whole panel? Cant they do a touch up since its not a metallic shade?

But why are they painting the front panel? Isnt that dent at the rear wheel arch??!!
Old 29th April 2010, 09:35   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
ehh!! Why dont you just try beating it up with some wood. Its under the wheel arch right? So i think its worth a try. And why should they paint the whole panel? Cant they do a touch up since its not a metallic shade?

But why are they painting the front panel? Isnt that dent at the rear wheel arch??!!
i am tempted too but dont want to mess around, no the wheel arch in the front left side.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:00   #2229
BHPian

I got the figo and let me tell you it is just awesome..Will post pictures in a while...
Old 29th April 2010, 11:55   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am tempted too but dont want to mess around, no the wheel arch in the front left side.
My getz has similar scratches and dents on the front left fender. The showroom and other body workshops quoted similar amounts in the range of 2500 to 3500. And all of them said that they would need to remove the fender and repaint it altogether to ensure consistency of the color. Not sure if there is a quick fix job that can some money and still keep the look intact.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:20   #2231
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends on the painter's skills. If he is good enough then doing a touch up in that area would do the job without any mess.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:27   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Depends on the painter's skills. If he is good enough then doing a touch up in that area would do the job without any mess.
paint touch up they said they can do it, to remove the dent from the wheel arch is the question they use some kind of a heater and take the dent away which will remove the paint and hence it requires the paint job. I know a guy who does some expert jobs have seen them. might take it or jus leave it as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
My getz has similar scratches and dents on the front left fender. The showroom and other body workshops quoted similar amounts in the range of 2500 to 3500. And all of them said that they would need to remove the fender and repaint it altogether to ensure consistency of the color. Not sure if there is a quick fix job that can some money and still keep the look intact.
Paint is not the issue, infact the paint scratches are on the bumper only, the dent is in the wheel arch, but that is not a great deal of worry. Kind a keep it as a mark to chase those evil eyes

Old 29th April 2010, 15:13   #2233
BHPian

Ford FIGO- updates required from GTO please

Hi GTO,

Just had a TD with one of my friends for the top end TITANIUM version. Here the points of agreement/disagreement:

[quote=GTO;1698325]Other Points:

• Standard warranty = 2 years / 100,000 kms.

• Interestingly, Ford will give Figo customers the option of a 5 year extended service plan. It will cover all consumables & labour for 60 months / 100,000 kms. Branded as the “Ford Scheduled Service Plan”. Note that this plan does not cover wear & tear items (clutch, brake pads), tyres or mechanical / electrical failures.

ADG_ANDY: The ford guys told us that they do not have any 5 year warranty. Extended warranty is 3 years!!! :(

• Fuel tank capacity = 45 liters. Low fuel indicator goes on when distance to empty is less than 80 kms.

• Kerb weights : 1040 (Petrol) and 1090 (Diesel).

• Light controls, chuckable nature and good low end response (either engine) makes the Figo well suited to the city. Turning radius = 4.9 meters.

ADG_ANDY :Turning radius- really cool.

• Doors lock automatically once the speedo crosses 7 kph.

ADG_ANDY : Tested this feature. Really good

• Under an emergency braking condition (at 60 mph / 96 kph and above), the parking lights will automatically start blinking to warn traffic at the back.

• Lane change indicators are useful, especially on the expressway / highway. Simply tap the indicator stalk and the turn indicator blinks 3 - 4 times only. No need to push the indicator back into place after completing your lane change manoeuvre.

• Reason for the chiller air-conditioner = A 154 cc compressor (some hatches use 80 – 90 cc compressors). I did feel that the diesel’s air-conditioner is punchier than the petrols.

ADG_ANDY : A/C is really powerful. We switched off the A/C, let the car warm up and then restarted the A/C. The car cooled(chilled) down in less that 2 minutes!!

• Low stance may make ingress / egress inconvenient to the elderly (relative to tallboy hatchbacks).

ADG_ANDY : ingress/egress is wonderful both for tall and short people.

• Like most other European cars, the front seats have a long travel range. Useful.

• 1.4 TDCi = completely take your foot off the accelerator in 3rd gear, and the car will chug along happily at 22 kph. Slot the car in 4th gear at 40 kph and it still doesn’t labour. No vibrations at all.

ADG_ANDY : gear shift is buttery smooth

• Even though the interiors are all black, it’s certainly not as gloomy as the Beat. Reason? The generous glass area. Even at the back, you have the large windows as well as the quarter glasses bringing light in.

ADG_ANDY : Completely agree to this point.

• Official ARAI fuel efficiency numbers are 15.6 kpl (petrol) and 20.0 kpl (diesel).

ADG_ANDY : the ford guys claim an actual FE of 15 in the city with the air con on. Any updates on this.

• Control stalks (wiper, turn indicator) don’t have a satisfactory feel. Their operation is more rubbery than positive.

• If you shut both the center air-con vents, irrespective of whether the side vents are open or not, they make a whistling sound.

ADG_ANDY : Tested this point. It does not make a whistling sound any more, but a swishing sound. Problem seems to have been rectified- courtesy team-bhp.

• Bluetooth pairing with your cell phone. Can redial, read your phone book and recent calls.

• When I saw the dash colour, I went “What was Ford thinking”? You’d actually have to try to choose a worse colour. The negative impact is 3X when matched to the green exterior shade. Absolute Gujju (Note, I am a Gujarati myself). A single positive of the clay red dash is that there is no dashboard reflection.

ADG_ANDY :The dash is available in black as an option.

@ GTO : We are almost on the verge of finalising the FIGO. Can you give us an idea of the cost of spares/ servicing of FORD?

regards,
ADG_ANDY
Old 29th April 2010, 15:59   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Just went for a test drive of the FIGO. (Both Petrol & Diesel)
Verdict: Impressive.

The fortune ford guys were very prompt and the TD was arranged within half an hour after placing a request on the ford site!
Since every point has been already discussed, here's a break up of the On-road prices in Hyderabad. (assuming 12% life tax. For a second car, the life tax is 14%)

PETROL:
1.2 LXi - 4,20,291
1.2 EXI - 4,57,666
1.2 ZXI - 4,78,690
1.2 Titanium - 5,28,910

Insurance (included in the above price) as for the above models - 10,821 / 11,717 / 12,221 / 13,426.
Service Charges - 5500 (All Variants)
Essential Pack - 2470 (All Variants)
3rd Year extended warranty - 2390 (All Variants)

DIESEL:
1.4 LXi - 5,35,849
1.4 EXI - 5,65,043
1.4 ZXI - 5,93,072
1.4 Titanium - 6,31,613

Insurance (included in the above price) as for the above models - 13,566 / 14,266 / 14,938 / 15,863.
Service Charges - 5500 (All Variants)
Essential Pack - 2470 (All Variants)
3rd Year extended warranty - 3490 (All Variants)

No Corporate discounts, no exchange offers or freebies.
The max offer was the third year extended warranty free.
There is no mention about the 5 years service plan though!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 29th April 2010 at 16:00.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:28   #2235
BHPian

My stereo is suddenly playing in Karaoke mode. Did I accidentally put some setting? How do I bring it back?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks