Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2010, 14:12   #2971
BHPian

I am figo TDCi owner. During the run in period, it was giving about 14 in city (Bangalore). Now I have done 3600 KM - after 1st service done, I am getting nearly 16 in city traffic. So I guess it is improving progressively. Vishnu is getting 18 now after crossing 6K, that's great news ! I am waiting to cross 5K and see if there is further improvement.

PS : My first highway run happened when the car was pretty new. ( Less than 1000 KM on Odo). And it was giving about 16. Never got a chance to go for highway drive after first service. As I am getting about 16 in City, I guess it should be 18 or more for highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Ikon has rubber mountings only, yet it returns the best mileage of the trio. Generally sedans are more stable in highway than hatches and are efficient too(highway), but figo is a different case: the lower FE maybe due to
1) wheelbase: a bit larger than the fiesta
2) gear ratios and final reduction ratio
3) Fuel quality issue : BS IV
4) ECU tune.
Old 18th July 2010, 16:37   #2972
RDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
ok here is the official review of fiesta by team-bhp

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives

it says fiesta d mileage is 14.5 in cities and 18.5 in highway (average figures)

How are these figures when compared to that of Figo's, make Figo's Fe figures "consistently lower"?

It beats me how people jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.
This conclusion has been drawn from multiple posts of this very forum.
Just have a look around many figo owners thread and not just one Fiesta thread, buddy.
Old 18th July 2010, 20:13   #2973
BHPian

I also think the Figo TDCi owners are aiming for unrealistic mileage. Around 15 in city with Ac is what most diesel cars including Fiesta average over a period of time.

My 1.2 petrol gave 12 after the first service and I will be very happy if get 13 average in long run.
Old 18th July 2010, 20:33   #2974
BHPian

The figures that i am getting( around 18) is tank full to tank full. One more thing is the route that i take is not bumper-bumper slow moving traffic. I cover 35 kms in around an hr 1 way drive. So the average speed is around 30 km/hr(will be able to touch 120 on some stretches ). I am happy with my figures since a friend's i10(1.1 ) is getting just under 15 on the same road and he doesn't come till camp road but goes on the byepass which has comparatively lesser traffic.

One more thing is i have started having higher air pressure. 32 in front and 36 in the back because the car will have 4 occupants for 50% of the time. I have not kept track and am not too sure if this is contributing to the slightly higher mileage. The ride is a bit bumpy but the underscraping is lesser now.

The figures are with AC all the time. During the nights/evening the ac control will be in the middle of the blue area.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 18th July 2010 at 20:39.
Old 18th July 2010, 20:44   #2975
BHPian

Yep - I think the running period is very important. The post run ins have mostly reported good mileage. Its consistent with the Fiesta. Considering that the difference between the Figo and Fiesta is only 20KG, it should be at par.

Yes, bumper to bumper traffic plays a big role in mileage. I too drive in off peak hours and that help a lot.
Old 19th July 2010, 07:25   #2976
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
Guys, it has been seen that Figo d is giving consistently lower mileage than Fiesta d. Is it true while comparing with that of Ikon d too, as all these three cats have the same Tdci engine? Could this lower mileage due the rubber mounting of Figo? And by the way, does Ikon have hydraulic mounts too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Ikon has rubber mountings only, yet it returns the best mileage of the trio. Generally sedans are more stable in highway than hatches and are efficient too(highway), but figo is a different case: the lower FE maybe due to
1) wheelbase: a bit larger than the fiesta
2) gear ratios and final reduction ratio
3) Fuel quality issue : BS IV
4) ECU tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
IIRC, you had earlier reported poor mileage. So curious to know what fixed the issue? Has it improved due to the free service/oil change etc, or change in driving style?
I have got 25.8 km/l in pure highway driving in my Figo last saturday. Pl visit FE update in my ownership thread. Driven exactly 80 kmph with 4 adults. Overall including SH,NH and Village road I got around 18/L.
My 1st service will be done this week and able to check the FE next week.

My b-i-l Ikon D -gave exactly 17 from Coimbatore to Chennai with full A/c on constantly driven between 90-100 km two weeks back. Runs on Bridgestone 185R14 - Sports.
I have a strong feeling that you can easily draw 20km/l in Figo on Highways.
As Ramzsys points out , 2,3 & 4 influence a lot in FE performance.
Old 19th July 2010, 09:26   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I have got 25.8 km/l in pure highway driving in my Figo last saturday.
I think thats the record here ! Quite fantastic.
Old 19th July 2010, 10:43   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I think thats the record here ! Quite fantastic.
My figo diesel returned average of 13 in first tankfull. On Subsequent tankfulls it was 14, 15, 13. Went to jaipur on the weekend. After returning home in gurgaon, dte was showing 209 km. Havent got the chance to refuel as i am travelling again from today. But my crude calculations tell me that the average must be around 17 or 18. Distance travelled was around 525 km
Old 19th July 2010, 13:26   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Here is a compilation i had put of mileage figures reported by Figo TDCi Owners on T-Bhp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1922607

(For those who dont want to navigate to another link the average figures of 14 owners are:
City-13.56
Highway-18.26)

And here is one on the long term Fiesta TDCi owners on T-Bhp

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-untitled.jpg

They are quite interestingly similar figures. The dealers have promoted the 20km/l funda so much for the Figo that led to unrealistic expectations from owners.
Old 19th July 2010, 14:14   #2980
BHPian

Is FIGO a SAFE car?

According to Wikipedia -
A Ford Figo lost control and skid into an embankment near Dhapoli Maharashtra wounding the driver and killing three bystanders. Further investigation revealed that the car's brake master cylinder, a crucial piece of a car's braking system, was almost fully rusted. Senior investigators believe that the vehicle was not adequately designed for salty, humid air. The Figo's master cylinder as well as most of the frame is lifted from the previous generation Ford Fiesta which was primarily sold in Europe. Despite the tragity, Ford Motor India has not publicly addressed the issue.

Ford Figo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by mohandas : 19th July 2010 at 14:28.
Old 19th July 2010, 14:27   #2981
BHPian

Mohandas, when did this happen? There wasnt any reports of this *not that I can recall of*. Any pointers here?
Old 19th July 2010, 14:38   #2982
BHPian

re

Mutantx:
I just came across this in wikipedia. I don't have any other link.
Old 19th July 2010, 15:00   #2983
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Mohandas - How far is this info authentic. Definitely an serious issue.
But without knowing the real story of the accident, it is difficult to comment on the vehicle.
Old 19th July 2010, 17:13   #2984
BHPian

Anyone can edit Wikipedia. Is there a news article of the same?

The service center that could not find where a squeak originated, but have concluded so quickly that the brake master cylinder failed?

And I could not find any related articles from Google. Tried a variety of keywords.
Either the wikipedia story is a one man rant or Ford with the powers of CIA has buried the story.

I have generally observed that newspapers do not generally mention the make of a vehicle involved in the accident. This is perhaps to protect the advertisers and also to be fair to include driver mistake. Because bad publicity in a weak economy to a manufacturer is disaster. But atleast it is reported.

Closest link I could find in accidents at Dapoli:
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.as...1613362113a00e

And thats a different vehicle.

Last edited by Brix : 19th July 2010 at 17:19.
Old 19th July 2010, 20:05   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Anyone can edit Wikipedia. Is there a news article of the same?

The service center that could not find where a squeak originated, but have concluded so quickly that the brake master cylinder failed?

And I could not find any related articles from Google. Tried a variety of keywords.
Either the wikipedia story is a one man rant or Ford with the powers of CIA has buried the story.

I have generally observed that newspapers do not generally mention the make of a vehicle involved in the accident. This is perhaps to protect the advertisers and also to be fair to include driver mistake. Because bad publicity in a weak economy to a manufacturer is disaster. But atleast it is reported.

Closest link I could find in accidents at Dapoli:
One dead as drunk driver rams into a car, 2 bikes at Sewri, News - City - Mumbai Mirror

And thats a different vehicle.
Its a different vehicle and also this is a 19th Jan'09 story. Even I couldn't find any references whatsoever to the claim and thus have deleted that portion from the wiki citing missing references. Typically its mandatory for someone who adds a portion to cite valid references without which that portion has no place in the site. Also, looking at the history of the changes in that page by the user, one feels a bit suspicious (my personal opinion though).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks