Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 12:21   #2941
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Figo owners, can you confirm it.
It does. The same would be in almost all vehicles, not just Figo!
Old 13th July 2010, 12:34   #2942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

It does. The same would be in almost all vehicles, not just Figo!
Doc, I guess that should be read as it would be the same in all Ford vehicles. This issue is definitely not there in Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota, Honda and Tata vehicles as they all have seperate levers for the locks and for opening the doors. Don't know about the others, so can't comment on that.

Last edited by longhorn : 13th July 2010 at 12:36.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:40   #2943
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ Longhorn - Yes I raised this to Mustang. As a layman everyone tend to pull the lever as it will not be in the case of other cars where the locks are separate. If all the door opens in Ford vehicles, then it is a major safety threat.
Old 13th July 2010, 16:09   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post

I have seen lot of people mentioning about 45degree inclination in different forums here. It is generally because of the visual illusion that the driver gets a feeling that the slope in front of him is very steep. ie. more than 45degree. But in reality, the slope will be much less than we imagine. As Sajjt said, most of the vehicles cannot climb a 45degree incline. So if your vehicle really climbs a 45degree incline, then it is something Great!
Steap was on a higher side, and it could be my illusion. In that road I could see autos and mopeds were not able to climb. But sorry for I didn't have any valid data that proves the inclination of the road
Old 13th July 2010, 16:50   #2945
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Doc, I guess that should be read as it would be the same in all Ford vehicles. This issue is definitely not there in Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota, Honda and Tata vehicles as they all have seperate levers for the locks and for opening the doors. Don't know about the others, so can't comment on that.
See,
the main issue is that kids would be pulling the door locks open.
The same threat would be there in a Hyundai, or a Maruti or any other car, as today's kids are smarter and would learn how to unlock to door in any car, irrespective of the make.
Adults on the other hand will understand how the system works and will not try to open the door.
Hence, the best place for kids is the backseat, with the child lock on. In cars equipped with Airbags, such as the Figo Titanium, it is even more important for kids to be in the back seat, as the airbags can be deadly for them.

P.S: This system is there on most European cars, like the Mercs and BMWs.
Recently, our E Class got a small dent on the door because of someone opening the door while the car was in motion, while the doors were locked.
It seems that ford is just trying to prepare us for what to expect when we move up the ladder and buy our dream German

@indizen: I have noticed the same in the fiesta too.
Don't worry about it. It takes into consideration how the car is being driven at the moment, and how it was being driven for the past 500kms.
It will change once you log some kms. DTE will not tell you your FE, but it tells you how many more kms you can drive till your tank is empty, based on the way you have been driving, and are driving.
There is a thread on the the forum, and I will look for it and post the details.

EDIT: Here you go - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rds-reply.html

Last edited by lamborghini : 13th July 2010 at 16:56.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:36   #2946
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Yes, you are right. Here the door opening lever by itself is the 'lock' one too! Some other Indian cars do have this type of mechanism.

This type of arrangement is easier to be misused by kids.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:54   #2947
BHPian

Faulty DTE sensor mechanism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
444 for 45 litres is very low. Are you sure that your tank is full. Even after auto cutoff it takes min of 3 to 4 litres. So better check and then take to Ford Service.
The tank is filled to the brim, even after auto cut-off, with a bit of a spill-over as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
well even after 3-4 liters I dont think the figure would cross 500. So beats me! Is it still showing the same figure indigen?
I went to the Ford dealership today.
I was appalled by their casual attitude.
The Service Manager said the DTE means nothing, and customers have been complaining across models, including Fiesta and Fusion.
Nothing needs to be done.
And according to the sales executive, faulty DTE readings are pretty "normal".

It was as if they had no clue about it.
Calculate the fuel efficiency from tank to tank method.
And the DTE feature be damned, this was the message I got from them!

Last edited by Indizen010 : 13th July 2010 at 19:55.
Old 13th July 2010, 20:31   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post

I went to the Ford dealership today.
I was appalled by their casual attitude.
The Service Manager said the DTE means nothing, and customers have been complaining across models, including Fiesta and Fusion.
Nothing needs to be done.
And according to the sales executive, faulty DTE readings are pretty "normal".

It was as if they had no clue about it.
Calculate the fuel efficiency from tank to tank method.
And the DTE feature be damned, this was the message I got from them!

Sorry to know about the ordeal, I think you should write to ford customer care citing this experience!

the first reading (~560) is fine i think it is the system default (at least that is what I observed) but reducing figures are a concern.

How is your mileage? And what is your current ODO reading? Also, have you been observing it during the drive? Are there any abnormal changes?
Old 14th July 2010, 10:29   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Steap was on a higher side, and it could be my illusion. In that road I could see autos and mopeds were not able to climb. But sorry for I didn't have any valid data that proves the inclination of the road
Dude, you cant validate it anyway, may itwas so steep, but it cant be 45 degree angle. As some one challenged earlier, if its a road then how can it be built without a road roller, it wont climb anyway. Could be a perceiving error.

Its a fact that most of the vehicles wont climb with that angle as its not designed for that. period.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:44   #2950
Senior - BHPian

The DTE reading is an approximation only and cannot be used to validate each tankful of fuel.

Try being gentle on your "chamcha" and see the DTE increase to 800+.

No point going to Ford with such issues.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:06   #2951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The DTE reading is an approximation only and cannot be used to validate each tankful of fuel.

Try being gentle on your "chamcha" and see the DTE increase to 800+.

No point going to Ford with such issues.

But doesn't that mean we are inherently assuming that it cannot go wrong?

After all it is just an electronic instrument. The DTE equipment in question is displaying weird figures so no harm in consulting the ford, no?
Old 14th July 2010, 17:46   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
But doesn't that mean we are inherently assuming that it cannot go wrong?

After all it is just an electronic instrument. The DTE equipment in question is displaying weird figures so no harm in consulting the ford, no?
The only issue with which you can attack them is your DTE meter might be faulty. Then it comes under warranty.

Ask them more details about this. It need not be accurate but its got to be reasonable.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:33   #2953
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Recently I saw a Figo - Titanium, some letters are missing in Titanium. Is VFM glue used in Figo?

Last edited by RGK : 14th July 2010 at 18:36.
Old 15th July 2010, 00:46   #2954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Recently I saw a Figo - Titanium, some letters are missing in Titanium. Is VFM glue used in Figo?
Perhaps the same glue manufacturer as the one used Fiat sourced the glue from initially .

On a serious note, it can just be a naughty kid prying it out.
Old 15th July 2010, 01:22   #2955
Senior - BHPian

The DTE on my car is very accurate!
I always tank up to a full talk when DTE reduces to less than 10KM. And I always end up filling 39.5- 40L of fuel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks