Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 11:45   #2866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Well my cousin has a Fusion & My neighbour has a Figo, So I tried to compare them side by side & here are the results:

1) Panel Gaps : Figo has slightly smaller panel gaps
2) Body Parts : Fusion is much stronger & feels Solid
3) Interior Quality: Fusion wins here too especially because of the neat colors & the awesome soft touch dash
4) Interior Fit : Again the Fusion wins
5) Interior Features : More features in the figo
6) Interior Bling : Much more in the figo with the alumunium accents & the red dash

Given a choice between 2 new cars : I would prefer the fusion!

PS - The fusion used in the test is the new fusion with those beige interiors
Considering that the price gap between the two was close 2+ lakhs, would you still buy fusion?

I think that was the crux of the problem with Fusion. Way too overpriced to be really considered as a hatch back.
Old 5th July 2010, 12:10   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

After switching off the engine and locking the car, I see the central locking warning light (lock symbol) flashing continuously. I have not noticed this till yesterday. It blinks every 2 seconds, but the car is locked. While driving there is no flashing. Any idea...
Its the immobilizer at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaranand View Post
Considering that the price gap between the two was close 2+ lakhs, would you still buy fusion?

I think that was the crux of the problem with Fusion. Way too overpriced to be really considered as a hatch back.
Our Fusion costed us just above 6L and we never had a need to extra fit anything in it since it came with almost anything anyone would need. Most of the swifts out there run with larger tyres + alloys + what ever the owner feels is required for him. And if you really look at it most of them would have costed them close to or even above 6L. And the fusion really isnt a hatch. Its more of a station wagon in the shape of a hatch.

Its just an impression of a steep price. Actually you are getting what you pay for unlike where you get less at a lower price and the add on to the cost to make it what you want. All said and done the sales figures show that the indian buyers like the later.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:04   #2868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
What is the consensus on the tire pressure to be kept? Is 32 and 34 fine, with only the driver in the car?
a sticker pasted on the left front door panel says the pressure should be 30 and 30 (front and rear) when unladen and 36 and 41 (front and rear) when laden.

I am running on 33 (front and rear) as I am laden with 2-3 passengers normally.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:07   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Had my few days of fun with the Figo. Drove it in the City, Highway and Hills and I have to say that its fantastic and I am totally sold. The A/C is a chiller, the ride and handling is next only to the mighty Punto, the OEM stereo is better than most out there, the engine might be low on power on paper but out in the real world, its a gem.

TO put it simply, its like wearing you favorite shoe or that jeans of yours, it might not be the most expensive or the best looking around but it works for you and works the best. Lovely lovely car.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 5th July 2010 at 18:08.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:37   #2870
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Had my few days of fun with the Figo. Drove it in the City, Highway and Hills and I have to say that its fantastic and I am totally sold. The A/C is a chiller, the ride and handling is next only to the mighty Punto, the OEM stereo is better than most out there, the engine might be low on power on paper but out in the real world, its a gem.

TO put it simply, its like wearing you favorite shoe or that jeans of yours, it might not be the most expensive or the best looking around but it works for you and works the best. Lovely lovely car.
Absolutely. Are you referring to 1.4, if then in 2nd gear - bit sluggish till the turbo opening, otherwise, TDCi zips.... No regrets so far. A real good car, if Ford takes care of A.S.S then, Figo would easily reach the top spot.

Last edited by RGK : 5th July 2010 at 18:41.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:02   #2871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Absolutely. Are you referring to 1.4, if then in 2nd gear - bit sluggish till the turbo opening, otherwise, TDCi zips.... No regrets so far. A real good car, if Ford takes care of A.S.S then, Figo would easily reach the top spot.
Yes the 1.4 TDCi .
Old 6th July 2010, 18:56   #2872
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
I did see the TMP for Figo and they have 12,24,36 months package with diff rates for KMS.As far as I remember,for 36 months and 30000 kms,it was around Rs 30000.
10,000 rupees for every 10,000 kms? What is it, a Merc? Nope, IIRC the 3 year / 30,000 kms package is priced at Rs. 13,000.

Quote:
Looks like you're sold, Extreme. Do I smell an upgrade? Buying soon?
Old 6th July 2010, 19:05   #2873
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
10,000 rupees for every 10,000 kms? What is it, a Merc? Nope, IIRC the 3 year / 30,000 kms package is priced at Rs. 13,000.
The SMS I got today from my dealer "Sir,Zero exp.upto 2yr or 30,000kms.Minimise cost & get complete peace of mind. Total Maintenance Plan for Figo: 2Yr/30,000kms - Rs 10,480* { for Oil Services + all wear & tear}. Pl call or reply, Limited days only".
Old 6th July 2010, 19:59   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looks like you're sold, Extreme. Do I smell an upgrade? Buying soon?
I am looking at an upgrade and Figo it is all the way until I see a Grande Punto on the road
Old 6th July 2010, 20:27   #2875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at an upgrade and Figo it is all the way until I see a Grande Punto on the road

Wait for the Punto 90Hp pricing to be released. Although it'll be much more expensive that the Figo, I have a hunch that it will still be lower than the i20Crdi. Although I am a fan of the Figo (completely agree with your assessment), if you drive the Punto once, it's hard to come back .
Old 7th July 2010, 11:54   #2876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Although I am a fan of the Figo (completely agree with your assessment), if you drive the Punto once, it's hard to come back .
Very True. For that matter all FIATs have a "something" with them that you dont get at any close price range. I think thats what every one call the "FIAT Soul".

My Figo handles superbly, gives good enough comfort even on slightly bad roads, has loads of space all around for a hatch, and you name what you want a car to do and it would do it good enough. But i always miss that "something"

Last edited by gemithomas : 7th July 2010 at 11:58.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:21   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Very True. For that matter all FIATs have a "something" with them that you dont get at any close price range. I think thats what every one call the "FIAT Soul".

My Figo handles superbly, gives good enough comfort even on slightly bad roads, has loads of space all around for a hatch, and you name what you want a car to do and it would do it good enough. But i always miss that "something"
Well I guess its a question of taste. I did test-drives in this order: Swift, Ritz, i10, Figo, Punto, i20. Punto did not impress me as much as Figo did. Figo has a way of responding to the steering and moving in an agile way, which can only be compared with the erstwhile Zen.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:13   #2878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My SP has just called me up and conveyed the same it is 10480 for 2yrs/20000 and 16000 for 3 year/40000.

And it covers all wear and tear except for tires and accidents

However, I do not see any need for it with third year extended warranty in place and I am not sure if we can opt for this at the end of the third year. My SP told I could, but some one on the forum says it is a limited period offer (if it is, it would be ridiculous on ford's part because for first 2 years you would any how have warranty) May be this makes sense for people with heavy duty usage or people like who do clutch riding
Old 7th July 2010, 14:32   #2879
Senior - BHPian

Attention all Figo owners in non-BSIV cities

("From 1st April, BS-IV fuel will be made mandatory in major 13 cities namely: National Capital Region, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, Kanpur and Agra and the rest of the country will be upgraded to BS-III from BS-II fuel."):

Using your BSIV engine with BSII or BSIII grade fuel may damage it

Poor Fuel May Damage BS-IV Engines – Problem With BS4 Emission Norms Implementation

and people who are wondering if you are getting lower efficiency after fuel upgrade check this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-iv-fuel.html
Old 7th July 2010, 15:27   #2880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Attention all Figo owners in non-BSIV cities

("From 1st April, BS-IV fuel will be made mandatory in major 13 cities namely: National Capital Region, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, Kanpur and Agra and the rest of the country will be upgraded to BS-III from BS-II fuel."):

Using your BSIV engine with BSII or BSIII grade fuel may damage it
Can you post the source of your information. Could you also specify whether this is applicable to petrol or diesel or both? Correct me if I am wrong, but AFAIK, all the Figos sold anywhere in India are BS IV . In that case, i don't think Ford would risk selling BS IV models in cities where only BS II / BS III fuel is available if it would harm the engine.

Last edited by longhorn : 7th July 2010 at 15:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks