Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 16:28   #2731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Can you explain how would headrest be applicable as a safety feature. I always thought it to be a comfort one. Thats why you only find it in more priced cars.

I dont think it has got anything to do with safety at all.
In case of an accident, the neck is one of the weakest links to snap if jerked hard. If you hit something real hard the neck tends to go forward and then backward. the Neck rest prevents it from going backwards hence saves it from snapping you spinal cord.
Its a big safety feature.
Old 17th June 2010, 18:06   #2732
BHPian

Is there a way to put adjustable headrests for the figo? That's the complaint that i have about the Figo back seat other than the lack of power windows
Old 17th June 2010, 18:48   #2733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Had my first accident on the Figo at 3987 kms.

A bike came and hit on the left side just after camp road. gave the bike guy 200 rs since i didn't want the locals to get involved and make the situation into a class war/car vs bike thing etc.Some smart guys were already trying to do it.

The damage to the car includes denting on the wheel arc and denting on the doors. Paint is gone and i am able to see a silver colored (metal or primer) not too sure. My next service is at 10000 which i will reach only in another 3-6 months. Should i wait for the next service to get this fixed? Should i claim insurance for this? I am not sure if there is some kind of no claim bonus for car insurance.
Did you get it repaired? What are the updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post

@gemithomas - Hope you were trying to be funny
Not really funny. But sort of sarcastic i would say.

In a country where a left side OVRM, a day night internal rear view mirror and even a vanity mirror for the co-passenger is considered to be "luxury" (leave alone things like a rear wiper on a hatch back or ABS/Airbag) a manufacturer is actually forced to give more importance to rear visibility of the driver than the safety of the rear passengers. Welcome to India my friend.
Old 18th June 2010, 19:09   #2734
BHPian

The only things missing in the Figo are the rear headrests and may be the front fog lamps on the Titanium version. i dont think the missing rear power windows is a deal breaker. But i absolutely missed those rear headrests when i was sitting in the back of the Figo. They make your journey safer as well as far more comfortable.

Can anyone put up a break up of the charges incurred during the 1st servicing of the Figo TDCI? Will be very helpful. I did check out Joe's thread where he had put up a scanned copy of his bill where he had been charged for labour.
Its just that one of my cousins ,who happens to be a girl, is gonna take her TDCI tomorrow for the 1st servicing. She booked an appointment & was told that it would take 2-3 hours to get it done as they will not be changing anything & just making a inspection/tightening of parts!!! Advised her that Figo requires a oil and filter change. She called up again and when she confronted them saying the manual suggests oil changes they agreed and pretended that they didnt know it was a Figo!!! So am just a bit worried that they might overcharge her. Also isnt the oil change supposed to be free during the free services.
Also does anyone know if they allow people inside the bay when the oil change and filter changes are carried out?

P.S. She will going to Metro Ford, Banagalore

Last edited by coldice4u : 18th June 2010 at 19:14.
Old 19th June 2010, 12:52   #2735
BHPian

@GTO: My concern is about the central locking, as you specifies that it is the door handle only which locks and unlocks, what it means, can a child open the door while it is running or it will open only when the car will come to a hault?

Last edited by ddriver : 19th June 2010 at 12:55.
Old 19th June 2010, 16:18   #2736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Can anyone put up a break up of the charges incurred during the 1st servicing of the Figo TDCI? Will be very helpful.
It cost me around Rs.1200 for oil and oil filter. Some dealers charge you for the windshield washer solution too. But its some 2 digit figure only. They should not charge you for anything else.
Old 19th June 2010, 16:46   #2737
BHPian

DTE Figures

The first time I got the diesel tanked up in my Titanium, the DTE read 561.
The second time it was around 540.
Today I got a reading of 521!

How to explain this?
Old 19th June 2010, 17:26   #2738
BHPian

Test drove diesel Figo 2 days back. Actually this is the 3rd time i was test driving the car. Surprisingly, the sales executive claimed fuel efficiency of 33.76 under test conditions and 27-28 on highway with A/c. I am not able to believe this. Jokingly i asked him if this figure is for 1 litre or for 2 litres. Further, he said that if the fuel efficiency drops, it can be adjusted with some adjustments with "carburettor". Further, the executive was not aware about what is anti-drip wiper. He told me that Ford has used special rubbers for wipers so windscreen is cleaned properly and there are no spots on the screen.

Sharing this experience just for fun. I feel Ford is so busy in making cars that they are just recruiting fresh executives with no training at all. In such case, Ford is sure to lose customers.

This topic can be a subject of a new thread where all can share their experiences with various sales executives. Mods, please shift this post to appropriate section. I have posted it here as it is related to Figo.
Old 19th June 2010, 18:25   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
It cost me around Rs.1200 for oil and oil filter. Some dealers charge you for the windshield washer solution too. But its some 2 digit figure only. They should not charge you for anything else.
Thanks Gemi, will surely let others know what did they charge for the 1st service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant..B View Post
Test drove diesel Figo 2 days back. Actually this is the 3rd time i was test driving the car. Surprisingly, the sales executive claimed fuel efficiency of 33.76 under test conditions and 27-28 on highway with A/c. I am not able to believe this.
27-28 during highway drives is almost impossible going by the figures being quoted. For the approx 600kms the Figo was with me in bangalore, the mileage was ~14. Mostly with city driving and 2-3 trips to the airport.
Old 19th June 2010, 19:00   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
@GTO: My concern is about the central locking, as you specifies that it is the door handle only which locks and unlocks, what it means, can a child open the door while it is running or it will open only when the car will come to a hault?
Unfortunately, the locking / unlocking though easier (as you don't have to look for a separate lock button or knob, is totally unsafe as far children / adults are concerned.

For the rear seats, you can use the child lock, but the front doors are 'openable' at any point of time!
Old 20th June 2010, 11:03   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
The first time I got the diesel tanked up in my Titanium, the DTE read 561.
The second time it was around 540.
Today I got a reading of 521!

How to explain this?
Don't ya worry - It will improve as your driving settles with your car. Mine was initially in the ~550s and after 4th tank full, has gradually increased to ~650s. My FE has improved definitely - my 4th tank full reading gave me 16+ that includes a small 100 kms outing.

Am planning for a long drivre (700+kms) after first service and am confident of clocking 20+ milage on highway for the trip.

Ottherwise - Has anybody experienced problem with half-clutch stopping on a uphill for signal ? I find it tough to keep the revs at 1500rpm, it falls to ~1000rpm and it becomes pain... may be its a common problem with Diesel engines ?

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 20th June 2010 at 11:05.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:23   #2742
RGK
Senior - BHPian

DTE is based on electronic calculations
-engine rpm
-acceleration parameters
-diesel pump inputs
It may vary truly based on driving style and not on the capacity of the diesel left in the fuel tank (this is what I feel - may be wrong). I say this because when I drove in city first time (with half tank diesel inside), the DTE dropped from 365 to 344 after just dropping my daughter in school. I have done only 9km trip. DTE in Figo is approximate about 80%-90%.
In Figo DTE can be taken as warning for refueling and not for exact mileage of the engine
I also hope that I can draw 20km/l on highways at 80kmph, but could not commit on the mileage at 3 digit speeds till I complete 5k kms in the ODO.

<<Ottherwise - Has anybody experienced problem with half-clutch stopping on a uphill for signal ? I find it tough to keep the revs at 1500rpm, it falls to ~1000rpm and it becomes pain... may be its a common problem with Diesel engines>>>

Are you finding it difficult to rev up or automatically the rpm drops - can you be bit clear. Now a days diesels are well tuned and should not have any problem in driving in a slope.

Last edited by RGK : 20th June 2010 at 13:27.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:43   #2743
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification, ownerofazkaban and RGK.
Old 20th June 2010, 15:52   #2744
BHPian

@RGK i have not tried stooping on a half clutch but i have experienced the rev-drop problem on inclines. Happens especially and most frequently on the entrance to our apartment. I would usually take the incline in 2nd but at times i have to slow down when i see kids or people around and i have to downshift. After downshifting i can feel the revs drop for a few secs before picking up again.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:05   #2745
Senior - BHPian

All those who are complaining of low mileage on the Figo TDCi (including me), i guess we should have done our homework well.

Here is the F.E updates of Fiesta TDCi owners from the Long Term section.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-untitled.jpg

So i guess anyone getting more than 14 in city. ENJAY! You guys are getting a Bonus!! And NOW... I'm really going to ENJOY MY DRIVE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks