Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 18:27   #3481
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Can other Figo TDCi owners confirm if the amount paid is what you too had to shell out for the first service?
If you post the breakup then it's easier to see.
Old 29th November 2010, 19:10   #3482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
On the outset 1643 seems to be on higher side, let me check the bill and let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If you post the breakup then it's easier to see.
Hey guys, here is the breakup of the bill

Parts:
Oil filter = 334.42
A/C filter = 160.71
Engine oil = 192.67/Litre x 5 Liters = 963.35

Tax = 182.31

Total = 1,643
Old 29th November 2010, 20:59   #3483
BHPian

My first service in July in Karnataka cost me this much.
The cost of the service was Rs 1313/-
Break up :
Wash fluid pouch - 51.62
Oil filter - 333.33
Engine oil(4ltrs) - 771.56
VAT-156.13

AC filter is extra in yours and they put 4ltrs engine oil for me.

Happy to see break caliper issue settled. Have to do it in 2nd service.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 29th November 2010 at 21:08.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:28   #3484
RGK
Senior - BHPian

yes Deep blue - My first service (really first as I am having lot of services now a days ) was billed around 1230/- . For Jayded the oil was billed for 5 litres which is wrong and even mentioned earlier in the thread by some one.
@Jayded - Get it corrected and reclaim the amount.

Went to SC today and had a test ride with their senior technician. Again confirmed that more noise is coming insde. Got a call in the evening that there are some issues in the Windshield packing - some air is coming inside and even water droplets. Sent the car for bodyshop for detailed analysis. Willl be updating tomorrow.

Last edited by RGK : 29th November 2010 at 21:31.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:35   #3485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

Went to SC today and had a test ride with their senior technician. Again confirmed that more noise is coming insde. Got a call in the evening that there are some issues in the Windshield packing - some air is coming inside and even water droplets. Sent the car for bodyshop for detailed analysis. Willl be updating tomorrow.
Are you saying that the car was not returned on the same day despite the points you had mentioned earlier? How did you manage you commute back home?
Also, let us know how did the SP take your feedback, were they keen to address it or did they just do the denial act saying "All things are fine only saar.."
Old 30th November 2010, 01:02   #3486
BHPian

@ RGK & Deep Blue

Thanks for confirming guys, I too was having a faint idea that the cost would be around 1,300/- for TDCi, while it was around 900/- odd for the Petrol version. But when I asked the SA about this, he was saying 1,600/- is normal.

Are you saying that 5L is a wrong figure? Is it more than the total capacity of the oil tank? Also it seems that you guys didn't have to change the A/C filter. When I checked the service checklist in the manual, the AC filter is marked with an "*", which says below "replace if found damaged". No idea how that would be damaged so early. If it was clogged, could it not have been just cleaned? Any idea if this part has any warranty on it?

Anyways I'm taking my car back tomorrow morning to get the front quarter panel alignment corrected and will ask them to give an explanation.

Last edited by jayded : 30th November 2010 at 01:04.
Old 30th November 2010, 13:57   #3487
BHPian

Jayded, I remember reading in somebody's ownership, engine takes in about 3.8ltrs of oil. Probably engine oil comes in 5ltrs containers. Those fellows must be charging for the whole can.
What were they doing with front quarter panel? Removing the tyre should give enough access to the caliper.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:01   #3488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Jayded, I remember reading in somebody's ownership, engine takes in about 3.8ltrs of oil. Probably engine oil comes in 5ltrs containers. Those fellows must be charging for the whole can.
What were they doing with front quarter panel? Removing the tyre should give enough access to the caliper.
Hi guys, took the car back to the SC to get the fender realigned. They claimed they did not open up since no issues wanted it to be removed. I'm sure it was aligned correctly when I gave it for servicing. Anyways it's now corrected, just needed a forced tap by hand on either side to get it back into the proper position. It looks fine now.

About the oil, I asked the SA to check the quantity of oil billed and asked him to cross check with the bills of other customers who had their servicing done. In fact it was an error. All other bills had engine oil billed for 3.2 Litres while mine was billed for 5. He promised to give me a refund/adjust towards the next service bill. I chose the former, will collect the balance amount in 2-3 days. He told me it was a printing mistake, I would like to believe that. By the way all the bills (about 3-4) shown to me had the A/C filter replaced.

Car is great now, the caliper noise has vanished. Overall it seems to be more responsive now. May be it's the placebo effect right after a servicing, but who cares
Old 30th November 2010, 15:55   #3489
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Are you saying that the car was not returned on the same day despite the points you had mentioned earlier? How did you manage you commute back home?
Also, let us know how did the SP take your feedback, were they keen to address it or did they just do the denial act saying "All things are fine only saar.."
1. No chance of getting same day. The issue was confirmed by them yesterday that some air is coming inside and even water droplets due to poor windshield change done by the body shop. I have raised this issue with Ford and ask them to remove the windshield completely and refit again with OEM sealant without any issues and in a professional manner. So car is presently in body shop. I think it may take a day or two.
2. Since the car is new, I have escalated and updated all the correspondences had with SC's so far to Ford regularly. No they did not deny and accepted that things should be rectified. The body shop did not do a professional job and hence my regular trips to them.
"All things are fine saar" came when I took back the car immediately to the bodyshop next day after the windshield change by the SM. Somehow I could not fight and prove as it was too early. But it has gone (2nd time) to the same body shop again now. Hope they do it better this time.

I commute on my own after dropping the car, and do not want any delay in taking up my work after dropping me. I have told them to take ample time but to complete the job with top quality.

If the issue is completely fixed, let me summarise about the A-S-S experience with ford in detail in my ownership thread.

Last edited by RGK : 30th November 2010 at 15:57.
Old 30th November 2010, 22:54   #3490
Team-BHP Support

I am sorry if this is a repeated question, but was curious about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
The rear wiper switch. I'm sure a lot of first time ford owners will be driving in the night with their rear wipers on.
It is from Joe's ownership thread.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:53   #3491
Senior - BHPian

^^ I am sorry Sheel but I did not get your question. If you are wondering what that statement is about- it speaks about the placement of rear wiper stalk which is where the headlamp stalk is placed generally. So an unsuspecting user may use the rear wiper when he actually wants to use the headlamp, this is more to do with getting used to the car.
Old 3rd December 2010, 00:04   #3492
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the reply Anil, but I think Joe was specific about the 'rear wiper' functioning and not about LHD controls.

Frankly for what ever Car I drove LHD/RHD has never bothered me.
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:16   #3493
Senior - BHPian

^^ i can assure, he was talking about controls only; night or day one does not need rear wiper unless it is raining or the vehicle behind you is pouring water on you
Old 4th December 2010, 21:27   #3494
Team-BHP Support

Due to the irresistible offer doing the rounds, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...th-2010-a.html I thought to book one today, but couldn't as being Saturday, transfer couldn't be done.

The Car is available in green/black/red with coral colored dashboard. Lets see how long the wait turns out to be. Looking for silver/white Titanium TDCi.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th December 2010 at 21:30.
Old 4th December 2010, 21:51   #3495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks for the reply Anil, but I think Joe was specific about the 'rear wiper' functioning and not about LHD controls.

Frankly for what ever Car I drove LHD/RHD has never bothered me.
In most cars, what do you do in order to flash your headlights ? Pull the headlamp stalk towards you - right ? Here if you do the same on the lever on your right hand side (the usual position for the headlight/indicators control stalk on a RHD car), it turns on the rear wiper (because that happens to be the wiper stalk on the Figo).

And you sometimes don't realize that the rear wiper is on till you look in your RVM next. That was the point Joe was trying to make..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks