Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 16:55   #3526
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
NOT AT ALL APPEALING!

It is very unsafe to travel like that. Always travel in the seats and in a well strapped condition. Cars are not rail wagons!
I know friend. Not that I am going to use it in tempo traveller condition all the times! Just that I was curious whether this was feasible or not.

@others: I know it is not safe, and won't be doing it. In fact, I would be sticking to the 'no seatbelts - no ride' rule once I get the car. I was asking out of curiosity, as the rear roof is bit declining, I was rather curious whether a person can sit with cross folded legs on it, that's all.

Hope to have my 'I booked my car' post with Figo booking, now that it is available with discounts.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:58   #3527
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Bass Noise in my engine

Started getting a different type of noise (more bass in the engine sound like exhaust leak) in my engine after the replacement of injector in it.

Ford Service centre claimed that due to different quality of fuel (diesel) available, the engine noise may differ. I could not understand how and why... They tried to convince me that the noise difference is due to the fuel.

Just I was trying to find anything loose inside the bonnet and found the air duct was not at all fixed into the inlet manifold of the engine. I fixed it and also pressed some hanging tubes in its clips correctly. The bass sound is arrested now.

Ford's quality of service is only on paper I think....and also still no direct response from Ford....

Last edited by RGK : 13th December 2010 at 18:00.
Old 14th December 2010, 11:59   #3528
BHPian

Test drove the Figo 1.4 titanium yesterday. The car literally flies but I found it a tad lower than usual. I'm 6'2 and I had to push back the seat to make myself comfortable but the funny part is i almost reach the B pillar doing so. Was reminded of my zen which we had a decade ago.

I'm being offered the titanium at 6.34 less insurance (20k) = 6.14 on road + 3rd year warranty free + seat covers free. Seems a good deal but I'm confused again between the swift and the titanium only from a seating perspective.
Old 14th December 2010, 13:54   #3529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
Test drove the Figo 1.4 titanium yesterday. The car literally flies but I found it a tad lower than usual. I'm 6'2 and I had to push back the seat to make myself comfortable but the funny part is i almost reach the B pillar doing so. Was reminded of my zen which we had a decade ago.

I'm being offered the titanium at 6.34 less insurance (20k) = 6.14 on road + 3rd year warranty free + seat covers free. Seems a good deal but I'm confused again between the swift and the titanium only from a seating perspective.

I am 6 feet, I own a TDCi titanium since 6 months. I never faced any issue with seating per se; but I do find it a bit awkward to get in and out of the car (due to the low stance), however this should not effect the seating comfort at least when compared to swift ( did you check how it is in swift?)

Titanium comes with ABS, Airbags and inbuilt music system; unless you want to change the music system (and throw away the OEM one) and dont really bother about the missing safety fatures in Swift that you get with Figo for same price, why would you want to buy a skeleton swift?
Old 14th December 2010, 15:14   #3530
Team-BHP Support

I am going for one because of better dynamics and that steering.

90HP had me floored, but I had to pay 1L more.
Old 14th December 2010, 23:53   #3531
Senior - BHPian

Got seat covers and fog lamps today. Cost me 14013/- ~8K for the seat covers and ~4.5K for fog lamps. Surprised at the Rs.1000/- for labor. Also got sun films. Autographix. was quoted 2.8K for Gareware classic, 3.2K for Autographix and 4K for 3M. but with black available only in autographix. Has anyone else used this brand? No reviews anywhere.
One problem, after seat covers, rear seat does not click into place. any suggestions?
Old 15th December 2010, 07:29   #3532
BHPian

saw a thread on the vw polo and though it was never on my list, the black polo pictures had me drooling so i called up KSM VW dealer in Nerul and he was at my office gate in 20. The car is equally low in stance but there is something about it when one sits in. I felt it nice and cosy and when i TD it, the feel of the steering and the overall excitement was much more than when i drove the Figo. Mind you, i drove the 1.2, 3 cylinder petrol version as that was available for 5.6 on road (comfortline) and was my alternative over the swift vxi.

Alas, saw the news of the petrol hike last night and now am back to the confusion table.

To my mind, while I do not find anything fundamentally wrong with the figo, i somehow felt that it wasn't strongly built. Like the guy demonstrating the foldable seats just pressed a button and the seats came down. Bang! and i thought "looks like they've just put in 4 seats and a steering wheel on 4 tyres". Not literally but i didn't get the comfort that the polo gave me. I could be wrong or just my perception. Dunno.

will call the figo guy again today for a TD.
Old 15th December 2010, 08:54   #3533
Senior - BHPian

^^ mate are you speaking your mind out or sharing your experience or seeking our advice? We too are confused now LOL!

BTW never drove a polo, but it sure looks a good car, go ahead if your heart says so. You seem to have not satisfied with Figo, then why buying it half heartedly? That said, confusion between petrol and diesel is something you can definitely get away with, by a few calculations. All the best for your purchase!

Last edited by anilisanil : 15th December 2010 at 08:57.
Old 15th December 2010, 09:05   #3534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^ mate are you speaking your mind out or sharing your experience or seeking our advice? We too are confused now LOL!

BTW never drove a polo, but it sure looks a good car, go ahead if your heart says so. You seem to have not satisfied with Figo, then why buying it half heartedly? That said, confusion between petrol and diesel is something you can definitely get away with, by a few calculations. All the best for your purchase!
If you want to buy polo comfortline i think it should cost around 6.7L but Figo Exi is around 4.7L only. Drastic price difference isn't it. I personally feel that Figo is worth for the price paid. If not Figo try out with Ritz which is a lot more peppier with jaw dropping discount of 25K this year end.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:36   #3535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
saw a thread on the vw polo and though it was never on my list, the black polo pictures had me drooling so i called up KSM VW dealer in Nerul and he was at my office gate in 20. The car is equally low in stance but there is something about it when one sits in. I felt it nice and cosy and when i TD it, the feel of the steering and the overall excitement was much more than when i drove the Figo. Mind you, i drove the 1.2, 3 cylinder petrol version as that was available for 5.6 on road (comfortline) and was my alternative over the swift vxi.

Alas, saw the news of the petrol hike last night and now am back to the confusion table.

To my mind, while I do not find anything fundamentally wrong with the figo, i somehow felt that it wasn't strongly built. Like the guy demonstrating the foldable seats just pressed a button and the seats came down. Bang! and i thought "looks like they've just put in 4 seats and a steering wheel on 4 tyres". Not literally but i didn't get the comfort that the polo gave me. I could be wrong or just my perception. Dunno.

will call the figo guy again today for a TD.
Welcome to the confused state of a hatch buyer
Drive the i20 and Punto to further elevate your confusion, been there, done that.
Polo is indeed a great car. It surely feels awesome inside, the quality of the plastics, the fit and finish etc are way ahead than that of the Figo. Basically you feel more rich inside a Polo than in a Figo
Handling wise I would say they are almost identical with more steering feedback from the Figo.
Space wise, Figo is better, especially rear seats
Ride quality is much better in the Polo, feels more composed over rough patches

When you said you found the polo more exciting I am not sure if you are comparing it with the petrol Figo, but if it's the TDCi you are talking about, I have a different opinion myself.

But If you are happy with the Polo after the TD, i would suggest you follow your heart, especially if you are OK with the 5-6 months (?) waiting period.

Do let us know how things unfold. Cheers!!
Old 15th December 2010, 14:39   #3536
BHPian

As suggested by a fellow T-BHPian, pasting my comments on this thread.
I had almost zeroed in on the FIGO but thinking about backing off from booking it due to the below issues which were highlighted on a few discussion forums.
1. No front bumper – A slight frontal impact damages the radiator. Don’t know whether fitting an extra accessory frontal bumper (like the ones a few Swift’s and i10 have) will solve this problem.
2. Worries about Figo’s safety information is not available anywhere. Ritz has an NCAP safety rating of 4/5 but no idea about Figo. Not sure if Ford has heavily compromised on the structural and functional quality of the car in order to cut costs.
3. Paint falling off – Yes its true, many owners have said the paint just falls off leaving behind dark gaps.
4. Tyres too weak or getting damaged within 2-3 months
5. GC problems.

Have any of the Figo owners so far faced such problems? I am really impressed but the Figo otherwise.
Guys, please help me make the right choice. This is my first car in India aftre 4 years.
Old 15th December 2010, 15:25   #3537
Senior - BHPian

WOW! Where did you find so much information? My replies inline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
As suggested by a fellow T-BHPian, pasting my comments on this thread.
I had almost zeroed in on the FIGO but thinking about backing off from booking it due to the below issues which were highlighted on a few discussion forums.
1. No front bumper – A slight frontal impact damages the radiator. Don’t know whether fitting an extra accessory frontal bumper (like the ones a few Swift’s and i10 have) will solve this problem.
Front bumper does not exist- so what? I have not faced any problem so far and I dont intend to bump into other cars every now and then and if I did, I have insurance so this is not an issue for me. I am not too sure how others consider it, but none of the owners I know have this as a problem!

Quote:

2. Worries about Figo’s safety information is not available anywhere. Ritz has an NCAP safety rating of 4/5 but no idea about Figo. Not sure if Ford has heavily compromised on the structural and functional quality of the car in order to cut costs.
Not sure about the NCAP, so cannot comment. If you have doubts don't go ahead. titanium model though has air bags and ABS, so I feel safe in my car.

Quote:
3. Paint falling off – Yes its true, many owners have said the paint just falls off leaving behind dark gaps.
Never faced this and heard from only own owner saying so.

Quote:
this is a joke, please tell me it is. No, really are you serious? Who planted this in you? How do you mean "weak" tyres?

Quote:
5. GC problems.
I live in pune, my car never scraped anything so far. But people in South India face problems because of improper humps. But the car has been structurally designed to take these scrapes.
Old 15th December 2010, 15:43   #3538
Senior - BHPian

Snazzy

My figo is about 9 months old now. Most of the so called issues listed by you are bogus.

Yest he front bumper is very close to the Radiator/condenser.

Yes many have complained about the GC problems but here in Bangalore I havnt scraped anything.

Quote:
LOL Tyres too weak? But thats the biggest baloney I have ever heard.
Old 15th December 2010, 15:57   #3539
BHPian

Anilisanil, Captain Slow, Thanks for your comments.
All these comments can be found on Facebook where Ford Figo has initiated a discussion forum. Many people seem to be complaining there about something or the other.

And for the tyres, on the same forum, 2 people have complained that their Apollo tyres burst within the first 2 months. Dont ask me how this is possible. Beats me too.

I personally like the the Figo a lot and am really disspointed by such comments. If I would not have read these comments, I would have booked one by now.
What do you guys suggest? Should I or should I not? Please help.
Old 15th December 2010, 16:07   #3540
Senior - BHPian

Snazzy, what is your worry?

First things first, there is not a perfect car, not yet. Figo is a good car and the problems you have mentioned or either bogus or just one off cases.

I can tell you go ahead and buy the car but that is not the point. We can tell you what the car is and what it is not, the ultimate decision to buy is with you.

If I were you, rationalizing things, if the above issues are the only things bothering. I would buy a car after checking that the paint is in tact, that does not have appolos, that has ABS and air bags and I would drive safe. If I were you, I would not worry on unnecessary things, but that is just me.

Figo is a good car, that does everything you expect to do it in an above average manner. It has its share of flaws (which all the cars in its segment have) but they are not show stopper for me.

As per the facebook comments, any one can comment there, can't they? Today I can go and post " My diesel engine burst off in middle of journey and a lot of blood came out of it". The ford figo facebook page would still host. So it is for us to evaulate

Cheers!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks