Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2022, 23:15   #11026
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Figo in Paprika Red

I bought my Figo 1.4tdci Paprika Red right before the 2nd Gen launch.
I have never been able to spot a car in the same color!
Even a friend asked me if I had got the car painted! This particular variant had gunmetal grey alloys and electronically adjustable ORVMs too! Would love to know if there is another one pottering around the roads of India.
Attaching a photo for reference
Attachment 2256336
Getting the go-kart a wash, she looks beautiful in this red, I personally find this second to the Ferrari red.
KI07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 14:02   #11027
BHPian

I'm facing a random issue with the factory fitted radio in our 2012 Figo
. The display is not switching on and is erratic most of the time. Suddenly after sometime, be it 15 mins or 2 hours, the display starts working properly and stops working again after a few minutes.The audio, radio, Bluetooth are working well. Sadly, I can't check which channel of radio I'm listening to, or, do anything that needs a display like adding a new phone etc. Checked with the Ford ASC and they suggested that they need to send it to the factory in Chennai to get it checked. This was before the Ford exit announcement.

Anyone faced this issue before? Or anything I can do to check the issue?
Old 7th February 2022, 12:15   #11028
BHPian

I belong to the 1st Gen FIGO owners, to be precise 24th April 2010. I still remember that day clearly where my journey with this fabulous piece machinery would begin. Its going to be 12 years this April and the journey appears to have just begun. I have practically not found any reason to change this car. Got it serviced yesterday and here it is in all of its beauty! It still handles like a charm and smells like it came out of the factory yesterday!
Attached Images

sumathindra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 17:18   #11029
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I belong to the 1st Gen FIGO owners, to be precise 24th April 2010. I still remember that day clearly where my journey with this fabulous piece machinery would begin. Its going to be 12 years this April and the journey appears to have just begun. I have practically not found any reason to change this car. Got it serviced yesterday and here it is in all of its beauty! It still handles like a charm and smells like it came out of the factory yesterday!
Wonderful!
Even my Figo is from the first gen batch (Feb 2011 to be precise). Whole heartedly echo your sentiments. Figo is a small wonder. Small car with a BIG heart. The basics in the car are well sorted. Only fly in the ointment is the quality of various components used for cost cutting purpose. Though the prices are not much for the spares, FASS tries to replace instead of repair. And when ever there is a part replacement, the factory fitting is gone. Any how enough of rant. after 11 years, i am at peace with the way things are.

Since we got the car just before my daughter's birth ( I am a biker than a car person), my daughter doesn't allow me to sell the car at all. when ever the selling topic comes, she veto's the decision and I end up spending on up keep of Figo. Original clutch lasted 1.2 lac kms. consistent FE of 17+, enough space for occupants and luggage, Amazing road manners are some of the key differentiators amongst its peers.

Except for 4-5 months in the ownership, have used seat cover throughout. In between, had removed the seat covers and the seat fabric was as fresh as new. Kept it like that for couple of months and had to put the seat covers again as my daughters keep spilling something or the other on seat and don't want to get it dirty. When I sell it ( mostly to T-BHP members or friends), I want to see the expression on the buyers face when they see the seats and interior as good as brand new .

1.5 months back got the clutch replaced. After that facing jerk while changing gears. There is a 'THUD' half way when releasing the clutch. FASS said 2nd and 4th injectors are having problem causing the jerk. I asked them to remove and give me the injectors, so that I can get it checked outside. But they denied. I checked with bosch service station near konanakunte cross (Bengaluru) and they agreed to get remove the injectors. So today, got the injectors removed and have given them to Hema diesels ( yeshwantpur) for inspection and repair. Hema diesels have quoted 1k per injectors. After checking, if additional repairs or replacements are there, they will inform by tomorrow. Initial actuator check came green for all the four injectors ( reading between 3.9 - 4 ). They said that original continental nozzle is 6.5k if needs replacement. Lets see how it goes.

Pic of injectors below,
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-injectors.jpg  

Old 11th February 2022, 20:45   #11030
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Lets see how it goes.
Quoting my previous post for continuity.
Got the car back today from Bosch service. Old injectors were given to Hema diesel on Tuesday. By evening got a call from them on the test report. 3 out of 4 injectors were not working after cleaning and service. they needed nozzle replacement. And I was suggested to change nozzle for the 4th injector as well as it has aged and might show problems later. 3 new and 1 old was not a good idea. One original continental nozzle was quoted 6.5k. So 4 nozzles costed me 26k. In total, paid 30k ( nozzles - 26k + service - 4k ) to Hema diesels.

Collected the injectors next day and handed them over to Bosch service. They took 2 days to fit back the injectors and do a test run. Delay was attributed to air leak and injectors needed to be removed and fit back again few times. I was doubting the competency of their mechanics and worried if I made the right decision in going to them. Friday afternoon, they said the car is ready. Total cost was 2.5k for injector removal and refit. Is this fair price?

Now coming to surprise part, without my permission, they did car wash costing 500 Rs. While doing it, they have damaged a sealed 5 litre groundnut oil can ( organic - cold pressed) which I had kept in boot. almost 2.5 ltr oil had spilled and collected in the boot. They kept the can in a carton box, put it in a plastic cover and silently kept it in boot. When I was given the bill, I didn't even challenge the car wash and paid 3k and took my car home. After parking, I put my hands in the boot to take out luggage and realized what a mess they had made. I was literally mad. went back to them and showed the service advisor (Mohan) what they have done. He started defending saying he cant help, such things happen, he forgot to inform me etc. I was literally pissed off as he was not owning his fault of hiding the fact from customer. Gave him a earful. Another service advisor asked sorry and got the car boot cleaned with soap solution. I was curious, if they would do the same if they had spilled the oil in BMW's and Audi's they service there. Mistakes to happen, but one has the courage to own and accept their mistakes. totally unwarranted incident. Spoiled my mood for the rest of the day .

I will observe the car performance for few days. The jerk and thud feel when changing gears is gone now. Attaching the pics of repaired injectors and the oil spilled boot. Thanks for reading.

Drive safe
HTC
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20220209_121225.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20220211_193231.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20220211_144315.jpg  

HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:00   #11031
BHPian

Facing a peculiar issue. My 2011 Figo music system is not turning on. The buttons glow up upon turning the key to ignition even without turning on the parking lamps. This was not the case earlier But the on off button does not do anything. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue.
Old 18th May 2022, 17:02   #11032
BHPian

My 2012 Figo TDCi went in for 1L service with FASS yesterday. No issues to report but, SA told me the coolant tank was empty. He topped up and ran for few kms but could not find any leakage. As of now, he is returning it with coolant topped up.

Any idea what could be the problem?
Old 20th May 2022, 09:14   #11033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
My 2012 Figo TDCi went in for 1L service with FASS yesterday. No issues to report but, SA told me the coolant tank was empty. He topped up and ran for few kms but could not find any leakage. As of now, he is returning it with coolant topped up.

Any idea what could be the problem?
Chances are it will empty again. Better to get it checked from a FNG and get the radiator cleaned if it hasn't been done.
tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 19:55   #11034
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Ford or Motorcraft Power ESW-M2C33-F Power steering fluid

Can someone point me to where I can source it from at reasonable price ?
(amazon.in has it priced 3375 for 1 quart (946ml) ).
I am also not sure the quantity I need to buy, for use in Ford 1.4 TDCI old figo as power steering fluid.

I am also seeing the same thing sold by Castrol as Transmax Type F.
In fact, any "Type-F" transmission fluid should suffice, I think.

Kindly help.
Old 14th July 2022, 13:57   #11035
HTC
BANNED

My 2011 diesel Figo is acting up lately.

Car usage is pretty low. These days, car is used for small city errands within 5-10 kms range. When I turn the ignition key ON, it takes very long crank and then starts. This is on cold starts ( first start of the day). Yesterday, when I tried to start, it took long crank but didn't start. After that, any attempt to start was unsuccessful without even cranking. It is as if nothing is happening. I put the instrument cluster in diagnostic mode and checked the battery reading. It was having around 11+ reading. Then I tried after 20 mins and car started ( still long crank to start). After starting, battery reading went to 14+ which means the battery is not the culprit.

I had faced similar issue last year and had even given my car to FASS for 2-3 days observation. But they said they were not able to recreate the issue and gave back the car. I suspect glow plug is giving up or fuel pump might have issues. If glow plug goes bad, it should show error on cluster. which is not the case now. I will try to record a video for better understanding and share here.

Till then, happy to hear suggestions or root cause if any of the members have faced similar issue. Any contact information of expert Ford mech around south Bengaluru would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Drive Safe and have fun,
HTC
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 14:18   #11036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My 2011 diesel Figo is acting up lately.
I feel the glow plugs are weak. Weak glow plugs do not throw any error on the console.

Try this. Once the glow plug symbol disappears , do not crank. Instead turn off the ignition and bring it to ACC mode where the glow plug symbol will glow again and turn off. Repeat this on off cycle on the glowplug for 7-8 times and then crank the engine. If the crank is successful then it is 100% glow up issue.

One other question, after the car is warmed up, does it crank instantly. If yes, then mostly glow up. If no, then there can be other causes.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 14th July 2022 at 14:38.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:22   #11037
kkg
BHPian

How old is your battery?

If it's more than 2.5-3 years old,then I guess only battery is the issue you have.

I had changed my batteries twice in my Gen-1 Figo and the symptoms were the same as you have mentioned and both the old batteries lasted till 3rd year.
Old 14th July 2022, 23:16   #11038
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I feel the glow plugs are weak. Weak glow plugs do not throw any error on the console.

Try this. Once the glow plug symbol disappears ....

One other question, after the car is warmed up, does it crank instantly. If yes, then mostly glow up. If no, then there can be other causes.
@Sagar,
Thanks for the inputs. I will try the steps you shared to check if it is glow plug issue or not.

To answer your question, car starts normally once it is warmed up. Only during cold starts is when this issue crops up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
How old is your battery?

If it's more than 2.5-3 years old,then I guess only battery is the issue you have.

I had changed my batteries twice in my Gen-1 Figo and the symptoms were the same as you have mentioned and both the old batteries lasted till 3rd year.
@kkg,
I need to check the battery purchase date. Could be nearing 3 years. Will verify once. Thanks for the response.
Old 15th July 2022, 16:33   #11039
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Sagar,
Thanks for the inputs. I will try the steps you shared to check if it is glow plug issue or not.

To answer your question, car starts normally once it is warmed up. Only during cold starts is when this issue crops up.
Then it is mostly the glow plugs. One or more glow plugs is weak. Change all 4 glow plugs even if one or two is weak.

Try the glow plug cycling way to double confirm the problem
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 15:19   #11040
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
@Sagar,
Update:

I tried these steps today morning. Had to take my kid to doctor. Sat in the car. put the keys in ON mode. waited for 8 beeps to happen. Then instead of cranking the engine, brought it to OFF. Did this 5-6 times. My wife started staring at my face wondering what has happened to me. She even asked if the car is not starting lolz. To avoid any further untoward incident and save myself from explaining how glow plug works, I cranked the engine and it still took some time to start. But as long crank like yesterday.

Will get the glowplugs checked soon. Last time I got the glow plug error, I had replaced them and the cost was around 5k. Is it common for glowplugs to conk off so often? just curious.

Eying Scorpion N 4x4 as Figo would be relegated to inter city duty. Hope to get the Scprpion booking in first 25k numbers. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,
HTC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks