Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 22:37   #10966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Recently serviced my Figo TDCi with Ford ASS. 90000kms servicing.
Power steering hose was leaking which was replaced. Rs 6500. Gear cable replaced Rs 800.
Service advisor said work needs to be done on gear box mount and front suspension as there is slight noise. But as he said it can be delayed, so will see in next servicing. I have always serviced it with Ford. However no one has advised me to replace timing belt.
Even my daughter's Figo tdci will complete 8 years next month, and has munched over 80200 kms. Nobody told us to change the timing belt, but i think i will do it next year when the service is carried out around June.

The gear box mounting bush seems to be hogwash. FASS kept suggesting that I change it over the past 4 years, but i have not done it so far. I've not faced any issue with the gears so far--no vibrations or sounds that could be caused by it.
Old 12th September 2020, 17:58   #10967
BHPian

My car has had a under carriage hit and the gearbox body / bed is damaged (broken off to be precise? / sheared off). Yet to take the car for repair as the battery is dead as well (could not take it because of lockdown + work kept me held up.. and car was not really needed all this while).

It is a Figo 1.4 TDCi model from 2013. Attached is picture of the damage, taken from under the car.

Wanted to know how much does the gearbox bed/body cost? Any other tips on how to get this fixed?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20200912_133241.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 13th September 2020 at 05:29. Reason: Minor typo
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 13:10   #10968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
My car has had a under carriage hit and the gearbox body / bed is damaged (broken off to be precise? / sheared off)......Wanted to know how much does the gearbox bed/body cost? Any other tips on how to get this fixed?
My cousin took it some place (to his known mechanic contact) and got it fixed. I don't have details of what was all done, but the car now rides extremely well. Much better than how the car used to feel when it is fresh out of service (with oil change etc). Have decided to stick to my cousin to get any car work done in the future
Old 29th September 2020, 11:18   #10969
BHPian

Hi All, seeking opinion on what could be possible reasons for engine vibrations. I drive a 2012 November Figo, done 1.17 Lakh so far. Recently at idling particularly at traffic signals, there is a pretty strong vibration coming from engine which is really felt inside the cabin. It usually comes after running a few kilometers and with AC on it is a bit on the higher side. Without AC also I have noticed the vibrations albeit a little low in intensity. The vibrations last a few seconds, then returns after 10 seconds or so. At running engine behaves fine.

Could this be due to any timing belt related issues as it is close to the timeline of getting replaced?

Thanks.

Last edited by ask_017 : 29th September 2020 at 11:24. Reason: Adding more details.
Old 29th September 2020, 13:19   #10970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
Hi All, seeking opinion on what could be possible reasons for engine vibrations. I drive a 2012 November Figo, done 1.17 Lakh so far. Recently at idling particularly at traffic signals, there is a pretty strong vibration coming from engine which is really felt inside the cabin. It usually comes after running a few kilometers and with AC on it is a bit on the higher side. Without AC also I have noticed the vibrations albeit a little low in intensity. The vibrations last a few seconds, then returns after 10 seconds or so. At running engine behaves fine.

Could this be due to any timing belt related issues as it is close to the timeline of getting replaced?

Thanks.

I suspect one of the engine/transmission mounts may have gotten worn out.
SVC/FNG mechanics may refer to this as engine/gearbox bedding.

In case of timing belt, if you say it's nearing its EOL, best to change it as well.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 13:57   #10971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
I suspect one of the engine/transmission mounts may have gotten worn out.
SVC/FNG mechanics may refer to this as engine/gearbox bedding.

In case of timing belt, if you say it's nearing its EOL, best to change it as well.
Thanks for the input sir. Surely immediate priority will be to check on mounts as well as replacement of timing belt.
ask_017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 11:40   #10972
BHPian

My 2013 Figo (Petrol) is due for a suspension overhaul. Mileage is currently at 73K.

There was some noise from the front suspension and I took it to a FNG nearby. He drove the car for 5 min, put it up on a lift and said that both the from suspension and stabilizer bars need to be changed, along with their bushes.

Estimate was close to 10K. Here's the split up:
- Front shockers 1800 X 2
- Front shocker bushes 960 X 2
- Balancer link rod/Stabilizer link 1000 X 2
- Balancer / Stabilizer bushes 350 X 2
- Labour 1800

I was checking Boodmo for these parts and found Ford's OEM stabilizer link rod for 1000 rupees.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-screenshot-20201008-11.28.46-am.png

There was a cheaper option from Rane.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-screenshot-20201008-11.29.14-am.png

Questions / Doubts:

- Is this part from Rane really compatible? It says yes under the vehicle compatibility section, and they look very similar to the OEM one.
- Have any of the forum members gone with such aftermarket parts. If so, how was your experience?
- Rane is a reputed company I agree. Can their parts be as trustworthy as Ford's OEM parts?
- Regarding the front shock absorbers and bushes, have any of you gone for aftermarket brands?
- For the Boodmo experts out there - I'm unable to locate the compatible shock absorbers/bushes. Please help if you can.

I love the Figo for its mechanical purity and brilliant chassis. I intend to keep the car for at least the next 7 years, if not more.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 13:19   #10973
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_017 View Post
Thanks for the input sir. Surely immediate priority will be to check on mounts as well as replacement of timing belt.
If mounts ( engine and gear bedding) are worn out, shudder is more prominant when you turnoff the engine.

Also get the injectors checked. This also leads to tic tic sound and rough engine sometimes.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 13:23   #10974
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
I love the Figo for its mechanical purity and brilliant chassis. I intend to keep the car for at least the next 7 years, if not more.
Same feeling here .

Since you intend to keep the car for long, get these from ford service center and ask you FNG to fix them. Wont be much of cost difference.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 14:43   #10975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
I was checking Boodmo for these parts and found Ford's OEM stabilizer link rod for 1000 rupees.
There was a cheaper option from Rane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Since you intend to keep the car for long, get these from ford service center and ask you FNG to fix them. Wont be much of cost difference.

+1 to what HTC has suggested, since you're planning on retaining the car for a long period. I too would suggest taking the OEM part route. Both will work fine, but where the difference may lie is for eg. while the OEM part might be good for 5 years, the aftermarket one may only be good for 1 or 2. That's quite a big difference in price.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 21:08   #10976
BHPian

Service update: After visiting almost 4 FNGs and not feeling confident about any of them, I decided to play it safe and visited the ASC few weeks ago. The experience was simply brilliant.

Drop- Reached Fortune Ford, RTC X Roads at 9 AM. Incidentally, I had the company of two other Figos in the same color.
Quickly went with the service advisor for a short test drive, followed by an underbody inspection.

First, the good news - 'Let's just replace the stabilizer link rods and check for noise. Let's think of changing the front shockers at that point, if needed.'
Guess what the FNGs told me earlier 'Saar all 4 shockers need to be replaced.' In fact, one of them had the audacity to say even the springs and mounts need to be replaced.

Now, the bad news - 'Both the A and B engine mounts are gone. Need to replace them.' I didn't anticipate that one. The service advisor said that NVH was on the higher side; but I wasn't too convinced. But I decided to bite the bullet and asked them to go for it.

Parts changed, with approximate costing-
Front Stabilizer link rods - 2000
Engine Mounts - 11,000
Windscreen washer can - 2000
Coolant hose pipe - 2000
Gear cable bush - 700
Fog Lamp Bezel - 300
Glove box hinge - 500
Spark Plugs - 600
AC Filter, Air Filter, Oil Filter and other small items - 500
80,000 service labor - 2000
Engine Oil, Mobil super 3000 X1 fully synthetic 5W30 from Boodmo - 2000
Total - 24,000

Pickup- I got a call around 4:30, saying all the work was done and I can come to collect the car. Booked an auto and reached there around 5. Started raining cats and dogs that very moment. Cleared the bill asked for they keys, sat in the car and cranked it.
The difference was like night and day. It felt like a different machine. Now I knew where those 11,000 rupees went.

The service experience- This was my first experience outside Chennai Ford Poonamallee. I was blown away. I was extremely satisfied with Chennai Ford till date, and I must say the workmanship and overall experience at Fortune was better. Truly felt like family.

The ordeal back home- As I started driving back, the pouring increased and it was getting more vicious every passing moment. Visibility was decreasing, and the amount of water on Hyderabad roads was unlike anything I saw before. One of the bridges over the river Moosi was closed, and I had to take a detour. Was almost home when I got into a road with stagnant water. I had never seen stagnant water on this road ever before for the 23 years of my Hyderabadi life so I drove on. Only later did I realize, that roads change when you're away for 9 years. The water level started rising, and soon i could feel water dropping on to my right foot. Keeping the engine on the boil, I was thinking of an escape route. There was a right, which was slightly uphill, but climbing it meant higher volume of water at the turn. Left was even lower, so that was ruled out. I knew this road would remain flat, so I bumped up the revs and went ahead. The engine coughed briefly, giving me also a cough in the process. Thankfully, the water level reduced after that and I reached home with a steady foot on the accelerator.
Felt like Dec 1st, 2015, Chennai. Felt like my Accent 1.6 wading through flood water.

Story at home- First thing on my mind was, I thought of going left and right alright. Why didn't I think of turning around and going back when the water level was rising? Lesson learnt. Will not be repeated at any cost.
Parked the car and opened the bonnet. Digested the vapour/fumes and opened the air intake pipe. Felt some moisture inside, so dug deeper and it was dry. Felt cautiously relieved, pumped the accelerator and brakes and couple of times. Meanwhile, my wife called me asking to pick her up from the metro station.

She sat in the car and asked 'Why did you turn off the car?'. Now that made all the time, money and effort worth it.

When is the other time it feels worth it? Whenever I look at it.

You know when it feels more than what it is worth? Whenever I drive it.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-screenshot-20201105-8.04.25-pm.png

P.S. - Excuse that tree blocking the view. For some unknown reason, I just like this picture very much.

Last edited by Vibhav-Van : 5th November 2020 at 21:19.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 13:45   #10977
BHPian

Im seeing this leak in front of engine bay. Can anyone point out what's this? Its been a long time i opened Engine bay and also i ve very low running these days. Noticed this today when i opened up the bonnet.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-whatsapp-image-20201116-1.33.36-pm.jpeg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-whatsapp-image-20201116-1.33.35-pm.jpeg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-whatsapp-image-20201116-1.32.48-pm.jpeg  

Old 16th November 2020, 16:51   #10978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Im seeing this leak in front of engine bay.
Seems like the PCV is done for, do get the turbo oil seals also looked into.
Old 21st November 2020, 12:34   #10979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
Thank you. Please let me know if you get some information.

The "Bluetooth waiting" message appears only if the Bluetooth option is switched ON. Otherwise "Bluetooth Off" message is shown if the call button is pressed or if the Bluetooth menu is accessed. "
Finally I got an answer to this problem - from a comment to the YouTube video that I posted earlier in this thread, just to show the issue that I am facing .

The solution is really simple. Just press and hold the ON/OFF/Vol button. This is another way to reset the system, and requires entering the Pass key again. Apparently this resets the EEPROM (non-volatile memory) and not the volatile memory that gets erased when we disconnect and reconnect the battery, but don't quote me on this. This is what the comment mentioned. I had to google what EEPROM is.

Once this is done, I was able to access the Bluetooth menu again. Hopefully, I will never see the BLUETOOTH WAITING message, ever again.

The original video that I posted - The pinned comment in the video refers to the person's comment that helped me solve this.
dragntailonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:00   #10980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
The solution is really simple. Just press and hold the ON/OFF/Vol button. This is another way to reset the system, and requires entering the Pass key again. Apparently this resets the EEPROM (non-volatile memory) and not the volatile memory that gets erased when we disconnect and reconnect the battery, but don't quote me on this. This is what the comment mentioned. I had to google what EEPROM is.
Profound thanks from me. I was having the same issue for the past 1 year. Even FASS guys could not figure out why. After reading your post, I gave it a try. Long pressed the on/off/vol button. And yes, back it has come - the bluetooth function. I was able to make calls and play audio again through BT after a long time. But it never asked me the pass key.
ask_017 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks