Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2020, 11:16   #10951
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
... As far as changing Timing belt is concerned, the ASS recommends 7yrs or 1 lac kilometers whichever is earlier.
Isn't the recommended change interval 5 years / 120k km ? I remember this since it was pointed out during my 5 year service even though the car had done only 70k km. As I was selling the car, I did not get it done but told the new owner to get it done ASAP since this is an important preventive maintenance part.
Old 28th June 2020, 10:45   #10952
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
I am perplexed that the factory fitted engine mount lasted 1 lac kms and the OEM spare didn't last even 7k kms . Hope this is one off case as I plan to keep my Figo for few more years.

Anyone has the spare part number of engine mount for 2011 diesel Figo?
Quick update:
Wrote to ford on this. There was immediate response and action from Ford. All I wanted was explaination as to why new mount failed in less than 7k kms and also usage was only on mysore - bengaluru highway. That too due to covid, usage was around 7 months. And all mounts were changed together. Gear bedding and engine.
Since parts warranty is for 6 months, i was fair on ford not to ask for free replacement. All I wanted to know was RCA for failure. But ford immedialty spoke to service centre where this was changed and informed me that they will waive off 50% from part cost and reduce the labor cost as well. They came to this arrangement looking at my timely service records and none of the work is carried out outside.
Im part happy as Ford india is doing its part, but the service center is only worried about what rating they get for service done. They call several times and asking to give a rating of 10/10 so that they get some goodie point. This has irritated me to the core .

Between latest pic of my beloved Figo
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20200620_1723152.jpg  

HTC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 13:12   #10953
BHPian

My FIGO completed 10 years in April and got the 10th year service done yesterday. AC was not functioning and had to replace the core AC evaporator, hose suction, AC gas etc. which came up to 15.5k. General servicing around 7.5k included engine oil change, break oil change, coolent replaced etc. Got a 2k discount and final bill was 21k.

It looks just like new now and enjoying it even after a decade
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo1.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 30th June 2020 at 13:16.
sumathindra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 21:52   #10954
BANNED

Fellow BHPians -

My Figo petrol is due for it's regular annual service, can someone please let me know where to source the engine oil filter and air filter from. Any specific links would be really helpful.

Also, please let me know what engine oil grade to chose from.

I've always got my car serviced at the Ford service center but their labour charges have gone up by a bit off late.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th August 2020, 12:45   #10955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Fellow BHPians -

My Figo petrol is due for it's regular annual service, can someone please let me know where to source the engine oil filter and air filter from. Any specific links would be really helpful.

Also, please let me know what engine oil grade to chose from.

I've always got my car serviced at the Ford service center but their labour charges have gone up by a bit off late.

Thanks in advance.
Air filter-

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_filter-4554917/

Oil filter-

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-oil_filter-6874780/

Not sure what oil grade the petrol figo follows, but my diesel one required 5w30 A5/B5.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 13:38   #10956
BHPian

How easy / difficult to empty the coolant and fill with the new? I gave my car for some repair related to battery charging (alternator needs some repair), and the workshop guy forgot to fill back the coolant. Car gave the engine warning when i went out for some work. Filled the coolant with 2 litre of mineral water from a nearby shop. Also bought 2 bottles of coolant from the Shell petrol station on my way back. Want to check if i can replace the coolant by myself instead of taking the car to workshop again.
Old 27th August 2020, 13:41   #10957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
How easy / difficult to empty the coolant and fill with the new? I gave my car for some repair related to battery charging (alternator needs some repair), and the workshop guy forgot to fill back the coolant. Car gave the engine warning when i went out for some work. Filled the coolant with 2 litre of mineral water from a nearby shop. Also bought 2 bottles of coolant from the Shell petrol station on my way back. Want to check if i can replace the coolant by myself instead of taking the car to workshop again.
You can definitely change the coolant yourself. Youtube and google should be able to help you do it easily.
Old 27th August 2020, 16:02   #10958
BHPian

Quote:
How easy / difficult to empty the coolant and fill with the new?
I don't think Figo uses the regular coolant available on the stores. They have some specific coolant which is available in service centers only. The user manual would have details. I'd suggest not to fill the third party coolant.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 19:56   #10959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I don't think Figo uses the regular coolant available on the stores. They have some specific coolant which is available in service centers only. The user manual would have details. I'd suggest not to fill the third party coolant.
The figo uses standard pinkish-orange coloured coolant. Nothing special is necessary. Just that the correct water:antifreeze ratio should be followed, that would be mentioned in the manual.

Last edited by Turrrb0 : 27th August 2020 at 19:59.
Old 27th August 2020, 21:13   #10960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
The figo uses standard pinkish-orange coloured coolant. Nothing special is necessary.
Yes, the color of the coolant is pink. The Shell station from where i bought the coolant is equipped with a person who will do the oil, coolant changes. He has a chart which has the list of car models Vs coolant types. He verified the chart before getting me the coolant.

Quote:
Just that the correct water:antifreeze ratio should be followed, that would be mentioned in the manual.
I thought i need to use the coolant as is, without any mixing. I will check this and confirm.
Old 27th August 2020, 21:40   #10961
BHPian

Quote:

I thought i need to use the coolant as is, without any mixing. I will check this and confirm.
The can will mention whether it’s pre mixed or concentrated. You can proceed accordingly.
Old 29th August 2020, 21:23   #10962

Can anyone share the Ford recommended air pressure in psi for 5 people in this first generation Ford Figo. I remember it to be 41 psi for the rear tyres. But whenever I quote that people seems alarmed. Please reply
Old 29th August 2020, 23:19   #10963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDcamero View Post
Can anyone share the Ford recommended air pressure in psi for 5 people in this first generation Ford Figo. I remember it to be 41 psi for the rear tyres. But whenever I quote that people seems alarmed. Please reply
I used to maintain 32 psi on all four tyres.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 11:19   #10964
HTC
BANNED

For 4 or more occupants, type pressure as per manual - Front 36/ Rear 41.
Old 6th September 2020, 22:00   #10965
BHPian

Recently serviced my Figo TDCi with Ford ASS. 90000kms servicing.
Power steering hose was leaking which was replaced. Rs 6500. Gear cable replaced Rs 800.
Service advisor said work needs to be done on gear box mount and front suspension as there is slight noise. But as he said it can be delayed, so will see in next servicing. I have always serviced it with Ford. However no one has advised me to replace timing belt.

Also replaced tyres Michelin XM2 by Goodyear assurance. Come with replacement gurantee for manufacturing defect as well as owner induced defect.
I found them very good. As silent as Michelins and ride better. Priced much cheaper. Per tyre around 3600.

Overall my Figo still going strong in 8th year of ownership with all stock parts except minor replacements! Surprisingly the key remote batteries are still stock and work fine.

Last edited by StepUP! : 6th September 2020 at 22:11.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks