Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2022, 21:51   #11041
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
My 2011 diesel Figo is acting up lately.

Car usage is pretty low. These days, car is used for small city errands within 5-10 kms range. When I turn the ignition key ON, it takes very long crank and then starts. This is on cold starts ( first start of the day). Yesterday, when I tried to start, it took long crank but didn't start. After that, any attempt to start was unsuccessful without even cranking. It is as if nothing is happening. I put the instrument cluster in diagnostic mode and checked the battery reading. It was having around 11+ reading. Then I tried after 20 mins and car started ( still long crank to start). After starting, battery reading went to 14+ which means the battery is not the culprit.

I had faced similar issue last year and had even given my car to FASS for 2-3 days observation. But they said they were not able to recreate the issue and gave back the car. I suspect glow plug is giving up or fuel pump might have issues. If glow plug goes bad, it should show error on cluster. which is not the case now. I will try to record a video for better understanding and share here.

Till then, happy to hear suggestions or root cause if any of the members have faced similar issue. Any contact information of expert Ford mech around south Bengaluru would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Drive Safe and have fun,
HTC
Thanks for sharing. Even my 2012 Figo is having the same issue. It's taking lot longer to crank the engine.
In addition to this I hear kui kui sound from engine bay on cranking the engine. I suspect this is from belt pulley and I fear it will give up soon.
Old 17th July 2022, 01:45   #11042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 2011 diesel Figo is acting up lately.

Car usage is pretty low. These days, car is used for small city errands within 5-10 kms range. When I turn the ignition key ON, it takes very long crank and then starts. This is on cold starts ( first start of the day). Yesterday, when I tried to start, it took long crank but didn't start. After that, any attempt to start was unsuccessful without even cranking. It is as if nothing is happening. I put the instrument cluster in diagnostic mode and checked the battery reading. It was having around 11+ reading. Then I tried after 20 mins and car started ( still long crank to start). After starting, battery reading went to 14+ which means the battery is not the culprit.
HTC
Hi,

As pointed out by the other members, weak glow plug or faulty fuel pump can cause long cranking at cold start. Even the overnight loss of fuel pressure due to internal leaks in the fuel line / non-return valves (causing some fuel in the fuel line leaking backwards to the tank) also can cause long crank at cold start.

But these causes do not explain the failure to crank that you witnessed once. Failure to crank points out towards battery or starter issues.

You have already said that you will get the battery checked. If possible, try cold start from a newer battery on some other car using jumper cables. Your mechanic / battery shop will be in a better position to do this; you only need to hand over the car to them in the night.

If the cold start needs longer cranking even with newer battery, then get the starter checked. Is there any delay after turning the key before the cranking begins?

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 17th July 2022 at 01:53.
Old 28th July 2022, 10:16   #11043
BHPian

My April 2010, 1.2 Titanium (run only 50K till now) was given for a busted AC high pressure hose. Subsequently got a call from the JSP SA with a few additional issues:

1. Bonnet Mat to be replaced
2. Gear box bedding is week, to be replaced
3. Break disc and pads
4. Link rod boot damage, to be replaced
5. Steering rack moisture seen, decided to touch it after 6 months, no action for now
6. Wiper blades to be replaced
7. AC high pressure hose to be replaced
8. AC gas topping
9. Complete cleaning foam wash (interior & exterior)

All of this at an estimate of 25 to 30k. Expected to get the car delivered today afternoon.

Anyone with similar issue on this first gen car?
Old 28th July 2022, 11:53   #11044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post

Anyone with similar issue on this first gen car?
Off late I mostly get it servived outside. But looking at your items, some of them are good to do.

Bonnet mat is for noise suppression. Can live with it. Gear box bedding, is that mount? That you have to findout if weak. There is some engine mount one of the SA asked me to replace 8 years back as he said it has crack which I couldn't. He kept on asking every year. I am still on that mount.

Brake pads last 60 to 70k. That you can replace but not sure if brake disc also should be replaced. Do you see any problem in braking, like juddering?

AC hose if defective should be replaced. Topping gas too required. Wiper blades again might need to be replaced but you can do it yourself. It is 5 minute job.

Not sure what is link rod boot? Are you referring suspension link rods. Generally you replace multiple components like dampers, link rods etc of both sides. It will cost good amount.
Old 29th August 2022, 11:00   #11045
BHPian

Guys, my spare/2nd key is not working. The one without the remote. Does it have kind of battery that I should replace? I had used it today after many years but the car did not unlock.
Old 29th August 2022, 20:10   #11046
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, my spare/2nd key is not working. The one without the remote. Does it have kind of battery that I should replace? I had used it today after many years but the car did not unlock.
Isn't it a simple 'insert and twist' key?

I had recently sold my 2014 Figo 1.4 with a heavy heart, I used to check regularly on Spinny if they have listed it, ah, its been more than 2 months and I finally see an AD!

I think I'm gonna tear up, this car had formed a bond.

https://www.truebil.com/used-cars-in...n-delhi-ncr/s/

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th August 2022 at 07:38. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 30th August 2022, 12:32   #11047
BHPian

I have a 2012 Ford Figo. Looking to upgrade the headlights since the OEM ones are grossly inadequate especially on the highways during rains. I understand 100/90 Philips is one of the better options. Bangalore Figo owners, can you recommend any reliable workshop where this job can be done? After reading reports about car electricals going crazy after botched jobs by clueless technicians, want to make sure this is done by folks who know what they are doing. Look forward to recommendations.
Old 3rd October 2022, 11:25   #11048
BHPian

My 2012 Figo TDCi underwent a major repair work on the front suspension and the timing belt. It has clocked 99500 on odo.

Replaced front shocks, tie rod, engine rear mount, tensioner assembly, timing belt, water pump etc. I was billed Rs 46423 including labor at Dhone Ford.

After the work, suspension feels as good as new! Engine NVH is improved. Overall happy with the work done!

Last edited by StepUP! : 3rd October 2022 at 11:29.
StepUP! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 12:16   #11049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Gear box bedding, is that mount? That you have to findout if weak. There is some engine mount one of the SA asked me to replace 8 years back as he said it has crack which I couldn't. He kept on asking every year. I am still on that mount.

Even I have been declining change of gear box mount/bedding for the past 6 years. Every time I ask why, they say vibrations will reduce. But as there are no vibrations, i have avoided this job. It costs around 6k.
Old 6th October 2022, 13:14   #11050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Even I have been declining change of gear box mount/bedding for the past 6 years. Every time I ask why, they say vibrations will reduce. But as there are no vibrations, i have avoided this job. It costs around 6k.
What I feel is the part replacement is simple bolt on job with very high financial incentive / margin. Hence the SA keep on pushing for replacement.

Question on coolant. Is it Ford specification coolant available in open market? What brand / name?
Old 6th October 2022, 13:24   #11051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I feel is the part replacement is simple bolt on job with very high financial incentive / margin. Hence the SA keep on pushing for replacement.

Question on coolant. Is it Ford specification coolant available in open market? What brand / name?
No idea about Ford coolant in the market. Why don't you source it from FASS?
Old 9th October 2022, 20:55   #11052
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
No idea about Ford coolant in the market. Why don't you source it from FASS?
Ford coolant is not available in open market. It is branded for ford service centers. In my 1 lac kms plus usage only once the coolant level had dropped. Got it topped up and tried my luck in getting a can of spare coolant just in case. But the SA said they cant give it. That too after I had gotten some major service done.

Between, my figo crossed the magic number few days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20220828_164011.jpg  

HTC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 21:20   #11053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford coolant is not available in open market. It is branded for ford service centers. In my 1 lac kms plus usage only once the coolant level had dropped. Got it topped up and tried my luck in getting a can of spare coolant just in case. But the SA said they cant give it. That too after I had gotten some major service done.

Between, my figo crossed the magic number few days back.
Congratulations on 123456! I'm still a long way to go---the Figo was hardly used for 3400 kms in the past one year, as I'm using the Ecosport more. Similar figure the prior year, due to the pandemic. It would have been used more had my daughter been here, but it is now being used only by my wife and rarely by me.

I have a question---how much does a battery for the remote cost? Can i get one outside from a watch battery shop? Mine is quite weak for the past 2 weeks. The car completes 10 years in another 2 days. But in the case of my Fiesta, the original battery of the remote lasted for 13.7 years, till the car got drowned and was declared a total loss.
Old 10th October 2022, 12:55   #11054
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Congratulations on 123456!

I have a question---how much does a battery for the remote cost? Can i get one outside from a watch battery shop?
Thanks @Vnabhi! I guess you need to use your figo little more to do justice to FORD. Regarding key fob battery, it shouldn't cost much. you can open the key fob and buy the battery from any electronic store or watch shop and fix it yourself.

My Figo has some repairs lined up. I'm planning to get done from Engineering Exponents, Whitefield-Bengaluru. Only problem is I stay at one end of the city and EE is at another end. May have to reserve a day for this. I will call them in advance and setup appointment.

• AC blower is burnt. replacement cost would be around 5K to 6K
  • Cold start - long crank and no starts intermitently. Could be fuel lines or glow plug issue.
  • Wolf stage1+ remap. Need this for 2nd and 3rd gear accleration - 26k+
  • Shocks checkup and replace if needed.
  • Tyre rotation

Also, with normal driving (80-100 kmph speeds), my figo is returning FE of 19+ these days. I am not complaining at all . The Pirelli Cinturato P6 tyres which have run 13k kms are giving good comfort oriented performance. Ride seems more cushy than before. Maintaining 33 PSI for all four tyres.

Thats it for now.

Cheers
HTC
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 14:24   #11055
BHPian

Quote:
Have used this Coolant from Shell two years back (mine is Diesel)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20200829_122931.jpg  

r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks