Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 13:44   #10291

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What were the symptoms of injector failure? Are there any precautions to be taken to avoid it? I have a hunch that using the car amid thick traffic for months together, with no highway runs, could lead to carbon deposits. But I'm not sure if those are clogging up the injectors.

The manual does recommend driving at greater than 3000 rpm for at least 30 seconds once a week.
Hi Vnabhi,
My mechanic friend said that Injectors would not fail before 1lakh Kms generally. These are parts with very high reliability (from his experience). However, poor fuel quality may lead to carbon deposits / failures.

I asked him about revving more than 3000rpm once a while to remove the deposits. He said it is not necessary to do this.

- Ananth
pananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 16:25   #10292
Senior - BHPian

To keep injectors from clogging up, you could use a fuel additive like System D/G. There is a thread on this in the forum: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...es-thread.html
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 19:13   #10293
BHPian

Completed 1,00,000 km service a couple of weeks ago. Since my Figo is 2011 June built, timing belt replacement is recommended at 1,20,000 km only. Normal service + RH suspension replacement costed 5400 INR.

Had an AC no/low cooling issue that was not addressed during the service because it required more time to get the AC system checked. Hence had it checked at a different Ford service center yesterday. Evaporator Coil replacement + Gas recovery & refill + Compressor oil change carried out. Costed me 9140 INR.

Attaching pics of my 1L km old beauty
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160405_120225440.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20160405_120303118_hdr.jpg  

hardoop is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 22:27   #10294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post

Had an AC no/low cooling issue that was not addressed during the service because it required more time to get the AC system checked. Hence had it checked at a different Ford service center yesterday. Evaporator Coil replacement + Gas recovery & refill + Compressor oil change carried out. Costed me 9140 INR.
I wonder why I was quoted 12 to 13 k for the same replacement in my Fiesta 2007 model. Most other members also paid the same amount that I was quoted.

As the rates were high, i got it done at a non-Ford center for Rs 7600.

BTW, your car looks good, despite its age.
Old 9th April 2016, 21:28   #10295
Senior - BHPian

Have this weird sound from the front left during acceleration. Not sure if it is from the front wheel or under the hood. The sound is very mild and sounds like a bunch of twigs stuck somewhere.
The sound is only while accelerating and in gear and I happen to hear it only on highways while cruising in 5th. The moment I engage the clutch or neutral, the sound stops.
I am sure it happens in city if I get a chance to slot to 5th but on the highway it is more prominent because of less outside noise.
At first I thought it was the intake noise since I have routed the pipe to the front grill, but it has been there for the last few trips now.

Anyone who have noticed the same on a petrol?

Last edited by tharian : 9th April 2016 at 21:30.
Old 10th April 2016, 21:39   #10296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What were the symptoms of injector failure? Are there any precautions to be taken to avoid it?
Personally I couldn't notice any difference, The FASS felt there was a noise, he called an engineer & said could be an issue with the injectors, they diagnosed & concluded 3 injectors went kaput, it was under warranty so had it changed.

They said, the injectors were clogged, but I highly doubt it as I have always filled my Figo at only one fuel station & never had any issue since the change. Its been >60k kms since the change.

I believe the engine makes more noise when there is an injector(s) failure, as there could be more stress on the functional ones to pump fuel.

You may want to check the below link for more info on injector failure & precautions to be taken:

http://forums.trucktrend.com/diesel-...w-to-avoid-it/
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 12:29   #10297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
One of my colleagues who drives a Figo had an incident last night.

Would really appreciate if fallow Figo owners let me know what exactly the issue is or how serious the issue is.

Thanks in advance!
Replying to an old post. So what was the part that broke? How much did it cost to fix? I visited a workshop today. Although nothing is broken in my car but I think the mechanic was showing the same part and said it needs to be replaced. Thanks!
Old 15th April 2016, 11:12   #10298
BHPian

Hello All
I own a 2010 Figo Diesel Zxi clocked 57k on the clock. Recently, during the city runs the speedometer would suddenly stop working. It would go down to zero and stay there and just like it died it would come back. When needle is at zero and if i accelerate, the vehicle will jerk and move forward. Already complained to Chennai Ford, they took the vehicle - no error code recorded, could not replicate the issue. They checked the sensor and said its fine. Now, again it has occured, have taken a video and shared it to the Service centre, also took the car. Again they scanned the ECU no error, next step is they will replace the cluster and observe and also check the line points ( no idea what it means). Sending the vehicle again to them next week, has anyone had similar issues on their diesel vehicle?
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:58   #10299
BHPian

Hi all,

I own a 2013 Figo TDCi. Very happy with its performance so far. It was due for 50k service. Had been giving it to company authorised service (Lathangi Ford) till date to ensure warranty remains intact. Got a little peeved with them on my last visit. Since period of warranty expired decided try out an FNG. Opted for S K Karzone an authorised Bosh Service center located on Bannergatta road. Read about them in one of the posts on TBHp. Thought I should try them. Must say they did a decent job. Service issues were promptly attended.

Service head Mr. Vinay took interest getting things done properly. Very hands on, got right to the middle of things setting an example. Quite transparent. Overall a good experience. Thought i should share this with you all, for those searching for an alternative to Ford work shops.
iamsai_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 00:17   #10300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Have this weird sound from the front left during acceleration. Not sure if it is from the front wheel or under the hood. The sound is very mild and sounds like a bunch of twigs stuck somewhere.
The sound is only while accelerating and in gear and I happen to hear it only on highways while cruising in 5th. The moment I engage the clutch or neutral, the sound stops.
I am sure it happens in city if I get a chance to slot to 5th but on the highway it is more prominent because of less outside noise.
At first I thought it was the intake noise since I have routed the pipe to the front grill, but it has been there for the last few trips now.

Anyone who have noticed the same on a petrol?
Looks like the sound of the alternator belt shredding and the pieces touching somewhere when you accelerate.The sound wouldnt be there when you dont accelerate or when you engage the reverse gear.Take it to the FASS and looks like belt change time.Open the hood and check for the belt rotation,and check if there are some strands standing out and touching some place.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 07:22   #10301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Looks like the sound of the alternator belt shredding and the pieces touching somewhere when you accelerate.The sound wouldnt be there when you dont accelerate or when you engage the reverse gear.Take it to the FASS and looks like belt change time.Open the hood and check for the belt rotation,and check if there are some strands standing out and touching some place.
That makes sense.

The belt was changed around 6-7 months ago due to the same issue of shredding which I think was due to rat chewing it. Let me check again, wouldn't be surprised if it is in the same condition again.
Old 29th April 2016, 09:07   #10302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Service advisors recommend changing them altogether, try having them cleaned. Though I am not sure if its advisable, members with more knowledge could suggest aptly.
Wanted to know if diesel injectors can be cleaned or they have to replaced only (as it could be a sealed unit).

During last service, SA was saying on diagnostics they noticed lower pressure in two of the injectors but no error codes were present yet and also did not provide details on which of the two injectors had lower pressure.

Issues faced in the car were lower mileage and higher engine oil consumption (needs to top up after 6-7k kms but no leaks were found on checking). Any pointers to getting this resolved will be really appreciated.
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:17   #10303

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Hello All
I own a 2010 Figo Diesel Zxi clocked 57k on the clock. Recently, during the city runs the speedometer would suddenly stop working. It would go down to zero and stay there and just like it died it would come back. When needle is at zero and if i accelerate, the vehicle will jerk and move forward. Already complained to Chennai Ford, they took the vehicle - no error code recorded, could not replicate the issue. They checked the sensor and said its fine. Now, again it has occured, have taken a video and shared it to the Service centre, also took the car. Again they scanned the ECU no error, next step is they will replace the cluster and observe and also check the line points ( no idea what it means). Sending the vehicle again to them next week, has anyone had similar issues on their diesel vehicle?
I had similar issue last week. The speedometer needle died suddenly, while going at around 30kmph(I thought some connectors would have gone bad) and after 3 minutes or so, there was no pull from the engine even if I press the accelerator. However, after I switched off the engine and then switched it on, no issue was found. I drove around 200km after this, till now things are OK

- Ananth
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:56   #10304
BHPian

Off late, I've noticed that the A.C compressor of my Figo TDCi cuts off very frequently. It will run for approximately 10 seconds and then cut off for 5-7 seconds. Also, there is a metal rubbing noise for a second or two every time the compressor switches on again. The cooling is ok but not very good. Any pointers as to what could be the problem?
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:34   #10305
BHPian

Has anybody experienced a whistling sound from headlights when they are switched on?

I have been facing this issue for the last couple of weeks. When I switch on the headlights, a whistling sound is heard which disappears after turning off and on the headlight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks