Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 21:20   #10321

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I am living with this "hissing" problem for years ! Pressure test was done at Ford service once, they couldn't find anything wrong. I haven't done anything about it and it keeps coming once in a while. AC cooling is not impacted so far, so I just left it as it is. My car is 6+ years old now.
After reading the last few posts about the hissing sound, I also noticed this in my car though I observed it earlier, i thought it was normal. It was not very noisy and AC still works well. Will check with my mechanic during the next week

- Ananth
Old 12th May 2016, 23:25   #10322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzeLiner View Post
but i strongly feel that FASS is ripping off its customers once the car is out of warranty and we need to be doubly sure before we accept their word.
May its true in some cases, mine is in 4th year of ownership & had 3 years warranty. Last month there was slight whining noise while turning steering and FASS said that there is leak in steering steering rack & it has to be replaced. It cost me 16.5K including labour & alignment. Is this a poor quality of components or did I harm steering by taking sharp turns at high speed on highways ?

Last edited by HighOctane : 12th May 2016 at 23:33.
Old 13th May 2016, 23:27   #10323
BHPian

My Figo stuck with 1st gear and I am not able to change it now. I have driven it home and parked. I was out of station for about a month and back now. I have to get this repaired tomorrow.

Will any local mechanic get this repaired it or should I need to take to Ford Service Center? From what I understand from few other posts, this kind of issue happened with few others and it needs a change of some Bush.

The ford service center is around 10 KM from my home, and driving in first gear will be a difficult task. Due to some issue with MPL ford, I am not able to get anyone to visit home to get this repaired.
Old 14th May 2016, 19:37   #10324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
My Figo stuck with 1st gear and I am not able to change it now. I have driven it home and parked. I was out of station for about a month and back now. I have to get this repaired tomorrow.

Will any local mechanic get this repaired it or should I need to take to Ford Service Center? From what I understand from few other posts, this kind of issue happened with few others and it needs a change of some Bush.

The ford service center is around 10 KM from my home, and driving in first gear will be a difficult task. Due to some issue with MPL ford, I am not able to get anyone to visit home to get this repaired.
Got if fixed today. The road assistant team service person from MPL person guided me on how to fix this temporarily. Then took the car to MPL Ford pallikaranai and the bush is changed. Total cost is Rs.720/-
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 11:10   #10325
BHPian

I am suspecting clutch master or slave cylinder leaking in my 2011 Figo since some transmission fluid is sipping in driver foot well. Anyone knows approximate damages for part replacement+labour?
Old 18th May 2016, 21:36   #10326
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Heard that MPL Ford, Chennai is going to own MPL OMR and MPL Pallikaranai including body shop. The Teynampet Showroom, Service Centers at Alwarpet and Vadapalani are going to be taken by a new management and the name is Modi Ford.
Old 19th May 2016, 10:37   #10327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I am suspecting clutch master or slave cylinder leaking in my 2011 Figo since some transmission fluid is sipping in driver foot well. Anyone knows approximate damages for part replacement+labour?
I am experiencing lightness of clutch pedal (It's like a hyundai) and slight variation in how the clutch engages itself just after the service at 48000 kms. Though there is no noticable change in gearshifts or pick up, there is 'keech' kind of sound heared everytime the clutch is depressed when the engine is turned off.

There is no trace of leakage around the clutch pedal but oily dust kind of stuff is seen around the gearbox which i guess indicates the leaky slave cylinder. Called up the the service centre and the mechanic quoted around 7k for the part itself. I guess the external slave cylinders are cheap but internal ones are costly. But failing of such critical stuff at 50 k kms is too early.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0099.jpg
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:06   #10328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I am living with this "hissing" problem for years ! Pressure test was done at Ford service once, they couldn't find anything wrong. I haven't done anything about it and it keeps coming once in a while. AC cooling is not impacted so far, so I just left it as it is. My car is 6+ years old now.
The hissing noise exists in my Figo as well, but it comes once in a while & has started just this summer (maybe the heat is getting to it as well ). Its 3 yrs & 3 moths old, driven 75k kms.

Will have it checked by FASS once, but will keep in mind the suggestions posted by members to ensure they don't fleece me.
Old 23rd May 2016, 15:07   #10329
BHPian

Quote:
Dad took the car to FASS and they changed Brake master cylinder post which leakage stopped. Total damage 4200INR.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 14:09   #10330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananth View Post
I had similar issue last week. The speedometer needle died suddenly, while going at around 30kmph(I thought some connectors would have gone bad) and after 3 minutes or so, there was no pull from the engine even if I press the accelerator. However, after I switched off the engine and then switched it on, no issue was found. I drove around 200km after this, till now things are OK

- Ananth
I have had the issue several times now, taken to both Chennai and MPL ford, they were not able to recreate the issue neither is any error code recorded. ONly solution suggested was a faulty speed sensor, i replaced it cost me 1300 rs, Havent faced any issues yet. Hopefully not, also my Dampner pulley was busted. Had to replace it cost was 6,500 rs. Since March 2016 following are the things replaced or serviced.
1. General servie and engine bed replacement ( rubber had cracked and broken) 12k all inclusive
2. AC cleaning and gas refilling - 7.5 k
3. Dampener pulley replacement - 6.5k ( it was busted, steering became hard when AC is turned ON)
4. VSS replacement 1.3k

My car is 6 yrs old and done 57k Zxi diesel
Old 31st May 2016, 10:35   #10331

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
I have had the issue several times now, taken to both Chennai and MPL ford, they were not able to recreate the issue neither is any error code recorded. ONly solution suggested was a faulty speed sensor, i replaced it cost me 1300 rs, Havent faced any issues yet. Hopefully not, also my Dampner pulley was busted. Had to replace it cost was 6,500 rs. Since March 2016 following are the things replaced or serviced.
1. General servie and engine bed replacement ( rubber had cracked and broken) 12k all inclusive
2. AC cleaning and gas refilling - 7.5 k
3. Dampener pulley replacement - 6.5k ( it was busted, steering became hard when AC is turned ON)
4. VSS replacement 1.3k

My car is 6 yrs old and done 57k Zxi diesel
Hi Scorpio7,

My mechanic said that the accelerator sensor had some issues and the problem is due to that..I asked him, why it is not showing in the warning lights? he said, this problem would not be displayed in the warning lights and only way to check is to connect the ECM software...he now fixed the issue. Car is fine now.

- Ananth
Old 8th June 2016, 12:09   #10332
BHPian

I am seeing an unusual problem with alignment of my car and I am looking for some feedback on this. Car has a tendency to drift towards left. Initially I thought alignment is off and got it corrected but post 500kms I am seeing the issue again. I have showed it to Ford service center and they did checked the alignment again. So far I have driven it for 1000kms and looks like problem is creeping back. Any thoughts?

Last edited by DragonHawk : 8th June 2016 at 12:14.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 13:59   #10333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I am seeing an unusual problem with alignment of my car and I am looking for some feedback on this. Car has a tendency to drift towards left. Initially I thought alignment is off and got it corrected but post 500kms I am seeing the issue again. I have showed it to Ford service center and they did checked the alignment again. So far I have driven it for 1000kms and looks like problem is creeping back. Any thoughts?
Are the tires OK? I had a slight bump in front left tire due to which car was drifting to left slightly.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 14:22   #10334
BHPian

Quote:
Are the tires OK? I had a slight bump in front left tire due to which car was drifting to left slightly.
Tires are 10,000kms old and I am not seeing any bulge or other damages in the tire. As a last option I am planning to do the rotation this weekend as this will help me to rule out if it is tire issue or it is something else.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 8th June 2016 at 14:25.
Old 14th June 2016, 18:20   #10335
BHPian

Reposting below query from figo tyre thread due to no response

Dear Bhpians,
I'm in need of changing tyres for my figo. I need your inputs for selecting the right set of new tyres. Pls help

Current scenario
Model: 2012 1.4 TDCI Titanium
Usage: 20K (car usage reduce after 1st year due to various reasons like office location change, bike preference etc. Off late I use it each month for drive between Bangalore to Chennai)
Current Tyres info: Goodyear GT3 175/65 R14; couple of tyres are worn and servicing guys have suggested to replace them soon. They are now moved to rear with the front two tyres (good ones are now fitted with good ones (read as: no any apparent damage to my eyes and also to ford service folks)
Expectations: I'm happy with current ride quality except I would want to reduce road noise. I don't want to change the tyre size as I don't have any major gripes with my ride.

Options considered
1. Buy new set of 2 tyres and fit them in the front. Move the old good ones to rear
2. Buy new set of 4 tyres as I'm not sure if having two brands with different threads will impact the ride
For both options I need your inputs in choosing the correct brand (I'm a novice when it comes to tyres types and brands ). I'm ok in spending little more in buying better tyres if it improves ride quality further. Pls share your thoughts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks