Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2022, 14:39   #11071
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Rear Decal/Ford emblem on my 1st gen Figo fell off somewhere :(

Where can I get a replacement from? I checked boodmo and it is for 1200, too costly i would say. Anything cheaper available online?
Local scrap market, but I believe the boodmo prices are actually the more reasonable one. My friend had enquired at the dealer and they had stated around 4k if I remember correctly.
Old 3rd January 2023, 11:35   #11072
Senior - BHPian

The Figo went back to Bangalore last week, after resting in Hyderabad from March 2019, when I drove it to Hyderabad from BLR. It was the first highway trip after such a long gap, and was driven by my daughter and son-in-law.

I'd got the annual service done only a couple of months ago, so all we had to do was to top up the Fastag balance.

After around 3 hours of departure, I got a call saying the AC blower was not blowing enough volume of air even at fan speeds of 3 and 4. All that it was making was a louder noise, but the air throw was weak. It appears that it worked well at speed 1 this long , but as the heat outside was building up, they had to increase the blower speed, and that is when they discovered this.

I told them to stop at a safe spot and check if there was any leakage in the engine bay, and also if the coolant tank was bubbling. Got a negative to both, but was told there was some water dripping below. They were sure that it was not coolant or any other fluid. This is when i suspected ice formation.

So I told them to drive without AC for around 15 minutes and then check. And to have the car checked at Anatapur Ford service, if needed, as it was right on the highway.

After a while, my daughter called back and said it was working great, and even at higher blower speeds, the cooling was great. So it does look like ice was the culprit. I remember reading about this issue on this forum.

They got an overall FE of 16, which is great compared to the 13 to 14 figures in Hyderabad for the past 3+years. The car continues to thrill us, and the best thing is the music system and the powerful AC, apart from sublime handling and great steering. The odo is now 88000 kms in Bangalore. The car completed 10 years in October.

Only thing that shocked us was that the toll was now Rs 870, compared to below 700 when we last drove to Bangalore from Hyderabad.

The Ecosport now misses its sibling.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img20220822114844-1.jpg

Last edited by vnabhi : 3rd January 2023 at 11:37.
vnabhi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 05:13   #11073

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
After 12 wonderful years and 1,84,000 km, I parted with my 2010 Ford Figo petrol Zxi.

It is sad after having made such great cars like Figo and Eco Sport, Ford had to close its India operation
I feel you, I have 2 fiestas, the 1.6 petrol is my daily driver (though I don’t drive daily). It’s such a beautiful well made car that I don’t get bored even after having them for 12 & 8 years each, odo 70-80k for each and I can show you the bills I have not spent more than 1L + tyre changes (considering everything was cheap before Covid & I had purchased 8 Michelins at the same time at a steep discount - sad Michelin had to leave as well) for maintaining both for the entire time I have owned them.

Now I have to let go the diesel very soon coz my family bullied me into buying an innova though I wanted an endeavour
Old 30th January 2023, 20:07   #11074
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post

My Figo has some repairs lined up.
  • Cold start - long crank and no starts intermitently. Could be fuel lines or glow plug issue.
Update on long crank/non starting issue:

Car started to refuse starting frequently. Gave the battery for recharging. Even after full day recharging, battery was not able to take the load(tested at battery shop). Took the battery to the shop where I had purchased it.exide diagnostic report came as 'Replace Battery'. Hence decided to get a new battery. Went with same Exide milage model. Costed 5k with old battery exchange.

To be on safer side, disconnected the hella aux lights connection from battery. Car starts normally these days. Keeping an eye on pre/post crank battery readings to be sure.

Odo stands at 127k. Fully synthetic oil has run for 10k. Service due in 3k kms. In two minds wheather to stretch oil change along with service or get it done now.
Old 19th March 2023, 19:49   #11075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Figo 1.4 tdci owners. Has any of you faced an issue with the ABS warning light coming on at times?
Quote:
The battery was changed only a week ago at the same FASS center. So that is ruled out. I guess it could be a sensor issue.
Vnabhi, I have faced this issue of ABS light coming on and staying lit today. Could you please tell me the final diagnosis outcome and a rough cost incurred by you?
Old 26th March 2023, 22:44   #11076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Vnabhi, I have faced this issue of ABS light coming on and staying lit today. Could you please tell me the final diagnosis outcome and a rough cost incurred by you?
Sorry for the late response---I'd have noticed your question earlier had you quoted my previous post.

i did not get the ABS module changed as it was costing nearly 56k. Instead I had them clean the ABS sensors and hand over the car---this was done FOC.

I have been using it for the past 4 years without any issue. I've never had a chance to test sudden braking, but on one occasion on a wet road, I did get to feel the ABS kicking in. So all fine at my end.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 23:59   #11077
BHPian

The car has been ailing since the odo hit 80000 kms. It even broke down several times due to injector failure. Once a fng mechanic swapped the injector with other car but still it was never normal. At around 1 lac kms got the egr and intake cleaned along with suspension and clutch overhaul. That gave it few thousand kms of life but at around 1.09 lac kms, the car started to emit foul smell of unburnt Diesel and the nvh rose to all level high. Many times Thought of getting rid of it, and posted the ad on OLX atleast 3-4 times, but new car prices scared me off. Anyways I would have got pennies for a wailing old ford.

Took a chance and got the injector and Diesel pump serviced. Continental parts are not available with injector service stations here in my city so had to ship them in a box to Kolkata. Two of the injectors were completely down and required the the sensors to be changed.

Total cost along with service of Diesel pump came out at Rs. 21000.

The car is still with the mechanic and his charges would be additional. Got the sump and strainer removed and cleaned along with cleaning of intake manifold and egr. Couldn't click picture as my hands were too dirty to hold the phone. The gunk in the intake was beyond everyone's imagination.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20230326_234519.jpg The condition of injectors before service. Notice the diesel residue which explains that they were spitting the Diesel rather than spraying.

The car was started after installing basic stuff and was deeply relieved to see that there was no hunting, the original clatter was back and the engine sounded relieved and de-strained. It revved freely. Few other stuffs are pending and couldn't take the car out for a drive. Hope this exercise grants atleast 50k kms of life. If all goes well, would change the faded headlights, broken tail lights and touch up of battle scars.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 27th March 2023 at 00:04.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 10:07   #11078
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late response---I'd have noticed your question earlier had you quoted my previous post.
Hi Vnabhi, I thought quoting any previous Quote and not necessarily previous one, would throw a reminder.
Quote:
i did not get the ABS module changed as it was costing nearly 56k. Instead I had them clean the ABS sensors and hand over the car---this was done FOC.
I went to local garage to check the error. There were no faults as per OBD scan. Then he tried to check wiring as well as checked the front sensors but it all seemed okay. The indicator light remained on.

He asked me to drop the car for couple of days and he'd check all wiring if some earthing issue is there. I did not want to do that hence returned home. I am wondering where the problem could be.
Old 8th April 2023, 21:21   #11079
BHPian

10 years of blissful, fuss free ownership! Odo 101010!
Touch wood.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20230406_090641.jpg
StepUP! is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 16:10   #11080
HTC
BANNED

130k service update of my 2011 Figo diesel.

Got the service done at Engineering Exponents, whitefield. Though is 25kms from my place wanted to try it out. More over was fed up of reminder calls from JSP ford tele callers. How much ever time I tell them that I'll only contact them if I plan to get the service from them, every day used to get a call from them.

Had few consumables like - engine oil, cabin-air-oil filters and wipers with me which I handed over to them. AC was not effective, so they replaced AC gas and oil. Tyre rotation and regular service.

Couple of miscellaneous items were skipped which I dont mind(like aux light reconnect).

I had asked to check suspension bottoming out issue. I was recommended for replacing all 4 shocks. I postponed it for future.

Wanted to opt for stage1 remap, but they said that injectors are not showing proper reading and only after that is rectified, can go for remap.

Car is driving smooth. Need to get the injectors checked ASAP.

Bill attached for reference of 130k service cost.

My friends keep making fun of me on spending on 12 year old car. They say it is like "Mudukige Sringaara" (applying make-up for a old lady). But only Ford owners can understand the connect with their old cars 🙂
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20230505_160925.jpg  

HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 18:44   #11081
BHPian

Anyone in the forum have installed the automatic trunk opener mechanism on the 1st gen FIGO? Alternatively is it possible to install in a hatchback? Will it need some tampering with the hydraulic rods? Any inputs please?
Old 20th September 2023, 10:00   #11082
HTC
BANNED

My figo has been chugging along nicely. 1.34 lac kms completed. Wanted to get stage 1 map, but was asked to get the injectors checked before proceeding. Only chink in armour I see is the lame pickup in 2nd gear below 1.5k rpm. Tempted just go with the remap and see what happens.

Someone broke my passenger side door handle. My bro had parked it somewhere and this happened. Not sure it was a mischief or breakin attempt. Have to get it fixed. Till then, I will consider it as a anti theft feature. Door can be opened only from inside lol.

It's fun to drive on mysore Bangalore highway. Giving close to 19 milage even when pushed hard the entire stretch. But the confidence you get in the handling, have to experience to believe it. I follow certain road rules. No speeding when there are other cars around. Allowing everyone who flashes lights from behind to overtake, no going parallel with heavy vehicles like truck and buses except for overtaking, make your presence felt to the heavy vehicle drivers by a single honk and a single flash before overtaking them. If heavy vehicle drivers ask you to wait- 'WAIT'. Patience is the key. Then they will let you pass. No silly lane changes. Even if I have to brake hard behind a bus or lorry, and let scores of cars on other lane to go ahead, am fine with it. They all would have seen me driving behind the big vehicle without cutting into their lane and causing them to slow down or brake, which they will respect when I overtake them when lanes are clear without getting into any race.

Brings a smile whenever I park my figo and thank it for being a nice companion for 12+ years
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20230920_095637.jpg  

HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 15:32   #11083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Brings a smile whenever I park my figo and thank it for being a nice companion for 12+ years
Couldn't've agree more. My FIGO is 13 years now and still smells like new and gives such a pleasure driving it every day. Incidentally I have no reason what so ever to sell it and it is stuck with me for life I guess. Recently decided to change the seat covers to beige and now it looks a stunner. I keep spending a good amount on it even if its a depreciating value but then I want to
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 19:12   #11084
HTC
BANNED

Visited JSP ford service at Bannergatta road. Went there around 10.30 am as a walk-in customer. Had to wait 15 mins before attended by an advisor. Since it was not a service, they were not enthusiastic listening to my complaints. Below are the details,

1. Left door handle broken: they dont have in stock. Will inform me when they get it in stock

2. AC not cooling: have to leave the vehicle with them to address the problem. Didn't bother to even check the AC functioning or under the hood.

3. Want to check injector reading: scanning laptop will be busy as it is saturday.

I had few more complaints which I didn't bother to tell and excused myself. I give them benefit of doubt as it is weekend rush and long weekend.

Went to an AC repair shop near JP nagar metro station. He inspected and told the the compressor magnet is the culprit ash it is not engaging. Said he will try to repair it. If not, he has to put new magnet. Estimate given- 3.2k ( gas-1.2k, labor-400, magnet-1600). It was fixed in couple of hours. Problem was the solenoid connection to the magnet which was burnt. He was able repair it and fill the gas. Total damage -2.2k.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 15:15   #11085
BHPian

Since a few days, my driver side window power button is not working properly. Before I go to get it fixed, is there any way it can be programmed to close and open only by one press? Currently one has to hold it till it completely rolls up/down...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks