Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 10:21   #10921
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quick query about the Diesel Filter :

I have a 2014 Figo EXi TDCi run 95k kms. I have stopped visiting the Ford Service post my 70k service as I found them no longer reasonable. Now i needed to replace the diesel filter as recommended interval is 30k kms. I got Ford OE filter from outside but the thing has two plug sockets (electrical/sensors). The one fitted in my car has one of the sockets plugged from the inside and no second harness either. I checked a ZXi of 2012 and it had the two connectors in place. Seems all models available outside have both plugs open and that one sensor might have been omitted in my make/model. Does anyone have any similar experience?

This youtube video shows the part. The broken switch which is repaired in the video is missing in my car and so is any wiring harness that it could be possibly connected to. Instead the socket is plugged internally, i can see some black valve like thing inside blocking it.

Thanks!
Old 1st December 2019, 11:38   #10922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Is it possible to replace the silver panel surrounding the music system in the old gen figo? Any idea what it would cost?
It is not just the panel, but it extends into a frame on which the stereo system rests. I bought a spare early this year for 4k from Eureka Ford Parts in Chennai. It was not readily in stock, but had to place an order and collect it a week later.
Old 1st December 2019, 12:23   #10923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hi, Has anyone done a Timing belt change on a figo 1.2 Petrol? If yes then please share the cost and parts replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It is just the belt that will be replaced. My Figo 1.2 had it replaced when the car had run around 40k kms because of small cuts at the edges.
I don't remember the part cost since it was 4 years ago. It was done during a annual service in which front brake pads were replaced too. The total cost for that service was 7.5k. I don't think the belt alone was expensive.
Don't think it is that cheap. I paid Rs 10200 for changing the timing belt of my Fiesta 1.6 petrol. I guess the part might be the same for the 1.2 Figo, as it has just one cylinder less.

They need to open up the engine and other parts to access the timing belt. The labour charges are nearly 3000 rupees, so it might be better to also replace the water pump. I did not replace mine as the water pump was not readily in stock.
Old 1st December 2019, 13:01   #10924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Don't think it is that cheap. I paid Rs 10200 for changing the timing belt of my Fiesta 1.6 petrol. I guess the part might be the same for the 1.2 Figo, as it has just one cylinder less.

They need to open up the engine and other parts to access the timing belt. The labour charges are nearly 3000 rupees, so it might be better to also replace the water pump. I did not replace mine as the water pump was not readily in stock.
Fiesta parts were priced higher than the Figo although many parts were similar or shared.
With the Figo, is when they started their lower pricing for parts and servicing, atleast was my understanding.

This is in reference to the old 1.2, 4 cylinder.
Old 1st December 2019, 13:55   #10925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Fiesta parts were priced higher than the Figo although many parts were similar or shared.
With the Figo, is when they started their lower pricing for parts and servicing, atleast was my understanding.

This is in reference to the old 1.2, 4 cylinder.
The cost of Rs 9200 included timing belt change, drive belt kit, tensioner pulley and labor. These are normally changed instead of just the belt.

The other 1000 was for change of coolant reservoir.
Old 1st December 2019, 19:07   #10926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
You can open the DC motor from the backside using a small screwdriver and gently clean the armature with a soft brush or cloth. The tedious part is to open the plastic case of the armature.
Hi ks1418, today I took out the boot lock actuator. But I could not open the plastic case to reach till the motor. I tried with a small screwdriver but the plastic case did not budge a bit. Could you please tell me how did you do it?
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:20   #10927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
It is not just the panel, but it extends into a frame on which the stereo system rests. I bought a spare early this year for 4k from Eureka Ford Parts in Chennai. It was not readily in stock, but had to place an order and collect it a week later.
Yes I need to replace the whole thing. It has developed cracks since I changed the music system last year. Any idea if they would fit it also?
Old 4th December 2019, 19:41   #10928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Yes I need to replace the whole thing. It has developed cracks since I changed the music system last year. Any idea if they would fit it also?
I doubt if they would, but once you pull the stereo out, its a simple DIY job to take the frame out. It is held in place by two normal screws and one with a bolt-head. This post should give you an idea of the location of the screws:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post3544766 (DIY: Tablet as an In-Car-Entertainment Console)
Old 6th December 2019, 14:25   #10929

Hi BHPians. I've planned to buy my first car from a preowned dealer.....a 2012 Ford Figo Duratorq 1.4 (Diesel). During the test drive, I noted something very odd. During idling, the engine seems to jerk / vibrate real hard only at specific intervals (say every 5 seconds or so). But I didn't notice any issues when the vehicle was on the move. I'm not sure whether it is because of the mountings or the FIP. Can you help?

P.S: I need to give him an answer by Sunday. Would be grateful if you can respond before that.
Old 6th December 2019, 14:52   #10930
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiradhanush View Post
During idling, the engine seems to jerk / vibrate real hard only at specific intervals (say every 5 seconds or so).
From what I recall, it is the radiator fan kicking in.

Your best bet would be, to get it checked at a Ford authorized service center, pay them for the inspection and ask them for all details. They should be able to pull it out by punching that car's VIN.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 07:40   #10931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiradhanush View Post
Hi BHPians. I've planned to buy my first car from a preowned dealer.....a 2012 Ford Figo Duratorq 1.4 (Diesel). During the test drive, I noted something very odd. During idling, the engine seems to jerk / vibrate real hard only at specific intervals (say every 5 seconds or so). But I didn't notice any issues when the vehicle was on the move. I'm not sure whether it is because of the mountings or the FIP. Can you help?

P.S: I need to give him an answer by Sunday. Would be grateful if you can respond before that.
From my experience this could be the engine bed vibration when the AC turns on. This is more evident when the vehicle is standing still. I had the same issue and went away when I changed the engine bed. Switch the AC off and check just to be sure.
Old 7th December 2019, 12:55   #10932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
From my experience this could be the engine bed vibration when the AC turns on. This is more evident when the vehicle is standing still. I had the same issue and went away when I changed the engine bed. Switch the AC off and check just to be sure.
Thanks Ashwinbr. Will get that checked too.
Old 9th December 2019, 14:24   #10933
BHPian

Hello every one. My Figo (2010 ZXI model) has been advised of replacing the wheel bearings (all 4). It is making a lot of noise at >40 speeds. The price being quoted is around INR 12K by the Fortune Ford.

Note: It has been more than a month since I have been advised this.

I have few questions about this. Some one please be kind enough to give your inputs?

1. What happens if they are not replaced? I mean, Is the noise only problem or will it cause any damage?
2. How long can I run without replacing them?
3. Is this cost accurate or anyone else has any information about the price. I am from Hyderabad.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 9th December 2019, 15:23   #10934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
1. What happens if they are not replaced? I mean, Is the noise only problem or will it cause any damage?
The bearings may fail (by getting crushed inside) and lock the wheel up. Happened with the right-rear wheel bearing on my Ford Figo (2011) earlier this year while on the move on highway!! Thankfully, ABS light had started blinking a minute before this happened (because of the ABS-sensor<->wheel misalignment when the bearings started getting crushed) and I had slowed down considerably. I could steer the car off the road safely after the wheel locked up.

Quote:
2. How long can I run without replacing them?
I'd recommend to get this cross-checked immediately. A good wheel alignment shop will be able to tell if the bearings are off and making undesirable noise.

Quote:
3. Is this cost accurate or anyone else has any information about the price. I am from Hyderabad.
I got BOSCH after-market bearings for around 1.8K INR for one wheel. Maybe Ford ASC sells them at a premium price. I got the work done at an FNG (since a lot of damage and work was involved) so cannot comment on what Ford ASC would quote.

What happened in my case was totally my negligence as I had missed the wheel alignment schedule for a year. A wheel alignment exercise would've caught this and prevented the mishap.
RishikeshK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 10:55   #10935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I had missed the wheel alignment schedule for a year. A wheel alignment exercise would've caught this and prevented the mishap.
My wheel alignment was done along with the last service when they advised this change. Should I still refer this to someone else?

Also, where did you buy the after market spares? online?

Thanks for your reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks