Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2019, 02:28   #10906

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Dear All,

I try my luck here. I have found a 2014 model ford figo diesel titanium which is really looking attractive in terms of price, look and model. Unfortunately i am out of station and cant return untill december. My wife has no idea about cars.

So any BHP'ians from coimbatore help me to review the car along with my wife.
I understand that it is just opinion from your side and final responsibility lies with me.

Car is in RS Puram and i pay all travel expenses.

we can discuss the details through PM, if any one is willing. Thanks and i hope this kind of request is allowed.
Old 21st September 2019, 09:13   #10907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering View Post
Dear All,

I try my luck here. I have found a 2014 model ford figo diesel titanium which is really looking attractive in terms of price, look and model. Unfortunately i am out of station and cant return untill december. My wife has no idea about cars.

So any BHP'ians from coimbatore help me to review the car along with my wife.
I understand that it is just opinion from your side and final responsibility lies with me.

Car is in RS Puram and i pay all travel expenses.

we can discuss the details through PM, if any one is willing. Thanks and i hope this kind of request is allowed.
Try cross posting in this thread for better reach towards local members.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...batore-25.html (General Meet ups in Coimbatore)

Thanks.
Old 24th October 2019, 13:36   #10908
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a 2011 Ford Figo (1st gen). Over the past few days I encountered a problem with the boot of the car. The Boot lid wont open either with the button on the dashboard or with the button on the car key. When i press the button, the boot tries to open (there is a swish sound, of the lever moving) but cant open.

One peculiar thing I have noticed is that, after a drive of about 15-20 Km, the boot would open. However, when i try the second time it wont (again there is a light swish sound). If I keep on trying, that swish sound will also disappear and it will stop responding. It seems as if I am running a toy with drained out batteries. It will work when the battery is charged, but will stop once I have used the little charge it had.

Only issue here is that, the batterry of my car remote and the car itself are relatively new (got them replace 6 months back, and everything else is working perfectly fine). Is there a separate battery for the boot? Or is there some other problem I am looking at here?

Any leads to where shall I look at to resolve the issue will be welcome!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
After cleaning the carbon deposits from the motor, it was working fine so I did not look for a new motor. The car was sold in May 2019 with boot lock working perfectly fine.

You can open the DC motor from the backside using a small screwdriver and gently clean the armature with a soft brush or cloth. The tedious part is to open the plastic case of the armature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2011 Ford Figo (1st gen). Over the past few days I encountered a problem with the boot of the car. The Boot lid wont open either with the button on the dashboard or with the button on the car key. When i press the button, the boot tries to open (there is a swish sound, of the lever moving) but cant open.

One peculiar thing I have noticed is that, after a drive of about 15-20 Km, the boot would open. However, when i try the second time it wont (again there is a light swish sound). If I keep on trying, that swish sound will also disappear and it will stop responding. It seems as if I am running a toy with drained out batteries. It will work when the battery is charged, but will stop once I have used the little charge it had.

Only issue here is that, the batterry of my car remote and the car itself are relatively new (got them replace 6 months back, and everything else is working perfectly fine). Is there a separate battery for the boot? Or is there some other problem I am looking at here?

Any leads to where shall I look at to resolve the issue will be welcome!

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I am facing the same issue now. Were you able to find a new DC motor?

Also, is it possible for you elaborate steps to clean the current motor and reinstalling the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
Update – I was able to strip the actuator and found that the 12v DC motor was the culprit. I cracked open the DC motor to clean the carbon deposit on the armature. Voila!! The motor started working fine and so is the actuator. Now, I just need to seal the actuator using super bond and install it back.

I feel bad about the exorbitant prices at which F.A.S.S sell these things, it's just a Chinese 12v DC motor which merely costs 100 bucks . To be on the safer side I will look for another DC motor and change the old one if it stops working again.
I think I found my problem. Will check this out over the weekend.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th October 2019 at 01:53. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 24th October 2019, 17:20   #10909
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I had this issue too.. My mechanic told me it was because the solenoid in the boot mechanism wasnt able to pull the latch cable far enough, or something like that.
Some jugaad by him using fewikwik and zipties sorted the issue out.
Also.. in a pinch the boot can be manually opened from within the car.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th October 2019 at 01:52. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 26th October 2019, 08:09   #10910
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

2012 ford figo tdci. Have been getting this oil leak. Assume its the turbo rubber hose. No power reduction or any another issue while driving currently. Currently the car is in outstation and i plan to get it checked when i reach Chennai back. Hope it's fine to drive 500kms with this leak. Please help. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20191026_075347.jpg  

Old 8th November 2019, 08:46   #10911
BHPian

Hello all

I'm looking for some help here. I stay in Kodaikanal and lately my figo 1.4 diesel has been showing a fuel rail and pump issue possibly because of bad fuel filling - last fuel tank up was at Essar before entering the ghat road in Bathlagundu. I have emptied the tank and refilled new diesel at Ford Madurai to see the issue going away for 2 or 3 days. The lamp lit up once again and went away; Ford did tell me and this may happen. I think there are some remnants which I think would go away if I clean the pump however Ford suggests a change to both rail and pump. I have never given the vehicle to a local mechanic but want to try out a good one this time owing to reduced expenses. Is there a good mechanic that I can try in Coimbatore or Madurai? The vehicle has done 182k on the odo without a hitch and I think cleaning the pump and rail can do a other 100k. Any suggestions pls?
Old 8th November 2019, 16:19   #10912
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where can I get the boot lock actuator/motor assembly in Delhi? I have tried multiple places - but none have been of any help. I ordered it on boodmo, however they too don't have any ETA for its availability. Aliexpress too says it is out of stock.

Any leads/contacts would be of great help!

Part No. - 2S6T432A98AF
Car - Ford Figo - 2011 model
Description - Boot lock motor assembly/actuator

Thanks!!

Last edited by dhinchak : 8th November 2019 at 16:20.
Old 8th November 2019, 17:12   #10913
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where can I get the boot lock actuator/motor assembly in Delhi? I have tried multiple places - but none have been of any help. I ordered it on boodmo, however they too don't have any ETA for its availability. Aliexpress too says it is out of stock.

Part No. - 2S6T432A98AF

Thanks!!
As I mentioned before, The best and cheapest bet would be to get a mechanic to have a look at it and getting it repaired in some way by him.

Trying to find a new part will be difficult and expensive, unless you can get a salvaged/used spare around Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
2012 ford figo tdci. Have been getting this oil leak. Assume its the turbo rubber hose. No power reduction or any another issue while driving currently. Currently the car is in outstation and i plan to get it checked when i reach Chennai back. Hope it's fine to drive 500kms with this leak. Please help. Thanks.
Since your oil leak seems to be around the inlet/PCV hose area my guess would be a failed PCV. If not it could be worn out tubro oil seals which would've meant stains around the bit between the turbine and compressor housing. The way I would've tackled this is by replacing the PCV and if that didn't fix it, get the turbo attended to by a turbo repair shop.

Last edited by Turrrb0 : 8th November 2019 at 17:14.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 20:49   #10914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Part No. - 2S6T432A98AF

Thanks!!
Talk to world of service or Raj Mechanic in Noida. They're both in the directory I think. Both have very good sources.
Old 21st November 2019, 22:08   #10915
BHPian

Guys, my cars check engine light came on since last couple of days. Went to a FNG which has obd scanner. It shows glowplug error. He asked me to drop the car and he'll check all the plugs. I intend to drop the car on Saturday.

My doubt is, I do not face any starting issues in the morning, even with the light on. Besides the check engine light does not go away even after engine heats up. So could this really be a glow plug issue or something else? I have felt loss of power beyond 2000 rpm.

Quote:

I too am facing this issue. I am yet to show it to mechanic. But I enquired about Boot lock with Autoji. They have it available for around 1700.

Last edited by shipnil : 21st November 2019 at 22:13.
Old 21st November 2019, 23:02   #10916
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Has anyone done a Timing belt change on a figo 1.2 Petrol? If yes then please share the cost and parts replaced.
Old 25th November 2019, 15:50   #10917
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone tell me where can I get the boot lock actuator/motor assembly in Delhi? ..
Aliexpress too says it is out of stock.

Part No. - 2S6T432A98AF
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I too am facing this issue. I am yet to show it to mechanic. But I enquired about Boot lock with Autoji. They have it available for around 1700.
Checked with FNG. Seems I too have this part not working. As expected, it is unavailable. I checked aliexpress now. It looks to be available there. Costs about 1000 rupees. Check the link below.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...=1&groupsort=1
Old 27th November 2019, 18:41   #10918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hi, Has anyone done a Timing belt change on a figo 1.2 Petrol? If yes then please share the cost and parts replaced.
It is just the belt that will be replaced. My Figo 1.2 had it replaced when the car had run around 40k kms because of small cuts at the edges.
I don't remember the part cost since it was 4 years ago. It was done during a annual service in which front brake pads were replaced too. The total cost for that service was 7.5k. I don't think the belt alone was expensive.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 15:10   #10919
BHPian

Is it possible to replace the silver panel surrounding the music system in the old gen figo? Any idea what it would cost?
Old 29th November 2019, 09:45   #10920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Is it possible to replace the silver panel surrounding the music system in the old gen figo? Any idea what it would cost?
If it is sold as a separate part, then yes.
If you check with the A.S.S, they can check in their system to know if it is a child part or not.

No idea what the cost would be. Also availability of that part will be a question since I don't think it is a part in demand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks