Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2018, 08:56   #10696
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

How much they charged for the engine mounts and dampening material?

Fan turning on while switching on the Ac is normal I guess. It has two speeds depending upon the temperature. The thud noise which goes while applying brakes is the brake caliper noise. Get it greased.
Old 16th February 2018, 09:56   #10697
BHPian

Guys, is there any interval at which we need to change the timing belt? Also, are there any pulleys to be changed along with it?

Recently, I changed the accessory belt as the previous one broke on one of the drives. But I hear a sound like tic, tic at idle. If I use acclerator the sound goes away. What could be the issue? If I go to ASC they will just suggest to change one or another pulley without investigating specific reason for the sound.
Old 16th February 2018, 10:18   #10698
BHPian

@shipnil: I changed both my accessory and power steering belt recently on my Figo petrol. If its a bad belt, you will hear a squeal type of noise, not a tick. Just FYI, if the squeal disappears when you spray some water on the belt, its a belt problem, not a pulley bearing issue.

The petrol has a light tick, which also disappears under acceleration, most probably because of the rocker arms. Haven't had a problem with them, so far.

Just make sure your oil level is ok; think you should be fine.
Old 24th February 2018, 13:33   #10699
BHPian

Hello All, need some advice.

I have been getting a metal clunking noise (say when two steel vessels collide against each other) from the past 3-4 months from the right rear of my Figo. The sound appears when I accelerate and when I go over undulations. I took it to JSP Ford on Bannerghatta Road a couple of days back and they pointed out that the noise is from the suspension. They advised me to change the struts since it was leaking and also replace the tie-rod. A quick search in this thread also showed that this could be because of the link rod that might need adjustment or replacement but all of them were reported for the front suspension.

My question here is, is the noise really from the suspension unit (we checked the complete under body, nothing is loose or broken) or it could be something else? It clearly appears that something is broken but then I notice nothing wrong with the suspension behavior while driving. The estimate given to me is about INR 5k for the replacement plus labor. I'm fine with spending the 5k but I want to make sure that the suspension unit is the culprit.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th February 2018, 23:41   #10700
BHPian

Hi All
I finally got my Figo TDCI clutch overhaul done. It costed me 13k. However the master cylinder was not changed, as per the SA it was in OK condition & did not warrant a replacement. Also they didn’t have the master cylinder in stock. The important thing was that I got the clutch overhaul done at JSP Ford, the new ASC in Bangalore. They did a reasonably good job. I was overall satisfied with how it was handled. Was quite happy. This could be in part due the fact they are new here & may be going the additional distance to build on their customer base. Whatever be the reason, it would be good if they can keep this up.
Old 28th February 2018, 07:15   #10701
Mik
BHPian

My Aug 2012 figo diesel is approaching 75k km. Off late I am noticing a booming noise (as if there is some after market exhaust) when I pick up speeds - coming from the left side. On being stationary and revving, this noise doesn't happen.
Tyres look fine and are new.
Any thoughts on what could be the issue?
Old 28th February 2018, 09:05   #10702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
My Aug 2012 figo diesel is approaching 75k km. Off late I am noticing a booming noise (as if there is some after market exhaust) when I pick up speeds - coming from the left side. On being stationary and revving, this noise doesn't happen.
Tyres look fine and are new.
Any thoughts on what could be the issue?
Is it from the front or rear or from the engine bay? It can be the sound of wheel bearing, you can check it easily by jacking up the car and rotating the wheel.

Generally, bearing sound increases with speed.
ks1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 09:23   #10703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Hello All, need some advice.

I have been getting a metal clunking noise (say when two steel vessels collide against each other) from the past 3-4 months from the right rear of my Figo. The sound appears when I accelerate and when I go over undulations. I took it to JSP Ford on Bannerghatta Road a couple of days back and they pointed out that the noise is from the suspension. They advised me to change the struts since it was leaking and also replace the tie-rod. A quick search in this thread also showed that this could be because of the link rod that might need adjustment or replacement but all of them were reported for the front suspension.

My question here is, is the noise really from the suspension unit (we checked the complete under body, nothing is loose or broken) or it could be something else? It clearly appears that something is broken but then I notice nothing wrong with the suspension behavior while driving. The estimate given to me is about INR 5k for the replacement plus labor. I'm fine with spending the 5k but I want to make sure that the suspension unit is the culprit.

Thanks in advance.
Suspension issues like this are fairly common in the 1st gen Figo. But, as you rightly observed, most of the issues are with the front suspension. However, if the rear struts are leaking, do go ahead and replace the pair.

While on the subject of rear suspension, can you please ask the A.S.S. to check if the rear twist beam recall has been carried out on your car?
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 08:48   #10704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Suspension issues like this are fairly common in the 1st gen Figo. But, as you rightly observed, most of the issues are with the front suspension. However, if the rear struts are leaking, do go ahead and replace the pair.

While on the subject of rear suspension, can you please ask the A.S.S. to check if the rear twist beam recall has been carried out on your car?
Thanks KiloAlpha. I will take the car to a 3rd party service center (Bosch maybe) and get the issue checked as I'm still not convinced if the noise is from the suspension or not. If they report the same observation, will head to the ASC to get the parts replaced. Will check for the twist beam recall as well, thanks for the advice.
Old 1st March 2018, 08:52   #10705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Thanks KiloAlpha. I will take the car to a 3rd party service center (Bosch maybe) and get the issue checked as I'm still not convinced if the noise is from the suspension or not. If they report the same observation, will head to the ASC to get the parts replaced. Will check for the twist beam recall as well, thanks for the advice.
Dont go to bosch, very bad reviews creeping in on the forum about their work. Stay away seems to be the buzz word.
Old 3rd March 2018, 10:30   #10706

Hello all,

Just finished the 80 k service of my Figo. After the service, the adviser mentioned to me that there is a mild TURBO-INLET-HOSE leak and mild RACK leak in the car. It sounded "Greek" to me and he said never to mind about these problems and these can be addressed sometime later.

Now, my wife who is a novice at driving, is going to use the car a lot from now on to smooth-en out her driving skills. Is there anything to be worried about this "mild TURBO-INLET-HOSE leak and mild RACK leak" in this regard?

The car also had to replaced with some TENSIONER for about 1850 rupees. Is it normal at this juncture?

Please help.
Old 21st March 2018, 23:25   #10707
BHPian

I am having trouble with the boot lock actuator (see attached image) on my Figo. The actuator is not moving enough to open the boot when I try to unlock boot using remote or pressing the unlock button on the dashboard. A.S.S suspect that actuator is bad and need replacement costing 3K excluding labour. I found a video on Youtube which is the exact problem I am facing.

If I am not wrong, these lock actuators used to be pretty cheap. Suggestions are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-whatsapp-image-20180321-6.29.56-pm.jpeg  

Old 22nd March 2018, 09:41   #10708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDcamero View Post
Hello all,

Just finished the 80 k service of my Figo. After the service, the adviser mentioned to me that there is a mild TURBO-INLET-HOSE leak and mild RACK leak in the car. It sounded "Greek" to me and he said never to mind about these problems and these can be addressed sometime later.

Now, my wife who is a novice at driving, is going to use the car a lot from now on to smooth-en out her driving skills. Is there anything to be worried about this "mild TURBO-INLET-HOSE leak and mild RACK leak" in this regard?

The car also had to replaced with some TENSIONER for about 1850 rupees. Is it normal at this juncture?

Please help.
Turbo inlet hose leaking is something that will affect the turbocharger operating normally in the car. Keep a lookout for dropping mileage and changed throttle response/pickup.

By Rack leak, I assume he is referring to a steering rack leak? It happened in my car also, at around 25K kms. It was changed under warranty. Not too unusual, but if the steering feel is still the same and power steering fluid level is not dropping, you can potentially postpone the repair. But not avoid.

Yes, it is normal for a belt tensioner to be replaced at 80K. Please also check your owners manual for replacement of timing belt (this is a critical component) and ensure it is done as per schedule.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:16   #10709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
I am having trouble with the boot lock actuator (see attached image) on my Figo. The actuator is not moving enough to open the boot when I try to unlock boot using remote or pressing the unlock button on the dashboard. A.S.S suspect that actuator is bad and need replacement costing 3K excluding labour. I found a video on Youtube which is the exact problem I am facing.
Update – I was able to strip the actuator and found that the 12v DC motor was the culprit. I cracked open the DC motor to clean the carbon deposit on the armature. Voila!! The motor started working fine and so is the actuator. Now, I just need to seal the actuator using super bond and install it back.

I feel bad about the exorbitant prices at which F.A.S.S sell these things, it's just a Chinese 12v DC motor which merely costs 100 bucks . To be on the safer side I will look for another DC motor and change the old one if it stops working again.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-whatsapp-image-20180322-8.25.33-pm.jpeg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-whatsapp-image-20180322-7.35.01-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by theMAG : 26th March 2018 at 18:49. Reason: Trimming quoted content in the best interest of readability.
ks1418 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 17:22   #10710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDcamero View Post
Hello all,

Just finished the 80 k service of my Figo.
What were the list of jobs done as part of the 80k service? I am due in about 4k kms.

If anyone else has a list of jobs for the Diesel version - please do post them here?

Can someone post a link to the service/workshop manual of the Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI Please?

Last edited by Red Liner : 26th March 2018 at 17:25.

Most Viewed