Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2017, 11:48   #10636
Senior - BHPian

My right front suspension has suddenly started making noise and it sounds very much like the link rod issue that is quite common with the Figo.

On observing the car from underneath, I see the tie rod end boots are torn. Does this mean the tie rods ends also need to be changed? Is it ok to run the car like this for a couple of weeks?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1506320292917.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1506320308184.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1506320321879.jpg  

fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 12:43   #10637
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My right front suspension has suddenly started making noise and it sounds very much like the link rod issue that is quite common with the Figo.

On observing the car from underneath, I see the tie rod end boots are torn. Does this mean the tie rods ends also need to be changed? Is it ok to run the car like this for a couple of weeks?
My tie rod end Bushes are similar to yours, totally worn out. I was quoted 2.5k for each end from Ford ,this was way back in June (post GST prices).

I was told,don't know how true it is that I could drive until I start hearing uncommon noises since it's only the rubber bush that has detoriated,not the joint. The rubber part holds grease inside for lubrication,can be reapplied to prolong the usage. Wheel alignment can be still done even with the worn out rubber bush.

Hence I am still running the car without any fuss,but will change the rod ends from my FNG who is currently under renovation. He procures original parts from the Pune authorized dealer and his cheap labor prices and lack of Service tax brings the cost down vis Ford service.

Regards
rambo1o1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 15:11   #10638
BHPian

I am facing couple of issues with HU of my Figo. The back light in the HU is fused now, I think. All the buttons show backlight but the lcd screen back light is off. Secondly, the volume controller is not working correctly. The sound either goes very high or reduced to zero. It does not move in linear fashion. Where can I rectify these? I don't think dealership will be competent to work on the HU.
Old 27th September 2017, 15:26   #10639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
My tie rod end Bushes are similar to yours, totally worn out. I was quoted 2.5k for each end from Ford ,this was way back in June (post GST prices).

I was told,don't know how true it is that I could drive until I start hearing uncommon noises since it's only the rubber bush that has detoriated,not the joint. The rubber part holds grease inside for lubrication,can be reapplied to prolong the usage. Wheel alignment can be still done even with the worn out rubber bush.

Hence I am still running the car without any fuss,but will change the rod ends from my FNG who is currently under renovation. He procures original parts from the Pune authorized dealer and his cheap labor prices and lack of Service tax brings the cost down vis Ford service.

Regards
Got the link rods changed today and the noise has gone. Cost for both link rods is ~INR 1500, labour for fitting is INR 500 and taxes over this.

On the tie rod ends, I was told the same thing by the SA. Only the rubber boot is torn and the ball joint is still good. I can continue to use it like this till the ball joint itself wears out. So this looks like a common problem and isn't something to be worried about.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 21:07   #10640
BHPian

Friends, I am not able to open the doors of my Ford Figo Tdi Titanium (July 2011 make) either with the remote button on the key or manually by inserting the key into the driver side door key hole. I tried after replacing the battery in the remote key, but still it is not opening. It has been some time that I drove the car. Could it due to battery discharge, I cannot check the battery status because I cannot open the bonnet. What should I do?
Old 27th September 2017, 22:46   #10641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
Friends, I am not able to open the doors of my Ford Figo Tdi Titanium (July 2011 make) either with the remote button on the key or manually by inserting the key into the driver side door key hole. I tried after replacing the battery in the remote key, but still it is not opening. It has been some time that I drove the car. Could it due to battery discharge, I cannot check the battery status because I cannot open the bonnet. What should I do?
Put some WD-40 in the keyhole and try.
I am guessing pressing the boot release on the remote is showing the same result.
Old 30th September 2017, 10:28   #10642
BHPian

Quote:
Had a similar issue with my 2010 Figo, it's the lock mechanism that must be jammed most probably due to rust or dirt. Call RSA they will open it up in a minute.
Feedback given to me was to use the manual key regularly rather than just the remote.
Old 30th September 2017, 19:22   #10643
BHPian

Quote:
Even I had the same issue around 3 years back. I don't know the reason but the A.S.S changed all the locks under warranty and charged Rs.3300 for the remote key.

Point to be noted is that the battery was absolutely fine.
Old 11th October 2017, 00:10   #10644
BHPian

Off topic. A few days ahead of the long weekend, I had got my Figo D serviced as I had planned a weekend trip to Rameshwaram. During service engine oil was changed & this time I had opted for Motul semi synth 5w30 oil on the advice of the SA.Also read a few positive reviews on the product. Post the change I noticed that the engine was a lot more smoother & responsive. On the highway the engine seemed more relaxed & not stressed. Somehow I also felt the turbo kicking in earlier than usual & the turbo kick a little more prominent. Overall I felt the oil had a major role to play. Need to check if any change in FE within city. Just thought I should share. Anyone have similar experience ?
Old 11th October 2017, 10:17   #10645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Bluffed. If you want to check it yourself, go underneath the front axle and open the black coloured box.
Checked this again today. My car has a metal type bush that does not wear out. There are certain cars with the metal type bush that does not wear out while the majority have the rubber bush that wears out. Happy to check this out in person today after raising the car up.

Had taken my car for a check up after my routine service last month when the break pads were changed and there was a brake caliper sound emanating from the left side since last few days. The car was take in immediately and after a quick test drive the car was raised and the caliper pin tightened after dismantling and cleaning the whole assembly. The whole process took about an hour and I was out of the workshop on my way to office without any job cards opened and without any charges. Loving Ford service more and more with every passing year.

Last edited by bblost : 11th October 2017 at 16:24. Reason: as requested
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 15:29   #10646
BHPian

Hello friends
I am facing some issues with some knik knik sound from the engine bay when the car is idle and also in lower rpms. Is it the issue regarding any belt? And how much the belt costs and what is the regular replacement interval?
thanks in advance.
Old 16th October 2017, 15:44   #10647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Hello friends
I am facing some issues with some knik knik sound from the engine bay when the car is idle and also in lower rpms. Is it the issue regarding any belt? And how much the belt costs and what is the regular replacement interval?
thanks in advance.
Is it with the AC turned on? You do get clicking sound when the compressor turns on.

You can get the alternator belt checked from any mechanic as it is easy to check and less time consuming.
ks1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 13:27   #10648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Hello friends
thanks in advance.
Is it a slightly hissing tick tick sound that's heard parallel to the engine idle note? If yes, most probably it would be the injector bushes giving way and the resulting air leak. Please take your car immediately to the service center to rectify it. Should cost you around 2K for the repair.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 13:55   #10649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Its the same with my Figo as well. Did you finally replace them? If not we can do it together. By FNG you mean Bosch or Vasco guy
Old 19th October 2017, 19:24   #10650
BHPian

Hi guys. Need a little help/advise. Recently I had my wheels balanced, aligned & rotated. I noticed that rubber on tires were shredding. What I mean is they look like cuts. When I brought this to the notice of the people doing the alignment, they said that this was a normal occurrence with Michelin XM2’s & they had noticed this issue on a few cars. As per them the tyre has good life & there was no need to get tense. The tires are about 2 years & have done about 36K kms with just a single puncture. Quite frankly I don’t think ride quality has suffered. It’s still feels, however noise level seems to have increased a little. I’m posting a few photos.

Need urgent advise..
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-7949e8cb8f54411c87fb689b9dd53a1f.jpeg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-914a650dcf9442f392ceaf1391ae551a.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks