Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2017, 22:30   #10651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Hi guys. Need a little help/advise. Recently I had my wheels balanced, aligned & rotated. I noticed that rubber on tires were shredding. What I mean is they look like cuts.
The tires are about 2 years & have done about 36K kms with just a single puncture. Quite frankly I don’t think ride quality has suffered. It’s still feels, however noise level seems to have increased a little. I’m posting a few photos.

Need urgent advise..
36k Kms is good enough to replace the tires.
How many Kms has the car done as a total?
If >36k Kms, then the wear and tear is on expected lines, I am guess these were the front wheel tyres?

For safety sake, please change them soon.
Old 19th October 2017, 22:54   #10652
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Thanx for reply. The car has done about 75k in total. The stock pair came with Apollo aceleres which I changed at around 39k. They were just about ok.

Yes they were the front tires. Also should I stick with the XM2’s. Was thinking of moving to conti comfort5. Heard they are equally good if not better.
Old 20th October 2017, 01:52   #10653
BHPian

With much of the driving in the city and the occasional highway run. I was pretty happy with he stock MRF's.
I had upsized to 185 and IIRC they were Maxxis or Continental. (Can't remember).
Hated the upsize. Went back to the 175 with Apollo and quite satisfied with it.
We can't use the high performance tyres in our city usage.
Bear in mind the front is heavy if the Figo and get new tyres accordingly.
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:27   #10654
BHPian

DTE and fuel needle are not showing any change when i fill diesel with less quantity. Today i got the low fuel indicator chime at DTE 80 KM. Since my regular fuel station is near the office, i filled for Rs.200/- in a near by Shell outlet. But the DTE and the fuel needle is not showing any change. Is it normal when the fuel added is less? The DTE is 15 now, i am double minded on whether to fill in the near by fuel station tomorrow morning or drive to office which is around 30 Km.
Old 22nd October 2017, 20:42   #10655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
DTE and fuel needle are not showing any change when i fill diesel with less quantity. Today i got the low fuel indicator chime at DTE 80 KM.
Happened to me once. Filled up fuel only when the DTE was 35. The DTE kept decreasing and the needle didn't go up at all.

Then , filled 500 worth of diesel and then DTE went up by a number that was inclusive of the previous filled fuel. The fuel gauge sometimes get stuck when the amount of fuel is very low. Don't worry it's normal.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 23:29   #10656
BHPian

Finally went with the Yoko Earth 1 after much contemplation. Must admit they feel good, initial impressions. Went ahead after reading positive reviews on anther thread on Team-BHP. However was quite disappointed with the XM2.Got to know that lot people had similar issues with the XM2s. Although this is not part of this thread would like to highlight that this is not expected of such a premium brand. Now I feel that the Michelin’s are overrated.
Old 23rd October 2017, 07:28   #10657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
DTE and fuel needle are not showing any change when i fill diesel with less quantity. Today i got the low fuel indicator chime at DTE 80 KM. Since my regular fuel station is near the office, i filled for Rs.200/- in a near by Shell outlet. But the DTE and the fuel needle is not showing any change. Is it normal when the fuel added is less? The DTE is 15 now, i am double minded on whether to fill in the near by fuel station tomorrow morning or drive to office which is around 30 Km.
Happened once with our 2013 Figo, it turned out to be a loose connector. First of all get your car filled with a larger amount of fuel, if the DTE still don't show any change then get it checked. In worst case scenario it could be the sensing unit in the tank, in that case the whole pump unit would be changed(as i was told back then).

Last edited by EFF-EIGHT-BEE : 23rd October 2017 at 07:33.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 11:21   #10658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Happened to me once. Filled up fuel only when the DTE was 35. The DTE kept decreasing and the needle didn't go up at all.

Then , filled 500 worth of diesel and then DTE went up by a number that was inclusive of the previous filled fuel. The fuel gauge sometimes get stuck when the amount of fuel is very low. Don't worry it's normal.
Took the risk of driving the car after seeing your post. Drove for around 20 k.m. with DTE 0 and no issues. Done the tank fill and the DTE / Needle back to normal now.
Old 23rd October 2017, 22:45   #10659
BHPian

This Usually happened with me, when I hadn't taken out the keys from the ignition.
Now as a habit, I switch off the engine, take out the keys and watch the fuel meter.
Old 26th October 2017, 00:39   #10660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My right front suspension has suddenly started making noise and it sounds very much like the link rod issue that is quite common with the Figo.

On observing the car from underneath, I see the tie rod end boots are torn. Does this mean the tie rods ends also need to be changed? Is it ok to run the car like this for a couple of weeks?
I assume you have got the part from last pic changed. I think it is Tie rod end? If yes, can you post a bill copy asap? Have an appointment at Ford tomorrow and the estimate they gave mentions 'end spindle connecting rod'
Old 26th October 2017, 16:43   #10661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks1418 View Post
Is it with the AC turned on? You do get clicking sound when the compressor turns on.

You can get the alternator belt checked from any mechanic as it is easy to check and less time consuming.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Had been to the mechanic. My alternator bearing was damaged somehow. Had it repaired. Now its fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
Hi guys. Need a little help/advise. Recently I had my wheels balanced, aligned & rotated. I noticed that rubber on tires were shredding. What I mean is they look like cuts. When I brought this to the notice of the people doing the alignment, they said that this was a normal occurrence with Michelin XM2’s & they had noticed this issue on a few cars. As per them the tyre has good life & there was no need to get tense. The tires are about 2 years & have done about 36K kms with just a single puncture. Quite frankly I don’t think ride quality has suffered. It’s still feels, however noise level seems to have increased a little. I’m posting a few photos.

Need urgent advise..

I think you should look for a change in the tyres soon.
Normally this might happen if you drive through very rough patch of road.
However precaution is better than prevention.
Drive safe.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th October 2017 at 18:06. Reason: Merging consecutive posts.
Old 26th October 2017, 16:52   #10662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I assume you have got the part from last pic changed. I think it is Tie rod end? If yes, can you post a bill copy asap? Have an appointment at Ford tomorrow and the estimate they gave mentions 'end spindle connecting rod'
No, I only changed the link rods (vertical rod in the first picture). The tie rod ends were fine and it's just the rubber bushings that are cut. The SA said the ball joints are fine and there is no problem.

I don't have a copy of the bill with me now, but the link rods were around 1500 for a pair.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 17:56   #10663
BHPian

I am facing an issue with boot lock. The lock does not open in the first try, through button in the dashboard as well as button on the key. I have to try multiple times to get it open. Anyone has faces the issue? What was resolution?
Old 31st October 2017, 17:19   #10664
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have a Ford Figo requiring 70000 Kms servicing. For the last 2-3 times, the ASC of Fortune Ford in Hyderabad has not been doing a good job. Feedback does not seem to help much.

Is it recommended that I get the servicing done in any garage nearby?

If yes, can anyone recommend a service center in and around Gachibowli/hi-tech city/Manikonda areas?

I am not really positive to give Ford ASC another chance but if that is the only best bet, I will go there.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 31st October 2017, 18:28   #10665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Is it recommended that I get the servicing done in any garage nearby?
If yes, can anyone recommend a service center in and around Gachibowli/hi-tech city/Manikonda areas?
Hi - I can recommend a Ford ASC, where I have a known service advisor. He used to handle my Figo (1st Gen) and I was more than satisfied.
Mody Ford, Bowenpally. The guys name is Imran. You could give him my reference (Raghavan).
RaghuChn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks