Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2014, 18:59   #9151
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
The steering column mounted audio controls can only be used for changing tracks, adjusting the volume & scanning FM radio frequencies.

A call can be accepted & rejected only via the button on the head unit. Its not a deal breaker I believe, as once you get used to it, its really easy.

Also as Vid has stated, the audio controls may not be very user friendly at the beginning, but once you figure which finger of the left hand you are comfortable to use, it really makes no difference.

And below are the answers for your requirements, hope it helps.

Power Mirrors - Both ZXI & titanium variants have them
Power Windows - Power windows only on the front doors, rear are manual.
Bluetooth - Available on previous models as well, I believe all Figos with OEM HU have bluetooth.
Steering-mounted audio & phone controls - Late 2012 & any model from 2013 will have them, only audio controls are steering mounted, phone controls through head unit only.
Rear Washer/wiper - 2011 ZXI will have rear wash & wiper, but post that only Titanium variant has rear wash & wiper
ABS - Any year will do, but available only on the Titanium variant though
Airbags - Any year will do, but available only on the Titanium variant though
Height-adjustable seat (at least driver's seat if not both front seats) - Late 2012 & any model from 2013 will have them, but restricted to the Titanium variant
Air-Conditioning that really works (I like it to be virtually freezing inside the car please) - Any year will do, Figo has the beast A/C in a hatch, period.

Only Figos (Titanium) post late 2012 will be a good choice.
Venkat, thank you, this level of detail is exactly what I was hoping for. Very kind of you.

And yes, I am only considering the Titanium variant for all the reasons you and others have mentioned before.

Re. steering controls, thanks for the clarification about phone vs. audio - I was not aware of this. This kind of makes me do a re-think.

So, Venkat, based on this new tidbit I suppose your car could be back in the running for me . As I mentioned earlier, it does look beautiful and well cared-for. However, as I mentioned earlier, I shall be moving back to India only close to the end of May this year, so I do not expect your car will stay un-sold until then.

And yes, I forgot to mention that I was aware that only the front windows are powered (very odd actually!), but that makes no difference to me since the back seat will never be occupied!

Thanks again, gents, and cheers
Old 14th March 2014, 19:33   #9152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
So, Venkat, based on this new tidbit I suppose your car could be back in the running for me . As I mentioned earlier, it does look beautiful and well cared-for. However, as I mentioned earlier, I shall be moving back to India only close to the end of May this year, so I do not expect your car will stay un-sold until then.
Are you confused with me and Venkat? Cause Venkat is in hyderabad and I'm sure is not looking at selling his car yet.
Old 14th March 2014, 19:36   #9153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Are you confused with me and Venkat? Cause Venkat is in hyderabad and I'm sure is not looking at selling his car yet.
My apologies Vid, you're right, it's YOUR car that's in B'lore. Sorry.

Cheers
Old 15th March 2014, 11:42   #9154
BHPian

Quote:
Just not yet Vid, I am still not done with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Venkat, thank you, this level of detail is exactly what I was hoping for. Very kind of you.

At TBhp help is never far away. If I get bored with her by May (unlikely though) I will for sure let you know.
Old 15th March 2014, 20:28   #9155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, how much does alignment & balancing cost for the Figo ? Here in Chennai the independent tyre shops are quoting 1300 for this. Is this the rate ? It looks like having it done at the dealer would have been cheaper.
It costed me Rs.1100/- for doing both wheel alignment and balancing in a MRF authorized local place in Tambaram couple of months back.
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 17:39   #9156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, how much does alignment & balancing cost for the Figo ? Here in Chennai the independent tyre shops are quoting 1300 for this. Is this the rate ? It looks like having it done at the dealer would have been cheaper.
Usually the alignment cost is Rs. 300 with 2 more free check ups at 2000km and next at 5000km from the first check.
Balancing varies from shop to shop from 150-200 per tyre.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 18:35   #9157
BHPian

Recently my Figo Diesel showed 'Engine hot' warning twice. Car was running with full AC for about 30 mins before the warning came. Switched off the engine for few mins and then switched on and the warning is gone. Coolant level is correct. Not sure whats the issue. Will take her to ASC tomorrow and check.
Old 17th March 2014, 20:40   #9158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Recently my Figo Diesel showed 'Engine hot' warning twice. Car was running with full AC for about 30 mins before the warning came. Switched off the engine for few mins and then switched on and the warning is gone. Coolant level is correct. Not sure whats the issue. Will take her to ASC tomorrow and check.
Most likely cooling fan is not working. Please do not ignore and get it looked at ASAP. Could be due to a blown fuse. This I think is one issue many Figo owners have faced. We got this issue long back in my Dad's TDCi and was sorted out by changing fuse as well as fan motor couplers.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 17th March 2014 at 20:43.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 09:49   #9159
BHPian

Quote:
Better to monitor the temperature by getting to diagnostic mode before starting engine. From my observation, the engine temperature varies from 83 - 85 degrees based on speed and traffic. It takes about 10 minutes to reach that 83-85 level and then it stays there.
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 10:10   #9160
BHPian

Quote:
In response to arch Angel in the intermittent wiper in figo. It's 6 speed in mine. Was this changed later on?
It was a goof up on my part . Actually i didn't look thoroughly and hence when i did look, i saw the numbering only till 4 and hence was confused. I did look sometime back and found it numbered till 6. Thanks for the pic as well
Old 18th March 2014, 16:10   #9161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Most likely cooling fan is not working.
Does this fan operate only when the engine or coolant goes above some threshold temperature? How do i verify if the fan is working or not?
Old 18th March 2014, 17:16   #9162
BHPian

Quote:
Does this fan operate only when the engine or coolant goes above some threshold temperature? How do i verify if the fan is working or not?
Switch on the AC. The fan should start. If it doesn't then there is a blown fuse.
Diesel lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 21:53   #9163
BHPian

Hello guys need an urgent advice, out figo was on its reserve fuel(just above red bar on gauge) and I refilled 19 litres of diesel(RS 1000). The problem is that the fuel meter and the DTE are not registering any sort of changes after the refuel! Its still showing near red zone. What could be the problem? and also we have to make a long trip in the morning, is it safe to take car out like this?
Old 18th March 2014, 22:39   #9164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hello guys need an urgent advice, out figo was on its reserve fuel(just above red bar on gauge) and I refilled 19 litres of diesel(RS 1000). The problem is that the fuel meter and the DTE are not registering any sort of changes after the refuel! Its still showing near red zone. What could be the problem? and also we have to make a long trip in the morning, is it safe to take car out like this?
I had a similar issue during the last refill in my Figo. Even after getting full tank done, the fuel needle was still stuck at the original place. I noticed this as soon as I came out of the petrol pump. I drove for a km and found the needle was inching forward. Then I decided not to go to the pump and give it time. The next day, I noticed that the needle was indicating full tank.

Not sure what the issue is. Could it be that there is some issue with the fuel indicator unit?
Old 19th March 2014, 17:26   #9165
BHPian

Hi,

Yesterday I went to get the Pollution Certificate for my 1.4 Figo Diesel. The HSU showed high value of around 48(although limit is of 65, but it should ideally be around 20). What could be the reason? And what needs to be done to have this under control? What is HSU? I just recently had my 50k service.

Please advise.

Last edited by dhinchak : 19th March 2014 at 17:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks