Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 01:33   #9211
BHPian

Another question on Figo head unit. How does one reject a call on the headunit. One way is to switch it off, however is there another way?

MaSh

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 11th April 2014, 06:21   #9212
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Another question on Figo head unit. How does one reject a call on the headunit. One way is to switch it off, however is there another way?

MaSh

Keep holding the accept button for more than 5 secs, the call will get rejected.
limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 20:20   #9213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Keep holding the accept button for more than 5 secs, the call will get rejected.

Ohhh is it? I tried double pressing and all but never holding it. Thank you so much, will try it out soon.

MaSh

Old 12th April 2014, 22:11   #9214
Senior - BHPian

While lounging in the AC room at Mody Ford this afternoon, when my Fiesta was availing the free summer camp, I happened to hear an argument between an elderly customer and the S.A. When I asked the customer for details, he said his 40 K run Figo tdci Titanium developed some issue with the engine block that was causing engine oil level to drop often, and causing lot of smoke from the exhaust.

He said both the dealer and Ford India were denying his warranty claim becuase he'd not availed the 20 K service. He said he was living at Ongole and the nearest Ford dealer was 125 kms away, so it was not possible for him.But a few months later, he brought the car to Hyderabad and got it serviced with 37 K on the odo. At that point of time, he had faced the issue with engine oil warning light. So he says he topped up with engine oil and drove till Hyderabad for the car service.

I believe he was told it was a turbo charger issue. His warrantly claim was denied owing to the reason given above, and he had to shell out 20 K INR. He says Ford India did not bother to respond to his emails. But a few days later, he faced the same issues with oil level dropping and smoke from exhaust. So with 40 K on the odo, he drove to Hyderabad again a few days back. He was now told that it could be an engine block issue and that the needed to open the engine to diagnose, and that it could cost him more than 1.5 lakhs!!

I wonder if any other Figo owner faced an issue like this, and whether Ford can legally deny warranty for missing the 20 K service.
Old 13th April 2014, 00:04   #9215
BHPian

Somehow, this looks like a mess up at the customer's end. If there was smoke and oil level dipping, it sounds like a gasket failure or piston ring / piston failure. Servicing your car at recommended interval will go a long way in ensuring such things don't happen and even if they do, the customer can fight it out with the company. I suspect this guy drove around with a failed gasket / ring / piston for too long a time. Trying to justify it now with the excuse of being far awY may not work.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 00:05   #9216
BHPian

I had a scary experience yesterday. I was driving down from Udupi to Kannur late evening. After some 80-90kms, suddenly the gear stick felt lifeless, with absolutely no feel and I couldn't change any gear. As it was a check post, I had slowed down and was in first gear and car was stuck in that gear. Luckily, it happened in front of a mechanic's shop. This guy with call support from Cauvery Ford 24hrs assistance found out that some linkage in the gear cable had come off due to a worn bush. He managed to effect a temporary solution for me to continue. Today, I got the bush replaced at PVS ford in Kannur.
There were no warning symptoms. Preventive maintenance doesn't check these bushes I guess. I hope there are no more such bushes to wear out and give me "stranded in the night" experiences
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 09:41   #9217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
While lounging in the AC room at Mody Ford this afternoon, when my Fiesta was availing the free summer camp...

What summer camp? What is it about? Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 10:28   #9218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Somehow, this looks like a mess up at the customer's end. If there was smoke and oil level dipping, it sounds like a gasket failure or piston ring / piston failure. Servicing your car at recommended interval will go a long way in ensuring such things don't happen and even if they do, the customer can fight it out with the company. I suspect this guy drove around with a failed gasket / ring / piston for too long a time. Trying to justify it now with the excuse of being far awY may not work.
I don't have the complete picture. But I did tell him that warranty can become an issue if servicing is not done at prescribed intervals, though I did feel sad for him. His son (who mostly drives the car) said that they had taken EW too. He also said there was power loss at times, but his dad said that only E Oil and smoke were the issues, and that he could drive at 120 kmph to Hyd from Ongole, without any issues.

Another senior S.A. I spoke to later said his air filter was jammed, and he continued to use it after that, which could have caused the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
What summer camp? What is it about? Thanks
They had it from 9th to 12th April for free check up of AC, oils, coolant, brake pads, and a free exterior body wash. No charges, unless something had to be topped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I had a scary experience yesterday. I was driving down from Udupi to Kannur late evening. After some 80-90kms, suddenly the gear stick felt lifeless, with absolutely no feel and I couldn't change any gear. As it was a check post, I had slowed down and was in first gear and car was stuck in that gear. Luckily, it happened in front of a mechanic's shop. This guy with call support from Cauvery Ford 24hrs assistance found out that some linkage in the gear cable had come off due to a worn bush. He managed to effect a temporary solution for me to continue. Today, I got the bush replaced at PVS ford in Kannur.
There were no warning symptoms. Preventive maintenance doesn't check these bushes I guess. I hope there are no more such bushes to wear out and give me "stranded in the night" experiences
Very scary indeed. Seems to be a one-off case. Do share more details when you get them.
Old 13th April 2014, 17:30   #9219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Hi
Seems to be a common problem with figo's.certainly quality part is lacking from ford.Eventhough it's a small bush and changing hardly takes 1 min,break down is bound to happen.In my case Gear shifting cable bush was changed around 86k,luckily this happened during day time and in the suburbs of bangalore.Got road side assistance from cauvery ford.Ideally ford should change this bush as a part of preventive maintanence.
Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 21:45   #9220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Very scary indeed. Seems to be a one-off case. Do share more details when you get them.
If you look at the underside, on its left side, there is this black box

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_4871.jpg

It is a plastic box with clips which can be opened

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_4875.jpg

That is the bush in question, which needed to be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Hi
Seems to be a common problem with figo's.certainly quality part is lacking from ford.In my case Gear shifting cable bush was changed around 86k,
Mine occurred at 58k. I thought mine might have been one off case, but interesting to see you too suffered the same. Figo's problems are consistent across different cars. Rattles & squeaks originate in the same places, discs screech and then cars stall and now this?. To me this points to some serious slips in Ford's quality monitoring. I dont think low cost is the only culprit. My previous Alto ran for 1,15,000kms over 8years without any scary stalling or lifeless gear problems. It never gave up when it was running.
To top it, while coming back today in the afternoon sun, the AC just konked off for half hour or so and then automatically came back to life. This has happened earlier too but never for half an hour. I had shown this to the service centre, but they couldnt identify any problem.
While I am thrilled with its dynamics and steering feel,my confidence in Ford is seriously dented after this episode. Coupled with a service centre which is 60km away, I would seriously consider moving away from Ford when I buy my next car. A Honda or Toyota, maybe. I dont want to be stranded somewhere on the road
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 09:04   #9221
Senior - BHPian

My Figo is slowly showing its age after 3.5 years.

I managed to arrest all the squeaks and creaks till date and a new one cropped up few days ago.
Funny thing being that it is not the usual dashboard or seat creak. It happens when accelerating
and de-accelerating and it is a low creaking from the centre of the dash and even more weird, it happens when in gear only and not when revving in neutral , irrespective of car moving or not.

Wondering if it is related to the clutch .

Once I had got my AC system serviced and gas topped up, seems the engine is become rougher and working harder. Now the pick up when the AC cuts off is much more than it was.

Any inputs or owners who have experienced the same?

Last edited by tharian : 15th April 2014 at 09:06.
Old 15th April 2014, 12:41   #9222
BHPian

Any one have any info about the normal working temperature of the Figo 1.2L engine?

Mine seems to be running a bit hotter at 87 C. The reading was taken from the "test" mode in head up display. The air temperature was 25C(morning).

Is the engine running too hot ? I wanted to see whether this is causing my AC to be shutting down often!
Old 15th April 2014, 12:45   #9223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Once I had got my AC system serviced and gas topped up, seems the engine is become rougher and working harder. Now the pick up when the AC cuts off is much more than it was.

With out AC, the 1.2L engine is so much torquey after 2000 rpm.
Old 15th April 2014, 14:31   #9224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Any one have any info about the normal working temperature of the Figo 1.2L engine?

Mine seems to be running a bit hotter at 87 C. The reading was taken from the "test" mode in head up display. The air temperature was 25C(morning).

Is the engine running too hot ? I wanted to see whether this is causing my AC to be shutting down often!
That is the normal operating temp and nothing to worry about.

AC shutting down is a known issue with the Figo. Different work arounds and fixes are available if you check back a few pages.
Old 16th April 2014, 11:15   #9225
BHPian

Folks, need your help on this. Early morning when I crank the Figo, the engine oil indicator stays on for like 2-3 seconds after the engine is running. This happens only during a cold start.

Should I go to the service center for getting it checked, or is it normal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks