Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 11:43   #9181
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
This is a known issue with Figo. Happens with most cars. I had the same issue where a/c used to cut-off frequently. Took it to the SC where they replaced the thermister. This has resolved the issue.
I recommend you do the same as the SC guys are aware of this particular issue and will fix it up for you within a few hours.
Are you aware of the cost involved? Is this really expensive or covered under some FSA(Field Service Action)?
Old 24th March 2014, 11:53   #9182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Are you aware of the cost involved? Is this really expensive or covered under some FSA(Field Service Action)?
It was covered under warranty and will be covered under extended warranty as well, i.e. if you have one. I'm not sure of the cost though. Will check with the SA and let you know. I'm currently at the SC Ford service center so will inquire and revert.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 18:39   #9183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The fog lamp price depends on what year your Figo is from. Early 2010 models you need to pay 4.5K for the fog lamp kit as it has the lights as well as the new headlamp switch which is 2.5K alone.

Later on in 2011, they added the new switch that had provision for fog lights so you need to pay only 2K for the lights since you don't need the switch.
Neither the switch nor the wiring has changed. The initial fog lamp kits came with the switch, post 2011, the kit comes with lamps only.
I have a dec 2010 model. I bought the fog lamps for 4.5K but only fitted the lamps without disturbing the switch. Infact the switch has provision for reverse fog lamps (a la Fusion) too but am not sure if the wiring is in place.
Old 24th March 2014, 18:42   #9184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Neither the switch nor the wiring has changed. The initial fog lamp kits came with the switch, post 2011, the kit comes with lamps only.
I have a dec 2010 model. I bought the fog lamps for 4.5K but only fitted the lamps without disturbing the switch. Infact the switch has provision for reverse fog lamps (a la Fusion) too but am not sure if the wiring is in place.
My car did not come with provision for fog lamps in the switch i.e. I could not pull the switch to turn on the fog lamps. Mine is Sep 2010.

2-3 months later the service centre showed price list as 2K for fog lamps. I asked why such a huge reduction which is when he told me that newer Figos have the switch with fog lamp option so cost is lesser. If an older figo comes for fog lamp fitting they still charge 4.5K.
Old 24th March 2014, 18:54   #9185
Senior - BHPian

I stand corrected. When installing fog lamps in my car, the tech just fixed the lamps. In the box the new switch was still there. I brought it away with me.
I guess the company keeps making these small changes.
Old 24th March 2014, 20:35   #9186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hello guys need an urgent advice, out figo was on its reserve fuel(just above red bar on gauge) and I refilled 19 litres of diesel(RS 1000). The problem is that the fuel meter and the DTE are not registering any sort of changes after the refuel! Its still showing near red zone. What could be the problem? and also we have to make a long trip in the morning, is it safe to take car out like this?
Update-
Took the car today at Ford's service center and the diagnosed the problem. Apparently the float in the fuel tank was malfunctioning and was not sending proper signal so that was changed under warranty. It was quite disheartening to have such a problem in 6 month old car. The service center guys did a wonderful job, the part was not in stock buy was promptly brought from another city which took half day and the car was delivered in evening.
Old 24th March 2014, 21:02   #9187
BHPian

My figo's volume button acts strange. Even if I increase it, volume goes down and then suddenly erratically goes up...has any one faced this issue?
Old 24th March 2014, 21:29   #9188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
My figo's volume button acts strange. Even if I increase it, volume goes down and then suddenly erratically goes up...has any one faced this issue?
I have faced the same, but its not erratic.

Perhaps, it has to do with speed sensing volume controls. In your settings you have an option of 'Sensitivity' like Low, Medium, DX (something like that). Mine is set to the highest, hence the volume would change sensing the speed.

Do you have the issue when you suddenly increase or decrease the speed suddenly? If Yes, then you know why is it happening.

If No, see the garage
Old 24th March 2014, 21:32   #9189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I have been having the same problem with the ICE - volume button is very erratic and seems to have a mind of its own. Haven't bothered with doing anything about it yet though
Old 24th March 2014, 22:07   #9190
BANNED

True, I've face the same issue time and again ! I assume it's related to the speed volume control mechanism, because if you notice, this would happen when the car is moving.
Old 25th March 2014, 07:21   #9191
BHPian

My first suspicion was on the speed volume and I turned it off. However the problem still continues.

Based on the posts above, looks like a common problem. Wary of going to the ASC, as my car is out of warranty. Nevertheless will ask them next time.
Old 25th March 2014, 09:09   #9192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Whenever you spot a reduction in gas, the first thing you should do is check for leaks in the line. Else, the refilled gas too will leak away.
Had a similar problem with my A-Star which was solved with a gas refill, so thought i'll try the same on the Figo. But this time it didn't work. Got to take it to the ASS soon.
Old 25th March 2014, 21:58   #9193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Clean the ac condensor first. It gets pretty clogged up with dust and this can happen. Also check the gas level, and if found low, check for less and top up.
Do you mean the condenser (the coils that is there with radiator in front that dissipates the heat) or the evaporator (the one that is cool and sits near the blower fan)

If you meant is condenser, it is clean from the looks. Also used to pressure wash it once in a while with a mild jet. So the overheating part can also be ruled out.

Seems like should take it to the service center!

Last edited by Sedate : 25th March 2014 at 22:05.
Old 28th March 2014, 14:00   #9194
BHPian

I guess this problem has been mentioned before.
My Figo horn has gone crazy. Seems to have a mind of its own. It decided not to work at times and thankfully for me has worked when i really needed it. In any case, its scary since many a times i need to be extra cautious than required..

Any inputs as to why this happens?? Yet to take it to the ASC since the last time i decided to go, the horn started working normally just as i reached the place!!
Old 28th March 2014, 18:04   #9195
BANNED

My car's done 54000 + kms, Got the disc brake pads changed today at Delhi Ford, Vasant Kunj. Total expense was Rs 1750/- for parts only as labour charges were nil due to a summer campaign running for past 3 days. The SA informed me that the front right shocker is leaking and needs replacement, cost was Rs 2500/-. I said fine, but changed my mind later since he also mentioned (around 15 minutes later) that both the front shocks would need replacement for best feel and suggested dynamics, taking the cost to Rs 5000/- !

Not sure whether this is correct and if the price is right, request forum members to help, please !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks