Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2014, 15:16   #9136
BHPian

Re: Figo Titanium, 2010 to 2014 features comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The ZXi lost the 5/6 speed intermittent wipers, the rear wash wipe and rear defogger after a few months.

Also, remember that the Titanium variants have larger diameter front discs resulting in better braking vs lower trims.
The larger front disc was one of the reason why I had chose the titanium over the ZXI.

Also the ZXI has a rear defogger, I believe it only lost the rear wash wipe & the 5/6 speed intermittent wipers.
Old 12th March 2014, 15:35   #9137
BHPian

Quote:
The ZXi lost the 5/6 speed intermittent wipers, the rear wash wipe and rear defogger after a few months.

Also, remember that the Titanium variants have larger diameter front discs resulting in better braking vs lower trims.
The ZXI has the rear defogger, it only lost the rear wash/wipe & the 5/6 speed intermittent wipers.

Also the Figo has "Smart Programmable Keyless Entry". Just found this out that the key can be programmed to open all four doors or just the drivers door. Below is the procedure.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-key.jpg  

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 12th March 2014 at 15:41.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 15:53   #9138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
The ZXI has the rear defogger, it only lost the rear wash/wipe & the 5/6 speed intermittent wipers.
The zxi never had 5/6 speed intermittent wiper motor. I have a March 2010 zxi model and it does not have this feature.
Diesel lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 18:26   #9139
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@Diesel Lover: You are right about the wipers. The Zxi also had electrically adjustible ORVM, which was removed.
Old 12th March 2014, 20:37   #9140
BHPian

Quote:
Bluetooth, ABS and airbags have been available on the Titanium variants from Day one. Any model even early 2010 will have these 3.

PS: Which city are you looking at? If Bangalore then mine is up for sale.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ord/Figo.html/
Thanks again Vid. Yes, it is Bangalore I am looking at, but I am afraid I shall be moving to Bangalore only in the end of May, so I shall not be able to do anything about this until then.

Also, would your model have the rear windshield washer/wiper?

And oh, I just read Venkat's response re. steering-wheel-mounted audio controls! Ah hell, I guess that means your car (it looks beautiful by the way) is out of the running :(

Quote:
The steering column mounted audio controls were introduced in the face-lift model I believe. That would be late 2012 to early 2013 models.
Thank you Venkat

I guess it would be easier for everyone here if I just outlined my non-negotiable features and then it would be easier for people to tell me which model years I could look at; so here goes:

Power Mirrors
Power Windows
Bluetooth
Steering-mounted audio & phone controls
Rear Washer/wiper
Power mirrors
ABS
Airbags
Height-adjustable seat (at least driver's seat if not both front seats)
Air-Conditioning that really works (I like it to be virtually freezing inside the car please)

Cheers
Old 12th March 2014, 20:57   #9141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Also, would your model have the rear windshield washer/wiper?

And oh, I just read Venkat's response re. steering-wheel-mounted audio controls! Ah hell, I guess that means your car (it looks beautiful by the way) is out of the running :(

I guess it would be easier for everyone here if I just outlined my non-negotiable features and then it would be easier for people to tell me which model years I could look at; so here goes:

Power Mirrors
Power Windows
Bluetooth
Steering-mounted audio & phone controls
Rear Washer/wiper
Power mirrors
ABS
Airbags
Height-adjustable seat (at least driver's seat if not both front seats)
Air-Conditioning that really works (I like it to be virtually freezing inside the car please)

Cheers
Mine does have the rear wind shield wiper an defogger.

I hope you know the steering mounted controls are actually behind the steering and are not that intuitive to use. Also, a couple of guys have found it fouling with their knees if they keep their feet straight when on the highway.

From all the above features you mentioned, the steering controls will be only for cars which are from late 2012 and 2013 onwards. This will narrow your search considerably.
Old 12th March 2014, 21:05   #9142
BHPian

Thanks again Vid. Yes I am aware the audio controls are the ones that were available in Europe and North America about a decade ago

I actually was in India in December and test-drove a Titanium Diesel. The Figo was the only car I test-drove because of all the great reviews I read here on TBHP.

I need the steering-audio and phone controls because most of the time it will be just me in the car, and I do not want to be distracted by having to look around for the "skip" button or "Answer" or "hang-up" button in the middle console while driving. If I had to do that, I may as well forego Bluetooth and connect my iPhone by the aux cable and control everything from my phone while driving! It's no difference, is it?

Cheers
Old 12th March 2014, 21:42   #9143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Thanks again Vid. Yes I am aware the audio controls are the ones that were available in Europe and North America about a decade ago

I actually was in India in December and test-drove a Titanium Diesel. The Figo was the only car I test-drove because of all the great reviews I read here on TBHP.

I need the steering-audio and phone controls because most of the time it will be just me in the car, and I do not want to be distracted by having to look around for the "skip" button or "Answer" or "hang-up" button in the middle console while driving. If I had to do that, I may as well forego Bluetooth and connect my iPhone by the aux cable and control everything from my phone while driving! It's no difference, is it?

Cheers
The steering column mounted audio controls can only be used for changing tracks, adjusting the volume & scanning FM radio frequencies.

A call can be accepted & rejected only via the button on the head unit. Its not a deal breaker I believe, as once you get used to it, its really easy.

Also as Vid has stated, the audio controls may not be very user friendly at the beginning, but once you figure which finger of the left hand you are comfortable to use, it really makes no difference.

And below are the answers for your requirements, hope it helps.

Power Mirrors - Both ZXI & titanium variants have them
Power Windows - Power windows only on the front doors, rear are manual.
Bluetooth - Available on previous models as well, I believe all Figos with OEM HU have bluetooth.
Steering-mounted audio & phone controls - Late 2012 & any model from 2013 will have them, only audio controls are steering mounted, phone controls through head unit only.
Rear Washer/wiper - 2011 ZXI will have rear wash & wiper, but post that only Titanium variant has rear wash & wiper
ABS - Any year will do, but available only on the Titanium variant though
Airbags - Any year will do, but available only on the Titanium variant though
Height-adjustable seat (at least driver's seat if not both front seats) - Late 2012 & any model from 2013 will have them, but restricted to the Titanium variant
Air-Conditioning that really works (I like it to be virtually freezing inside the car please) - Any year will do, Figo has the beast A/C in a hatch, period.

Only Figos (Titanium) post late 2012 will be a good choice.

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 12th March 2014 at 21:56.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 10:10   #9144
BHPian

Quote:
Also the Figo has "Smart Programmable Keyless Entry". Just found this out that the key can be programmed to open all four doors or just the drivers door. Below is the procedure.
After enabling the single door unlock, i have one issue. When i want to unlock all the doors from side (when i need to open for gate security check at office), i am not able to do that through the driver side door open latch. Now it opens only the driver door. I have to reach to other door individually to open. Earlier, when i open the drive door, all the other doors also opened. Is there any way to open all the doors from inside when the single lock is enabled?
Old 13th March 2014, 12:18   #9145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
After enabling the single door unlock, i have one issue. When i want to unlock all the doors from side (when i need to open for gate security check at office), i am not able to do that through the driver side door open latch. Now it opens only the driver door. I have to reach to other door individually to open. Earlier, when i open the drive door, all the other doors also opened. Is there any way to open all the doors from inside when the single lock is enabled?
Switch off the engine. It is the only way
Old 13th March 2014, 12:40   #9146
Team-BHP Support

In response to arch Angel in the intermittent wiper in figo. It's 6 speed in mine. Was this changed later on?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1394694577594.jpg  

Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 18:26   #9147
Senior - BHPian

@Venkat_figo: My 2010 Zxi has height adjustable driver seat. I think you meant tilt steering.
@Vid6639: 6 speed wiper was there in Titanium only. Not sure if they discontinued it.
Old 14th March 2014, 14:06   #9148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Nope, once the single door lock/unlock option is activated, you need to manually open the other 3 doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@Venkat_figo: My 2010 Zxi has height adjustable driver seat. I think you meant tilt steering.
@Vid6639: 6 speed wiper was there in Titanium only. Not sure if they discontinued it.
Thanks for pointing it out, I actually meant the height adjustable seats. As in the current yr model the ZXi does not feature the below 3. The tilt steering is present in the current yr model (ZXi).

Driver Seat Height Adjust
Electrically Adjustable Outside Mirrors
6 Speed Variable Intermittent Front Wipers
Old 14th March 2014, 16:22   #9149
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how much does alignment & balancing cost for the Figo ? Here in Chennai the independent tyre shops are quoting 1300 for this. Is this the rate ? It looks like having it done at the dealer would have been cheaper.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 14th March 2014 at 16:24.
Old 14th March 2014, 18:34   #9150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, how much does alignment & balancing cost for the Figo ? Here in Chennai the independent tyre shops are quoting 1300 for this. Is this the rate ? It looks like having it done at the dealer would have been cheaper.

In Hyderabad got the alignment & balancing for 450 a month ago. Got it done from a trusted guy.

1300 seems a tad expensive, but that could be the standard in Chennai. Anyways you may want to check with a couple of other tyre shops.

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 14th March 2014 at 18:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks