Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:31   #8986
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I got my 10k Service done at Cauvery Ford.
Complaints I had were as follows:
1. Hissing noise from the front wheels while going over bumps, off late
2. Slightly hard gear lever
3. Front Tires constantly losing pressure

Got and estimation of 3,300/- approx. Got the car the same day Final Bill 3,002/-

Breakup is as follows:
Labour: 720
Parts: 1915
Tax: 88+277

Part that were changed:
1. Gasket
2. Wash Fluid Pouch
3, Oil Filter
4. Engine Oil
5. Stickwt
They also replaced the Actuator of the Right Rear Door FOC, as they said that the door would not open with the remote.
I vividly remember this problem earlier but last I checked it was working fine, so dont know what happened there. Now it is still not working i.e. after the replacement. The guys have asked me to drop my car on Thu/Fri for a further checkup.

Are the expenses in line with the norm?
Old 22nd January 2014, 16:44   #8987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
I know a couple of guys in Hyd, will check with them & let you know. In case you wanna know, do check out the store on Minister Road, the shop name is "Car Jewel".

Be sure to bargain though, also there is a shop a few hundred mts from my place, will check with & let you know.
Hi Venkat. Waiting for your inputs. I thought of going to Minister Road today, but dropped the idea owing to some roads being blocked for the NGO's strike.
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:39   #8988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hi Venkat. Waiting for your inputs. I thought of going to Minister Road today, but dropped the idea owing to some roads being blocked for the NGO's strike.
The guy near my place opens up after I leave for office & by the time I return home he closes shop.

Will update you by this weekend, should be able to check out by this Saturday. And I may go for the wheel alignment & balancing this weekend, so should be able to check at minister road as well.

Edit - Called up the Car Jewel guy, he said there is no stock at the moment, will check with the guy near my place & confirm. Also if I am going to Minister road (before you do) I will check out.

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 22nd January 2014 at 18:47.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:44   #8989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guy near my place opens up after I leave for office & by the time I return home he closes shop.

Will update you by this weekend, should be able to check out by this Saturday. And I may go for the wheel alignment & balancing this weekend, so should be able to check at minister road as well.
I called up Vibrant Ford at Sanatnagar after getting their number on the internet. Surprisingly the spare parts guy said they do have stock and each alloy wheel cap for the Fiesta costs Rs 250. This is a stark contrast from the quote given to my pal by Mody Ford, which was as high as 1200 a piece!

This seems too good to be true. I plan to check it out in the next couple of days. I hope that guy has not got mixed up on the part we wanted.
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:22   #8990
BHPian

Quote:
I called up Vibrant Ford at Sanatnagar after getting their number on the internet. Surprisingly the spare parts guy said they do have stock and each alloy wheel cap for the Fiesta costs Rs 250. This is a stark contrast from the quote given to my pal by Mody Ford, which was as high as 1200 a piece!

This seems too good to be true. I plan to check it out in the next couple of days. I hope that guy has not got mixed up on the part we wanted.
I think the confusion is due to mis-understanding of part in question here. 250 per piece is alloy wheel centre cap. 1200 per piece is for full wheel cover for steel rims.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:45   #8991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I think the confusion is due to mis-understanding of part in question here. 250 per piece is alloy wheel centre cap. 1200 per piece is for full wheel cover for steel rims.
Perhaps, but even I spoke to Mody Ford after my pal. I described it in detail.
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:51   #8992
Senior - BHPian

Guys

If you see me brimming with joy today, you know why! I visited Vibrant Ford at Sanat Nagar this morning, and got two alloy wheel caps fixed on my Fiesta for a price of Rs 348!! Yes, each piece costs Rs 174 only.

I inquired and found out that even the bluish ones on the Figo Titanium are priced similarly. Now I am really relieved! I wonder why that ridiculous figure of 1200 per piece was quoted earlier over phone. That made me ask the service advisor if they were made of gold!

I'd called Car Jewel earlier, and they don't stock wheel caps. They asked me to contact Ashoka Wheels, which I did. Ashoka guy said they don't stock Ford wheel caps, but generic ones,which cost Rs 250 a piece.

Thought of posting this as even Figo owners might benefit from this information. I've asked my colleague to visit Vibrant Ford for his wheel caps.
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:10   #8993
BHPian

My figo is almost 4 years old (May 2010) and has done 55000 km. Recently I noticed some pitting in the bonnet and the driver side door. Left unattended, it will start rusting quite fast. What is to be done. Is it normal in a 4 year old car
Old 23rd January 2014, 17:28   #8994
BHPian

Quote:
Guys

If you see me brimming with joy today, you know why! I visited Vibrant Ford at Sanat Nagar this morning, and got two alloy wheel caps fixed on my Fiesta for a price of Rs 348!! Yes, each piece costs Rs 174 only.

I inquired and found out that even the bluish ones on the Figo Titanium are priced similarly. Now I am really relieved! I wonder why that ridiculous figure of 1200 per piece was quoted earlier over phone. That made me ask the service advisor if they were made of gold!

I'd called Car Jewel earlier, and they don't stock wheel caps. They asked me to contact Ashoka Wheels, which I did. Ashoka guy said they don't stock Ford wheel caps, but generic ones,which cost Rs 250 a piece.

Thought of posting this as even Figo owners might benefit from this information. I've asked my colleague to visit Vibrant Ford for his wheel caps.
Great, in case I too need to change or replace them, will visit Vibrant Ford. Also did the service advisor quote how much does the wheel cap (not the alloy wheel cap) cost?
Old 23rd January 2014, 17:34   #8995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
My figo is almost 4 years old (May 2010) and has done 55000 km. Recently I noticed some pitting in the bonnet and the driver side door. Left unattended, it will start rusting quite fast. What is to be done. Is it normal in a 4 year old car
Chennai is a humid place, hence there is a possibility of developing rust in certain areas. And I believe this is not covered in warranty (not even in the 4th year EW, checked the website only Mechanical & electrical failures are covered in 4th yr EW).

Better have it checked at Ford service center. If not covered, its better to have it treated at a good car care shop.
Old 23rd January 2014, 19:44   #8996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also did the service advisor quote how much does the wheel cap (not the alloy wheel cap) cost?
No, I did not ask him. I can PM you the spare parts section's number if you want.
Old 27th January 2014, 12:19   #8997
BHPian

Hi guys,
Chennai Ford has been mailing/calling me regarding Figo 4year Extended Warranty. They're withdrawing the scheme by Jan 31. So we've to take it before that. I already have 3 yr EW. 4th year EW costs 9.6k (Diesel Figo). Not sure if its worth.

Whats your opinion?
Old 27th January 2014, 16:37   #8998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
Hi guys,
Chennai Ford has been mailing/calling me regarding Figo 4year Extended Warranty. They're withdrawing the scheme by Jan 31. So we've to take it before that. I already have 3 yr EW. 4th year EW costs 9.6k (Diesel Figo). Not sure if its worth.

Whats your opinion?
9.6K is on the expensive side, but that is how the price is right now. I would suggest you take it. The peace of mind you get by taking it would be priceless.

Also 4th yr EW cover all electrical & mechanical failures, you can check the Ford website for further details or ask the SA.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 17:26   #8999
BHPian

Thank you Venkat_Figo
I just bought the extended warranty! Rs 9649
My current odo is 13k for a Sept 2012 Figo.
So, I guess I won't cross the 1 lakh limit @end of 4yrs also..
Old 28th January 2014, 14:54   #9000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
Thank you Venkat_Figo
I just bought the extended warranty! Rs 9649
My current odo is 13k for a Sept 2012 Figo.
So, I guess I won't cross the 1 lakh limit @end of 4yrs also..
I am in the same boat. The guys at Cuavery Ford have been calling me for the extended warranty. I have 10k on the odo for a car that has been running since April 2013. My only question to them was, why can't I take it later?

Everyone wants the money at 'this' time, when you are planning for tax expenses

How important is the 4th year extended warranty? I mean at 10k (almost) it's not dirt cheap. Also, nowadays diesel cars are expected to have niggles only after the 5th year! What a quandary!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks