Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 20:13   #8836
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post
I have installed the same in my Figo (present model)
Hi, did you just installed the bulbs or was the wireing was also required? Also please share the cost of the job, we also have facelifted model.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:03   #8837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hi, did you just installed the bulbs or was the wireing was also required? Also please share the cost of the job, we also have facelifted model.
Yes, even am interested in it. Please share the procedure and cost involved in it. Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 21:17   #8838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Thanks tharian,

The member had linked the lights to the brake, effectively using them as brake lamps. .
Are you sure?
This is what he had quoted in his post which was why I remembered his thread specifically,

"Tail-lights - Most people who own a Figo will know what I am talking about here. The original tail-light comes with only 3 bulbs - 1) indicator, 2) reverse and 3) brake/parking (double filament). There are 2 slots empty in the tail-light cluster - in one slot (top) I have put a bulb for brake light and in the second one I have put a bulb that can be used as the rear fog-light. The original fog-lamp switch has a double pull mechanism. This light turns on when at the second pull. So now, whenever I have a car behind me with his high beam, I switch on the rear fog-lights, these are really bright red and quite irritating."

Linking lights is a simple DIY. On my Figo, I have two turn signals along with two brake lamps. The tail lump cluster proves what it is now- a Christmas tree set up. This is of course on the old models.

Last edited by tharian : 11th December 2013 at 21:19.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 21:37   #8839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

"Tail-lights - Most people who own a Figo will know what I am talking about here. The original tail-light comes with only 3 bulbs - 1) indicator, 2) reverse and 3) brake/parking (double filament). There are 2 slots empty in the tail-light cluster - in one slot (top) I have put a bulb for brake light and in the second one I have put a bulb that can be used as the rear fog-light. The original fog-lamp switch has a double pull mechanism. This light turns on when at the second pull.
Could you please provide more details as to how we can achieve this ? May be a step by step instruction.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:57   #8840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Could you please provide more details as to how we can achieve this ? May be a step by step instruction.
Actually, that is what the discussion is about in the last few posts., how to set up the rear fog lamps.

I had quoted another member who already achieved this in the following thread, and just quoted a para from it,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-shocker.html (White Ford Figo 1.4 Tdci - The Shocker)
Old 11th December 2013, 22:11   #8841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Yes, even am interested in it. Please share the procedure and cost involved in it. Thanks

As company is not providing a wire kit for the rear fog, we have to wire it from front instrumental panel till the rear light.Cost will depend on the bulb and holder you choose.
Old 12th December 2013, 01:00   #8842
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone, this is my first ever post on t-bhp. I have a query which has been discussed previously on this thread, its regarding the rear fog lights on the Figo.

As everyone must be aware that there is a vacant slot for the rear fog lamps, hence during the 10k service had asked the A.S.S guys if they can install them (did not want to risk warranty, hence avoided after market).

The technician conveyed that the wiring diagram is no longer available with them, hence he cannot fix it . I just played my card & informed him that one of my friends had got it installed in another ford workshop. He requested if I can name the workshop, so that he can get in touch with them & get the wiring diagram.

Guys, if any one has been successful in getting the Ford A.S.S guys install the rear fog lamps, please do let me know.
Hi Venkat,
I've got extra holders & bulbs fitted in the empty slots on my Figo, looks awesome! Didn't go for the rear-fogs as it involves opening the headlight switch & taking a wire through the car to the tail lamp - time consuming and anyways Mumbai hardly has any fog so a rear fog lamp is of no use.
I now have all 3 slots light up together like normal, was a simple process done by fng in 15 mins flat!
Check out my Figo review to see how it looks! Can't attach the link as I'm on the mobile app.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-forumrunner_20131212_005919.png  

Last edited by nishantbhatia84 : 12th December 2013 at 01:04.
Old 12th December 2013, 11:33   #8843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Are you sure?
This is what he had quoted in his post which was why I remembered his thread specifically,

"Tail-lights - Most people who own a Figo will know what I am talking about here. The original tail-light comes with only 3 bulbs - 1) indicator, 2) reverse and 3) brake/parking (double filament). There are 2 slots empty in the tail-light cluster - in one slot (top) I have put a bulb for brake light and in the second one I have put a bulb that can be used as the rear fog-light. The original fog-lamp switch has a double pull mechanism. This light turns on when at the second pull. So now, whenever I have a car behind me with his high beam, I switch on the rear fog-lights, these are really bright red and quite irritating."

Linking lights is a simple DIY. On my Figo, I have two turn signals along with two brake lamps. The tail lump cluster proves what it is now- a Christmas tree set up. This is of course on the old models.
Missed that, thanks for pointing it out. Will try to get in touch with the member & obtain a wiring diagram (for the Ford guys & I am not sound with electrical stuff). Don't want to risk warranty at the same time cant wait for a couple of years for the warranty to expire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Hi Venkat,
I've got extra holders & bulbs fitted in the empty slots on my Figo, looks awesome! Didn't go for the rear-fogs as it involves opening the headlight switch & taking a wire through the car to the tail lamp - time consuming and anyways Mumbai hardly has any fog so a rear fog lamp is of no use.
I now have all 3 slots light up together like normal, was a simple process done by fng in 15 mins flat!
Check out my Figo review to see how it looks! Can't attach the link as I'm on the mobile app.
Thanks Nishant, the Figo does look awesome with the entire tail lamp cluster lit up. But the facelift model (which i own) has only one empty slot, hence was more inclined towards installing fog lamps.
Old 12th December 2013, 23:31   #8844
BHPian

Quote:
Missed that, thanks for pointing it out. Will try to get in touch with the member & obtain a wiring diagram (for the Ford guys & I am not sound with electrical stuff).
There is no wiring kit available as such. You need to pull out a wire from the instrument cluster or from the combination switch to make the rear fog working the the headlight combination switch.
Old 12th December 2013, 23:33   #8845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post

There is no wiring kit available as such. You need to pull out a wire from the instrument cluster or from the combination switch to make the rear fog working the the headlight combination switch.
Can ford deny my warranty, if I do this. I can't risk it because my car is just 5 months old and I have another 3.5 yrs to go before it expires.

But I badly, want to make rear fog work, it just looks too good.
Old 13th December 2013, 01:14   #8846
BHPian

Quote:

Can ford deny my warranty, if I do this. I can't risk it because my car is just 5 months old and I have another 3.5 yrs to go before it expires.

But I badly, want to make rear fog work, it just looks too good.
Any extra wires inside the car would be easily detectable. IMO it's simply not worth risking warranty for rear-fogs, as they've got very little practical use.
On the other hand, fitting extra bulbs involves wiring completely concealed within the tail lamp assembly and hence the chance of detection is very low.
Old 13th December 2013, 12:23   #8847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, fitting extra bulbs involves wiring completely concealed within the tail lamp assembly and hence the chance of detection is very low.
Wiring inside the taillamp is not detectable, but service centers do check all bulbs to be in working condition during regular service, and they will notice the extra bulbs then.
For me, they know that, but for some reason they have jotted down all the after market stuff I have done, including the wipers, but not the extra bulbs in the tail lamp.
As far as I know, at the most , the taillamp fuse will blow due to wrong connection, and that needs to be replaced.
Old 13th December 2013, 12:28   #8848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any extra wires inside the car would be easily detectable. IMO it's simply not worth risking warranty for rear-fogs, as they've got very little practical use.
So, I guess i'll have to wait till my warranty gets over. Can't risk it with warranty. Also, I so badly wanted to get drl's fitted, but again warranty issues :/
Old 13th December 2013, 13:00   #8849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, I guess i'll have to wait till my warranty gets over. Can't risk it with warranty. Also, I so badly wanted to get drl's fitted, but again warranty issues :/
Hey Sameer, these warranty void things depends on your relationship with the service guys and since you've been a regular visitor there for the check light issue i'm sure you know them quite well now !

Casually check up with one of the SA's whether there will be a problem if you get DRL's fitted. It should not be an issue if the wiring is done properly.
Old 13th December 2013, 13:20   #8850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

Hey Sameer, these warranty void things depends on your relationship with the service guys and since you've been a regular visitor there for the check light issue i'm sure you know them quite well now !

Casually check up with one of the SA's whether there will be a problem if you get DRL's fitted. It should not be an issue if the wiring is done properly.
Lol, yes fortunately or rather say unfortunately I know each and every person there. I'll ask them both the things, rear fog lamps and drl's. I'll be going there in 2-3 weeks, as car is just 1k kms away from second service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks