Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 23:40   #8686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks, My Titanium D has covered 46K and recently I noticed a light on the dash which was the 'water in diesel filter' light. Took the car to the service centre in Vasant Kunj, they checked and replaced the filter, ok, done. I drive out of the service centre and within 5 kms the light comes on again!, I go back, they check & check & check again, verdict is the sensor is giving the problem and needs to be replaced, I half heartedly agree and the sensor is changed at my expense. I leave the service centre after paying Rs 7500/- and drive home to gurgaon, all well.. or so it seems. Very next in the morning when I start the car, the light comes on again, I call up the service centre and they advise to bring the car over and leave it with them for a day to scrutinise the problem, I am now in a dilemma what to do..? Please help me folks !
Did they check the fuel? Maybe there actually is water in diesel.

I got this light the very next day of taking delivery. They cleaned the filter and that was it. Never saw the light. The SA said that some times condensation happens in tanks of new cars. That gets mixed with fuel the first time and the light comes on. Whether this makes sense or not, I don't know. I am just glad that the light has not come on ever sense. Touch wood.

MaSh
Old 29th October 2013, 12:18   #8687
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
My 2012 Figo D is covered under the RTB replacement program. However, it has been running without any issues till date.

Should I really go in for the RTB replacement? I dread to visit the ASC. I don't want them to mess up something that's working perfectly well.
I am under the same dilemma. Mine is a 2011 Titanium. Also I never got a call from Ford regarding this.

My service is due in a month. So will check with A.S.S then.
Old 29th October 2013, 13:54   #8688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I am under the same dilemma. Mine is a 2011 Titanium. Also I never got a call from Ford regarding this.

My service is due in a month. So will check with A.S.S then.
You can check if you are covered in the recall. Try this link
http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...service-action
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 14:28   #8689
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
My 2012 Figo D is covered under the RTB replacement program. However, it has been running without any issues till date.
Should I really go in for the RTB replacement? I dread to visit the ASC. I don't want them to mess up something that's working perfectly well.
Agreed the chances of mess up is definitely there.

Since it is a recall, it is better to get it done. We may not know what will happen in the longer run if the replacement is not done and also it may affect warranty.
My vehicle was good, but I went for the replacement. After the replacement was done, I started hearing "dum" sounds especially from the back. It happened intermittently.
Headed again to SC and found that the Coil spring was not fitted properly and they fixed it. They should mark the position (to refit correctly) of coil spring before removing which they missed out .
Old 29th October 2013, 15:00   #8690
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
...They should mark the position (to refit correctly) of coil spring before removing which they missed out .
the level of incompetence shown by ford A.S.S centers are getting worse by the day. I wonder whether ford india's technical training division is sloppy or whether the guidelines for hiring service mechanics is very loose. In my experience, I see far less (not completely NIL) 'goof ups' by maruti A.S.S compared to ford A.S.S.
Human beings are the same everywhere, so the dealerships themselves will behave the same across brands, but its the manufacturer who must keep them on leash.
Old 30th October 2013, 00:32   #8691

A 2.8 yrs relationship with Lathangi Ford is coming to an End.

I had dropped my car at body shop, Lathangi Ford for some damage repair(minor dents)and after a week long wait, I was asked to collect the car today.

When I closely inspected the car before taking the delivery, I observed that the paint job that was done was a complete disaster, All the painted surfaces had Bubbles,
In the bill I was charged for new labels, But the existing labels were not removed and the surface beneath were not all painted, The finishing was horrible with scratches all around the labels.

I'd asked for the front left fender painting, There were scratches on the newly painted fender,which were clearly visible, Paint had run over the indicator.

Also, the non damaged surfaces had a few spots,

Spoke to the Manager, he said he will get it Re-painted. Lets see.

Btw, last time I got a repair at lathangi, Their service was exceptional, Sad to see it dipping.
Old 30th October 2013, 10:31   #8692

Called up Lathangi Ford for the RTB replacement today since my vehicle is included in the Field Service Action,
When I asked them why I did not receive any intimation, they said Ford India sends it, If they did not send it then nothing can be done. And they will check if replacement is needed,

Fingers crossed, lets see.
Old 31st October 2013, 08:20   #8693
BHPian

Which car polish are fellow Figo owners using? My SA strongly advised against using any sort of polish and instead recommend car shampoo, how true is he?
Old 31st October 2013, 09:43   #8694
BHPian

Guys, can you please let me know the run-in period for Figo? My colleague is getting his car today and even when he asked his SA about it, he didn't get satisfactory answers. Thanks!
Old 31st October 2013, 10:16   #8695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Guys, can you please let me know the run-in period for Figo? My colleague is getting his car today and even when he asked his SA about it, he didn't get satisfactory answers. Thanks!
The first service is the point until which you need to take it easy.

I am not sure of the rpms or speeds you need to keep.
But, make sure you don't rev the engine nor lug it. Right gears for the speeds and keep varying the rpms without staying in the same revs for long which of course you dont have to worry since diriving in a city will make you do it anyhow.

I was careful till around 1000kms and after 1300kms , I did a long trip and drove normally like I drive any other car.

Regards
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 10:44   #8696
BHPian

Quote:
First 1000 km, ask him to keep the revs under 3k rpm, speed upto 80kmph max. He should lug the engine and shift correctly. Thats about it. After 2.5k km, ask him to change his oil to mineral oil(by default) and ask him to move to synthetic oil once he finishes his 10k service.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 31st October 2013 at 10:45.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 11:58   #8697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Which car polish are fellow Figo owners using? My SA strongly advised against using any sort of polish and instead recommend car shampoo, how true is he?
None. Plain water wipe with a lint free cloth by me every other day. Wash once a month from 3M like outlets, which includes spray wash followed by foam and then wiping, interior vacuum,etc. Waxing once in two months. This routine seems sufficient.

Quote:
There is no run in period as such for Figo. Nothing is mentioned in the manual also. Hence an unsatisfactory response from SA. But if he is your friend, he will tell you go easy till about 2500kms. Change gears between 1600 - 2000 RPMs and then after 1000kms, increase the upper limit to 2500 rpms. Always wait for 8 beeps to go off before cranking, let engine idle for 30seconds(wear seat belts, switch on music system, connect your phone, etc) and then drive off. Wait for 30-60 seconds, before switching off depending upon duration of drive and speed. Figo is a very rugged car I feel, use it with care and there is very little that can go wrong in it.

All the best to your colleague.

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 31st October 2013 at 12:00.
mashmash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 16:08   #8698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Waxing once in two months.
Thankyou for your inputs but can you also name some waxing material brands? I am completely nobe in these matters.
Old 31st October 2013, 23:38   #8699
BHPian

Quote:
Thankyou for your inputs but can you also name some waxing material brands? I am completely nobe in these matters.
There are many good brands like sonax, etc. but I still go to a detailing outlet. They do a better job.
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 23:59   #8700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would say get this http://www.snapdeal.com/product/abro...ash-946/237027
and a microfiber cloth. Using this on my figo and i have no compaints, It gives a wax like effect. Normally, I wash once in 3 weeks with it and for everyday cleaning, I use jopasu car duster.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks