Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 17:28   #9436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hi all, while cleaning the engine bay of our figo, I found, under the plastic engine cover, a trace of an oil leak from a rubber hose which was meagred with a large hose attached to the intake side of the turbo.Looks like a breather hose to me.
Yes, that is the breather hose for the oil separator. No need to worry, get it fixed at the next service. The clamp must be loose.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 23:17   #9437
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@sunsetorange: this May be the start of a long line of huge bills. I recently did my 70 k service for about ₹28k. Was told that there is pending work in everything else. Ford is expensive, bottom line. Should have bought a merc, the bills would be comparable.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 06:21   #9438
BHPian

@wildsdi5530 I am now waiting for the next 20K following which I intend to get a Swift/Ritz on exchange.

I have detected a sea change in the attitude of the service personnel at Rockcity Ford. They were pretty polite till a year ago, but the arrival of the Ecosport has made them think they are doing a great service to the people by even listening to complaints.

I still fondly remember the attention I was given at the Maruti service station, and they still service at least 5-6 times more cars than the Ford service station!
Old 21st July 2014, 10:59   #9439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
DIY : Puddle lamps and courtesy lamps added. Heres a video for you all.
Good job

Could you give more information on were you got the puddle lamps from, cost,wiring, fitting etc?
Old 21st July 2014, 11:16   #9440
BHPian

I got a mail from Ford India (image attached). My car is done 53K know. Though I am not facing any specific issue with Battery now, soon I may need to replace the batteries. What is the make Ford service normally use these days when they change batteries? Are they good or is it better to change the batteries outside (please suggest any good brand). My car is outside the warranty now.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-battery.jpg  

Old 21st July 2014, 11:38   #9441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
What is the make Ford service normally use these days when they change batteries? Are they good or is it better to change the batteries outside (please suggest any good brand). My car is outside the warranty now.
Ford Motorcraft batteries are basically an Amaron battery with a motorcraft label on it.

Get a same model Amaron and you will end up saving at-least 1k.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 13:35   #9442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Good job

Could you give more information on were you got the puddle lamps from, cost,wiring, fitting etc?
Thanks. Ordered these from ebay. I had 5 meters of wire lying around so used it. Cost was around 250 per pair. fitting = DIY.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 14:51   #9443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I got a mail from Ford India (image attached). My car is done 53K know. Though I am not facing any specific issue with Battery now, soon I may need to replace the batteries. What is the make Ford service normally use these days when they change batteries? Are they good or is it better to change the batteries outside (please suggest any good brand). My car is outside the warranty now.
If I were to change my battery, I would go with Amaron from a local trusted authorized retailer. Been using Amaron batteries in various applications since a long time & am satisfied with quality & run.

PS: I do not have any kind of interests/relations with/in any of the Amaron/Galla groups
G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 15:21   #9444
Senior - BHPian

Unreasonable cost of 20k plus for a pair of drive shafts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Ford Motorcraft batteries are basically an Amaron battery with a motorcraft label on it.
3 years back Motorcraft 43 Ah batteries(white color) were costing 2.8k including tax.
Old 24th July 2014, 11:16   #9445
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, last weekend I happened to remove the engine cover on my 2012 Figo TDCi that has done 24K km and noticed some oil leaks. One is around the turbo and the 2nd one much bigger on the back side of the engine block. Not sure if these are leaks as I dont see any drip marks in my parking, or this happened during one of the injector changes that happened sometime back. Attaching few pics. Please give your thoughts.

Pardon the dirty engine, high time I get the engine washed.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20140719_144017_1.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20140719_144041_1.jpg
Old 25th July 2014, 12:15   #9446
BHPian

Dear Team Bhpians,

This is my first post on team bhp. I have been reading this forum for past 6 years and this is the first time i got an opportunity to post and ask queries from experts. I have a 2012 Ford figo TDCI EXI model and it has run 40K kms. Due for service next week. Hence i have few queries for which i need help from you guys.

1. Engine oil - I have migrated to Mobil Delvac 1 fully synthetic and I am not going to change it now.
2. Other fluids - Regular 40K service stuff i guess
3. Off late im feeling lot of engine vibration and metal jarring sound from the front left side when i start the engine early in the morning. I need help as to what that jarring sound might be. I do follow the procedure to wait for 30seconds after cold start and then only proceed.
4. Any other items which I have to tell the FASS guys which is part of 40K service?

Any other suggestions also appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th July 2014, 20:18   #9447
BHPian

Friends, My Figo D is @ FASS for 40K Service. The Service Executive quoted Rs.6500 as the estimate. Whereas the ford website gives it as Rs.4405. Have to straighten this while taking the delivery. What were your costs for 40K regular service?

I request the mods to come up with an excel kind of application where we can track our service expenses.It would be helpful for other members.
Old 27th July 2014, 00:24   #9448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Unreasonable cost of 20k plus for a pair of drive shafts.
The replaced drive shafts were packed in the cartons of the new drive shafts. The sticker on the part's carton mentions the MRP which was on the bill.

I guess it is just the parts in Ford that are expensive.

The car, post the change, feels as good to drive as when I bought it. A week's driving and the awesome steering feedback already has me thinking it is not too bad a robbery
Old 27th July 2014, 20:33   #9449
Senior - BHPian

Got the 60 K Service done from Noida Ford today. There were no repairs and fuel air and ac filters were replaced in addition to the engine oil. The service cost me Rs 6223 . This seems to be on the higher side as I did not go in for Wheel Balancing and alignment or any kind of engine treatment or any dry cleaning etc. I had to shell out over Rs 12 K just 2 months back when the V belt had snapped.

I was told that both suspension arms, link rods , tie rods etc need change. This amount was adding out to close to Rs 22 K without labour. This for a car with just 60 Km on the clock and is driven on good roads in a pretty sedate manner.

I declined to get these done at the ASC and will take a second opinion. If the vehicle does require all these jobs to be done then Ford maintenance is positively expensive.

With every service experience at Noida Ford, my regard for MASS goes up. They handle more than 10 times as many vehicles but the service is so much better. I do not think that I will be going in for a Ford vehicle in the future. Though the Figo has just 60 K on the clock and is just 3 and a half years old I may go in for a replacement if the service costs go up.
Old 28th July 2014, 00:08   #9450

Dear all,
I own a Ford Figo TDCI Titanium that is 2 years old, in Mumbai. I had given the car for 2nd servicing 3 weeks back. Post this, I noticed 3 critical things today:

1. Leakage on the left side of the car- I could see a puddle of water on the left floor (both front and rear)- presumably some leakage which I am unable to identify
2. Noise from a/c whenever I put it in external circulation mode
3. Rust on the steering column

Has anyone observed these kinds of problem before? I am particularly looking for any suggestions for issue 1....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks