Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 00:44   #9526
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The image is not clear at all. Unable to see the breakup of amounts and parts changed.
Are you viewing from a phone/tab? From a comp it's somewhat manageable, if you turn the screen around

But I made a mistake when totaling up. The 3 items charged for the bonnet release are:

Parts
No 1> Handle Hood Lock Rel : 130
No 6> Cable Control : 420

Labour
No 1 > Cable-Hood Release - R&R : 280

So that totals : Rs. 830 (I got some discount on it)

This means the work on the belt and pulleys costs around Rs. 8500 approx.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 14:13   #9527
BHPian

My 2011 Titanium TDCi met with two unfortunate incidents in last few months. First, on the way to Tamhini ghat, I drove over a stone fallen in the middle of the lane. I just couldn't swerve to change the lane and I thought the car would pass over. But alas. The stone hit the underbody on front LHS with a big thud. Thankfully, no underbody damage/leak was seen when I checked during the tire-alignment session later in the week.

Second, on the way to Kolhapur, driving at around 120kmph, a stray dog suddenly decided to cross the road in front of my car. I think it didn't anticipate the vehicle speed and couldn't complete the crossing. I managed to swerve slightly but the dog came under the LHS front wheel. A big thud again. The poor soul must have lost its life (RIP). The car didn't lose its composure and I continued to drive further. While returning to Pune, I noticed that the engine noise/vibrations are a bit more than usual. Back in Pune, I started seeing some leakage from the front (apparently diesel). Since the 50k km service was fast approaching, I took the car to Talera Ford, Wagholi.

Damages inspected:
1. Disconnected LHS fog-lamp wires
2. Front LHS wheel-well inner cover lost
3. Leaking diesel due to broken "fuel return hose"
4. Gearbox mount damage
5. Noise in front LHS link rod
6. Noise in rear LHS suspension

Looks like the stone damaged the "fuel return hose" to a major extent and the dog-hit started the leak.

Out of these damages, I got the fog lamp wires connected and "fuel return hose" replaced (costed Rs. 7k!).

Following are my queries on the damages.

1. The wheel-well inner cover costed Rs. 2100. So I didn't get that put. Is any aftermarket replacement available for this?
2. The service guy told that gearbox mount damage is not severe and I can continue using the car as normal. I doubt this. Where can I get this damage cross-checked? Is it really ok to continue using the car like this? Could this be the cause of extra noise/vibrations I observed only after the trip?
3. The noise in link rod/suspensions mentioned above is not audible to me. Where can I get this cross-checked too?

Please help.

Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 15:46   #9528
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
Following are my queries on the damages.

1. The wheel-well inner cover costed Rs. 2100. So I didn't get that put. Is any aftermarket replacement available for this?
2. The service guy told that gearbox mount damage is not severe and I can continue using the car as normal. I doubt this. Where can I get this damage cross-checked? Is it really ok to continue using the car like this? Could this be the cause of extra noise/vibrations I observed only after the trip?
3. The noise in link rod/suspensions mentioned above is not audible to me. Where can I get this cross-checked too?

Please help.

Thanks
1. daylight robbery
2. just and excuse to avoid doing work. Could be detrimental in the long run - can lead to larger and larger vibrations as you clock more km's , eventually leading to more strain on the remaining mounts & alignment issues on the drivetrain
3. i think you can get the 'checking' done by any experienced mechanic - then approach the same/different FASS with the problem statement.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 17:28   #9529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post

Please help.

Thanks

Gearbox mount gets damaged easily as is is very low.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2292382
Check this post. The mount is visible towards the RH side of the exhaust down pipe.
Mount Costs around 650/- outside.

Front suspension link rod costs 550/- per piece. Remove it and check if the joints have any play.

7k for return hose ? The spares are damn expensive at FASS.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 17:54   #9530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
7k for return hose ? The spares are damn expensive at FASS.
Standard automotive nylon hose will do the job.

PS: Some things in Ford never change :P
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:11   #9531
BHPian

Quick Query - My figo's front RHS suspension was replaced just after 40K. Since the warranty was only till 40K, I had to pay for it. Now its been 8 months and 53K on the odo and I hear the same kind of noises from the new replaced suspension. I have booked an appointment for Saturday; if this is a case of replacement of the same part, should I be getting this for free ..... as it was just replaced? what should be my stand when I speak to the ford folks ?
Old 11th September 2014, 18:10   #9532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Now its been 8 months and 53K on the odo and I hear the same kind of noises from the new replaced suspension. if this is a case of replacement of the same part, should I be getting this for free ..... as it was just replaced? what should be my stand when I speak to the ford folks ?
Hi Paleo,

As far as I remember, the warranty on new parts/spares is limited to 6 months only. But I would request you to persist for the free replacement.

Regards,
GVK
Old 13th September 2014, 10:18   #9533
BHPian

[quote=G V Krishna;3530167]Hi Paleo,

As far as I remember, the warranty on new parts/spares is limited to 6 months only. But I would request you to persist for the free replacement.

Thanks GVK.....turns out the stabilizer bar was touching the cross member. 2 guys, some force... And the problem seems fixed for now...car given back in 5 min@talera ford...impressive. Issue as per them is that I probably went over some pothole hard. Hmm not sure of that. But ok for now
Old 13th September 2014, 12:48   #9534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Mount Costs around 650/- outside.

Front suspension link rod costs 550/- per piece.
Thank you so much. I talked to a couple of FNGs (near Bavdhan and Kothrud). Both said they will be able to assess the damage but wouldn't be able to replace any parts and I would have to go to FASS to get that done!! That beats the whole purpose!

Any idea about a reliable FNG who would assess the damage AND replace required parts (with original Ford or any reliable alternative)? Also has Ford started to sell the spares over-the-counter yet as mentioned here?

TIA
Old 13th September 2014, 22:01   #9535
BHPian

I gave my Figo for its 30k servicing. I am replacing one A/C vent as it's broken. It costs 850! Two wiper blades costs 1300. I feel for sure Ford spares are costly.
Also I had to replace my car's bonnet due to an accident 6 months back. New bonnet provided by ASS didn't match the finish of metallic color. My Figo is panther black. It looked like a plain black colour. To my surprise paint started chipping off in few weeks. I am getting it repainted under warranty now.

Last edited by StepUP! : 13th September 2014 at 22:02.
Old 13th September 2014, 22:27   #9536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Two wiper blades costs 1300. I feel for sure Ford spares are costly.
Why did you go for Ford for this? Better quality brands are available outside for half that cost.
Old 14th September 2014, 00:46   #9537
Senior - BHPian

I bought a pair of Hella Premium blades from Autofresh for 460odd. The driver side blade went bad in a week. Same streaky wipes as the old OE ones.

Will try to get Bosch.
Old 14th September 2014, 18:09   #9538
BHPian

Today the ABS warning light flashed while driving in our Figo, on checking, found that the 30amp ABS pump fuse was fallen from its place which put it back in its position. Now the fuse is in its place but the ABS light is refusing to go. Now my question is that should I be worried about it? Ous car's service is scheduled next month so can I continue to use it like that till the service? And last question, will the ABS work?
Old 14th September 2014, 19:41   #9539
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Now the fuse is in its place but the ABS light is refusing to go. Now my question is that should I be worried about it? Ous car's service is scheduled next month so can I continue to use it like that till the service? And last question, will the ABS work?
Since the fuse is back in place the ABS will work. No problems there but you will have to hook the car to OBD scanner and get the error codes reset.

Once the error clean-up is done then the lights will go. This work hardly takes 5-10 minutes at the ASC. They should do it for free.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 19:55   #9540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Once the error clean-up is done then the lights will go. This work hardly takes 5-10 minutes at the ASC. They should do it for free.

Anurag.
Thankyou very much for your prompt reply Anurag, the problem seems to be solved on its own! Was out in the car for a drive for some work and the light went off within a km or so. Will check ABS working tomorrow on an open stretch just to be on safer side.

Last edited by EFF-EIGHT-BEE : 14th September 2014 at 19:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks