Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 16:36   #9616
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

What should I do with my parent's 2010 Ford Figo showing excessive paint bubbling chipping and rusting on the rear doors?

The issue was raised earlier to the workshop when it was at nascent stage (around 2012) but the workshop (NOIDA) did an equally shoddy paint touch-up.

Over the period of time it has come to look like this (attached pictures).

It is very very evident that the fault is with Ford manufacturing, however the workshop people kept avoiding the issue and refused to make a written note of it, now of course there is no warranty with us. Neither has Ford issued any recall statement.

Quite surprising since here on our forum itself we have quite a few same cases:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2640987
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2678195
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3444015
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2843534

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3232353
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2655020
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ightmares.html

Oh my: http://hellopeter.com/ford/complaint...usting-1366586 They have this issue outside India too.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-left-rear-door1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-left-rear-door2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-left-rear-door3.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-right-rear-door1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-right-rear-door2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-right-rear-door3.jpg  

Last edited by alpha1 : 10th October 2014 at 16:49.
Old 10th October 2014, 23:36   #9617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
What should I do with my parent's 2010 Ford Figo showing excessive paint bubbling chipping and rusting on the rear doors?
Instead of following the dealer, do write to Ford India. I'm sure they will definitively look into the matter. I personally had a good experience with the company(not the dealers) so far.
Old 12th October 2014, 16:36   #9618
BHPian

Guys, Any idea how much the front bumper costs for Figo? With and without insurance? Last week, when I hit a dog which came out of nowhere, when I was on my way to Kanyakumari. This resulted in the bumper being chipped off in a couple of places and multiple scratches. I am planning to take my car to a local workshop next week, but wanted to know the price in F.A.S.S.

Edit: As a result of the above said incident, the AC condenser is also bent inwards. The AC is working fine for now, but not sure if this is a major issue. Any pointers?

Last edited by satan's_valet : 12th October 2014 at 16:38.
Old 12th October 2014, 18:27   #9619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Oil Sump Drain Nut hole threading damaged
dhinchak, it is deja vu for me. Yesterday, I gave my Figo for 50K service and they damaged the oil sump drain plug threads. Both the bolt as well as sump threads are damaged. They could not return my car yesterday and it is lying there in the workshop.

My question to you. What was the final outcome of your service? What was the final solution and who bore the costs for the same? The SA was saying I have to bear the costs but I told him last service too was done at his workshop and if he claims it was damaged in the last service, then too it is fault of their workshop. We did not discuss this further but if they fix it tomorrow, then billing argument will happen tomorrow. Your experience will help me to discuss it.
Old 13th October 2014, 21:42   #9620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
My question to you. What was the final outcome of your service? What was the final solution and who bore the costs for the same? The SA was saying I have to bear the costs but I told him last service too was done at his workshop and if he claims it was damaged in the last service, then too it is fault of their workshop. We did not discuss this further but if they fix it tomorrow, then billing argument will happen tomorrow. Your experience will help me to discuss it.
Hi shipnil, sorry for the late response. You must have got things sorted out by now.

In my case, they at first did a shoddy job and got it repaired from some local welding shop. They fixed a new nut by doing some roadside job and did not charge me anything.

I took the car back and wrote to Ford higher ups about the roadside job their authorised dealer was doing with pics to add to the story- resulting in an immediate call from Ford India and the dealer as well. Finally they replaced the sump free of cost and replaced the engine oil as well.
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 17:59   #9621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
My 2012 Figo(Red) has rust in the same spot. My warranty is over. Checked with local workshop and he says Rs.1800. Ford ASS says approx Rs.4000. Can i go ahead with local workshop? Will the finish be good? He is close to my house and runs the pretty crowded all brand bodyshop. But dont remember seeing any Figo there. The Figo red is same as i10 red?
Old 15th October 2014, 10:04   #9622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Guys can you tell how long should the V Belt in the Figo Diesel last? My car has a shade over 50 K on the clock and the service advisor said that it is cracking up and should be replaced along with the bearings.
Hi, I visited Ford and my SA too advised me to get it replaced. I have done 60k, and he said the v belt along with the bearings need to be replaced. Total cost would be around 8.5-9 k Anyone else got it replaced?

Last edited by dhinchak : 15th October 2014 at 10:06.
Old 15th October 2014, 10:35   #9623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, Any idea how much the front bumper costs for Figo? With and without insurance?

Edit: As a result of the above said incident, the AC condenser is also bent inwards. The AC is working fine for now, but not sure if this is a major issue. Any pointers?
The bumper along with the painting should cost you close to 6k in Ford ASS. With insurance (and depending upon your insurance) might come down close to 2.5k.

No idea about the AC Condenser costs.

But if the damage is substantial I would recommend go in for insurance - no use sitting on it!
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 11:03   #9624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
The bumper along with the painting should cost you close to 6k in Ford ASS. With insurance (and depending upon your insurance) might come down close to 2.5k.

No idea about the AC Condenser costs.

But if the damage is substantial I would recommend go in for insurance - no use sitting on it!

Thanks Pratyush.. I wouldn't call the damages substantial. From outside you wouldn't even know there is something wrong. Its mostly the scratches I'm worried about. I have to check if I can get the bumper painted from outside.
Old 16th October 2014, 11:43   #9625
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Just dropped my car for the 20k service (at 18.5k). The SA tried to sell me the interior wash, wheel balancing & alignment, which I refused. Got an estimate of approx 4400.

Sounds reasonable?
Old 16th October 2014, 12:05   #9626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Just dropped my car for the 20k service (at 18.5k). The SA tried to sell me the interior wash, wheel balancing & alignment, which I refused. Got an estimate of approx 4400.

Sounds reasonable?
Is this Diesel or Petrol figo? What all was mentioned in the Estimate given to you?
Old 16th October 2014, 12:22   #9627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Is this Diesel or Petrol figo? What all was mentioned in the Estimate given to you?
Sorry should have clarified better.

It is a Diesel Figo - Estimate had usual service related things and no addon.

The SA later called me and told about a blockage in the AC Duct/Vent - which will be charged another 600 bucks. Received a call from him, final bill is 5390 and the vehicle would be ready by 3pm. He can get it dropped at my home. Better idea to go and collect perhaps?
Old 16th October 2014, 12:34   #9628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry should have clarified better.

It is a Diesel Figo - Estimate had usual service related things and no addon.

The SA later called me and told about a blockage in the AC Duct/Vent - which will be charged another 600 bucks. Received a call from him, final bill is 5390 and the vehicle would be ready by 3pm. He can get it dropped at my home. Better idea to go and collect perhaps?

That is a very expensive 20,000 figo service. Which Ford A.S.S?
Once you collect your car please post a copy of the bill. We can analyze what exactly did they do. I suspect they have added wheel balancing and Wheel alignment to this service.
If I remember correctly in the second service only, Engine oil, Oil Filter and Sum Gasket needs to be replaced.
Brake and Clutch fluid replacement is done at 30,000 or 40,000KM service.

Did you complain of any AC related issues?
It would be better to personally go, inspect the vehicle and pick it up. I wouldn't trust some wanabe F1 driver to bring back my car
Old 16th October 2014, 17:11   #9629
BHPian

Need advice,

Nowadays, on some mornings my car starts only on second attempt. I have checked the battery condition using the in car diagnostic display mode, Battery showing 12.3/12.4 V before crank and it goes down 10 or 9 while crank start. Is this indicate a week battery?
Sometimes i do get ignition beep while cranking (No this is after the normal 3+3 beep for ignition coil, which i normally wait for to crank start)

Mine is 2.7 years old Figo TDCI with 35k on ODO, with after market horn and with Amp/Sub/Comp added to OEM audio unit.

I'am planning for a highway run during Diwali week, so i need to ensure things are ok.
Old 16th October 2014, 17:22   #9630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Need advice,

Nowadays, on some mornings my car starts only on second attempt. I have checked the battery condition using the in car diagnostic display mode, Battery showing 12.3/12.4 V before crank and it goes down 10 or 9 while crank start. Is this indicate a week battery?
Sometimes i do get ignition beep while cranking (No this is after the normal 3+3 beep for ignition coil, which i normally wait for to crank start)

Mine is 2.7 years old Figo TDCI with 35k on ODO, with after market horn and with Amp/Sub/Comp added to OEM audio unit.

I'am planning for a highway run during Diwali week, so i need to ensure things are ok.
Rathish, 2.7 years is a little too soon for the battery to go kaput, IMO. I too have an after market horn on my 3 year old Figo, but haven't faced any such issues.

Anything above 9V is perfectly normal while cranking the car. In any case, it is safe to check the battery before you proceed with your trip.

Last edited by satan's_valet : 16th October 2014 at 17:30.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks