Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 17:24   #9631
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi, I visited Ford and my SA too advised me to get it replaced. I have done 60k, and he said the v belt along with the bearings need to be replaced. Total cost would be around 8.5-9 k Anyone else got it replaced?
Hi,It's better to get it replaced rather than a break down. i had changed belt twice one at 13k & at 72k.During 72k replacement they changed belt(1500rs) along with damper pulley(4600rs).If it breaks during running there are chances of belt coming out of pulley and it will knock down the sensor from the coupler just above the oil sump &close to damper pulley.Ford service centre is very much aware of this failure and the moment u say engine shut down with some plastic breaking sound,question comes straight away how many kms on odo?Immediately ford assistance team is ready with belt and damper pulley.
Old 17th October 2014, 10:22   #9632
BHPian

I recently serviced my Figo TDCi. It was 30000 kms scheduled servicing. As per the schedule engine oil was changed. I guess its 5W30 Castrol semi synthetic which is used by Ford A.S.S.
I had replaced engine oil at 24000 kms with 10W40 Shell Helix fully synthetic (Rs 5000 for 4 ltr).

What I observed is diesel clatter is much reduced in the morning at first engine start up. I found Castrol semi synthetic better in this aspect than fully synthetic. I think 5W is better for cold start up over 10W.

No doubt fully synthetic is overall better in reducing engine noise and smoothness but I feel the premium you pay for fully synthetic is not worth. More or less semi synthetic does the job.
Old 17th October 2014, 10:45   #9633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I recently serviced my Figo TDCi. It was 30000 kms scheduled servicing. As per the schedule engine oil was changed. I guess its 5W30 Castrol semi synthetic which is used by Ford A.S.S.
I had replaced engine oil at 24000 kms with 10W40 Shell Helix fully synthetic (Rs 5000 for 4 ltr).
Is it ok to switch between full synthetic and semi synthetic without flushing? Just curious to know what BHP-ians are thinking on this.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:20   #9634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi, I visited Ford and my SA too advised me to get it replaced. I have done 60k, and he said the v belt along with the bearings need to be replaced. Total cost would be around 8.5-9 k Anyone else got it replaced?
Hi Dhinchak, I had to get the belt relaced at 57K when it simply snapped. The cost along th accompanying parapernalia came to approx 12- 13K if i recollect correctly.

Now I have been told that the suspensio needs some attention. I will take the car to different dealership this time to see what do they have to say. the car hs just done 60 K clicks . It is a lot more expensive to maintain than a Maruti. Even my Indica which I deove for over 1 lakh Km did require so much maintenance.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:29   #9635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
That is a very expensive 20,000 figo service.
If I remember correctly in the second service only, Engine oil, Oil Filter and Sum Gasket needs to be replaced.
Brake and Clutch fluid replacement is done at 30,000 or 40,000KM service.
The original service schedule for replacing brake and clutch fluid was 40K but was later revised to be done every 20K.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-pre_20131228163529.jpg

During my 20K service, I noticed this change in the display board put up in FASS and had to convince the SA to do the replacement, up until which he was not aware of the change and was only planning to do the top-up.
Old 19th October 2014, 11:44   #9636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

Was just surfing the internet when I came across multiple forums wherein people have thrashed the 1.4 TDCi motor for problematic injector seals. Is any one aware of any such problems with this engine?

As per what I read, most people abroad who had this engine in their cars had to get the injector seals replaced more than once even before 80-90K kms.
Probably, this trouble is not noticed here owing to all the 'noise'? After reading the thread, i suspect Ford ASS guys are replacing the entire injector- this owing to they 'breaking' the injectors when removing it?

The fiesta 1.4 tdci has this trouble- don't know which injector is giving me this trouble, but i am having this 'chuck' noise (chuck chuck) at idle, observed in a cold start(loud) and there needs to be a calm ambiance to discern it.

I have done about 39k km in a 35 month old engine.

Bhpians, any idea how much is ford charging to replace the seals?

Or a pointer to an independent garage which does a decent job either at Bangalore or Coimbatore can help.
Old 20th October 2014, 10:51   #9637
BHPian

My Figo's radio antenna broke off by itself yesterday. I had to go to my native place which is about 200kms. On the way back I heard something bouncing on my roof. I thought something must have fallen from a overarching tree and drove on. Once back home, I noticed the antenna was broken and only the lower quarter stump is remaining!. I was only at speeds of 60-80kmph. I suppose four and half years of exposure to the elements has worn it down. I hope rest of the car too doesnt break like that !!
Old 21st October 2014, 19:40   #9638
Senior - BHPian

Any one has faced shaky wobbling ride quality in Figo. Some time back I used to experience very small wobbling from front wheel. Took it to Ford service center and they advised that all 4 tyres are having little asymmetrical wear out patter. They advised that it happens generally due to bad roads and I need to replace the tyres

They raised the car and I could see that when tyres rotate they used to give a bit of dancing pattern i.e. little unevenness along the circumference. Till last week it was all fine and I had forgotten about these pattern. returned home this week and I can literally feel that on a good straight road the steering wobbles by good amount. Brother had driven for around 250 kms last week but on good roads and he doesn't recall encountering any potholes at high speed.

Wondering what could be the possible issue? Bearing problem or tyres have worn out (but within a week!!) or some other issue in Figo?

Figo has run 38,500 kms in last 2.5 years.
Old 21st October 2014, 20:44   #9639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Wondering what could be the possible issue? Bearing problem or tyres have worn out (but within a week!!) or some other issue in Figo?

Figo has run 38,500 kms in last 2.5 years.
Sir firstly you need new tyres! The stock tyres are hard and at 38,500 KM those tyes wont have much life left in them. Please end their misery.
After you get a set of fresh Tyres please get Wheel alignment and balancing done.
If you still have the same problem get your rims checked, Sometime they do bend, I assume you are on the stock steel wheels?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 12:37   #9640
BHPian

Have created a new thread on my ICE setup using a tab here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...hill-pill.html

Hope it ignites more such setups :-)
sara.ramli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:24   #9641
BHPian

MyAC is giving me some issues. It works well during start and short rides. However, After 3+ hrs on a highway ride it suddenly changes behavior. Whatever the setting on the blower the volume of air does not increase but noise from blower increases. The volume of air is equal to setting 1 even if blower is in 4. The air is not very cold either and it gets hot in the cabin. After switching off for a while it behaves normally. Has anyone faced it?? My TDCI is 3.5 yrs old and run 60k.
Old 22nd October 2014, 17:53   #9642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, Any idea how much the front bumper costs for Figo? With and without insurance? Last week, when I hit a dog which came out of nowhere, when I was on my way to Kanyakumari. This resulted in the bumper being chipped off in a couple of places and multiple scratches. I am planning to take my car to a local workshop next week, but wanted to know the price in F.A.S.S.

Edit: As a result of the above said incident, the AC condenser is also bent inwards. The AC is working fine for now, but not sure if this is a major issue. Any pointers?
I had exactly the same issue in May 2013. A small dog dashed across the Nagpur highway at lightning speed, and my car hit it at around 80 kmph. Poor dog went under the car and I could see it rolling over in the rear view mirror. After driving for half a km, I stopped the car and took a look.

Thankfully it was only a bent bumper , a cracked number plate and a bent AC condensor. The AC is working fine for the past 17 months, so I did not bother. The bumper could be pulled back to shape, but my son hit something else a few months later. I need to replace the bumper as it is slightly broken near the fender, and cannot be fixed.

The S.A. in Ford said it would cost around 4 K out of which insurance would give around 50% as it is a plastic part. He also said that I could get a new bumper and the new model's headlamps fixed for 15 K, and that would give me better visibility at night. I have not decided on this for the past year and will decide perhaps after something else hits my front bumper.
Old 22nd October 2014, 20:26   #9643
Senior - BHPian

@rohing: this is a perineal problem with Ford vehicles. My Figo has had this issue twice after 3 1/2 years and about 70k. My FIL's Fusion developed same problem again at about 3 years. He spent >1 lakh on A/C repairs but no respite till he sold it. My BIL's old Fiesta had the same problem till he replaced it with an outside A/C shop with separate switch. His new Fiesta also has given him A/C problems. All cars were serviced at Tirunelveli, Madurai, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore. 6 service stations in all.
So welcome to the club. Not much can be done about it.
Old 22nd October 2014, 20:34   #9644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I had exactly the same issue in May 2013. A small dog dashed across the Nagpur highway at lightning speed, and my car hit it at around 80 kmph.

You are describing my exact predicament. The AC is working fine and I am not planning to touch the condenser unless its required. The bumper looks ok from the outside and you can see the cracks only when observed closely.

I think I'm gonna wait on the bumper and replace it when it's absolutely required. Thanks for your help. Just one question, does the 15k you had mentioned, include both headlamps and bumper without insurance?
Old 22nd October 2014, 20:37   #9645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
MyAC is giving me some issues. It works well during start and short rides. However, After 3+ hrs on a highway ride it suddenly changes behavior. Whatever the setting on the blower the volume of air does not increase but noise from blower increases. The volume of air is equal to setting 1 even if blower is in 4. The air is not very cold either and it gets hot in the cabin. After switching off for a while it behaves normally. Has anyone faced it?? My TDCI is 3.5 yrs old and run 60k.
Have you tried cleaning the cabin air filter? The air volume comes down if the filter is clogged. Its not that easy to access, have to take the glove box off.
In my Fiesta, I couldn't take it out as it has hitting the fuses. Hence took to to the A.S.S. If you are to replace it, it costs about Rs 600.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks