Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 13:20   #9481
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Do you know how to make your girlfriend/wife say sorry first after a fight? Ford Figo is the answer!
Just checkout their website!

New Figo comes with average fuel indicator. Does anyone get a chance to check its accuracy? I am planning to retrofit it in my Figo if possible.
Please tell us how you are going to go about retrofitting it.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 13:36   #9482
BHPian

My aunt (masi) just bought a figo(P) titanium a couple of weeks back. Since she is not at all a car person, she has asked me to compile a list of possible problems that might occur after the 3 year warranty period expires.
Any particular ford problem floating around? (Other than FASS)
Anyone with any possible feedback (even the minor ones), pls comment.
Old 14th August 2014, 16:53   #9483
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
My aunt (masi) just bought a figo(P) titanium a couple of weeks back. Since she is not at all a car person, she has asked me to compile a list of possible problems that might occur after the 3 year warranty period expires.
Any particular ford problem floating around? (Other than FASS)
Anyone with any possible feedback (even the minor ones), pls comment.
Depends on how well the car is driven and maintained.

The only possible issue I can see on a 1.2 is the AC working intermittently , which again may have been fixed on the new cars.
Old 15th August 2014, 15:06   #9484
BHPian

Hello friends,

I am searching a pre-owned diesel hatchback for my brother in bangalore. I am thinking of ford figo, Swift and Ritz. I am curious to know the maintenance cost of ford figo, as this will be our first ford in our family. Just wanted to compare the service interval, cost, availability of spares.
Is Ford Figo really worth considering as my concern is, my brother's daily usage will be around 100 kms so the car should be fuel efficient, reliable and easy to maintain.

Ford Figo owners kindly provide your valuable feedback.

Thanks.

P. S - I have had heard that Ford's ASS is expensive so please shed some light on it.
Old 15th August 2014, 20:35   #9485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Hello friends,

I am searching a pre-owned diesel hatchback for my brother in bangalore. I am thinking of ford figo, Swift and Ritz. I am curious to know the maintenance cost of ford figo, as this will be our first ford in our family. Just wanted to compare the service interval, cost, availability of spares.
Is Ford Figo really worth considering as my concern is, my brother's daily usage will be around 100 kms so the car should be fuel efficient, reliable and easy to maintain.

Thanks.

P. S - I have had heard that Ford's ASS is expensive so please shed some light on it.
Hi KING DYSP. I have been driving a Figo TDCi Titanium for the past 4.5 years. I have been very satisfied and happy with the car. Figo really gives you a 'big car' feel when you drive it, which is lacking in the other two cars you mentioned. Servicing is an area where Ford does lack behind Maruti, atleast when it comes to service guys' professionalism. For the most part though, they do the job. But do enquire about reputable Ford service centers in Bangalore. Also, the resale value of Figo is admittedly lesser than that of its Maruti competitors. This fact is actually a double-edged sword, the advantage being that you will be able to buy the car cheaper, and disadvantage being that when you sell the car, you'll have to sell it cheaper.

Servicing costs have been low throughout, with the bill well under 5 grands always and service interval of 10,000 km/12 months. Also, spares have been readily available with the service centers. The car has been quite reliable, with no major issues. Here is a comparative list of Figo, Swift and Ritz spare parts prices. I can tell you this list is accurate as far as Figo prices are concerned. I'm assuming it must be correct for Swift and Ritz as well. As you can see, Figo is actually cheaper to maintain.

http://www.insurancethrottle.com/car...dservicecosts/

Only major issues till date, after 50,000 kms of usage:
1. Steering fluid Pump leak. New pump cost about Rs. 8000.
2. Coolant hose pipe leak. Also cost around Rs. 8000.

Both the parts were ready in stock. Ford usually prescribes 'replace' rather than 'repair'.

Hope this helps! Regards.
Severus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 21:42   #9486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Hello friends,

Thanks.

The Figo has 10000km/1 year service intervals, service costs are around 4-7k, depending on what parts are changed and price hikes for spares. The Figo is consciously kept price controlled to beat the Swift, which many owners have said is not all that cheap to maintain, but there are always many others who think otherwise ; service centres also play a crucial role, adding parts to change that are not in the manual or charging for stuff that should be part of the basic service. Some parts are cheaper that Swift's equivalent, some more expensive.

Fuel economy is quite good, my dad gets 18km/l in city cycle, 22-23 on highways.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 00:49   #9487
Senior - BHPian

While I agree that ford spares are quite affordable, their labour charges are way too high. Sometimes exceeding the cost of the part itself.
Also their replace rather than repair policy tends to be expensive in the long run.
Which is a good service center in North Bangalore? I've seen one in yeshwanthpur. Any recommendation?
Old 18th August 2014, 11:18   #9488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Please tell us how you are going to go about retrofitting it.
Probably it would be just an additional wire joint from ECU to speedo console. If not then replace the odo-trip-DTE display with the new one having FE.

Yesterday was an eventful day for me. I was traveling to Pune on NH4. As you approach Pune from Satara, there are lot of "diversions" which are there since long and no progress on the construction . I was travelling at a speed around 120 km/hr. While I saw all cars in the front braking hard due to some accident. I also slammed my brakes. Spot on ABS kicked in! Both indicators started flashing (danger alert)automatically! I experienced this feature for the first time. Very thoughtful Ford.

After travelling few kms ahead, there was a queue due to narrow road. While I was waiting behind a car; LOUD THUD! We experienced a light jerk and big noise. I and my wife were startled. Somebody banged in from behind. I pulled over and got down to see. It was VW which rammed into my car. A guy was driving who was frightened and didn't get down from his VW. While his wife/girlfriend got down and started saying sorry as they couldn't control the car. Crowd gathered. I was stunned to see no damages to any of the car! With the thud intensity while getting down I was thinking rear bumper must have crashed. But it didn't. Figo took the impact very well. Just a minor scratch on its bumper. Again Figo made me proud for its build quality.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:31   #9489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Which is a good service center in North Bangalore? I've seen one in yeshwanthpur. Any recommendation?
The one in Yeshwanthpur is Metro Ford Quick lane service centre. You can also check out Cauvery Ford at Magadi road, Oklipuram. I have been servicing there regularly and haven't faced any major issues so far.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:58   #9490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Probably it would be just an additional wire joint from ECU to speedo console. If not then replace the odo-trip-DTE display with the new one having FE.
I guess the ECU might have been updated to give this. You anyway get the DTE; that uses RAFE(running average fuel efficiency).
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:06   #9491
BHPian

Got this FORD keychain few days back. Looks perfect with the keys isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wp_20140822_001.jpg  

kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 20:45   #9492
BHPian

Guys,
I have a FIGO Diesel and Changed the engine oil to Fully synthetic when the car had run 35000kms. Now the ODO reading is close to 42000Kms and what I have noticed is a substantial drop in the engine oil level. The oil level when i use the dip-stick is just at ONE point (i guess its at MIN level). The question is will the engine oil level reduce so drastically within 7000kms from oil change? Has anyother person experienced the same? Is it normal or is there any problem with the car?
Old 23rd August 2014, 21:34   #9493

Hi kiran_cr, this amount of oil consumption is certainly not normal. Mine too is Figo 1.4 TDCI unit, but have never seen any engine oil consumption on it. Once filled oil lasts for full 10k kms without any oil level drop.
Why it may be happening is some thing i'll leave for tbhp gurus to speak, since i too am novice at these matters.
Sameer_Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:26   #9494
Senior - BHPian

I am of the opinion that no Guru can do anything about this engine.

Just use the ford spec 5W30 oil from Ford ASC and any extreme deviations from this grade and engine don't like it.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 17:45   #9495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I am of the opinion that no Guru can do anything about this engine.

Just use the ford spec 5W30 oil from Ford ASC and any extreme deviations from this grade and engine don't like it.
Thanks ramzsys, I will try to get the oil changed at FASS his week itself. I hope it doesnt require an oil flush.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks