Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 15:21   #9586
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hey guys, our Figo's 1st year insurance is expiring and the Rolay Sundram guys are quoting RS 18k(zero dep) with 5.01lakh IDV. Is this fair? looks like a bit on higher side on me.
I got a similar quote from the dealer when my first year insurance expired. Check which companies the dealer has a cashless tie up with and explore other options. I went ahead with Bajaj Allianz - 4.95 L IDV, 0 Dep., Engine cover for 16500/- (including a 20% NCB).

On the other hand, I saw some really low premiums being quoted on the Ecosport thread - ~13000 for IDV 8L !! Take a look at that thread.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 15:48   #9587
BHPian

My Figo is completing 2 years in November. I currently have ICICI Lombard Zero dep insurance. I had one claim during the year so i stand to lose NCB on next renewal.

When I was checking the quotes online, ICICI gave me a quote of 17200 on Rs 4.2 lakh IDV. I found Bajaj Alianz on a cheaper side offering 3 options. It was giving me zero dep, 2.5k self contribution insurance at 16k with the IDV of 4.7 lakhs. And again I have an option to increase the IDV.

HDFC Ergo was the costliest quoting 19000.
Old 1st October 2014, 16:07   #9588
Senior - BHPian

Got an emailer from Ford yesterday saying 5th year extended warranty is now available for the Figo. Anybody have an idea on price ?

http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...ended-warranty
Old 1st October 2014, 16:54   #9589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
My Figo is completing 2 years in November. I currently have ICICI Lombard Zero dep insurance. I had one claim during the year so i stand to lose NCB on next renewal.

When I was checking the quotes online, ICICI gave me a quote of 17200 on Rs 4.2 lakh IDV. I found Bajaj Alianz on a cheaper side offering 3 options. It was giving me zero dep, 2.5k self contribution insurance at 16k with the IDV of 4.7 lakhs. And again I have an option to increase the IDV.

Hi - my Figo completed 2 years and I renewed my insurance with Bharti Axa. The quote was Rs. 15600/- with 100% add on cover & without NCB . Rs1500/- is the minimum deductible.
Old 1st October 2014, 18:05   #9590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
Hi - my Figo completed 2 years and I renewed my insurance with Bharti Axa. The quote was Rs. 15600/- with 100% add on cover & without NCB . Rs1500/- is the minimum deductible.
Forgot to mention the IDV. It is 4.6 L.
Old 1st October 2014, 20:04   #9591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post

I got my 2012 Figo insurance renewed in August 2014. Chose Royal Sundaram Zero Dep + Full Invoice Price Option @ an IDV of 4.23 lakh - paid 13k for it.
Old 1st October 2014, 20:28   #9592
BHPian

Thankyou very much for replys guy, I have an another question. Tomorrow I am going to get our Figo serviced(10k second free service). As you all know that the labor is free for first two services, my question is that will alignment charges(except consumables) be free or they will charge for alignment? A quick reply will be really great!
Old 1st October 2014, 20:34   #9593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I am facing new small problem with my TDCi Titanium Figo. The passenger airbag cover has become very slightly loose and there are rattles because of that on bumpy roads/a particular engine RPM. I can see that the cover slides horizontally about 1 mm and the rattle stops if I simply touch the cover with hands.

Any recommendations on how to address this? Not sure what approach will FASS take. It obviously doesn't make sense to open up the dashboard to fix it. What could be an effective DIY fix (e.g. putting a small rubber padding in the cover gap) WITHOUT affecting/hindering airbag's basic operation?

Thanks
I'm facing the same issue in my petrol Figo Titanium. The service centre had initially filled the airbag console gaps with some rubber filling. I guess it'll be easier to fill it up with gluetac. Simple DIY. I'll be trying it out soon and will post pics soon!
Old 1st October 2014, 21:15   #9594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE
my question is that will alignment charges(except consumables) be free or they will charge for alignment
Alignment is chargeable irrespective of Free/Paid Service and Car/Manufacturer.
Old 1st October 2014, 23:51   #9595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Got an emailer from Ford yesterday saying 5th year extended warranty is now available for the Figo. Anybody have an idea on price ?

http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...ended-warranty
I did not get the email, but saw an ad from Ford on the 5th year warranty for Figos sold now. When I asked Mody Ford, I was told it costs 30 K for additional 3 years warranty, apart from the initial 2 given by Ford.

This apart, if someone already has extended warranty (like me, for 3rd year), then Ford only offers 4th year warranty for 12.5 K and not for the 5th year.

Ridiculous, if you ask me.
Old 2nd October 2014, 10:38   #9596
BHPian

Dear Figoites
I'm looking to buy a Figo for my sister to drive in around for local errands. There wont be any highway runs and will be driven on low speeds as well as 400km in a month. So its clearly petrol.
She likes the Figo and the choice we need to make is which variant. Lxi is going to be quite cheap but may miss lot of small features. I feel Exi may fit her. Though I'm getting Titanium OTR at 5.3L and Exi may be 60-70k cheaper.
I want to know hows the mileage as there were lot of issues with mileage initially.
Secondly, whats the service cost per year?
Also, does it make sense to go for Diesel Zxi which is close to titanium Petrol?
Other contenders are Classic Lxi and Grand I10. Any thoughts?
thanks a lot
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:18   #9597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Dear Figoites
I'm looking to buy a Figo for my sister to drive in around for local errands. There wont be any highway runs and will be driven on low speeds as well as 400km in a month. So its clearly petrol.
Also, does it make sense to go for Diesel Zxi which is close to titanium Petrol?
thanks a lot
I would not suggest a Petrol Figo - test drove one for a college and the engine is surely underwhelming. Suggest an i10 instead. If you insist on a Figo - then it has to be a diesel.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:21   #9598
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Ford Figo : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Dear Figoites
She likes the Figo and the choice we need to make is which variant. Lxi is going to be quite cheap but may miss lot of small features. I feel Exi may fit her. Though I'm getting Titanium OTR at 5.3L and Exi may be 60-70k cheaper.
I want to know hows the mileage as there were lot of issues with mileage initially.
thanks a lot
The figo is a good car but only in its Diesel avatar. It has a very lethargic petrol engine and neither is it very fuel efficient. I have the following suggestions for you-

1. Get a new figo diesel.

2. Get the Swift/ Ritz/ Brio and Grand i10 as they have some real good engine for a B-segment Hatch.

3. Look for a used automatic i10 or a brio.

The new figo petrol at 5.3 lakhs is seriously not justified so suggested you other options. All the best!

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:42   #9599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Figoites
thanks a lot
We have a petrol figo this is about 4 1/2 years old, always maintained at the Ford A.S.S

Millage is bad - >10 in the city with 100% Aircon.
service costs are very reasonable as long as the parts don't fail, For the first 3 years I do not see any major expenses.
Average service bills should be 3,000- 3,500 as long as you know what you need and what you don't.

With Diesel prices going up makes no sense picking up a diesel car now.
Take a look at others cars in the segment i10, Swift, ritz,
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 17:50   #9600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
The figo is a good car but only in its Diesel avatar. It has a very lethargic petrol engine and neither is it very fuel efficient. I have the following suggestions for you-

1. Get a new figo diesel.

2. Get the Swift/ Ritz/ Brio and Grand i10 as they have some real good engine for a B-segment Hatch.

3. Look for a used automatic i10 or a brio.

The new figo petrol at 5.3 lakhs is seriously not justified so suggested you other options. All the best!

Asit
Usage doesn't justify a diesel.
But i felt that at 5.3 OTR for Titanium is a great deal as other options in similar band like Grand I10 are not the top version. Titanium has music system/alloys/2 airbags etc and the new one has an higher GC as well.
throw in 4 yr 1Lakh warranty, the package looks tempting. Am i missing something big here?
We are Ok with Grand I10 as well but its quite pricey. Will reconfirm the prices tomo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
We have a petrol figo this is about 4 1/2 years old, always maintained at the Ford A.S.S

Millage is bad - >10 in the city with 100% Aircon.
service costs are very reasonable as long as the parts don't fail, For the first 3 years I do not see any major expenses.
Average service bills should be 3,000- 3,500 as long as you know what you need and what you don't.

With Diesel prices going up makes no sense picking up a diesel car now.
Take a look at others cars in the segment i10, Swift, ritz,
How much will Swift ZXI cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks