Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2014, 20:33   #9691
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Folks

For the second time in the past 4 months, my son faced this weird issue with the music player while trying to connect his phone over bluetooth. The system blanked out and then asked for the pass code, just like what happens when you disconnect the battery.

I remember the last time as it was me who read the manual and keyed in the pass code to get the system to work. This time it happened 2 days back. My son was able to get over the hitch by keying in the passcode. But I realized today that the time was not showing on the screen when I used the car early morning, after a gap of nearly a week.

When I asked my son, he told me what had happened. I could easily set the clock to display, but found that the time was wrong by 9 hours approx, which I could adjust.

What I wanted to know is if anyone else faced this peculiar issue. My son uses iPhone 5S.
Old 17th November 2014, 19:39   #9692
BHPian

My figo's (tdci)A.C cooling coil got changed last week.Repair work was carried out outside ASC.Car is 4years old and odo stands at 95k.Total cost came to 8300rs which includes coil+gas+labour.As per the technician this is a common complaint with figo and fiesta.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn3572.jpg  

Old 19th November 2014, 12:02   #9693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
My figo's (tdci)A.C cooling coil got changed last week.Repair work was carried out outside ASC.Car is 4years old and odo stands at 95k.Total cost came to 8300rs which includes coil+gas+labour.As per the technician this is a common complaint with figo and fiesta.
Yes even i have heard that fiesta has AC related issues. AC stopped working or you started facing reduced cooling? Any idea how much ASC charges for doing same job? Also how you managed to get the spare parts outside ASC
Old 19th November 2014, 18:40   #9694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I have a very funny problem with my Figo. The AC doesnt come on many times these days. It only blows warm air. But consistently if I hit a pothole, AC comes on just like that. Initially I thought it was just a coincidence. But now everytime the AC doesnt come on, I just have to hunt for a pothole/hump or some sharp edge on the road and viola! a waft of cool air comes in. I guess there is some loose connection somewhere and plan to get it tackled at at the 70k service.

Dear Deep Blue, I too had faced this problem. And this is one of the Figo's common issue. Get the AC Coupler replaced at the ASC. That should solve the issue. I took my Figo for the same reason and they replaced the coupler as part of warranty. It is a 1 hour job as far as my experience says.
G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 12:32   #9695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
Dear Deep Blue, I too had faced this problem. And this is one of the Figo's common issue. Get the AC Coupler replaced at the ASC. That should solve the issue. I took my Figo for the same reason and they replaced the coupler as part of warranty. It is a 1 hour job as far as my experience says.
Thanks for the info. I will get it changed at the 70k service which is nearing. I am out of warranty.
Good you have given me the diagnosis. The guys at the service will otherwise take two or three trial attempts to fix the issue.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 21st November 2014 at 12:33.
Old 22nd November 2014, 13:16   #9696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Yes even i have heard that fiesta has AC related issues. AC stopped working or you started facing reduced cooling? Any idea how much ASC charges for doing same job? Also how you managed to get the spare parts outside ASC
Hi Shenoy
First symptoms were an intermittent hissing sound,lesser cooling,then one day compressor was not cutting in with switch on.The day this thing happened there was a pool of green coloured oily liquid in the garage under the engine bay just under the a.c drain pipe.As per SA in ford it comes around 11k.Figo and fiesta classic shares the same cooling coil which is availiable in the market.
Esu Junior is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 18:55   #9697
Senior - BHPian

A few days back the ABS light came on the car when my wife was driving the car. Took the car t the FOrd service station. They diagnosed that the wheel bearings ( rear) had worn out. Got them replaced. In addition the front suspension & steering bit also needed to be replaced. the components replaced included transmission linkage, tie rods etc . The cost came to a whopping 26.8 K. This car has 64K on the odo and is not even 4 years old. This was not even a routine service . every time the car goes to the serviice station, I start getting the heebeejeebies. I am dreding a big fat bill at the 70K service. Surely it has been a very negtive experience for me. Will never recommend a Ford to anybody. it may be solidly built but it certainly is very expensive to maintain.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:01   #9698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
As I had reported earlier, I had been getting intermittent engine check light in my Ford figo titanium. I tried to read the error code via obd2, but it showed no error codes. Finally today, the clutch gave up and became lifeless. Got the vehicle towed to my fng. Will know the work required and the damage to the pocket tomorrow.

While it affected my plans for today, I am relived that (hopefully) finally the issue is in the open and once it is fixed, the check engine light will also be history.
There is an update on the clutch failure issue in my Ford Figo (P) Titanium. I got the work done by my FNG and the parts replaced as per the Invoice included Clutch Kit (I believe it means Clutch Plate Assembly - with Clutch Plate, Flywheel, Pressure Plate, Brake Fluid etc.), Clutch Bearing and Clutch Master Cylinder.

The total cost including labour charges came to Rs. 13,000. Again, not sure if it is high or low, but I hope I saved some money by not going to Ford A**. Look forward to inputs on how much it would have costed in Ford A**.

Frustratingly, the next day after the clutch repair, I took the car out and had to encounter the dreaded engine check light thrice in a distance of 20 kms. Took the car again to FNG and asked him to look into it. I had read somewhere that 'Throttle Body Cleaning' and / or 'Fuel Injectors Cleaning' could help. Got the 'Throttle Body Cleaning' done in front of me and also got the K&N Filter cleaned with a blower. Since then, have driven the car for another 80 kms and thankfully, haven't encountered the engine check light again. Will continue to monitor it and in case it reappears, I plan to go for 'Fuel Injectors Cleaning'.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 13:12   #9699
Mik
BHPian

Yesterday at night I had a rather unsettling experience. Mine is now 2.5 years old and is primarily doing weekend shopping duties.
Cranking took a second longer (first time ever! even though I had done around 50 km on it on Saturday). After running around 5km I accelerated a bit and the car simply switched off - flashing the engine warning light. I pulled over and switched off the car immediately. Checked the vital fluids and things seemed ok.

Switched on the car again and all was Ok. Did another 15 km without any issues.
Any pointers as to what could be the issue?

Note: I have the race dynamics box installed and it was at the E (Economy) mode.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:56   #9700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Hi Shenoy
First symptoms were an intermittent hissing sound,lesser cooling,then one day compressor was not cutting in with switch on.The day this thing happened there was a pool of green coloured oily liquid in the garage under the engine bay just under the a.c drain pipe.As per SA in ford it comes around 11k.Figo and fiesta classic shares the same cooling coil which is availiable in the market.
I hear intermittent hissing sound in my figo AC. Initially say around 10-20K kms i dont remember hearing this hissing sound but now a days with car approaching 30K, i hear this hissing sound especially when i set AC to lower temperature. In my old zen hissing sound is very frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
A few days back the ABS light came on the car when my wife was driving the car....... 26.8 K. . I am dreding a big fat bill at the 70K service. Surely it has been a very negtive experience for me. Will never recommend a Ford to anybody. it may be solidly built but it certainly is very expensive to maintain.
Seriously! 27K bill is way to much for an adhoc repair. Probably my figo will start clocking 1500+ KMs a month. Seeing these kind of bills makes me wonder if I should simply replace Figo with a Ritz or a Swift if at all i go into heavy monthly run situation. Any other expensive bill experiences?

PS: But again I keep hearing that lower maintenance of Maruti is myth and they are nearly as expensive as others.
Old 24th November 2014, 15:25   #9701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... They diagnosed that the wheel bearings ( rear) had worn out. Got them replaced. ....
Did you hear any noise when cruising at higher speeds ? If bearings are gone you will hear a whine that gets louder as speed increases. Also I don't think there is any connection between the ABS sensors and wheel bearings. (??)

On the other parts also you should have got a second opinion as it doesn't seem like you had any complaint other than the ABS light.

Dealers are always looking to make money and suggest replacements left, right & centre.

On another note, a friends Figo is displaying some weird behaviour with the AC fan. In his car the AC fan runs for a few seconds and keeps cutting off. It's making quite a racket as well and can be heard a mile away ! The AC is working fine though. I'm suspecting the fan relay - anyone faced this issue ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 24th November 2014 at 15:32.
Old 24th November 2014, 22:29   #9702
Senior - BHPian

[quote=fiat_tarun;3587532]Did you hear any noise when cruising at higher speeds ? If bearings are gone you will hear a whine that gets louder as speed increases. Also I don't think there is any connection between the ABS sensors and wheel bearings. (??)

On the other parts also you should have got a second opinion as it doesn't seem like you had any complaint other than the ABS light.

Well, there were other parts as well like the rear brake shoes. If the bearings are worn out the ABS sensor gets effected. Fortunately the sensor did not have to be replaced. It costs 10.7 K. The car is driven at moderate speeds and the car was not absolutely silent. This is the second time I have had to spend for repairs required before the scheduled service. Last time the V Belt had snapped out and it needed to be replaced with the bearings setting me back by 13K. This time I took the car to a different dealer. This dealer had comparatively better personnel and I have the replaced parts in my boot.
Old 25th November 2014, 13:57   #9703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last time the V Belt had snapped out and it needed to be replaced with the bearings setting me back by 13K. This time I took the car to a different dealer. This dealer had comparatively better personnel and I have the replaced parts in my boot.
How many Kilometers your car had run when V Belt had snapped? In couple of posts people have mentioned V Belt failures at 40-50K
Old 27th November 2014, 20:10   #9704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
How many Kilometers your car had run when V Belt had snapped? In couple of posts people have mentioned V Belt failures at 40-50K
Approx 57 K Km . I have never faced this kind of maintenance costs and premature failure in any of the cars I have owned and this includes the much maligned Tata Indica.
Old 27th November 2014, 21:45   #9705
BHPian

Belt snapped twice in my figo. Once at around 30000 and next at 75000. Third time I got it changed at 80k service. Apparently there was a play in the bearing and tensionors. Costed me 13000 to change pulls, belt and tensioners. 80k service costed me 26000 RS. Got shockers also changed because they had started to leak. Expensive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks