Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 19:53   #9781
BANNED

Hi fellow Figo owners,

Does anyone have a copy of the Parts catalogue and Workshop manual for Figo TDCi. Also please enlighten if it is available for sale from FASS over the counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I know they are passing on the gateway charges, but if small supermarkets are able to absorb these charges, the dealer must work around this. Imagine paying bigger repairs / body work where bill amounts will be quite high. You cannot expect customers to carry around so much in cash.

Do dealers in other cities charge this ? Maruti never charged me a card fee (in Pune).
This is really crap with the part of MPL Tarun. I raised concerns regarding this to the maximum possible level during my last 1 year/10K service. I even gave them a negative score for this when I got a call from Ford. But it looks like they still have no plans to change. May be because of the losses that they are into(their Taramani Ford showroom, one of the Mahindra Service centres were closed) - they are trying to cope it with such things.

Mods - I couldn't merge this to my previous post though I have the edit option, can you please merge this?

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2015 at 11:56. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 14th January 2015, 22:45   #9782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
This is really crap with the part of MPL Tarun. I raised concerns regarding this to the maximum possible level during my last 1 year/10K service. I even gave them a negative score for this when I got a call from Ford. But it looks like they still have no plans to change. May be because of the losses that they are into(their Taramani Ford showroom, one of the Mahindra Service centres were closed) - they are trying to cope it with such things...
I had written to Ford India on this issue and the response from Ford was that it was the dealer practice and Ford cannot control these things. The MPL GM also called me and acknowledged the issue. He said it was a decision by their finance team and that this issue would be discussed at their next meeting. I'm not sure if anything has changed after that.
Old 14th January 2015, 23:37   #9783
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Sigh. So quick. Ikon lasted a full 10 years, so did the old fiesta. Mondeo and Fusion did not sell in large numbers in the first case.

But not the Figo. It made Ford accessible to the common man, yet, just 5 years. And when the Classic too gets discontinued, the era(read:feel) of hydraulic power steerings gets over too.
The competitive landscape is very different now compared to when Ikon was introduced. Those days it was the most happening car and competing with likes of Esteem and Accent. Figo was hardly modern even when it was launched against its competition. Today cars like i10 G, i20, Swift, Polo are way ahead in design

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Has anybody had a chance to review any of the below headlights ?
1. Osram Night Breaker Unlimited +110%
2. Philips x-treme vision +130%

The accessories shop in chennai are charging ₹3600 for Osram H4 ones, i want to find out how good they are since the stock headlamps are not close to being good in Figos.

X-treme Vision +100% are very hard to get and X-treme vision +130% are not available yet, wondering if they are good.

Powerbulbs UK seems to sell Osram and Philips ones at much lower cost (including shipping and a 15% discount currently) that Chennai retail.

The question is, is it really worth looking at these performance bulbs ?
I have Osram NB+ which costed about 1.1K for a pair. Not sure what are these +110%. NB+ Certainly improve over stock by ~20% but not significant margin. Going to 100W ones should improve things. However you will always be limited by the throw of the reflectors which essentially defines the spread of the beam.
Old 15th January 2015, 16:12   #9784
BANNED

Folks, My figo has covered 65K and the front right shock absorbers is leaking. When I went to the FNG, he suggested that along with the shock absorbers, I should also change the kit,i.e, related bushes, etc (not the spring though). Please let me know your views on this so that I can do accordingly,
Cheers,
RD
Old 15th January 2015, 17:13   #9785
BHPian

Folks,
I had posted a query on tyre upgrade on a separate forum,
(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3612116)
But thought of sharing here too to the larger participants and a quicker suggestions.

I am done 42k on my 2.5 yr old red beauty. Off late there's lot of vibrations coming from the wheels and coupled with 3 punctures in the last 2 months (total 4 punctures till date) is a clear indications that I need to replace the stock tyres. The report card @ 40k service has indeed marked it as yellow, but I thought if I could stretch it out a little more on the MRF tyres (I know I am expecting little more ).
I was contemplating on upgrade in size, but apparently I am convinced that sticking to OE size is the best bet, beside not risking on the suspension warranty issues. Any other thoughts?
Thanks to this forum I almost shortlisted XM2, but I learnt its of soft compound type. As I go for lot of highway drives and on unknown bad roads as directed by my GPS , I am skeptical on going for XM2 though it would provide a better grip. Finally I am looking for Bridgestone Turanza AR20 model. I would really appreciate if some one can provide any review comments on it. I was quoted aprrox Rs.5K per tyre. Is it on a higher side. Any good shop near JP Nagar Blore?
Old 16th January 2015, 09:42   #9786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Folks,
I am done 42k on my 2.5 yr old red beauty. Off late there's lot of vibrations coming from the wheels and coupled with 3 punctures in the last 2 months (total 4 punctures till date) is a clear indications that I need to replace the stock tyres. The report card @ 40k service has indeed marked it as yellow, but I thought if I could stretch it out a little more on the MRF tyres (I know I am expecting little more ).
It has reached the end of its life, you maybe able to squeeze a couple thousand kms out of it, but the risk is not worth it. You have a weekend coming up, change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
I was contemplating on upgrade in size, but apparently I am convinced that sticking to OE size is the best bet, beside not risking on the suspension warranty issues. Any other thoughts?
Thanks to this forum I almost shortlisted XM2, but I learnt its of soft compound type. As I go for lot of highway drives and on unknown bad roads as directed by my GPS , I am skeptical on going for XM2 though it would provide a better grip. Finally I am looking for Bridgestone Turanza AR20 model. I would really appreciate if some one can provide any review comments on it. I was quoted aprrox Rs.5K per tyre. Is it on a higher side. Any good shop near JP Nagar Blore?
I upsized to 18/65/14 Apollo's (no can't remember which one, I think it is this one), for ~16,000 for 4. And I am not liking it, I miss the handling precision the 175, which I feel is perfectly mated to the Figo.
Apart from that the Apollo's are doing fine on all good and bad roads.

Hope this helps
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 09:42   #9787
Team-BHP Support

After battery removal, the OE music system asks for password. After entering password, nothing happens

Switched the music system off and it asks to wait for 30 minutes again.
Old 18th January 2015, 10:44   #9788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
After battery removal, the OE music system asks for password. After entering password, nothing happens

Switched the music system off and it asks to wait for 30 minutes again.
May be you entered a wrong password.. It will open up and ask for password again after 30 minutes.
Old 18th January 2015, 11:30   #9789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
May be you entered a wrong password.. It will open up and ask for password again after 30 minutes.
I did enter the correct password. The one written in the glovebox.
Old 19th January 2015, 11:11   #9790
BHPian

Quote:
Check the Owners Manual. The password is written there too (By the PDI team) perhaps the one in the glovebox is wrong
Old 19th January 2015, 12:31   #9791
BHPian

Quote:
The password for the HU is written in the HU audio manual which is given along with the Owners manual. It has a pic of the HU on it.

I faced the same issue when I disconnected the battery to fix the racechip. Did not know where the code was. Was left without music for a couple of days.
Old 19th January 2015, 19:15   #9792
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Recently I had an opportunity to drive a diesel Figo for almost 900 Kms. We did a trip to Coorg from B'lore and hired self-drive zoom cars (a couple of Figos). I drove a car which had 40K kms on the Odo and I must say I was pretty impressed with the drivability and handling of the car. The car drove beautifully over all types of roads and didn't pose any issues during the trip.

However, I have one question though coz this was the first time I was driving a diesel car. When the car is idling and stationary, I felt the car vibrated every 4-5 seconds, when the engine was running. Felt like as if the entire car moved side to side, during these vibration, which obviously were caused by the running engine. I wanted to know if all Figo cars suffer from such vibrations when idling or whether this is limited to dielsel Figos or all diesel cars in general.

Pardon my ignorance but since that was the first time I drove a diesel car, I'm getting this feeling that this could be with all diesel cars. Must say I loved the torque though; the car felt powerful and relaxed at high speeds.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:38   #9793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Check the Owners Manual. The password is written there too (By the PDI team) perhaps the one in the glovebox is wrong
As said, I had entered the password pasted in the glovebox, but didn't know what to do next.

This time around, after pressing the 4 digit password, pressed the 5th key (numerical) and voila, it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
The password for the HU is written in the HU audio manual which is given along with the Owners manual. It has a pic of the HU on it.

BTW, sadly my Figo is sold, more than a month ago. The guy is a newbie and had drained its battery, so the ICE reset itself, hence the circus.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:01   #9794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
However, I have one question though coz this was the first time I was driving a diesel car. When the car is idling and stationary, I felt the car vibrated every 4-5 seconds, when the engine was running. Felt like as if the entire car moved side to side, during these vibration, which obviously were caused by the running engine. I wanted to know if all Figo cars suffer from such vibrations when idling or whether this is limited to dielsel Figos or all diesel cars in general.

While, I would not call it a vibration, you do feel this slight jerk and that is when the AC compressor cuts on / off (when the car is stationary). I think it is present in all Figo's, but it isn't all that noticeable unless you are looking for it.
Old 20th January 2015, 15:51   #9795
Senior - BHPian

I was recently quoted ₹60k for my 80k Kms service at Akshya Ford, Tirunelveli. Being suspicious, I refused to do the advised work. Today I had been to Metro Ford in Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore. I didn't inform them about my previous experience and told them to check my brakes and my accessory belt. I was told that both were fine and my work was done for ₹492/-. I was also offered a free car wash. There was some mention about injector replacement but I refused to acknowledge it. Overall experience was good and staff were excellent. One gripe was that another service exec took my car for a joyride to buy himself breakfast right in front of my eyes.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks