Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2015, 02:58   #9826
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Upgrading the tires might help you negotiate the huge speed breakers. The 185/65 provides the much needed extra GC and is a lot better than the stock tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Honestly, if the Figo suspension is made any stiffer it will become a Tractor

So going at an angle seems to be the only option? Tyre Pressure recommendations when fully loaded?

Bear in mind I hardly ever get hit when I am the lone occupant - which is 90% of the time.
yes You could also upgrade them to 185/70 R14. This will give you enormous ground clearance.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 08:15   #9827
Senior - BHPian

@captain slow: do you know anyone using 185/70 R14? How about 185/65 R15? Probably give the same stance as Fusion.
Old 29th January 2015, 10:42   #9828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@captain slow: do you know anyone using 185/70 R14? How about 185/65 R15? Probably give the same stance as Fusion.
I use 185/70 R14 Yoko A drive on my Figo. Going good with good GC.
Old 29th January 2015, 12:21   #9829
BHPian

Ford CEO Mark fields likely to inaugrate the new Ford factory at sanand , Gujarat .

During the month of july , sub 4m compact sedan Ford ka + to be launched .

During september probably , all new figo to be launched with 1 litre ecoboost engine . ( the one in ecosport without turbocharger ) .

source : Business standard .
Old 29th January 2015, 19:03   #9830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
I use 185/70 R14 Yoko A drive on my Figo. Going good with good GC.
Yes It has! Feels like your are driving a much taller car!
Several owners I know have safely upgraded to 185/70's on stock steel rims, one them has done the same on aftermarket alloys.
This gives the car a much needed ground clearance boost! Even with 4 healthy adults the car doesn't scrape anywhere!

There is no touching or scraping of the wheels in the arches or fender even during full turns.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 22:47   #9831
BHPian

Finally changed my Figo's shoes. Got her Michelin energy XM2 tyres which replace stock MRFs at 38000 kms. The MRFs were still good to go for another 10000 kms but was fed up with punctures.

XM2s are super silent, soft and comfortable. Steering feels a bit agile than before.

Got it from Lokmanya on Karve road, 4550 each with free nitrogen and Italian make valves. Got nothing for old MRFs as they were in a bad state primarily because of puncture walas where I fixed punctures

Also received Satya Paul wallet and belt as a promotional offer from Michelin.
Old 1st February 2015, 17:46   #9832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
During september probably , all new figo to be launched with 1 litre ecoboost engine . ( the one in ecosport without turbocharger ) .

source : Business standard .
This is a typo, I guess. How can you have an 'Ecoboost' without a turbo?

By the way, the new Figo with the Ecoboost engine will surely be a great thing on Ford's portfolio. It will provide, hopefully, a cheaper option to those who want hot hatches like the Polo TSI and the Punto Evo Tjet.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 22:33   #9833
BHPian

@vnabhi

i refer to the information pertaining to the same from

rushalane.com, motoroids.com,indianautosblog.com .

They have mentioned clearly that it will be an 1ltr ecoboost unit devoid of a turbocharger .

I'm not precisely sure what it means technically , but i understand it may be a scaled down version of ecoboost engine . This may be to reduce power output , considering the size of the hatch or a cost cutting measure to make the car affordable . Not sure about the same .

Kindly correct me if iam wrong .
abkett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 22:47   #9834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
They have mentioned clearly that it will be an 1ltr ecoboost unit devoid of a turbocharger .

I'm not precisely sure what it means technically , but i understand it may be a scaled down version of ecoboost engine . This may be to reduce power output , considering the size of the hatch or a cost cutting measure to make the car affordable . Not sure about the same .

Kindly correct me if iam wrong .
Well, after you've mentioned those sources, I scanned through Motoroids, which says "The wheezy 1.2-liter petrol unit will be replaced by a fully-localized, naturally aspirated, 1-litre petrol engine based on the EcoBoost architecture"

So it is not going to have a turbo, but I wonder what they mean by 'based on EcoBoost architecture'.
Old 2nd February 2015, 01:35   #9835
BHPian

This refers to dreaded Check Engine light reported by many Figo owners. After I got the throttle body cleaning done in my Figo petrol titanium, I haven't faced it even once in last 3 months. Hopefully, this has resolved the issue. Fellow Figo owners facing this issue can get it done and see if it resolves the issue for them.

Last edited by civic-dk : 2nd February 2015 at 01:36.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:23   #9836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
This refers to dreaded Check Engine light reported by many Figo owners. After I got the throttle body cleaning done in my Figo petrol titanium, I haven't faced it even once in last 3 months. Hopefully, this has resolved the issue. Fellow Figo owners facing this issue can get it done and see if it resolves the issue for them.
Did you notice any other improvement after the throttle body cleaning? better idling? smoothness?
Old 5th February 2015, 22:58   #9837
BHPian

Hey guys.
Just finished my 4th year service of my petrol figo. Only changed oil , spark plugs, air and ac filter.
Did an ac checkup and cleaning. All this was completed in 2hrs. Car was cleaned thoroughly. Overall very satisfied with the service and SA attitude. Dealer is Caculo ford.
Service breakup:
Parts: 1970/-
Labour: 2197/-
Tax:-( :519/-
Total cost: 4686/-
Ford also has a scheme on new batteries which is as follows ( price includes 500rs buyback of old battery):
1year warranty: 2900/-
2years warranty: 4700/-
3years warranty: 5700/-
I dont know if these prices are higher than similar warranty amaron batteries available outside. I was requested to change my battery since its all ready completed 4years and has additional burden of supporting a 2ch amp, extra horns and a 90/100 bulb setup since the past 2years. But since my car always starts with a single crank on cold starts,ill take a call when it really shows signs of age.:-)

Cheers!
Old 5th February 2015, 23:07   #9838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Please let us know how much you paid for that cleaning solution,where you got it from, and how much was the labour charge?
Old 6th February 2015, 00:54   #9839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Please let us know how much you paid for that cleaning solution,where you got it from, and how much was the labour charge?
I got the throttle body cleaned at my FNG. It hardly took 30 minutes. I believe the cleaning ensures that the throttle body moves smoothly under deceleration. Didn't have to pay anything as I had got clutch plate replacement work done there few days before.
Old 6th February 2015, 01:44   #9840
Senior - BHPian

During my 40K service (2.8 years old figo) ford service adviser asked me to change the battery citing battery test failure. Checked on team bhp and couple of threads suggested me to check battery voltage during cranking. I found that battery voltage were normal (11 volts). So i dint change the battery albeit car takes an extra moment during cold start.

Last week out of the blue car refused to start when brother had taken it to college. Symptoms of weak battery were predominantly shown by the car. So for once i thought "may be i should have listened to ford adviser". But later realized that battery was drained since headlight was on.

Now interesting part is, headlight switch was OFF but when my brother had used high-low pass beam to overtake vehicle. The stalk did not switch off headlight even after keys were removed. Even i had faced this issue before, operation on stalks switching on headlights. Solved it by doing some dim-dips & switching on and off headlight switches. Not sure if it is an issue with figo, occasional headlight ON due to usage of pass beam. any one here had faced similar issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Ford also has a scheme on new batteries which is as follows ( price includes 500rs buyback of old battery):
1year warranty: 2900/-
2years warranty: 4700/-
3years warranty: 5700/-
I dont know if these prices are higher than similar warranty amaron batteries available outside. I was requested to change my battery since its all ready completed 4years and has additional burden of supporting a 2ch amp, extra horns and a 90/100 bulb setup since the past 2years. But since my car always starts with a single crank on cold starts,ill take a call when it really shows signs of age.:-)

Cheers!
Assuming battery was dead, i was calling amron dealers to find out new battery prices. Amaron FLO Din 45 Ah with 18 months warranty and 18 months guarantee (not sure what is this ) was quoted at 4,000 rupees . This includes 700 rupee exchange for old battery.

By the way, please tell us brand of 90-100 bulb you are using in car. Any improvement on headlights after upgrade. Any effect on reflectors due to higher than mentioned wattage bulbs? have you used cut-outs to fix the 90-100 bulbs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks