Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 18:11   #9976
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
Hello Peeps ! I have recently booked a Ford Figo Zxi - Diesel after getting emense information from you all. The knowledge gaining is just Awesome ! Just want to understand things which i need to remember while getting the car delivered. The other question is about Rear Power Windows, is it possible to have controls in front for the after market ones or is it possible to have all power windows directly from Ford? Has anyone ever checked about it or have gotten them installed?
Congrats on your booking. However like many have already mentioned, the Figo is being phased out in the next few months and the all new Figo will launch by Diwali. Having said that, I still think the Figo is one of the best cars in the segment to drive and super value for money.

A bhpian has fitted power windows in his car - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-chipped.html. This is the basic Lxi model, so he got it done for all 4 windows, but yes it does look like it can be done.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 21st April 2015 at 18:12.
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:48   #9977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
I don't use USB......can be done to reinstate the earlier settings!!
OK an update. I tried playing the radio and calling my phone, the radio stopped playing and the stereo speakers were also ringing and the stereo shifted to the radio on its own once the call was disconnected.
Old 23rd April 2015, 13:03   #9978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
OK an update. I tried playing the radio and calling my phone, the radio stopped playing and the stereo speakers were also ringing and the stereo shifted to the radio on its own once the call was disconnected.
Ok, thanks for confirming. Looks like some problem I am facing. Not sure if the problem is in phone or the car audio unit. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but it didn't work. I guess time to visit FASS.
Old 5th May 2015, 19:09   #9979
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Can someone let me know the wiper sizes on the front windscreen of the Figo? And also the rear? I need to change my wipers soon, and the stock ones did not last even 2 seasons. As it is summer, I've been delaying.

I will go for Bosch wipers and not the Motorcraft ones sold by Ford. I had paid around 350 for the front wipers of my Fiesta from Bosch around 2 years ago, and they are still holding good. Prior to that I'd paid 700 to Ford A.S.S. and 100 labor for Motorcraft wipers, that barely lasted 3 seasons.
Old 5th May 2015, 20:40   #9980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys
Can someone let me know the wiper sizes on the front windscreen of the Figo? And also the rear? I need to change my wipers soon, and the stock ones did not last even 2 seasons. As it is summer, I've been delaying.

I will go for Bosch wipers and not the Motorcraft ones sold by Ford. I had paid around 350 for the front wipers of my Fiesta from Bosch around 2 years ago, and they are still holding good. Prior to that I'd paid 700 to Ford A.S.S. and 100 labor for Motorcraft wipers, that barely lasted 3 seasons.

Front: 22 & 16 inches
Rear: 12 inches
Motorcraft wipers wear off very fast.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 20:41   #9981
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys
Can someone let me know the wiper sizes on the front windscreen of the Figo? And also the rear?
Search did yield:

A) Front:
1) Driver: 22"
2) Passenger: 16"

B) Rear: 12"

Bosch/Hella are available in SnapDeal.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 22:55   #9982
Senior - BHPian

Thanks jayded and a4anurag.

Meantime, at a free summer camp,Vibrant Ford pointed out that my Figo's front brake pads might not last more than 1000 kms, as they were at 'yellow' status, which meant they were at the point of minimum safe thickness of 5 mm. I remembered that even Mody Ford had said the same during the 30 K service a couple of months ago.

So I went with the Service Advisor's recommendation of getting them changed, as the car is mostly used by my kids and I did not want to endanger them in any way by procrastination. The new pads were around 12 to 15 mm thick (don't remember the exact figure) and cost me Rs 2082 including labour charges. The brakes feel a tad better now, and that 'spongy feeling' suspicion that was lingering in my mind is now gone.

The disks were found to be fine and cleaned with sand paper. I believe if I'd delayed change of pads, even the disks would have needed a change soon. I did experience this on my Fiesta, where I had to change both pads and disks at 47000 on the odo. So it might be prudent to change brake pads as soon as they appear to be worn out.

The job was well done by the SA of Vibrant Ford, who threw in a free body wash, vacuuming and engine compartment cleaning. He also elevated the car and corrected the position of two stabilizer bars that are prone to getting twisted. He used a long rod to twist them back into shape.

Here are a few pictures:

New brake pads are much thicker, after mounting on rotor:

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20150423-12.05.21.jpg

Old pads at minimum thickness:

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20150410-10.53.14.jpg

Free engine bay wash

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20150410-12.19.23.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 23:39   #9983
BHPian

Guys,
Received a quote for extending 3rd year warranty to 4th year for Rs.14348. Any suggestion worth going for it.
Old 7th May 2015, 10:00   #9984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Guys,
Received a quote for extending 3rd year warranty to 4th year for Rs.14348. Any suggestion worth going for it.
I passed it up as I plan to exchange the car. It is worth if you intend keeping it for a couple of more years. Ford does find innovative ways of making money. 😆
Old 7th May 2015, 14:07   #9985
BHPian

My Figo is 4.5 years old and has already run 55000 km!! Need suggestion on battery replacement, as OEM battery was advised for change by the SA.

Is it advisable to get it done through Ford SC only with their usual battery or is there some advantages of getting it done somewhere else with some other battery brand. Also which other battery brand is suggested?

Kindly suggest!!
Old 7th May 2015, 22:13   #9986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Guys,
Strongly recommend to get it. Infact now 5th yr is also available. My car is 3yr old and has had needed few replacements like injector (24K) and diesel plunger (12K) change recently and none of the parts are cheap as you can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel@Figo View Post
My Figo is 4.5 years old and has already run 55000 km!! Need suggestion on battery replacement, as OEM battery was advised for change by the SA.

Is it advisable to get it done through Ford SC only with their usual battery or is there some advantages of getting it done somewhere else with some other battery brand. Also which other battery brand is suggested?

Kindly suggest!!
No significant advantage for the OEM battery as its about 1K more than the ones in outside market. Just go ahead and get it from batterywala and get good value for your old battery as well
Old 7th May 2015, 22:17   #9987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel@Figo View Post

Kindly suggest!!
My Figo just completed 3 years and has run 55k already. The OE battery conked off a couple of months ago. I dutifully called up the Ford service station and asked the price - 6.5k was the reply. I called up Amaron and a guy came home with the battery and took the old battery ànd installed the new battery. Total damage 5000 (new battery )- 500 (buy back for old battery )=4500. 😆.
Amazing!
Old 9th May 2015, 17:13   #9988
BHPian

Guys, my car (2011 1.4 TDCi) refuses to crank today. I suspect the battery has conked off. The battery voltage is fluctuating between 11.5v and 12.1v. What should be the voltage to start the car?
Old 9th May 2015, 17:38   #9989
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Guys, my car (2011 1.4 TDCi) refuses to crank today. I suspect the battery has conked off. The battery voltage is fluctuating between 11.5v and 12.1v. What should be the voltage to start the car?
10-11V is what is required IMO. Anything below is dead battery.

When was this fluctuation that you were noticing? Was it when ignition ON?
Old 9th May 2015, 18:16   #9990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
10-11V is what is required IMO. Anything below is dead battery.

When was this fluctuation that you were noticing? Was it when ignition ON?
It was 12 before I tried to crank. It went down to 11.5 after trying once.

I have ordered a battery through batterybhai.com. Let's see...

Most Viewed