Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 14:30   #10006
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Just got my OE battery replaced on Saturday with Exide Mileage for 4.5k. The original battery supported for more than 4.5 years and 55k kms on the odo!!!

Also got all four OE tyres replaced with Michelin 185/70 R14 upgrades!! Costed a total of 19k with each tyre costing 4.65k!!

The machine just got so much better to drive and it feels awesome!!

Loving it.
Niel@Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 14:40   #10007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel@Figo View Post
Just got my OE battery replaced on Saturday with Exide Mileage for 4.5k. The original battery supported for more than 4.5 years and 55k kms on the odo!!!

Also got all four OE tyres replaced with Michelin 185/70 R14 upgrades!! Costed a total of 19k with each tyre costing 4.65k!!

Loving it.
What a coincidence. I replaced my Figo's battery last weekend as well . I bought Amaron Flo at Rs 3.9k.

Quote:

Loving it.
What a coincidence. I replaced my Figo's battery last weekend as well . I bought Amaron Flo at Rs 3.8k.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th May 2015 at 06:45. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 14th May 2015, 00:03   #10008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
May be get the air filter cleaned once and also clean the MAF. Both these are easy DIY's.

Are the engine sounds the you hear normal or do you hear any kind of air leaking? Having a faint doubt on turbo plumbing leak.
Thanks Anurag, I tried checking the air filter it looked dirty but not a lot of dust was there in it, attaching picture. Could not find details on MAF cleaning so thinking of going to service center.

I have not heard any abnormal sounds or air leak but will get this also checked.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20150512_133536.jpg  

Old 14th May 2015, 11:40   #10009
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
What a coincidence. I replaced my Figo's battery last weekend as well . I bought Amaron Flo at Rs 3.9k.
I too changed my OEM battery couple of weeks back. It served for 4 years and 1 month (& 41312kms) to be precise. Went with Amaron Flo.
Old 14th May 2015, 12:18   #10010
BHPian

With the double change of battery and tyres, drive quality has improved, noise has reduced. Absolutely no mud flaps scrapping the speed breakers with the upsize.

Even though the steering has become slightly heavier due to upsize of tyre, I was pleasantly surprised today to see the FTE meter showing 578 after tank full rather than usual 530's. That's 1kmpl increase in FE. Might be a combination of the above and a slight alteration in my regular office route and timings.

Happy!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th May 2015 at 12:26. Reason: Edited out a smiley. Please pay attention next time! Thanks.
Niel@Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 15:39   #10011
BANNED

My decision to postpone the replacement of wiper blades (both front and rear) in my 1.8 year old Figo seems a not so happy decision for the summer rains in Chennai. I had been getting bad streaks during wipes in the front windscreen and moderate streaks in the rear along with a judder. I'm also not happy to extend my wallet and pay the extra buck to the grease monkeys a couple of hundreds for this simple job of replacing wiper blades. I could source 22" and 16" Bosch regular wipers for the front online. But the search for rear in 11" looks futile and all I could locate is Bosch regular wipers of 12" and 13" in size. Has anyone here used 12" or 13" in the rear of Figo here as there is a considerable space/margin at the top which I feel can accommodate the 12 inchers. Any pointers?
Old 18th May 2015, 15:49   #10012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
But the search for rear in 11" looks futile and all I could locate is Bosch regular wipers of 12" and 13" in size. Has anyone here used 12" or 13" in the rear of Figo here as there is a considerable space/margin at the top which I feel can accommodate the 12 inchers. Any pointers?
You can easily install 12" blades on the rear, there is enough margin.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 11:04   #10013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, my Figo TDCi is 4 yrs and 58k kms old. Lately, I am hearing uncommon sounds whenever I take speed breakers or pot holes at some speed. Earlier these were never there. What could be the reasons? Could there be problem with bushes since the rubber would have hardened and started to disintegrate. Also, I think one of the shock absorber of front side is showing signs of oil leak. Any idea if this could be fixed or replacement is the only option?
I am experiencing the same issue with my fiesta Classic in her third year, 41k kms old. I believe it is related to suspension worn out. Ford usually changes the whole suspension and they do not cost much, by suspension I mean the strut. For the time being I continue to run the car with this condition and will only change them when there is no option left. Consider running the car with lower tyre pressure so that there is softness in your ride and check if the sounds reduce.
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 16:09   #10014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, my Figo TDCi is 4 yrs and 58k kms old. Lately, I am hearing uncommon sounds whenever I take speed breakers or pot holes at some speed. Earlier these were never there. What could be the reasons? Could there be problem with bushes since the rubber would have hardened and started to disintegrate. Also, I think one of the shock absorber of front side is showing signs of oil leak. Any idea if this could be fixed or replacement is the only option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
I am experiencing the same issue with my fiesta Classic in her third year, 41k kms old. I believe it is related to suspension worn out. Ford usually changes the whole suspension and they do not cost much, by suspension I mean the strut. For the time being I continue to run the car with this condition and will only change them when there is no option left. Consider running the car with lower tyre pressure so that there is softness in your ride and check if the sounds reduce.
Could also be the link rods.
Oily struts are common on these cars due to the hard set up, I feel. But they continue to work fine even though its leaky, as long as it does not start dripping oil.
My Figo has crossed 37k and recently , it began slight creaking sound from the front which I feel is the link rod going.
Old 20th May 2015, 15:00   #10015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Could also be the link rods.
Oily struts are common on these cars due to the hard set up, I feel. But they continue to work fine even though its leaky, as long as it does not start dripping oil.
My Figo has crossed 37k and recently , it began slight creaking sound from the front which I feel is the link rod going.
As per the A.S.S the creaking sound is a result of Link rods. I have the same problem on my Figo as well. I didnt replace them yet. Showed it my trusted neighborhood garage, he cleaned the joined of any debris and lubricated it properly. That has reduced the sound by 80%. So I am living with it for now till it increases.
Old 25th May 2015, 14:30   #10016
BANNED

Off late I'm noticing the left windshield washer spray nozzle keeps dripping water as droplets (as if it has a running nose ) all the time when the car is running even when I hadn't used it for weeks. Doubting if the nozzle is gone as if the pump is the culprit all the 3 nozzles should leak. I couldn't see any leakage or pipe damaged under the hood though. What could be the cause guys? Has anyone faced such issues in your Figo earlier?
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:37   #10017
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am in the same boat as DEVGUN, when I first drove the figo (2 years back), I loved the car, and figured this should be my next car.

Now the time has come to buy my first new car, the figo is getting phased out :-(.
I am super confused between the figo Tdci and Brio Smt, I know one is diesel and the other is a petrol, but with the huge discounts on the figo, the gap between these two is very less.

I always wanted to own a diesel car and figo is on the top of the list, we already own a Brio automatic and it has been a very good ownership experience till date and thats the reason that my family wants me to get one.

I dont drive much, but want to drive more, and if the gap between the diesel and petrol is not much then why not diesel even with the less running?

Drove the figo last week, the interiors felt dated so got more confused!

I know in the end it is for me to decide, but need your valuable suggestions!

Does the figo suffer from any inherent problems?
plus I dont like the design of the new figo hatch!
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:29   #10018
BHPian

Williams_f1...I've driven my Mars Red Figo for 3500kms now in about 22 days...Simply loving the drive...did a trip to Macleodganj (HP) last weekend...Trust me the drive on highways is much much and one more much better than Swift & Polo...ive driven both (diesel) on highways. ..it's just the mileage which I'm not happy with...it's showing 14kms per litre. I thought it would be atleast 16 in the beginning. ..never the less...you won't regret...go for a Zxi Diesel Variant...total value for money !

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:51   #10019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
Williams_f1...I've driven my Mars Red Figo for 3500kms now in about 22 days...Simply loving the drive...did a trip to Macleodganj (HP) last weekend...Trust me the drive on highways is much much and one more much better than Swift & Polo...ive driven both (diesel) on highways. ..it's just the mileage which I'm not happy with...it's showing 14kms per litre. I thought it would be atleast 16 in the beginning. ..never the less...you won't regret...go for a Zxi Diesel Variant...total value for money !
Figo ride quality much better than Polo's. Surely u have got me confused there.Or am I missing something?
Old 3rd June 2015, 20:58   #10020
BHPian

I didn't like it Pranjal1984, i found Polo to be sluggish. I'd rate Figo-Swift-Polo in this order if i have to talk about highway handling and comforting for a regular highway driver. Personal opinion though, others might think differently.

Most Viewed