Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2015, 17:04   #10066
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I would suggest to take a test drive with the FASS folks and get the EGR cleaned once if you get a dismal mileage figure. After the ECU reset, DTE in my car showed very poor FE, as the adaptive memory was deleted by the technician, but it gradually corrected itself after few hundred kms.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 12th July 2015 at 17:05.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:13   #10067
Senior - BHPian

Came across this interesting ad for the sale of a Ford Figo, must buy for Star Wars fan

http://awesomefigo.blogspot.in/
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:22   #10068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I would suggest to take a test drive with the FASS folks and get the EGR cleaned once if you get a dismal mileage figure. After the ECU reset, DTE in my car showed very poor FE, as the adaptive memory was deleted by the technician, but it gradually corrected itself after few hundred kms.
EGR was already cleaned last time as ECU did show a fault code for that and it has not appeared after that, however the mileage continues to remain abysmal. Even though i track mileage from tankful method, but in between i keep track of trip meter + DTE to assess how the mileage is trending. Normally in Bangalore city I get a figure of ~600 +/- 20 depending on traffic conditions which gives me 13-14kmpl eventually.

What is happening now is even after EGR cleaning, i did a tank ful and removed batt connection to reset the ECU. Post reset ECU gives a DTE of 572km. Now having driven for 3+wks the trip meter + DTE value stands at ~510 which is consistent with my ~11kmpl no that i would get upon tankful. So I know some problem still exists.
Old 13th July 2015, 14:33   #10069
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
What is happening now is even after EGR cleaning, i did a tank ful and removed batt connection to reset the ECU. Post reset ECU gives a DTE of 572km. So I know some problem still exists.
When was the fuel filter changed last?

Try cleaning the tank and change the fuel filter once.

Can you get the MAF opened and cleaned using the MAF cleaner spray?!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 17:07   #10070
BHPian

I quoted earlier that the car simply refuses to start when the wheels are rolling after the last service. However, it starts after few seconds if I press the brake pedal and turn on the ignition. The issue still persists and its very irritating. It has started just after the engine dying when depressing the clutch and the Engine check light issue was solved at the FASS. Had called up the service centre but they were clueless and said it might be ignition switch issue. Problem is that the service centre is 100 kms away and its very difficult to devote entire day for such issues.

I think it might be come sensor issue. Any pointers?
Old 13th July 2015, 18:56   #10071
BHPian

Hello all,
I am a proud owner of a Ford Figo Diesel Titanium. Its been a long journey of 70,000 kms since May 2011. But last week a stupid driver crashed into my RHS rear door and rear quarter panel. Well long story short I went to astro ford body shop in nangli, najabgarh, New Delhi. Got my insurance claim (no cash less offered for new India assurance). Now today I got my car today but to my horror they had done quite a shabby job. My mistake (a big one) was to sign the paper for gate pass without seeing my car. Firstly, they took the dent out like those street side denting guys would do(guess those guys might do a better job). Not properly aligned lines of the quarter panel where the rear door shuts and meets the body.
Secondly, the paint finish was bad. It was excess paint where i could see the excess layers of paint.
The SA got the painting guy and scold him just to show me. But he offered me to get my car back on Friday morning and he will get it fix completely.
So should I get this thing fixed first or should I ring some bells and shoot emails to some bosses of Astro Ford. What do you suggest guys? I have already paid them.
Old 15th July 2015, 14:00   #10072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When was the fuel filter changed last?
Try cleaning the tank and change the fuel filter once.
Can you get the MAF opened and cleaned using the MAF cleaner spray?!
Thats the interesting part. Car has done 31.5K km. During the 30K service fuel filter, air filter were replaced. Even the plunger hose pipe was replaced due to leakage. With all these changes ideally things should improve but its reversed after the 30K service. Didnt clean the tank though. As per service center when I went last weekend they even checked fuel flow from filter, pump etc and everything is in order.

what is MAF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Hello all,
The SA got the painting guy and scold him just to show me. But he offered me to get my car back on Friday morning and he will get it fix completely.
So should I get this thing fixed first or should I ring some bells and shoot emails to some bosses of Astro Ford. What do you suggest guys? I have already paid them.
Well its a lousy job to begin with but my reco is that give him a chance to fix it. If he does great, else shoot an email to ford India. Also you should get follow up calls from Ford india after every visit to there service center. you can give feedback then also.
Old 15th July 2015, 14:15   #10073
BHPian

Quote:
what is MAF?
The Mass Air Flow sensor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_flow_sensor
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 20:14   #10074
BHPian

My Figo(tdci) is back after 100k service. Bill amount was 15637 and carried in ASC.Apart from pms some of the works carried out as preventive measures are,

1. V-Belt changed due to premature wear(669rs)
2. Pulley assy tension(3349rs)
3. Kit tension pulley(1569rs)
I opted for replacing above 3 parts because v belt was changed twice at 13k&71k on odo.

Some of the major repairs carried out so far...

1. V-Belt changed at 13k under warranty.
2. Front RHS shock changed at 36k under warranty.
3. Brake pads changed at 55k on odo.
4. Steering column replaced at 55k under warranty.
5. V- Belt changed at 71k.(BREAK DOWN)
6. Steering box overhauled due to leakage of oil at 75k.
7. A.C evaporating coil changed at 82k.
8. Clutch linkage cable bush replaced at 85k.

Apart from above,all basic stuffs like filters,coolant,oil....Rest all untouched.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20150714_090041153.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-new-doc-1_1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-new-doc_1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn3916.jpg  

Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:41   #10075
BHPian

Quote:
Well its a lousy job to begin with but my reco is that give him a chance to fix it. If he does great, else shoot an email to ford India. Also you should get follow up calls from Ford india after every visit to there service center. you can give feedback then also.
Thanks for the advise. I got my Figo fixed again but still far away from the factory finish. SA told that's the best they can do. But still much better than what they did before. But yesterday the car did not want to start. It was dead, no light nothing. Guess battery was dead. I called up Ford road side assistance but as I did not had any contract with them they asked for Rs. 850 to visit. I said no as they told they cannot assure if they will be able to start the car or not. So I ditched that plan and went to the nearest service center just few kms away from my house. Got a mechanic to come with me to look at it and he just tighten the screws on the battery and the issue gone. He told that the body shop guys must have removed the battery connection as they work on the body and did not tighten the screws.
So in all issue fixed, dent fixed (can't be factory finish). Overall OK but will not give a positive feedback if they call for one because of all the hassles I have been through.

So now that it got me thinking any good road side assistance you guys can recommend??
Old 21st July 2015, 13:58   #10076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Thanks for the advise. I got my Figo fixed again but still far away from the factory finish. SA told that's the best they can do. But still much better than what they did before. But yesterday the car did not want to start. It was dead, no light nothing. Guess battery was dead. I called up Ford road side assistance but as I did not had any contract with them they asked for Rs. 850 to visit. I said no as they told they cannot assure if they will be able to start the car or not. So I ditched that plan and went to the nearest service center just few kms away from my house. Got a mechanic to come with me to look at it and he just tighten the screws on the battery and the issue gone. He told that the body shop guys must have removed the battery connection as they work on the body and did not tighten the screws.
So in all issue fixed, dent fixed (can't be factory finish). Overall OK but will not give a positive feedback if they call for one because of all the hassles I have been through.

So now that it got me thinking any good road side assistance you guys can recommend??

Do share pictures of the work that has been done, maybe we can give some feedback on quality. I have some experience with Ford body shops and outside ones as well. In my view Ford body shops do get close to 90% gloss of the original paint, however atleast incase of white color they are not able to match it exactly as in case of my car. outside garages in my view get you close to 80% of gloss but get better color matching.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:29   #10077
BHPian

My 2011 TDCi Figo had a huge deep scratch last year on RHS rear door running all the way to the rear quarter panel. The scratch was around 1 inch wide and the top metal sheet had teared away.

The Planet Ford Pune guys did a fantastic job of replacing the RHS rear door and more importantly the quarter panel. It was a factory fit and finish. However, there is a different (slightly tinny) kind of a sound when RHS rear door is shut with a bang unlike the LHS rear door. I think this is expected as there is additional welding done on the frame for fitting the new quarter panel.

HTH
Old 23rd July 2015, 08:37   #10078
BHPian

Friends,
I am having a problem with my 2010 TDCI Figo.

The remote stopped working few days back and i attributed it to the remote battery. So i replaced the remote battery but still remote functions like lock/unlock. Boot lock/unlock is not working. I am not sure if the problem is with the key itself or the sensor in the car.

Has anyone faced this issue? If so which component had the problem and how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance,
Kiran
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:59   #10079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Friends,
I am having a problem with my 2010 TDCI Figo.

The remote stopped working few days back and i attributed it to the remote battery. So i replaced the remote battery but still remote functions like lock/unlock. Boot lock/unlock is not working. I am not sure if the problem is with the key itself or the sensor in the car.

Has anyone faced this issue? If so which component had the problem and how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance,
Kiran
Does the boot unlock work from the button on the dash? If yes then the problem is with the button of your remote mostly. Try putting some petrol in it to clean up the contacts. Might help. 5 yr old remote can go bad. If the dash button also doesnt work then it could be problem with the lock itself.
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:18   #10080
BHPian

Quote:
Does the boot unlock work from the button on the dash? If yes then the problem is with the button of your remote mostly. Try putting some petrol in it to clean up the contacts. Might help. 5 yr old remote can go bad. If the dash button also doesnt work then it could be problem with the lock itself.

None of the buttons in remote are working. So i think either the remote or the sensor unit in the car has gone kaput. No idea how much it ll affect me financially. 50k service is due shortly

Most Viewed