Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 12:47   #10186

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
1. Explanation provided by A.S.S. is pat on point. The sudden muted shudders indicate the AC compressor and/or fan turning on and off. Feel it in my Figo too and it is absolutely normal. Further, owing to the large compressor, the AC does get cut-off at shorter intervals than other hatchbacks.

2. Post a few snaps of the affected area if you can. Or take it to a FNG for a neutral diagnosis.

3. My Figo has starter crank protection. The key would not move further if the engine is running. If the feature did not work in your car then get it checked.

4. It'll probably settle down at 14 kmpl in metro traffic with 100% AC.

5. There are the occasional sounds coming from the dashboard. I find mine very much livable. Nothing serious, however, if you are bothered, try to pin point the source and visit the A.S.S. for rectification. The suspension is not comfortable at low speeds to begin with, but if you have noticed a change in behavior, get the area visually inspected by a competent mechanic. Any fault noticed by him can then be raised before the A.S.S.
Hi,
Thanks for your comments..
Next time I am at 3M car care, will get them to lift the car up to take pictures of the affected area.
And, I will wait for another 2 to 3000 km before checking mileage again.
As part of the first service, I was hoping they would plug into the computer and see if known parameters related to fuel supply to engine, car controls, electronics, etc. were at correct levels. Instead, what i got was a visible inspection of the engine compartment and oil levels, then water wash.

There is something else that I had noted down earlier but absolutely forgot to ask during the service. I keep noticing dark oil stains on my front alloys during my weekend car washing. Wondering where this is coming from, whether this is engine oil or brake oil, is it just excess being leveled out or there is a leak.

By the way, I see you have a black Figo with white racing stripes. Beautiful!
I am also planning to get bumper to bumper stripes similar to yours, in electric blue. Just waiting for the 10,000 km mark as the family would't mind me messing with a slightly older car than relatively brand new

Thanks!
Old 21st October 2015, 13:10   #10187
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I raised this in a feedback form which Ford sent after the servicing was done. Got a prompt call from Ford, saying dealer is right as wear and tear parts are not covered under extended warranty. Only engine related failures are covered.

Any comments / experience on this?
Yes. it is true. ASC charged for my link rod replacement during the EW period.

Replaced my battery last week. Bought Amaron Flo for 3725/- from carbatteryexpert.com. The battery was delivered within 2 hours by their local seller box batteries. The old battery (OEM) was more than 5 and 1/2 years old.
Old 21st October 2015, 16:26   #10188
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jselvan_BluOval View Post
Hi,
There is something else that I had noted down earlier but absolutely forgot to ask during the service. I keep noticing dark oil stains on my front alloys during my weekend car washing. Wondering where this is coming from, whether this is engine oil or brake oil, is it just excess being leveled out or there is a leak.

Thanks!
These are brake dust caused by the friction of brake pads and disc.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 23:56   #10189
BHPian

Had taken my nearly 5 year old figo to the service center to rectify the low beam turning off after a few seconds and the relay behind the glove box making clicking sounds before the low beam turned off.
The issues was diagnosed quickly to the headlight control stalk by the SA which i had figured was the culprit prior to getting the car diagnosed.

The job was completed quickly even though there was a rush at the service center. Also asked them to refit my mudflap with new clamps which had broken off.
Car was thoroughly cleaned and interior polished which was a welcome move since the interiors hadn't been cleaned in 3 months.

Total bill came upto 3,044/-
The headlight stalk cost about 1819/- and the clips for the mudflap was about 53/- the rest was labor and taxes.
The cost of parts seemed decent but the labor and additional taxes was a bit too much.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20151021_2348311.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd October 2015 at 01:17. Reason: Extra smiley
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:16   #10190
BHPian

Which car do you guys think would be better between top variant Grand i10 petrol and New Ford Figo Titanium Petrol? There are some discounts going on on Grand i10. No discounts on Figo but it's available immediately. Thank you.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd October 2015 at 07:22. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd October 2015, 00:46   #10191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Which car do you guys think would be better between top variant Grand i10 petrol and New Ford Figo Titanium Petrol? There are soe discounts going on on Grand i10. No discounts on Figo but it's available immediately. Thank you.
Eventhough upfront cash discounts are not available on Figo, your negotiating skills can get you some good combination deals and add to that a saving on the Insurance can get you a good deal on Figo Petrol.

IMO Figo Petrol, its overall a better car than i10 !

Last edited by johannskaria : 23rd October 2015 at 00:47.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:46   #10192
BHPian

Quote:
Which car do you guys think would be better between top variant Grand i10 petrol and New Ford Figo Titanium Petrol? There are some discounts going on on Grand i10. No discounts on Figo but it's available immediately. Thank you.
Both cars are very good IMHO. The interior build quality of the Hyundai is a notch better, though the Figo now has the Ecosport interiors which in itself is very good.

The old Figo's 1.2l petrol engine was a bit lethargic, the new Figo seems to have addressed it (a test drive should confirm that). The Kappa 2 engine in the grand i10 is a star performer & almost as good as the 1.2l K-series in the Swift.

Looks are totally subjective, while both of them look good, the Figo with its Aston Martin inspired grill upfront looks smarter & more modern. Safety in the Titanium+ variant is just amazing with 6 air bags.

Its a tough call, but I would try to bargain harder for the new Figo & it would be my preference.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:09   #10193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Total bill came upto 3,044/-
The headlight stalk cost about 1819/- and the clips for the mudflap was about 53/- the rest was labor and taxes.
The cost of parts seemed decent but the labor and additional taxes was a bit too much.

Regards

Last Year, Had an issue with the Hazard Warning Switch in my Decade old Alto, for which the RKS Motors Service Center wanted to change the stalk assembly....any idea what was the cost for 'Very Low Maintenance Maruthi Alto'? They charged me 1600 + tax + labour which was as 'costly' as Ford. This should open the eyes of aam janta who strongly believe Ford is way too costly than Maruthi.
G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:05   #10194
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which car do you guys think would be better between top variant Grand i10 petrol and New Ford Figo Titanium Petrol? There are some discounts going on Grand i10. No discounts on Figo but it's available immediately. Thank you.
As far as petrol engines are concerned, Japanese and Korean motors are always better.

Last edited by RGK : 26th October 2015 at 19:07.
Old 27th October 2015, 03:02   #10195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
As far as petrol engines are concerned, Japanese and Korean motors are always better.
Figo Petrol 1.2 L has a Mazda designed engine - a collaborative effort if i am not mistaken.
Old 30th October 2015, 15:31   #10196
BHPian

Guys, my car has gone for 80k service and the SA has asked me to change to gearbox beading and Drivebelt+tensioner. What is the usual lifetime for these parts? He has quoted 6.5k and 5.5k for the parts respectively.
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:06   #10197
BHPian

Guys, my Figo's 40K servicing is not yet due (currently at 36.1K, servicing due at 37.8 K) but I'm thinking of going in for the service before my 3 year warranty expires on 24th Nov. They are charging 15.9K for the 4th year warranty which I'm not too keen on paying. What do you guys think? Also, what are the things which they can ask to change/replace during 40K servicing and which don't actually need replacement? Tyres, battery, brake pads, etc. Need your inputs to avoid getting fleeced. I don't have any issues with my car apart from the C pillar squeaking sound which can be easily fixed.
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:05   #10198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
They are charging 15.9K for the 4th year warranty which I'm not too keen on paying. What do you guys think?
4th year warranty was available at 10k couple of years back. That is quite a substantial hike by Ford IMO. I won’t suggest you to go for it if the car has been running and maintained well.
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:03   #10199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, my car has gone for 80k service and the SA has asked me to change to gearbox beading and Drivebelt+tensioner. What is the usual lifetime for these parts? He has quoted 6.5k and 5.5k for the parts respectively.
Not sure about the gearbox beading, but the drivebelt+tensioner looks to be quoted right. I had my Figo's 60k service a month ago & the SA mentioned that the drivebelt would be due for a change in sometime (maybe he meant at the 70k service), he gave a quote of approx 7k.
A quote of 5.5k & it being changed at 80k sounds good to me.
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:12   #10200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Not sure about the gearbox beading, but the drivebelt+tensioner looks to be quoted right. I had my Figo's 60k service a month ago & the SA mentioned that the drivebelt would be due for a change in sometime (maybe he meant at the 70k service), he gave a quote of approx 7k.
A quote of 5.5k & it being changed at 80k sounds good to me.
I checked again it was actually gearbox bedding.

According to the SA, the average life of the bedding is around 70-80k kms. I went ahead and changed both the parts and the car feels tighter than ever. Figo doesn't have the perfect slick gearbox but the new bedding has made the gear changes a lot easier.

The total service cost including both the parts came at 17,200 Rs. I also had to replace my battery and I went with Amaron Flo from BatteryBhai. It came around 3800 with exchange.

Last edited by satan's_valet : 3rd November 2015 at 17:13. Reason: Spacing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks