Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:14   #10201
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
Guys, my Figo's 40K servicing is not yet due (currently at 36.1K, servicing due at 37.8 K) but I'm thinking of going in for the service before my 3 year warranty expires on 24th Nov. They are charging 15.9K for the 4th year warranty which I'm not too keen on paying. What do you guys think? Also, what are the things which they can ask to change/replace during 40K servicing and which don't actually need replacement? Tyres, battery, brake pads, etc. Need your inputs to avoid getting fleeced. I don't have any issues with my car apart from the C pillar squeaking sound which can be easily fixed.
15.9K for the 4th yr warranty is daylight robbery IMHO, if you have maintained your ride well & got it serviced timely, ignore it.
I am not sure what all parts require changes (the manual should give you a fair idea), but my TDCI did not have any parts changed (apart from the regular ones like fuel filter....) at the 40k service.
Brake pads would need checking though & if you feel the bite is less, you can have them changed, I got my car's brake pads changed at 50k (they were loosing the bite at around 48k).
Battery wouldn't need any change at 40k, there is still time, considering it has not been 3 yrs yet.
Coming to the C-Pillar squeaking noise, it may not be the C-pillar actually, as I too had the same issue & the SA said it was the suspension & changed it under warranty, noise was gone. Have yours checked asap. I maybe wrong here though.

Mods: Sorry for the back to back post. Messed up using the quote function.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 15:10   #10202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Coming to the C-Pillar squeaking noise, it may not be the C-pillar actually, as I too had the same issue & the SA said it was the suspension & changed it under warranty, noise was gone. Have yours checked asap. I maybe wrong here though.
Interesting! I've noticed that the squeaking sound comes only when the back seat is occupied. I will ask the SA to check the suspension. I think the suspension may be out of warranty though - i think it is only covered for 2 years.
b_naresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 17:47   #10203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
Interesting! I've noticed that the squeaking sound comes only when the back seat is occupied. I will ask the SA to check the suspension. I think the suspension may be out of warranty though - i think it is only covered for 2 years.
You are right, suspension is covered for 35k kms or 2 yrs whichever is earlier. But it may not be the suspension at all.

Sometime back there was some squeaking noise coming from the back seat in my Figo as well, the SA replaced some bushes (not sure exactly what it was) & the noise was gone, since you are hearing the squeaking noise when the back seat is occupied, could be that as well.

Hope its just some small issue, as suspension change post warranty does burn a hole in the pocket.
Old 9th November 2015, 13:12   #10204
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi,

My figo in May/Jun 2015 started making a "sheesshh" kind of noise from the AC vent. It starts when I start the AC and ends when I switch it off. So, during my service in July 2015, I had asked the Ford dealer, where I got all my previous annual services done, to check for it. They said that A/C OH needs to be replaced and it costs around 9K+ and instead suggested that I top-up the gas. I did so and for a while, the sound has reduced.

Of late, I do hear that sound and I asked them to check it again. They were trying to hurry me off (it was a saturday was most of them being busy) and asked me to continue this way until that sound becomes way too frequent. I was also told it will cost around 12K now (jump of about 3K in 4 months time). I simply came back without doing anything to that.

I have limited knowledge with technicals and I am not sure if I should believe these guys. I am trying to understand the implications of this sound and if it is OK to continue with that sound from AC for longer time. Also, what would be the approximate cost of that? The intensity of the sound and the frequency is definitely less than what it was back in June/July. AC is working fine as of now. It is cooling the compartment fairly well so far. It is just me and my wife who travel in that most of the times and a direct cool air from the vent is good enough for us.

What is this sound? Should I get this worked quickly? Any issues if I continue with this for some more time as the dealer suggested?

I am not very happy with their service these days. A lot of confusion amongst themselves and not meeting my expectations. Now, that my car is out of warranty, can I simply go to someone else?

Please help!!

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 9th November 2015, 13:21   #10205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hi,

What is this sound? Should I get this worked quickly? Any issues if I continue with this for some more time as the dealer suggested?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
No need to get overhauling done if the cooling is fine. Find a reliable Car AC mechanic in your area and get the service done. TBHP directory may have some source or information.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:14   #10206
BHPian

Guys,

With the new figo out now and having test driven it, I am very confused now.

I own a 2011 Diesel ZXI with 92k on odo. She still is going strong and I love the way she takes curves. Though the new figo might not impress me on the handling department, I am still thinking if I should go for it for what it has under the hood.

The Sales guys at Kairali Ford in Trivandrum have offered 2.5L for my old figo if I am to exchange it for the new one. Considering the fact that I still have 2.35Lacs loan left on the car,(I bought it for the lowest possible downpayment of 90k INR back in 2011 ) and the service cost estimates I got from the ford SA at Kairali Ford, I am now left in a dilemma as to whether I should get the new figo or keep my 4 year old champ for a few more years.

The future service estimates given by the SA are below:

1L km ~ 15k (regular service 7k + brake disc,brake pads -8k)
1.10 ~ 7k (Normal service)
1.20 ~ 35k (timing chain etc etc etc change)
4 shocks & assoc parts ~ 25k (only if needed)

My current figo uses to clock 20k kms in a year on an average so far. So if I keep her for a few more years, the service cost alone would be around 80-90k INR in the next 1.5 years.

Does anyone have a figo that has 120k + kms on the odo ? Just to know how it goes now and about the actual maintenance costs past 1 Lakh kms.

Thanks
Harish
Old 9th November 2015, 15:50   #10207
BHPian

Re: Issues post servicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I drive a 2011 Figo TDCi Titanium which is run ~58K km. Last month, I gave it for an early 60K servicing. This was the usual Happy Pocket service with only routine fluid changes (no extra work carried out).

Now to the issues. I quickly realized that there are two issues; mileage has gone down and engine is sounding a little gruff upon acceleration. The DTE which earlier showed more than 650km for a full tank in city-driving conditions now barely touches 600km. Also the DTE figure and the drops in fuel indicator needle along the course do not match up as earlier. Everything else about the car (the driver, the roads/traffic, commute timings etc) is exactly the same.

I checked for any error codes logged in ECM using the ELM327 OBDII dongle and Torque app. There are none.

What could be the issue here? EGR-valve? Exhaust leak? 57K km is too low for this drop due to normal wear-n-tear.

Can anyone please suggest a knowledgeable FNG in Pune getting the car thoroughly checked?

TIA
A quick update - I did tankful-to-tankful verification of mileage 3 times (same petrol pump, same fuel dispenser machine) at various tank levels i.e. 1/4 empty, 1/2 empty, etc. The city mileage recorded is surprisingly ~14-15 kmpl! The same was verified by Torque Pro app as well.

However, the DTE paints a totally different picture. At times, the DTE drops abnormally, at times it remains more-or-less constant ! May be I'll have to re-calibrate it by running the car 200-250 km on highway.

The battery is still the original one and shows a healthy 13.8V. No starting troubles etc.

The perceived engine gruffness is still there. I'll have to cross-check it against another Figo of similar vintage.

P.S. - As per the recommendations received here, I got the tire pressure corrected, wheel alignment done and confirmed that the wheels rotate freely (as expected) before taking these readings.
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:51   #10208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hi,

My figo in May/Jun 2015 started making a "sheesshh" kind of noise from the AC vent. It starts when I start the AC and ends when I switch it off. So, during my service in July 2015, I had asked the Ford dealer, where I got all my previous annual services done, to check for it. They said that A/C OH needs to be replaced and it costs around 9K+ and instead suggested that I top-up the gas. I did so and for a while, the sound has reduced.

Of late, I do hear that sound and I asked them to check it again. They were trying to hurry me off (it was a saturday was most of them being busy) and asked me to continue this way until that sound becomes way too frequent. I was also told it will cost around 12K now (jump of about 3K in 4 months time). I simply came back without doing anything to that.

I have limited knowledge with technicals and I am not sure if I should believe these guys. I am trying to understand the implications of this sound and if it is OK to continue with that sound from AC for longer time. Also, what would be the approximate cost of that? The intensity of the sound and the frequency is definitely less than what it was back in June/July. AC is working fine as of now. It is cooling the compartment fairly well so far. It is just me and my wife who travel in that most of the times and a direct cool air from the vent is good enough for us.

I am not very happy with their service these days. A lot of confusion amongst themselves and not meeting my expectations. Now, that my car is out of warranty, can I simply go to someone else?

Please help!!

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
I see you are from Hyderabad. If yes, have you tried Vibrant Ford's workshop at Balanagar? I found them to be quite good so far - much much better than Fortune Ford, Tolichowki.

On the AC noise, it might be because the radiator fan or motor. Get it checked before it conks off.
Old 9th November 2015, 20:41   #10209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post
Guys,

Does anyone have a figo that has 120k + kms on the odo ? Just to know how it goes now and about the actual maintenance costs past 1 Lakh kms.
Guys, I have the same query like Harish (I think many other Figo owners as well).

I have a ZXI Diesel 2011 which clocked 1.18L kms. No major issues so far so I am kind of confused whether to sell it off or not. I still have about 97K loan left to be repayed therefore was looking at keeping the car till Sept 2016 approx.

But as Harish mentioned, if the 1.2L service cost itself cost 35K (!!) then is it worth keeping this car for long. I am guessing future cost of maintenance will keep on increasing.

Desperately seeking opinion of a Figo owner who crossed 1.2L kms for his opinions and future service cost projections..

Thanks,
Arnab
Old 10th November 2015, 08:46   #10210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Guys, I have the same query like Harish (I think many other Figo owners as well).

I have a ZXI Diesel 2011 which clocked 1.18L kms. No major issues so far so I am kind of confused whether to sell it off or not. I still have about 97K loan left to be repayed therefore was looking at keeping the car till Sept 2016 approx.

But as Harish mentioned, if the 1.2L service cost itself cost 35K (!!) then is it worth keeping this car for long. I am guessing future cost of maintenance will keep on increasing.

Desperately seeking opinion of a Figo owner who crossed 1.2L kms for his opinions and future service cost projections..

Thanks,
Arnab
My uncle has a 2012 figo tdci that has covered more than 182,000kms. Timing belt replacement is the only major expense after 1.20lac kms- around Rs.8k at the svc.
The build quality is excellent. Even 3 lac kms is nothing for this car. Just avoid svc to bill unnecessary items. Regular servicing at ford svc should cost less than 5k including fuel filter replacement.
To give you an idea about the spares- front discs cost Rs.900 x2= 1800/-
Brake pads Rs.850/-
Also, I have a fiesta classic that has done 114,000 kms. It is still on stock suspension and everything.
Only brake pads (at 111k kms), rear left wheel bearing(107k kms),power window switch and headlight bulbs replaced once.

Last edited by interc00led : 10th November 2015 at 08:48.
interc00led is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 17:16   #10211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
My uncle has a 2012 figo tdci that has covered more than 182,000kms. Timing belt replacement is the only major expense after 1.20lac kms- around Rs.8k at the svc.
The build quality is excellent. Even 3 lac kms is nothing for this car. Just avoid svc to bill unnecessary items. Regular servicing at ford svc should cost less than 5k including fuel filter replacement.
To give you an idea about the spares- front discs cost Rs.900 x2= 1800/-
Brake pads Rs.850/-
Also, I have a fiesta classic that has done 114,000 kms. It is still on stock suspension and everything.
Only brake pads (at 111k kms), rear left wheel bearing(107k kms),power window switch and headlight bulbs replaced once.
Glad to hear that.
But I still wonder why the SA told me 35k INR for 1.20lac km service.
Old 11th November 2015, 12:00   #10212

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
A quick update - I did tankful-to-tankful verification of mileage 3 times (same petrol pump, same fuel dispenser machine) at various tank levels i.e. 1/4 empty, 1/2 empty, etc. The city mileage recorded is surprisingly ~14-15 kmpl! The same was verified by Torque Pro app as well.

However, the DTE paints a totally different picture. At times, the DTE drops abnormally, at times it remains more-or-less constant ! May be I'll have to re-calibrate it by running the car 200-250 km on highway.

The battery is still the original one and shows a healthy 13.8V. No starting troubles etc.

The perceived engine gruffness is still there. I'll have to cross-check it against another Figo of similar vintage.

P.S. - As per the recommendations received here, I got the tire pressure corrected, wheel alignment done and confirmed that the wheels rotate freely (as expected) before taking these readings.
Hi Rishikesh,

May I know what was the initial mileage you used to get when the car was relatively new? Has it been city mileage of 14-15 kmpl since the beginning? Do share what is the tyre pressure you find helpful for this mileage.

Thanks,
J Selvan, Figo newbie.
Old 16th November 2015, 10:23   #10213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jselvan_BluOval View Post
Hi Rishikesh,

May I know what was the initial mileage you used to get when the car was relatively new? Has it been city mileage of 14-15 kmpl since the beginning? Do share what is the tyre pressure you find helpful for this mileage.

Thanks,
J Selvan, Figo newbie.
As I remember, the city mileage used to be in the range of 15-17 kmpl (averaged out over B2B traffic, early morning office drives, evening shopping rush etc). The tire pressure is 30psi since there are max two people in the car most of the time.

HTH
Old 16th November 2015, 12:34   #10214
Senior - BHPian

Is the newly launched Figo/Aspire's alloys a direct fit for 2010 Figo?
Old 16th November 2015, 20:25   #10215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Is the newly launched Figo/Aspire's alloys a direct fit for 2010 Figo?
Hi,
14"alloys on new figo/aspire with pcd 110mm will be a direct fit for 2010 figo.
Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks