Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 11:00   #10231

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi All,

Am going through a rather unexpected problem with my 4 month old Figo. Its been raining constantly for the past 3 weeks in Chennai and most places are water logged.
1. I had to drive through a heavily water logged area (mid thigh to knee level) one day. No other alternative so I had to drive the car in 1st and 2nd gear with my foot on the clutch and throttle constantly, rpms going beyond 2000 for about 10-15 mins. During this drive, the "Low Oil Pressure" Light Indicator lit up and started chiming in the dashboard. While the manual says "If this occurs while the car is running, we should stop the car immediately otherwise may cause permanent damage to the engine", I couldnt risk stopping in the water and had to get through the place. Once I reached home and turned off the car, I let it cool for a while and then restarted the ignition. It came to life without any sign of discomfort and the warning light did not come up again after that. The car is handling as smooth as usual since then.
Q: I keep pondering if "Permanent damage" is already done, or whether I should go have the engine oil changed, or it is not something to be worried about?

2. During this event, we noticed water gushing into the front left side passenger door, pooling on to the floor mat. Now, today the water level has subsided and only a shallow puddle remains in a particular stretch I used this morning. While driving through, I noticed water on the front left side mat again. I was under the impression that car body was water tight and wont be affected this way.
Q: Is there anyway I can get this fixed? Better beading/rubber lining to seal the car once door is closed?
Q: What is the quickest way recommended to clean/dry up the water from inside the car? I tried using the vacuum cleaner and hair drier last time around, but the mats weren't fully dry, and left a damp smell in the car.

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st December 2015, 12:33   #10232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
In my previous visit to Vibrant Ford, one of the SAs showed me another Figo that had an Amaron procured from outside, like mine. He said that because most of the parts in the area around the battery were made of plastic and rubber, sparks from the battery could ignite them, leading to fire. He said there were a few cars that had caught fire all over the country, and this was one of the primary suspects. He said if the plastic cover sits tight, the spark would be arrested there itself.
Oh my god! This scared the hell out of me! I replaced my batter with Amaron Flo a month or so back. No issues so far but one side of my battery (not sure if it is positive or not) did not have the plastic cover. I don't open that myself so it must be when it was services at the Fortune Ford service center.

Can I get just that plastic part separately?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 1st December 2015, 13:03   #10233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Oh my god! This scared the hell out of me! I replaced my batter with Amaron Flo a month or so back. No issues so far but one side of my battery (not sure if it is positive or not) did not have the plastic cover. I don't open that myself so it must be when it was services at the Fortune Ford service center.

Can I get just that plastic part separately?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
I don't think you need to be scared. I checked my Figo yesterday and the new battery does not have a cover , unlike my petrol Fiesta. I also remember that the Figo he'd shown me was a petrol one. So I guess that cover is only in petrol models, but other owners can confirm.

I guess they were bullshitting just to create a scare in order to cajole us to go for their products. I'll post a picture of my Figo's and Fiesta's engine bay soon.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 22:23   #10234
BHPian

Guys,

My stock battery is running from last 4.5 years and 59K KMs on the ODO. During the visit to Astro Ford, Dwarka service center previous month, I was advised to get it changed as one of the terminal is weak and leading to corrosion. I asked the service rep. to get it checked on the machine but he suggested that it would not show the fault as machine doesn't show terminal faults and also readings won't come up. I still insisted him to test the same and battery showed completely OK. I then refused the battery replacement being offered. And it is still running fine after 500 KMs.
I now have upcoming trip to Delhi --> Jaipur and don't want to take any risks of being stranded on the highway for this. Also, received a call from Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar regarding the ongoing service camp and parts being offered at discounts. They are offering Motorcraft battery with 1 year warranty at Rs. 3000 (including replacement cost of 500 and camp discount of another 500). I am planning to get the battery checked at their camp to ensure that Astro Ford guys wasn't fooling me and get the Motorcraft battery from them as price seems okay after replacement. Now 2 questions:
1. Is it possible for battery terminal to be faulty and not showing up on the machine?
2. Do you think Motorcraft battery at 3K is a good option or should I go with Amaron as being suggested by many above?
Old 3rd December 2015, 18:15   #10235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jselvan_BluOval View Post
Hi All,

1. I had to drive through a heavily water logged area... I had to drive the car in 1st and 2nd gear with my foot on the clutch and throttle constantly, rpms going beyond 2000 for about 10-15 mins. During this drive, the "Low Oil Pressure" Light Indicator lit up and started chiming in the dashboard...I couldnt risk stopping in the water....
Q: I keep pondering if "Permanent damage" is already done, or whether I should go have the engine oil changed, or it is not something to be worried about?
Can you check if the Oil level is still within min/max on the dipstick? This has to be checked after the vehicle has been still for >8hrs. Best case, would be that due to the sudden cooling of the engine due to the flood, the engine rpm must have fluctuated going to stall levels, making the oil pressure drop for some time, resulting in the lamp coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jselvan_BluOval View Post
2. During this event, we noticed water gushing into the front left side passenger door, pooling on to the floor mat....
Q: What is the quickest way recommended to clean/dry up the water from inside the car? I tried using the vacuum cleaner and hair drier last time around, but the mats weren't fully dry, and left a damp smell in the car.
You could spread newspapers thickly on the car floor and then your floor mats over it. Try to put some weights over the floor mat The newspapers should be able to pull water out to a certain extent over half a day. Then, you could use the 'Air to feet' setting of the HVAC with max hot temperature and leave the car running for along as you can, so that the heat would help the remaining moisture to evaporate.
Old 3rd December 2015, 19:20   #10236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
Guys,

My stock --------snip-------above?
After more than four years, it'd be good practice to change the battery. Terminal corrosion ought to be evident to the eye, so you can check if it's coming up again. Motorcraft is ford oe, so you can get it. I had it initially, and it worked well enough. Price is sweet too.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 10:20   #10237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
Guys,

My stock battery is running from last 4.5 years and 59K KMs on the ODO. During the visit to Astro Ford, Dwarka service center previous month, I was advised to get it changed as one of the terminal is weak and leading to corrosion. I asked the service rep. to get it checked on the machine but he suggested that it would not show the fault as machine doesn't show terminal faults and also readings won't come up. I still insisted him to test the same and battery showed completely OK. I then refused the battery replacement being offered. And it is still running fine after 500 KMs.
I now have upcoming trip to Delhi --> Jaipur and don't want to take any risks of being stranded on the highway for this. Also, received a call from Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar regarding the ongoing service camp and parts being offered at discounts. They are offering Motorcraft battery with 1 year warranty at Rs. 3000 (including replacement cost of 500 and camp discount of another 500). I am planning to get the battery checked at their camp to ensure that Astro Ford guys wasn't fooling me and get the Motorcraft battery from them as price seems okay after replacement. Now 2 questions:
1. Is it possible for battery terminal to be faulty and not showing up on the machine?
2. Do you think Motorcraft battery at 3K is a good option or should I go with Amaron as being suggested by many above?
It is 5.5 years now and my battery is still going strong. However after reviewing this thread, I plan of getting it checked. However I am pleasantly surprised that the battery has delivered so long without any issues since 5.5 years now!
Old 14th December 2015, 10:57   #10238
BHPian

This wonderful little car never ceases to amaze me! After driving the car for 47k kms, in 5 years, I found a new useful feature today. I am not sure how many of us already know this, hence publishing here in public interest

When listening to Radio, I am used to the "SCN" button (highlighted) that scans across the entire bandwidth. When it finds a radio station, it plays that station for few seconds and then continues scanning. I find it very useful while driving in traffic as FM radio in Hyd is primarily in Telugu, and finding a Hindi song requires some 'scanning'.

The new feature I discovered is "PSC". On long-pressing the "SCN" button, "PSC" gets invoked. This is same as SCN, but it only plays the Preset stations (P1 to P6). So no scanning needed, it simply keeps moving from P1-P6 and plays every station for few seconds. Brilliant idea!
Attached Images

shifu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 22:16   #10239
BHPian

Can someone confirm here whether the old generation Figo has indeed been discontinued now? i.e., Ford has stopped manufacturing it all together?

Is there some kind of EndOfSale date, EndOfSupport dates specified by car manufacturers (just like how we do it in the technology products context)?
Old 17th December 2015, 14:41   #10240
BHPian

Engine check warning lamp is blinking occasionally when pressing clutch (along with brake pedal sometime) during slow down. Light doesn't blink when the vehicle is moving and there's no usage of clutch. Has anyone of you faced this issue or know what could be the root cause?

Below is what the manual says for the warning lamp.

Attachment 1451053
Old 19th December 2015, 09:30   #10241
BHPian

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me when should the v-belt in figo be replaced? FASS has been advising me to replace it since 50k km. Now I am at 80k service.

Thanks!
Old 21st December 2015, 23:12   #10242
BHPian

Can anyone please tell where can I get spare part price list for ford figo 1.2 L petrol(old-gen)?
Anyone knows what would be the price of cables running from ignition coil to the engine and the main head of engine compartment made up of hard black fiber?
Actually mouse chewed the cables as well as engine head and I urgently need to replace them.

FASS is quoting approximately 8k in total.
1500 +1500 for two cables(ignition coil)
4-5k for engine head.

Thanks
Regards
Aakarsh
Old 3rd January 2016, 21:24   #10243
Senior - BHPian

My Figo 1.2 run 40k kms has become noisy on rough or bad roads from the front left wheel.
It started off as an intermittent sound only on rough patches but now is persisting all the time when hitting a rough patch.

It is not there at all as long as the roads are good. The sound is something like a faint knocking or marbles hitting each other.
Anyone who had a similar experience as to which part is affected.
Sounds to me like suspension bushes are shot.
Old 3rd January 2016, 22:04   #10244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My Figo 1.2 run 40k kms has become noisy on rough or bad roads from the front left wheel.
It started off as an intermittent sound only on rough patches but now is persisting all the time when hitting a rough patch.

It is not there at all as long as the roads are good. The sound is something like a faint knocking or marbles hitting each other.
Anyone who had a similar experience as to which part is affected.
Sounds to me like suspension bushes are shot.
From what u have mentioned, seems like the link rods need replacement. I too had experienced the same kind of problem.
Old 4th January 2016, 07:35   #10245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
From what u have mentioned, seems like the link rods need replacement. I too had experienced the same kind of problem.
Was that the same sound or a squeaking sound. Since that issue was present earlier on the same wheel and was fixed by greasing. Not sure if this is the same issue, advanced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks