Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 10:42   #8731
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, could you please let me know how long it will take for the RTB replacement and if we have any deadline to get this done?
As far as the replacement process goes, it takes an average of 4-5 hours at the maximum. Contact your dealer and check if your car vin figures in the list of cars in the list for replacement.

OT:

mother of typos, i suggested a guy to lug the engine in an earlier post of mine. Engine shouldn't be lugged and the gear changes should be smooth. If he really wants it, he can baby it by rev-matching too.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 11:47   #8732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, could you please let me know how long it will take for the RTB replacement and if we have any deadline to get this done?
The time it takes depends on whether the rtb needs to be replaced or not - which will be decided by ford post inspection, that's why ford service centre gives an approximate timeframe of 6 to 8 hrs.
My Figo Titanium Petrol is June 2012 built, they inspected the rtb, made some markings with paint/tape on it and didn't replace it as it was alright.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 22:34   #8733
BHPian

Just checked the FE of my one year old Figo (Petrol) for the very first time and the result was disappointing. It gives only 8.5 KM/Ltr :(
It has been used sparingly and within the city completely. ODO shows 3.5Kms and I have done the first free service at around 1.5 KMs (I guess it has only one free service ?)

Is the above FE is normal or should I take this to Service Center ? Appreciate fellow owners suggestions, comments, advice
Old 8th November 2013, 00:22   #8734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Just checked the FE of my one year old Figo (Petrol) for the very first time and the result was disappointing. It gives only 8.5 KM/Ltr :(
It has been used sparingly and within the city completely. ODO shows 3.5Kms and I have done the first free service at around 1.5 KMs (I guess it has only one free service ?)

Is the above FE is normal or should I take this to Service Center ? Appreciate fellow owners suggestions, comments, advice
8.5kmpl is way too low. I'm getting a decent 12kmpl with 100% city + ac driving on my 1.5 yr old Titanium Petrol. IMO it might improve with running or after the first oil change, else you might want to get it checked by the service centre. Updating the ecu firmware might help here.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 01:47   #8735
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even we haven't checked the FE of our December 2010 Petrol Figo and it is going to be 3 years now. It has only run some 12,000 km in this time.
Old 8th November 2013, 09:34   #8736
BHPian

Quote:

I think we are entitled to two free services. That aside, a few questions from my side just to have a clear picture.
1. Do you drive fast?
2. Frequency of use? If you use it sparingly, mileage will be slightly on the lower side due to a lot of reasons. The initial time for the engine to get run-in will take 3k kms and if you run the vehicle frequently, the run-in will be much better.
3. Is your car smoking?
4. Are your oil levels low? If it is. then you have to get it topped up with the correct grade of engine oil. Look below the car after parking it and if you see anything like oil under the engine bay, it needs to be looked into.
Old 8th November 2013, 09:43   #8737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Mine is a March 2010 car with stock Goodyears, its done about 33K. The tyres gets really noisy after 15-20K and also gets weak. A lot of punchures off late. SA advised to change them as part of the 30K service considering the thread depth and wear, but I haven't done it yet.
I replaced my tyres at 48.5 K Km. They would have lasted more but for the fact I was using only 4 tyres. One tyre had got damaged just 2-3 months after purchasing the car. I had put it as the spare. Otherwise, regular alignment and balancing the tyres should last for 55 Km easily.
Old 8th November 2013, 09:56   #8738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
I second them! I'm a proud owner of not one, but two figos (petrol Titanium & Zxi) and have been completely satisfied with the overall experience of these vehicles! Both are running very well and have had almost negligible issues. Compare that to my dad's Spark which is only 4m older to my mom's figo but has had major issues and replacements: flywheel, clutch, brake pads, suspension (front & rear) and still rattles like hell!
The car is generally reliable. My Figo has almost 50 K Km on the clock. It had an air conditioning issue one ( sorted out under warranty) and an issue with the steering pump( replaced under warranty). Other than that it has been flawless. Yes the low GC is a bother and I did hit the under carriage and damage the oil strainer resulting in a crankshaft rebuild and a clutch replacement. However, that does not make it an unreliable or maintenance heavy vehicle. It just has to be nursed on rough roads. Not really suited to kuccha/potholed roads.
Old 8th November 2013, 10:06   #8739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
I think we are entitled to two free services. That aside, a few questions from my side just to have a clear picture.
1. Do you drive fast?
2. Frequency of use? If you use it sparingly, mileage will be slightly on the lower side due to a lot of reasons. The initial time for the engine to get run-in will take 3k kms and if you run the vehicle frequently, the run-in will be much better.
3. Is your car smoking?
4. Are your oil levels low? If it is. then you have to get it topped up with the correct grade of engine oil. Look below the car after parking it and if you see anything like oil under the engine bay, it needs to be looked into.
Hi Arch-Angel- Here is my answers

1. In fact I dont drive it much as its my second car and driven mostly by drivers whenever my parents want to go out. Don't think they drive very fast because the roads are narrow and busy with traffic.
2. Frequency of use will be 2-3 days a week and about 15 -20 Kms a day
3. Not sure what that means
4. Havent checked oil levels for a long while but there is no oil leak. Will check the oil levels this week.
Old 8th November 2013, 10:33   #8740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I am getting some noise, but it is more of a noise from a belt than rub noise, but i am not sure. I don't see any other issue, so ignoring for now. Have driven around 2K KMs with that noise. Not getting time to drop in to service center, but have to do sometime next month.
Last week i went and checked with Ford service center for the noise. SA done a test drive and also done a quick check (wheel bearing) and said no issue. He said the issue could be something to do with tyres only.

Have done wheel alignment and balancing Saturday and i found the noise went away now. It seems the wheels are out of balance. I haven't done wheel balancing after i bought the car (unless the Ford service station done as part of regular servicing). The car is 44K now.

Two months back i have changed the stock bulbs with Osram Night Breaker Plus H4 12V 60/55W. It made a world of difference. Now i don't see the necessary of switching on my fog lamps. Wish i have done this immediately after purchase. Like tyre upsizing, this is a must upgrade for the old Figos. Since the Fog lamp is not needed now, i am looking for replacing them with DLRs similar to the one in BMW. Tried searching net, but couldn't get any specific points. Please let me know if any of you have any details suggestions on this.

Will be going for dieseltronic next week
Old 8th November 2013, 17:44   #8741
Senior - BHPian

From last month, I have been running my car with 35 psi tyre pressure and man the ride is super stiff, I just love it . Also the mileage on last fill was the highest in my ownership so far, Damn it's 17.6 Kmpl, with 100% AC and 60-40 Highway-City driving.

With 34, I notice a slight improvement in braking efficiency too, Don't know if it's because of tyre pressure or just like that. Also, the car crossed 7200 kms mark today. Ownership report coming out in next week, Will be washing the car tomorrow post which i'll headout for a photoshoot for the pics to be uploaded on the thread.
Old 8th November 2013, 18:58   #8742
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arch-Angel- Here is my answers
3. Not sure what that means
. I meant, are you able to see smoke while your vehicle idles or smoke under heavy acceleration. I feel everything will get alright once you start driving a bit more.
Old 10th November 2013, 20:14   #8743
BHPian

Got the roof blacken with gloss black wrap, Costed me 2.5k but the finishing was not good. 3M quoting 11k for gloss black :-(, its way too expensive so opted for this and learning to live with 2ndary quality.

Also did a DIY, Matting done with 3M nomad style mat.
(impressed by this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...loor-mats.html),
Got 20 sq ft (quoted 60/- per Sq. ft) noodle mat from a carpet solution shop on 100 feet road, Chennai. Bargained further and reduced the total cost to 1000/-.
Since its my very first attempt of DIY, cant get perfect/snug fit but managed somehow, used the Figo's OEM mat for dimensions.

Sorry for blur photos, doesn't turned out well. Will post the picture of Interiors with mat sometimes later.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20131110_131406.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20131110_131625.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20131110_131706.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20131110_080637.jpg  

Old 11th November 2013, 12:41   #8744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
........ Will post the picture of Interiors with mat sometimes later.
Added Interior shots with mats
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20131111_104903.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20131111_104838.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20131111_104928.jpg  

Old 12th November 2013, 02:15   #8745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The car is generally reliable. My Figo has almost 50 K Km on the clock. It had an air conditioning issue one ( sorted out under warranty) and an issue with the steering pump( replaced under warranty). Other than that it has been flawless.
Hi Rajneesh

Good to hear that you had a nearly trouble free experience with the figo. I too own a Figo tdci which had just clocked 20,000 kms. Last week I got my car serviced and complained the SA about some noise from the brake-pads which were not prominent though. At the time of taking back the car, the SA advised me to get the brake-pad as well as the brake-disc replaced I did not believe him as previously also he was just interested in selling other products of his company like engine flush-oil, additives and what not.

I would like to ask whether you also had got the brake-pad or brake-disc replaced, if yes, at what kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks